Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
Is it you, Delightful Douche?! Are you my Fredo?

But you're so delightful on Patreon...

I just like saying that to you every chance I get.

To everyone who can't or won't support the game on Patreon, if I may re-up a tactless plea: please the game on Steam. It will be a huge help even if you don't plan to buy it.

Sep 2, 2020
I honestly have no idea why some threads pop off or not after I play through something I watch the thread if it's a game I care to keep playing. I'm always surprised at how short some of the threads for really fleshed out content full games can be.
meanwhile threads of games that have barely 5 minutes of play time are raving about that one render :HideThePain:

Maybe wildman can engage in more ways than just chatting, like links to patreon posts that is meant for everyone to see not just backers. Summer Heat and BADIK do this very often so people on this site are just as involve and prehaps may become future backers of the game.

Giving F95 a render or two helps a ton gets discussions and appreciation posts going. Just look at some games that aren't as beefy as Stranded in Space, they have plenty of fan art and an actual community but for some reason this game doesn't have any, I decided to even make my own sig with a hyperlink just so someone might want to click and discover this game.

Ultimately the update for each day should happen within the month or just over it (including the elysium version), otherwise I feel like the traction or "hype" dies over time because people will stop coming by here to check every now and then. Exclusivity has its downsides.

Last edited:

jjw2022

Mar 15, 2022
Hello Fellow 'Dead Thread? Zombies' and others. Elders that might teach them to learn to WAIT without a phone in your hand ("I posted THAT 2 mins ago!!!. Why doesn't He/She answer me yet?!!!!!!!

I written 'stories' with words. I've created 'images' after hours playing with the 'chin at that angle'. Coding the raw text that is edited into the typed words with ALL possible "CHOICE" options? Breathe, dudes. THIS team has a STORY that THEY are telling.

Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
I'm currently fine-tuning the in-game escape room hints system I'm developing.

If the player hasn't looted the hammer, the current hint goes: Have I explored everywhere? I feel like I'm missing some items... if only this escape room was like a supermarket; I could get a shopping cart and I could just, like, get items right off the shelf!

...Just before I submit this post, I'm now realizing that this is only like 1% funny if you've actually played through the Escape Room.

I bow my head in shame.

Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
I can´t pay this 5$... It´s very expansive in my country :cry::cry::cry::cry:
Can you sing? Can you dance? What are your skills? I'm not hard to please.

What's your APM? Or your WPM? What does the phrase "MS Office" mean to you? Can you print all?

smuk

Jul 4, 2017
Can you sing? Can you dance? What are your skills? I'm not hard to please.

What's your APM? Or your WPM? What does the phrase "MS Office" mean to you? Can you print all?
you know, I don't mean in a bad way, but if I don't do even 50$ per day doesn't mean that I sit on my ass whole day waiting for support. Have full day job, family and some other duties, taxes and expenses, and still support you guys, good devs, in your job to entertain me.
It's just - there's to many good games and I try to spend my quite limited budget between different devs, not just give it to one, 'cuase I think some times it's more important to see that 5 devs have +1 supporter with 1$, than one dev with 5$...

but in the end - it's a pirate site! so ahoy, I want a new day(SiS) in my life :D

• Haha
Reactions: PrivilegedCholo

Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
you know, I don't mean in a bad way, but if I don't do even 50$ per day doesn't mean that I sit on my ass whole day waiting for support. Have full day job, family and some other duties, taxes and expenses, and still support you guys, good devs, in your job to entertain me.
It's just - there's to many good games and I try to spend my quite limited budget between different devs, not just give it to one, 'cuase I think some times it's more important to see that 5 devs have +1 supporter with 1$, than one dev with 5$...

but in the end - it's a pirate site! so ahoy, I want a new day(SiS) in my life :D
404, misunderstanding found.

I get what you're saying, and of course I agree with you. I'm actually surprised (and thankful) Day 17 isn't already uploaded; I pissed quite a few people off with my 36-hour delay. I've never had to ban a Patron before... it was a sad day.

eltharion83

Aug 24, 2020

I get what you're saying, and of course I agree with you. I'm actually surprised (and thankful) Day 17 isn't already uploaded; I pissed quite a few people off with my 36-hour delay. I've never had to ban a Patron before... it was a sad day.
I also get both sides in this discussion.
On the one hand, some of you guys do this for a living - correct me if I'm wrong - but I guess you're one of them.
Your dilemma is you need to make a living out of this so you have to charge a certain amount of money and you have to attract a certain amount of subscribers to do so while keeping the fee for your subscription levels at a reasonable level - and here we have the issue.

