Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
I do have a few questions / concerns though, Wildman Dev.
Hey, first let me say I appreciate you playing the game.

Let me answer them in order as best I can.

The freedom of choice is a bit hard to describe - Most girls will have routes and options to choose how you want to deal with them: It kinda depends on the girl when it comes to how their routes will go. Most of these choices will be different sex scenes/normal scenes/dialogue/relationships - but still relationships - at least for most girls. Again, it's tough to accurately describe because it's not the same for all the girls.

As far as strictly saying "no" to a girl permanently, or missing out on her scenes/content altogether - nothing like that is planned. However, in the next update the option to skip sex scenes will be available, so if you really hate a girl or don't want to see the content, that'll be possible.

In this sense, Stranded in Space is a bit more kinetic than some people prefer, which I understand. It'll still have more unique playthrough content/sex scenes/dialogue than any other game ever, which also some people don't seem to like, so shoot me! (Side note: a "see non-activated routes sex scenes option will be available for my Patreons.)

The planned content is missing A FUCKTON, which I'm trying to find in my thread so I can change. I'm shocked I haven't done this yet. Harem/Anal will 100% 100% 100% be in the game, as will so many other fun ones!

Lastly, there will never be any futa/trans stuff in Stranded in Space.

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017

The freedom of choice is a bit hard to describe - Most girls will have routes and options to choose how you want to deal with them: It kinda depends on the girl when it comes to how their routes will go. Most of these choices will be different sex scenes/normal scenes/dialogue/relationships - but still relationships - at least for most girls. Again, it's tough to accurately describe because it's not the same for all the girls.

As far as strictly saying "no" to a girl permanently, or missing out on her scenes/content altogether - nothing like that is planned. However, in the next update the option to skip sex scenes will be available, so if you really hate a girl or don't want to see the content, that'll be possible.

In this sense, Stranded in Space is a bit more kinetic than some people prefer, which I understand. It'll still have more unique playthrough content/sex scenes/dialogue than any other game ever, which also some people don't seem to like, so shoot me! (Side note: a "see non-activated routes sex scenes option will be available for my Patreons.)
That's cool. So far it's pretty well written so a kinetic novel-style is just fine, and it makes sense for each girl to be unique, so I'm looking forward to seeing how you proceed with this.

The planned content is missing A FUCKTON, which I'm trying to find in my thread so I can change. I'm shocked I haven't done this yet. Harem/Anal will 100% 100% 100% be in the game, as will so many other fun ones!

"Woot!" :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for the reply.

portgasdluigi

Jul 24, 2021

I swear, every time you talk about your plans for the game, I get more excited haha.

Reactions: UnoriginalUserName

Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
OK, I finally finished with the game, beginning through Chapter 8 now. I have various thoughts on different things.

I really enjoyed reading your breakdowns of each character. Seeing initial thoughts makes me excited for the update, because there's a fair amount of route direction coming in the next update, so more than a few girls' arcs are started and/or explored.

Mauser45

Nov 6, 2017
There's an error-causing bug somewhere in the game, the second time I was online and trying to click on one of the girls to chat to

The bugfix did absolutely nothing...in fact, it completely killed my game!

Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
There's an error-causing bug somewhere in the game, the second time I was online and trying to click on one of the girls to chat to
The bugfix did absolutely nothing...in fact, it completely killed my game!
I think that's Haylee Day 4, right?

That's a very... difficult to bug to fix with a patch once it's been "initiated", which for you it has it looks like. The best thing to do is not click Haylee on Day 4 of the Laptop.

By the next day (5) with the bug fix applied, everything will be working again like it should be.

Haylee doesn't have a conversation on Day 4 laptop, so you're not missing anything.

Reactions: Mauser45
Jan 17, 2021
Like the game so far. Only criticism, and it's merely cosmetic, but, the vitiligo depicted, seems to be more...blurry than IRL? I've actually met several people through work with vitiligo, and it's always been a very clearly defined delineation between where the dark pigment ends, and the pale pigment begins.

Not sure if this is just a problem with the skin toner tools in your rendering set? But, they seem more of a fuzzy, blurred middle area. Maybe just make the line more clear and defined?

Don't get me wrong, I LIKE that you actually included someone like that, as it's fairly rare in these games, and I like the character. Just the way it looks, keeps reminding me that it's a render I'm looking at, and not a real person with that condition? *shrugs* Like I said, a very tiny criticism, enjoyed the content so far, and looking forward to more updates.

Mauser45

Nov 6, 2017
I think that's Haylee Day 4, right?

That's a very... difficult to bug to fix with a patch once it's been "initiated", which for you it has it looks like. The best thing to do is not click Haylee on Day 4 of the Laptop.

By the next day (5) with the bug fix applied, everything will be working again like it should be.

Haylee doesn't have a conversation on Day 4 laptop, so you're not missing anything.
Got it, thanks!

Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
Like the game so far. Only criticism, and it's merely cosmetic, but, the vitiligo depicted, seems to be more...blurry than IRL? I've actually met several people through work with vitiligo, and it's always been a very clearly defined delineation between where the dark pigment ends, and the pale pigment begins.

Not sure if this is just a problem with the skin toner tools in your rendering set? But, they seem more of a fuzzy, blurred middle area. Maybe just make the line more clear and defined?

