MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
Which goes back to how Pandora could hack PAIGE if PAIGE wasn't connected to the Endurance's systems. Maybe she didn't? Maybe Fracture was already implanted and Pandora's whole story is a whole-cloth fabrication? I feel like there may be some crossed threads with Egypt's girl's sister, who was a genius-level coder from Elysium. They don't look like relatives, but maybe rivals or some other connection. Haven't gotten to the Japan memory yet, so not sure what clues might be down that path.
I think you and I may be more or less on the same page about this.

What if Pandora isn't who she says she is? She reaches out to the MC out of the blue, arranges a secret holo-meeting with him, tells him a story about one of his fellow awakened travelers being a mole for an evil rival organization, tells him that she is en route to Endurance to eliminate the mole, tells him that she remotely hacktivated the Fracture failsafe in Paige, tells him not to tell anyone else about her (and probably tells him other things that I'm forgetting)... and the MC apparently takes all of this at face value and (again apparently) trusts her implicitly. Well, I'm not quite so trusting. After the holo-meeting with Pandora my spidey-sense was tingling, like something that I couldn't put my finger on was off about that meeting.

What if Pandora is the villain? What if she is using her prior knowledge about the MC's amnesia to manipulate him to help her implement her nefarious plot? Until I see some evidence to the contrary, I'm inclined to assume that she has been lying and that she is not to be trusted.

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
What if Pandora is the villain? What if she is using her prior knowledge about the MC's amnesia to manipulate him to help her implement her nefarious plot? Until I see some evidence to the contrary, I'm inclined to assume that she has been lying and that she is not to be trusted.
Also, the last meeting I believe Pandora said she'd need MC's help to get in the ship. Which seems a bit odd, since I think either Ishani or Skylar mentioned how it was common practice for outside organisations to have entry codes for colony ship maintenance or something. Which I would expect a l33t hacker to be able to get fairly easily.

Something doesn't pass the sniff test, and since the writing has been solid so far (often noticing when something that was supposed to happen, but then doesn't, usually because character X got distracted by MC's dick, but still, it shows attention to detail) I lean not towards plot hole, but to skullduggery! And also, Pandora? All the evils of the world in her box escape, except false hope. It's at the very least, extremely sus'.

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
thats why i always replay and pick different lol
Which would be easier if the skip dialogue was faster, and also didn't skip past unseen dialogue. It's even in the preferences, but still pushes past (noticed it on my first ever playthrough, was a bit alarmed).

_doodle_

Dec 11, 2022
Which would be easier if the skip dialogue was faster, and also didn't skip past unseen dialogue. It's even in the preferences, but still pushes past (noticed it on my first ever playthrough, was a bit alarmed).
for whenever i replay these things i dont even use the skip function. i just turn up the auto speed to max and the time between to zero so there isnt a delay between all the dialogue. it goes incredibly fast.

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
for whenever i replay these things i dont even use the skip function. i just turn up the auto speed to max and the time between to zero so there isnt a delay between all the dialogue. it goes incredibly fast.
Yeah, that's what I'll do when redoing my canon run with Camilla rather than Lira, I think. Just wanted to be able to see and notice all the new stuff from the different paths, and every other Ren'Py game stops if there's a single new line. I didn't know they could blow past it without you changing the settings.

Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
Yeah, that's what I'll do when redoing my canon run with Camilla rather than Lira, I think. Just wanted to be able to see and notice all the new stuff from the different paths, and every other Ren'Py game stops if there's a single new line. I didn't know they could blow past it without you changing the settings.
I changed it with the most recent update (D17) but it, plus the normal skip speed, will be back to normal when D18 drops.

Reactions: Hungover00

LordGonti

Jan 11, 2022
If anyone wants to list a few (no total number required) of their top likely culprit candidates, I'm also compiling a list on my Discord (which is in my sig).

On my end, everything is locked in, so no answers or guesses can sway me, I'm just curious to see everyone's guesses in non-paragraph form.
1. Camila - Physically capable and trained, hates MC from start, BS excuse
2. Skylar - I'm with Kasumi, she's dodgy
3. Pandora - Avoids breaking peoples hearts
4. Ishani - Probable but dev seems to love her too much
5. Marissa - Lone wolf, first to seduce MC
6. Gigi - I don't trust Gigi
7. Sasha - Please don't let it be Sasha
8. Tiffany - Metal arm, could be a badass.

The rest have avoided my suspicions.

