Leon Blaze

Dec 3, 2019
Hey Wildman Dev just played the game, I wanted to ask if we'll be able to see more of Claire (Like if she is one of the 1000 girls still sleeping in Endurance or if we r gonna see any content with her daughter, Lexi). Its a pretty good game so far and almost all of the girls are likeable.
Please keep up the good work and good luck.

Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
Hey Wildman Dev just played the game, I wanted to ask if we'll be able to see more of Claire (Like if she is one of the 1000 girls still sleeping in Endurance or if we r gonna see any content with her daughter, Lexi). Its a pretty good game so far and almost all of the girls are likeable.
Please keep up the good work and good luck.
Both will be seen quite a bit in future updates, including this next one that's coming soon.

Sep 3, 2020
Both will be seen quite a bit in future updates, including this next one that's coming soon.
okay forgive me I know I'm not the smartest guy in the world but I thought we were able to choose our relationships with the girls I hate force sex scenes

I know I have a reading disability but the game's description implied. The relationships were up

to me so far I've seen no choices and it feels like a kinetic novel

but to be fair I did stop playing after the first sex scene

• Angry
Reactions: BossToff and TNVL

Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
okay forgive me I know I'm not the smartest guy in the world but I thought we were able to choose our relationships with the girls I hate force sex scenes
I know I have a reading disability but the game's description implied. The relationships were up
to me so far I've seen no choices and it feels like a kinetic novel
but to be fair I did stop playing after the first sex scene
Sorry the game wasn't for you, but I appreciate you trying it out regardless.

Sep 3, 2020
Sorry the game wasn't for you, but I appreciate you trying it out regardless.
please there's nothing to feel sorry about maybe the next game I was just confused because the game description implied that you can choose your relationships

again I have a reading disability but that's how it seems to me

soo to make it clear you cannot choose your relationships or

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
please there's nothing to feel sorry about maybe the next game I was just confused because the game description implied that you can choose your relationships

From what I could see, no, we can not.

It is more like that the main character is shared between all the girls, and all girls get some time to make use of the main character.
Maybe we will be able to break up with some girls sometime, but for now, it seems that all girls walking around the ship will be part of our harem.

Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
In a few situations, players can choose a relationship or not. In most situations/with most girls, though, you'll just get to decide the kind of relationship you have with them - this will impact sex scenes/normal scenes/interactions and in some cases, overall shaping of who the MC is, which will affect other decisions in the game's main arc.

But I'm not trying to be deceptive, even with the tons of variations in normal/sex scenes, Stranded in Space is more kinetic than not. I'll likely be adding a "skip sex scene" button in the next update, too.

Sep 3, 2020
In a few situations, players can choose a relationship or not. In most situations/with most girls, though, you'll just get to decide the kind of relationship you have with them - this will impact sex scenes/normal scenes/interactions and in some cases, overall shaping of who the MC is, which will affect other decisions in the game's main arc.

But I'm not trying to be deceptive, even with the tons of variations in normal/sex scenes, Stranded in Space is more kinetic than not. I'll likely be adding a "skip sex scene" button in the next update, too.
ooo I understand it's okay maybe in your next game they will be more of a relationship choice

but in my opinion adding a skip sex scene button doesn't make any sense because it doesn't stop the scene from happening story-wise

Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
Yeah a "skip sex scene" button wouldn't be relevant, the issue is not to see the sex scene but that you can't make the MC refuse the sex scene, thus having no control over him like in a kinetic novel
Some people have requested it, and it's a fairly simple thing to implement, so it's no big.

jasont123

Aug 14, 2020
First downloading the game I expected to just see the same space themed where the MC lost his memory and now gets a fresh start screwing each character. But I'm glad to say that's not the case and this was a great first release.

The characters all have different personalities instead of everyone just jumping on the MCs dick which is good, there should be development between the MC and characters before they get down to business. There's many characters who give the MC the cold shoulder due to the position he finds himself in, those being the older characters (I guess wisdom does come with age), while other more younger characters are all excited about there being a man around the ship who then act more carefree. One of my favorite characters solely based on personality is Umiko. Outgoing as all hell and she brings a good amount of humor to the table. She's probably one of the characters that I suspect will have more screen time seeing as she's going to be the MCs "greatest ally" and as the rest of the characters mentioned in the group chat, she's 1/3 leaders (others being Ishani and Skylar). She also has some more personality development to her where she can sense Alinas potential depression and the MC and Paige figure that's due to her possibly being in the same situation in her past. Very well written character.