I for my part also support different creators occasionally because I don't think most fees are reasonable compared to the content provided, so I subscribe, pay what I think it's worth, unsubscribe. But you have to do it more or less this to make a living...
From the consumer-perspective:
Your Elysium-Rank is 20 bucks a month and let's say you push out one day every three months (great content, nothing against that!), but constantly supporting you on that rank would equal paying one day of content with a triple A-game. That's how many see it and how I see it.
I have subscribed on a lower tier and invested 30 bucks so far in your game and that is in my eyes a high but still fair price for a good product. What keeps me from constantly supporting on a lower level tier (even on 5 bucks a month you pay for one triple-A game per year...) is the sad fact that I'd pay for a washed-down version of a VN (missing content) despite paying a full high-value games prize while getting "only" a part of a VN anyways.
Sure, you have to make something in order to attract people to the highest tier subscription, but I guess you're putting way more people off in the process from subscribing in general.
I'd pay the 5 bucks a month for the full experience, but not 240 a year (3-4 triple-A games...) for 3-4 in-game days.
So without this site I would have bought 1x the Elysium to get the full game, determined to wait a year for the next download for 20 bucks and most likely forgetting about the game in the process...

Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
I also get both sides in this discussion.
On the one hand, some of you guys do this for a living - correct me if I'm wrong - but I guess you're one of them.
Your dilemma is you need to make a living out of this so you have to charge a certain amount of money and you have to attract a certain amount of subscribers to do so while keeping the fee for your subscription levels at a reasonable level - and here we have the issue.

I for my part also support different creators occasionally because I don't think most fees are reasonable compared to the content provided, so I subscribe, pay what I think it's worth, unsubscribe. But you have to do it more or less this to make a living...
From the consumer-perspective:
Your Elysium-Rank is 20 bucks a month and let's say you push out one day every three months (great content, nothing against that!), but constantly supporting you on that rank would equal paying one day of content with a triple A-game. That's how many see it and how I see it.
I have subscribed on a lower tier and invested 30 bucks so far in your game and that is in my eyes a high but still fair price for a good product. What keeps me from constantly supporting on a lower level tier (even on 5 bucks a month you pay for one triple-A game per year...) is the sad fact that I'd pay for a washed-down version of a VN (missing content) despite paying a full high-value games prize while getting "only" a part of a VN anyways.
Sure, you have to make something in order to attract people to the highest tier subscription, but I guess you're putting way more people off in the process from subscribing in general.
I'd pay the 5 bucks a month for the full experience, but not 240 a year (3-4 triple-A games...) for 3-4 in-game days.
So without this site I would have bought 1x the Elysium to get the full game, determined to wait a year for the next download for 20 bucks and most likely forgetting about the game in the process...
I sincerely appreciate the support.

Another part to add to this is the consideration of someone's financial status. $5 to person A might mean the same as $20 to Person B. A millionaire cares for $1,000 dollars like you or I might care for $20.

I say this because the $20 Elysium version isn't supposed to be a perfect value proposition. It's for people who really believe in the project and are able enough financially to support the game at that higher level.

It's like investing in something you believe in; you're likely never to get your "money's worth," but I don't think you can put a price on helping a dev to create something you're a huge fan of. Without all of my Elysium supporters, it's unlikely I'd still be developing Stranded in Space.

...Some of that sounded cheesy, didn't it?

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022

I keep telling you to avoid promising specific release dates. Never a good idea. Best answer an indy dev can give is "I'm working diligently. The update will release soon." Never promise a specific date. Me? I know we will get the update when it is ready to be seen. No hurries, no worries, my friend.

Adventure ever on, Phat;)(y)

The_Ismand

May 31, 2023

I have heard that some devs forego the 1$ tiers completely, prefering to have patreons pledge 5$ 2-3 times per year instead. It's a matter of how much of the pledge goes to the creator. I believe that at 1$ it might be as little as 50-60% and that at 5$ they get at least 10% more.

Reactions: smuk
4.10 star(s) 87 Votes