Reactions: Hungover00

MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
My other theory is that Umiko is either aware of the villain (probably more than the MC is) and is secretly working behind the scenes to thwart/defeat the villain, or that she is the villain (or co-villain, if my theory about Pandora is correct). She's just too smart and strategic-minded to not be one or the other. She just seems to be figuratively playing 3D Chess while others are either playing checkers (MC, Ishani, Skylar) or seem more or less oblivious to the game that's afoot. To be fair, the MC is "playing checkers" IMO because he's impaired by his mind-wipe amnesia and to a lesser extent by the Fracture risk limiting what he can say to others on the Endurance.

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
1. Camila - Physically capable and trained, hates MC from start, BS excuse
2. Skylar - I'm with Kasumi, she's dodgy
3. Pandora - Avoids breaking peoples hearts
4. Ishani - Probable but dev seems to love her too much
5. Marissa - Lone wolf, first to seduce MC
6. Gigi - I don't trust Gigi
7. Sasha - Please don't let it be Sasha
8. Tiffany - Metal arm, could be a badass.

The rest have avoided my suspicions.
Billionaire didn't make the cut?

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
She's loaded. Why would she, of all people, work for the assholes, that want to control everything and everyone?
Why do billionaires want more than one billion? They are the assholes that control everything and everyone. That's her peer group. If she sold off her own business, did she maybe buy into one of the Evil Corps? Hell, should could easily be on the board of both.

Paerun Cru'Av

Nov 8, 2022
Why do billionaires want more than one billion? They are the assholes that control everything and everyone. That's her peer group. If she sold off her own business, did she maybe buy into one of the Evil Corps? Hell, should could easily be on the board of both.
Well, selling her shares and leaving for another planet would usually indicate, that she wants nothing to do with that kind of life, but we gotta keep reminding ourselves, there's a shitstorm brewing, so I get how that's suspicious. I also might be a bit biased, Raegan's my favourite.

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
Well, selling her shares and leaving for another planet would usually indicate, that she wants nothing to do with that kind of life, but we gotta keep reminding ourselves, there's a shitstorm brewing, so I get how that's suspicious. I also might be a bit biased, Raegan's my favourite.
Oh, I quite like Raegan too. She's a very fun character. But anyone with that much accumulated power is inherently suspicious. Even if she wasn't an instigator of any plots, she's such an important piece on the board. It's one reason I couldn't pick not to knock her up, even though I'm meh about pregnancy related content. Both as a strategic move to make a powerful ally, and just to make her happy, it seemed like both the best choice from a real politik and moral position, which is a rare overlap.

Reactions: Paerun Cru'Av

Paerun Cru'Av

Nov 8, 2022
Oh, I quite like Raegan too. She's a very fun character. But anyone with that much accumulated power is inherently suspicious. Even if she wasn't an instigator of any plots, she's such an important piece on the board. It's one reason I couldn't pick not to knock her up, even though I'm meh about pregnancy related content. Both as a strategic move to make a powerful ally, and just to make her happy, it seemed like both the best choice from a real politik and moral position, which is a rare overlap.
That was actually a no brainer for me. From the very first interaction with her I wanted to get her pregnant without even knowing if there will be such an option. Something like: ah, that's a fine woman, I gotta make her mine.

And I would still make the same choice, even if she was actually a culprit, and if I knew beforehand about it.

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
That was actually a no brainer for me. From the very first interaction with her I wanted to get her pregnant without even knowing if there will be such an option. Something like: ah, that's a fine woman, I gotta make her mine.
Glad it worked out for you! She may even start showing by day 21, so you won't have to completely wait for season 2.

Reactions: Paerun Cru'Av

LordGonti

Jan 11, 2022
Billionaire didn't make the cut?
Gotta be honest the baby thing swayed me / blinded me. Maybe she feels comfortable having the baby with him cos she knows he's about to get murdered and wont be a pain in the ass.

It does feel a bit extreme though.

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
Gotta be honest the baby thing swayed me / blinded me. Maybe she feels comfortable having the baby with him cos she knows he's about to get murdered and wont be a pain in the ass.

It does feel a bit extreme though.
I don't think whatever the plot is, that the MC is supposed to die at the end though. It seems likely that separating PAIGE from the MC wouldn't work. At least not with huge risks. Raegan could be an extra ace to convert him over to work willingly.

Not sure if I actually believe that. And yeah, having your baby daddy killed is pretty extreme. Buying him a mansion and setting up a harem, willing or on a payroll, that's a rounding error for a billionaire.

But Raegan isn't high on my list, just not off the "I could totally see that" part of it.

4.10 star(s) 87 Votes