The AI (Paige) that's in the MCs head adds a different element that I can see in the future being something that greatly aids the MC throughout the story. I like how Paige isn't an all knowing, all seeing Ai but she has her limits for example that she can't tell the MC everything he wants to know about her due to files being blocked. The files that are blocked probably hold some clues about the missing year the MC can't recall and of how he ended up on the ship. Throughout the story and from unlocking the information Paige doesn't yet have access to, I hope that Paige can become more useful to the MC instead of just a voice in his head. Seeing as theres someone evil on the ship, maybe when Paige has full access to her files she's then able to use bluetooth and connect to the ship where she would be able to aid the MC with information that he previously wouldn't have access to. I definitely see Paige as one of the most important characters due to literally being connected to the MC and if he dies, Paige goes with him. We learn from Pandora (foreshadow of Pandora's Box?) that the MC due to Paige being connected to him, is very important to Elysium and that the MC is the key to Elysiums continued prosperity. Pandora also mentions that whoever has control of Paige will be "at the very least rich and influential in Elysium politics" even have control of Elysium. How powerful is this AI that it would allow the person it's connected to, to have control over an entire planet? Is it due to Paiges technology being several decades ahead of Elysium or is there more to it that we'll later find out about. Does this mean that once the characters reach Elysium the MC has the possibility of controlling Elysium like Pandora mentioned?

With Pandora telling the MC theres someone evil on board, it got me thinking. I personally rule out Umiko off the bat due to her being the obvious choice seeing as she's called herself an evil scientist. I also rule out the sisters due to Pandora saying theres someone evil on board, that being singular, not plural. Imo, siblings close enough to travel the galaxy by themselves, they would know if something was up with one another. I think Sasha is currently my #1 pick for the evil person due to her appealing to the MC as frequently as she can. She also seemed to know Skylar was the first to wake up, this hasn't been confirmed so it may her guessing so that may be something we find out later. She wants the MC to build a harem which if a man trapped on a ship surrounded by women heard, he'd immediately feel in the very least intrigued by that. Most men I'd assume if in the same position would tend to want that. Remember that whoever has control over the AI (Paige) will in the very least be very influential and possibly control Elysium. It's said that removing Paige will likely destroy the AI and likely will kill the MC in the process, so what better way than to control a planet than to be the harem queen and have a good amount of influence over the person who does control the AI, the MC.

Early in the story we see a drone scan the MC when he was hiding in the lockers. We then see another (maybe the same) drone in his Egypt flashback. I don't see this as a coincidence. The MC also can't recall any special skills he had when asked by Ishani, but in the flash backs it seems that he's some kind of business man, to what degree though we don't know just yet. Traveling to Egypt and Japan for months at a time I can see the MC being an actual 'somebody' back on earth during the year he can't recall. Seeing as the game has the fantasy tag, maybe there will be some truth to Gaia.

Like I just mentioned, maybe Gaia is real. I don't expect a dev to devote an entire scene within a scene, gathering all the assets and spending the money to get them as something minor to the story. Instead I'd expect a dev (especially a newly released game) to just have the story of Gaia appear showing the characters on board the ship instead of in the wilderness with an obelisk. With the fantasy tag added, maybe there is some truth to Gaia and we may see more fantasy elements in the future. But that can also be me overthinking it, who knows?

The computer is a nice additional that I enjoyed. Maybe make it so you don't even have to skip it but make it completely optional but always available. In that way I mean each day when the MC wakes up, Paige prompts him to check the computer but you can skip it, but later on in the day by clicking the top right of your screen theres a new computer icon, where you then have access to the computer throughout the day. This would allow players to see the mini gallery whenever they want as well as allow players to re read the conversations that they may have already had incase they forget something mentioned. I'd also make the groupchat much faster. It felt way too long to have those conversation finish. Also allow saves while using the computer. Finally, the log off button rarely worked for me. I had to spam click it over and over and it seems that the only spot that you'd log off the computer is clicking the arrow and even then, it took a lot of spam clicking to close the computer. Maybe make that entire tab the log off button.

Questions I don't expect answers to due to they most likely will be spoilers but it doesn't hurt to ask: How long will the story go on? Seeing as whoever has control of Paige will be "at the very least rich and influential in Elysium politics" and that person currently being the MC, I hope to see the characters finally arrive on Elysium and see how the Good guy/Man whore (evil route?) shapes their lives. Will the story be only on the ship or maybe the final chapter(s) be on Elysium where Pandora mentioned the old men sitting around trying to make as much money as they can? If so, will the MC become very influential and possibly control the planet due to Paige? And depending on if we go for the good/man whore route, will that change how the MC acts once they reach Elysium?

