Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
curious why doesn't this photo make it in the photo album
View attachment 1851090
It's just an error when I check which pics a player can fairly have. I don't allow for the instance that says, "Yeah, this pic can be in the album."

Wildman, are you suuurre this is your first game? I smell a ringer.;)
It's definitely my first game, just not my first attempt at making a VN. Much to the chagrin of about half of my applicable player base, once upon a time I had a fairly feature complete version of Stranded in Space in Unity that was open world. Moved to Ren'py around late October of last year.

Dec 1, 2017
I don't know if this is exactly what you want, but you can skip any sex scene in the game in its entirety. It still "happens" though.
Any plans on changing how it works from just skipping the scene to actually declining the scene? Also, how about adjusting the skip range coz you can still see the beginning and end parts of the scene that I would rather skip.

Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
Any plans on changing how it works from just skipping the scene to actually declining the scene? Also, how about adjusting the skip range coz you can still see the beginning and end parts of the scene that I would rather skip.
There are no plans, sorry :(

It's just not very feasible, unfortunately. By allowing to decline a scene then I have to account for it somehow in the story... there's 16 girls (for now) in the game... that's far too much alternate dialogue, not to mention the extra renders to depict the "No".

if had_sex_with_marissa:
"Boy, that sex was great, right?"
else:
"I had to say no to Marissa, she's mean. And ugly."
x494.

And in the end it's all done to reduce the content in the game, because the scene was declined.

SHER!FF

Aug 15, 2019
It's just an error when I check which pics a player can fairly have. I don't allow for the instance that says, "Yeah, this pic can be in the album."

It's definitely my first game, just not my first attempt at making a VN. Much to the chagrin of about half of my applicable player base, once upon a time I had a fairly feature complete version of Stranded in Space in Unity that was open world. Moved to Ren'py around late October of last year.
There's something to be said for Unity and especially for a guy attempting to use it for a first attempt. I'll say though, your ren'py version is pretty top-notch. The fully fleshed-out characters and impressive dialogue will be plenty enough to keep me around to see it through. Top five...no kidding.

MagnusAxess

Jan 9, 2022

I'm curious as to how open world would have changed the game. Maybe once everything is more comfortable you might make a similar game with your original vision.

Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
salut pendant certaines scènes le texte et les images sont lentes.
Anybody else google translating salome's posts?

I don't know why it would be slow for you... sometimes I pace the text to better match the tempo of what's happening... I also use pauses a lot, maybe that's what it is? Other than that, if you've got other programs open or something, that might slow it down. I don't know.

I'm curious as to how open world would have changed the game. Maybe once everything is more comfortable you might make a similar game with your original vision.
I definitely plan to make another game at some point. It will be opposite in structure to Stranded in Space.

I freaking love this game ! Love the wit and humor, love the laptop system, even love the stowaway thats in my mind. Keep up the excellent work.
I appreciate the kind words. Hope to see you for Days 12-13 soon.

Reactions: delacroix2

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
Wildman Dev
Day 8 Laptop Photo Hunt has an exception Error.
The Error is not ignorable, in fact the game returns to Main Menu after clicking ignore.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
Wildman Dev
Day 8 Laptop Photo Hunt has an exception Error.
The Error is not ignorable, in fact the game returns to Main Menu after clicking ignore.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah, unfortunately you're right. I'm fixing it when the next update comes out, since it's so close to being released.

Sorry about that. :(

Reactions: Shaneride

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
Yeah, unfortunately you're right. I'm fixing it when the next update comes out, since it's so close to being released.

Sorry about that. :(
Yeah, no worries.
It's software, something like that is unfortunatly kinda unavoidable. It happens all the Time. ;)

It's a lovely game, i just discovered it 2 days ago. The Laptop is very well implemented into the story, and at least for me it is a rare occasion, that i'm not annoyed by such stuff. So keep it up, good work so far!

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
This game is marvelous! The good feels and the way all of the interactions just flow seamlessly is great.
Games with max content like this one are gems and staples of the ingenuity and devotion of their makers.
Keep on striving for all your babes, make them justice to the way you see them in your immagination.
Those of us happy to tag along in your ride will appreciate every scene you put in for the babes.

Unity is often a barren sand box with frustratin uncalled for cumbersome to use yet skimpy UI
and bonkers actions throughout the free roam sections.
Ren”Py has this outta the box easy to use and understand GUI and many features Unity would need
coding in to make gamers really appreciate your game.