Don't get me wrong, I LIKE that you actually included someone like that, as it's fairly rare in these games, and I like the character. Just the way it looks, keeps reminding me that it's a render I'm looking at, and not a real person with that condition? *shrugs* Like I said, a very tiny criticism, enjoyed the content so far, and looking forward to more updates.
It was a stylistic decision.

Does "It's 100 years in the future and vitiligo has adapted" work for you?

Because I'm taking that creative license when it comes to pregnancy...

Jan 17, 2021
It was a stylistic decision.

Does "It's 100 years in the future and vitiligo has adapted" work for you?

Because I'm taking that creative license when it comes to pregnancy...
Yeah it's fine, just wasn't sure if it was an issue with the rendering, or a choice. If it's your choice, ok then. *shrugs*

Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
Yeah it's fine, just wasn't sure if it was an issue with the rendering, or a choice. If it's your choice, ok then. *shrugs*
My response probably came off more asshole-ish than I intended, it was really just a poor attempt at a pregnancy tease.

Jan 17, 2021
My response probably came off more asshole-ish than I intended, it was really just a poor attempt at a pregnancy tease.
It's fine. I just know from other game devs, some of the insane problems they run into with various rendering systems, sometimes so bad they just can't fix them, and leave them in. Often breaking the 4th wall with a "yeah I know that thing is fucked, couldn't fix it, sorry" So wasn't sure if it was something like that or not. It's not a deal breaker, not by a long shot, just a slight thing that tickles the back of my brain every so often. xD

Jaxom3003

Feb 5, 2021
First off, the game is engaging. The writing is very well done, and the "angst" of the MC does come across as realistic. Especially if he is trying to 180 from who he was ... or was forced to be prior to being frozen.

There were a couple of bugs mentioned ... around the laptop PM chatting, I did notice once that the MC was referred to as "Blake" in one of the cutscenes as opposed to the "changed" named.

As a first attempt at a game, it is pretty well done, the art is rather consistently rendered, with a lot of attention to detail. The animations are also smooth, except for when you move the cursor to click on the green arrow to advance. The animation hitches somewhat.

Character development is also another factor that makes the game engaging ... quite a few games are quick to fuck with no real story whatsoever. Well done.

I will say that I even broke out the bloody Windows magnifying glass to look for those hidden pictures ... either I am not good at finding Waldo, or my glasses need to be replaced ... sigh. Even knowing the size of the image I was looking for didn't help.

As to the whole sandbox vs. VN argument ... so long as the story is well written, the art is well rendered, and the animations smooth and lewd, it really doesn't matter in the short-term. In the long-term it boils down to how long the consumer wants to consume (branching paths are fun to follow, but can be a nightmare to script ... especially if you keep adding girls to the mix.)

While choices are fun, the consumer should remember that the more paths added means longer time between updates. And if you are really enjoying the story long wait time can be frustrating ... case in point there are some games where it has been months between updates and that can be a hard sell for asking for patronage.

And my vote is for a certain Gaia devotee ... just a hunch at this point, but curious to see where it goes.

Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
And my vote is for a certain Gaia devotee ... just a hunch at this point, but curious to see where it goes.
I appreciate your thoughts on the game. Some of the issues you noticed are fixed with the patch available in the original post, and the rest will be improved/fixed quite soon, even before the next update.

The time between updates has been on my mind a lot recently, as it happens. As of right now, I'm pretty settled on a few solutions that will speed up the release dates... but we'll see, I'm not ready to commit to any idea yet.

And if I'm understanding your last statement correctly, you're a fan of Elsie, right? Her path becomes a lot clearer in this next update, and it's pretty awesome, in my opinion!

Anyway, thanks for playing the game!

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
I just finished what's available in the game from start to finish, and absolutely love it so far. There's a lot of content, so I think that it took me more than a week.

I personally am not a big fan of hallway VNs. I would much, much rather have a sandbox or semi-sandbox where I get to pick where to go and who to interact with in which order. However, the dev has done an excellent job with this, and its absolutely one of my favorite 2 or 3 in this style that I've played.

The roster of characters is large, but they are all unique, and almost all of them are sexy. There is not one, but three female characters acting as a wing man for the MC, which I absolutely love. The story is very much a slow burn, but its worked really well so far. Its made the sexy reveals even better when they've come along. The scenes at the very end of the most recent chapter were fantastic, and I can't wait to see more.

Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
I just finished what's available in the game from start to finish, and absolutely love it so far. There's a lot of content, so I think that it took me more than a week.

I personally am not a big fan of hallway VNs. I would much, much rather have a sandbox or semi-sandbox where I get to pick where to go and who to interact with in which order. However, the dev has done an excellent job with this, and its absolutely one of my favorite 2 or 3 in this style that I've played.

The roster of characters is large, but they are all unique, and almost all of them are sexy. There is not one, but three female characters acting as a wing man for the MC, which I absolutely love. The story is very much a slow burn, but its worked really well so far. Its made the sexy reveals even better when they've come along. The scenes at the very end of the most recent chapter were fantastic, and I can't wait to see more.
I appreciate the kind words, and thanks also for the positive review!

4.10 star(s) 87 Votes