All in all, great story with a ton of content for a first release and I look forward to the new release! I also recommend creating a discord sever and putting it in your links. I can see this story getting a good amount of following if you continue the way your first release went.

Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
Best review ever
I really enjoyed reading that, Jason. I appreciate the thought you've put into the story, and the truth is: the story of Stranded in Space is very precise and very planned out. It will reward players like you above all else, who appreciate narrative plot building and cool twists. Many of your thoughts aren't far from what I was going for, so it makes me happy to read your impressions.

As far as to your questions and suggestions:
1) I can't give a real world timeframe of how long this game will go, because exactly how much is going in each update isn't yet determined. For instance, the first update originally had 4 days, but now it has 5.
2) But the game will end on Elysium. And there isn't just one ending, as you suspect.
3) Group chat will be faster upon arrival of the next update. I also have an option to turn off the delay entirely.
4) All buttons have been made easier to click.
5) There will be a scene and album gallery on the main menu. I have no plans to allow laptop use except in the morning.
6) Autosaves will be a thing, and although the exact thing you want with the laptop conversations isn't easily possible, the outcome you're looking for in relation to saving/seeing other choices will be a thing, come the next update.
7) A Discord server is planned... at some point. I don't know how much of a following I need to justify that, but it's definitely going to happen at some point.

Anyway, I really appreciate you playing the game and leaving such a detail review of it. Hope to see you for the next update!

jasont123

Aug 14, 2020
I really enjoyed reading that, Jason. I appreciate the thought you've put into the story, and the truth is: the story of Stranded in Space is very precise and very planned out. It will reward players like you above all else, who appreciate narrative plot building and cool twists. Many of your thoughts aren't far from what I was going for, so it makes me happy to read your impressions.

As far as to your questions and suggestions:
1) I can't give a real world timeframe of how long this game will go, because exactly how much is going in each update isn't yet determined. For instance, the first update originally had 4 days, but now it has 5.
2) But the game will end on Elysium. And there isn't just one ending, as you suspect.
3) Group chat will be faster upon arrival of the next update. I also have an option to turn off the delay entirely.
4) All buttons have been made easier to click.
5) There will be a scene and album gallery on the main menu. I have no plans to allow laptop use except in the morning.
6) Autosaves will be a thing, and although the exact thing you want with the laptop conversations isn't easily possible, the outcome you're looking for in relation to saving/seeing other choices will be a thing, come the next update.
7) A Discord server is planned... at some point. I don't know how much of a following I need to justify that, but it's definitely going to happen at some point.

Anyway, I really appreciate you playing the game and leaving such a detail review of it. Hope to see you for the next update!
Haha I look forward to what you've come up with. In regards to discord, imo, I'd create one asap. It's much easier to talk to people there rather than here. When games are updated, people tend to join the devs discord at a much higher rate so I'd recommend creating one before your next release. If you want help with that feel free to send me a pm and I'd be happy to help you out.

Reactions: portgasdluigi

Terut

Nov 16, 2017
One criticism I have is the AI is a bit....ugly. The Tron face is just distracting and kinda creepy to look at. If she's in your mind, and loves to poke fun at your horniess, why can't she have fun and appear as anybody she wants?

Tom Clark

Jun 9, 2018
found this error

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/laptoplabels.rpy", line 204, in <module>
File "game/laptopd4.rpy", line 879, in execute
File "game/laptopd4.rpy", line 884, in execute
File "game/laptopd4.rpy", line 889, in execute
File "game/laptopd4.rpy", line 1089, in execute
File "game/laptopd4.rpy", line 1090, in execute
File "game/laptopd4.rpy", line 1090, in <module>
NameError: name 'umiko_girls' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "laptoplabels.rpyc", line 204, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/laptoplabels.rpy", line 204, in <module>
File "renpy/exports.py", line 1561, in pause
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='pause', type='pause', roll_forward=roll_forward, pause=delay)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3315, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3735, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 568, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 436, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3735, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 447, in per_interact
self.update()
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 637, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/laptopd4.rpy", line 884, in execute
File "game/laptopd4.rpy", line 889, in execute
File "game/laptopd4.rpy", line 1089, in execute
File "game/laptopd4.rpy", line 1090, in execute
File "game/laptopd4.rpy", line 1090, in <module>
NameError: name 'umiko_girls' is not defined