There are no plans, sorry :(

It's just not very feasible, unfortunately. By allowing to decline a scene then I have to account for it somehow in the story... there's 16 girls (for now) in the game... that's far too much alternate dialogue, not to mention the extra renders to depict the "No".

if had_sex_with_marissa:
"Boy, that sex was great, right?"
else:
"I had to say no to Marissa, she's mean. And ugly."
x494.

And in the end it's all done to reduce the content in the game, because the scene was declined.
Make the most of your scenes, integrate most to many in every edition, those scenes deserve to be gamed.

Deser towns, work in progress sections all over, small to next to nothing action wise in the game.

Anybody else google translating salome's posts?

I don't know why it would be slow for you... sometimes I pace the text to better match the tempo of what's happening... I also use pauses a lot, maybe that's what it is? Other than that, if you've got other programs open or something, that might slow it down. I don't know.

I definitely plan to make another game at some point. It will be opposite in structure to Stranded in Space.

I appreciate the kind words. Hope to see you for Days 12-13 soon.
Game be progressing nicely and all these honey bees full of pent up throbbing desire are worth it.

xcribr

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2017
This is an old bug that I keep forgetting to hard fix. There is no talk with Haylee on Day 4, so if you just ignore her it'll resolve itself on Day 5.
Yeah... Similar error on Day 5, too:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/laptoplabels.rpy", line 364, in <module>
  File "renpy/common/00action_other.rpy", line 99, in __call__
    return self.expression()
  File "renpy/common/00action_control.rpy", line 126, in __call__
    renpy.show_screen(self.screen, *self.args, **self.kwargs)
Exception: Screen Haylee_convo_d5 is not known.

Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
Yeah... Similar error on Day 5, too:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/laptoplabels.rpy", line 364, in <module>
  File "renpy/common/00action_other.rpy", line 99, in __call__
    return self.expression()
  File "renpy/common/00action_control.rpy", line 126, in __call__
    renpy.show_screen(self.screen, *self.args, **self.kwargs)
Exception: Screen Haylee_convo_d5 is not known.
So on Day 3 Haylee gets online only after you talk with Ariel. There's some delay to this because I like bugs... situations can arise where the game thinks she should be online when really she shouldn't be.

What's weird in this case is that it's supposed to resolve itself the next day. When you log off each day I "reset" everyone. The only thing I can think of is that you have an old version of the game. Is that possible?

Any fan sigs planned,dev?
Absolutely.

Nice update!, I love Camila !!. The global chat is so fun
Thanks for the kind words, delacroix.

...I'm noticing a trend that's favoring in Camila's direction.

Reactions: delacroix2

xcribr

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2017
So on Day 3 Haylee gets online only after you talk with Ariel. There's some delay to this because I like bugs... situations can arise where the game thinks she should be online when really she shouldn't be.

What's weird in this case is that it's supposed to resolve itself the next day. When you log off each day I "reset" everyone. The only thing I can think of is that you have an old version of the game. Is that possible?
I only downloaded the current version a few days ago... Really loving the game, but I don't want to miss out on the laptop content and continue.

I did cover the chat with Haylee on Day 3. Should I have skipped that?

Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
I only downloaded the current version a few days ago... Really loving the game, but I don't want to miss out on the laptop content and continue.

I did cover the chat with Haylee on Day 3. Should I have skipped that?
Normally when someone who gets this bug ignores the Haylee D4 convo bug, it resolves itself the next laptop session and works again as intended. You've made it to the next level.

Haylee's first 3 chats in the base game (Days 1-8) are on Days 3, 6 and 7. So if you click her on Day 6, I think that will resolve it.

Reactions: xcribr

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
It's a kinetic novel with "Major Choices" along the way that result in impactful differences in your game. Right now there are three Major Choices, in the next update there will be another 3. Aside from that, there's a laptop chat element to the game that allows for Minor choices that can result in lewd pictures, different conversations, and various other random, minor differences.

Still, I don't want to misrepresent the game — Stranded in Space is mostly a kinetic novel.
Ah gotcha, I just went back to this thread to see if I'd overlooked a kinetic novel tag after sitting through three in-game days without any interaction beyond clicking through chats. I guess it's one of those borderline cases where it's not quite kinetic so maybe doesn't warrant the tag, but close enough that players who prefer more interactivity may be disappointed. Oh well, you can't please everyone.

Reactions: VNON
4.10 star(s) 87 Votes