TheGremlin21

Sep 19, 2018

Unlocked

Hello!
How is everyone doing?
This post is dedicated to the announcement of my second game: Touched by Sin.
Above is an image from the base release, which is coming along nicely. I'm hoping it will be out sometime in August. Stranded in Space Day 18 will also be out in August. August is going to be a great month.
From left to right, the characters are Cerys, Misty, and Riho.
Beyond that, I won't give any more story details (for now), as I've put a lot of work into the plot.
What I will talk about is my mission with this game. It's three-pronged, like my wang (?).
1st goal - Faster Updates - Above all else, my goal with Touched by Sin is to release updates a bit faster. There are many ways I hope to achieve this: I'm implementing a different rendering style, there won't be nearly as many characters, and updates likely won't have as much playtime as a standard day in Stranded in Space. Touched by Sin won't be as wordy, and it won't have as much fluff. It's to the point and more focused. It's direct and structured in a narrow, narrative-driven manner. Since around Day 13, Stranded in Space's script files have been around 10k lines in length. I would expect an update of Touched by Sin to have around 3-6k.
2nd goal - More Choices/Control - Stranded in Space is more linear than most AVNs. This turns a fair portion of people off. Touched by Sin is changing that. From the very first release, there will be dozens of choices to make that will affect your relationship with the girls in the game. Without spoiling anything, let's just say there are variables like charname_affection. This is in line with most standard AVNs; I'm sure you understand what I mean when I say there are more choices and more control. I would caution that I'm keeping this in line with the above goal; I wouldn't expect split paths like Elsie's enlightenment/bisexuality or choosing to wake Nemy or Daphne—it's more like the choices in Touched by Sin will get additional scenes, content, or kinks.
3rd goal - Darker, More Obscene Sexual Content - I affectionately refer to Stranded in Space as a lover's AVN. It's nice, and I really enjoy the mood of the game. But as the title might imply to you, Touched by Sin is meant to go a different route. We're getting kicked out of the hood with this one, boys. Touched by Sin is a darker game with a darker plot that will descend even further into the realm of indecency as the story progresses. I'm talking about an entire tone shift here, gentlemen, and it's gonna be hard to remain gentle, men.
With all of that said, perhaps some of what I've said worries or concerns you. All I ask is that you give it a chance! The telltale signs of my work are still present; the story is interesting and well written, and the renders and animations will be good.
Last bit of news: As I did with Stranded in Space's first release, I will be putting the base game of Touched by Sin on all forums for free. This is to generate interest, of course.
After that, it'll be on the $5 tier, like Stranded in Space. I'm mulling over a few ideas for a $10 version, which may happen, but I don't want to do anything that will add more time between releases, as that's the top focus of my game.
Anyway, that about wraps up this post!
An additional preview for Touched by Sin will come around the end of the month, as will one for Stranded in Space Day 18.
To end, I'd like to say that I appreciate the support for my work. I know the updates haven't been as regular as most of you would like, but in all ways (including for Stranded in Space 2), I'm making changes to fix that. Faster updates are important to me.
TTYL.
P.S. I really think you're going to like Touched by Sin!

Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
I'll quickly say that I know some will go, "Bah, humbug" at the idea of me working on a second game due to the already-too-slow release schedule of Stranded in Space.

Touched by Sin will be released during the in-between update months of Stranded in Space. I could list around a dozen reasons why it will not meaningfully slow down Stranded in Space's release schedule, but could I even convince your BLACKENED hearts?

Instead, I'll try to get you to see it from my perspective. I'll be transparent.

Not enough people love Stranded in Space. They should, but they don't. Does this fact bother me? Yes. Could I say more that would not be well received? Yes.

But I won't. Instead, I'll try to convert some more of you to my brand. Enter Touched by Sin. It's gonna be a good game; I guarantee it!

Your argument: "If the game slows down Stranded in Space's development too much, you might lose the fanbase that you do have."
My reply: "Yes, that's possible, but it's a risk I have to take. It's my challenge to conquer. Now embrace me in a hug."

I'm very excited about all of this. I hope you'll give the game a try when the time comes.

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
I'll quickly say that I know some will go, "Bah, humbug" at the idea of me working on a second game due to the already-too-slow release schedule of Stranded in Space.

Touched by Sin will be released during the in-between update months of Stranded in Space. I could list around a dozen reasons why it will not meaningfully slow down Stranded in Space's release schedule, but could I even convince your BLACKENED hearts?

Instead, I'll try to get you to see it from my perspective. I'll be transparent.

Not enough people love Stranded in Space. They should, but they don't. Does this fact bother me? Yes. Could I say more that would not be well received? Yes.

But I won't. Instead, I'll try to convert some more of you to my brand. Enter Touched by Sin. It's gonna be a good game; I guarantee it!

Your argument: "If the game slows down Stranded in Space's development too much, you might lose the fanbase that you do have."
My reply: "Yes, that's possible, but it's a risk I have to take. It's my challenge to conquer. Now embrace me in a hug."

I'm very excited about all of this. I hope you'll give the game a try when the time comes.
What percentage of completion is SIS? a quarter? halfway?

eltharion83

Aug 24, 2020
I was actually going to just make the post public, this formatting KILLS MY HUMOR.

But alas, it's true. I'm excited about it, and I think a lot of people will enjoy it.

I can't really say I'm thrilled by that, but (!) I'm willing to give this a chance as soon as you throw out some tags and after checking out the demo. Sounds promising.
I'm also a bit worried about a maybe delayed release schedule for SiS, but you at least talk convincingly about keeping the pace if not increasing it a bit.
I'm on if you manage to pull off both.

Still, a bit of a headache until I can be sure, other devs also promised certain progress when they started 2nd projects and almost always ended up abandoning one of them, getting lost in their schedules, or completely disappearing because they lose interest in their own projects. Out of my head, I know one active dev with more than one project at a time with a somewhat decent release schedule on his projects without neglecting one for the other. Hopefully, you'll be the second one, you definitely have the passion, let's see if you can pull it off when the reality of the workload hits you.
Guess you have to convince me (us?) with 2-3 consistent updates running two projects parallel. I'm cautiously optimistic here.

Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
What percentage of completion is SIS? a quarter? halfway?
There will be 21 days in the base release, aka Pandora's arrival. With Day 18 guaranteed to be out before September 1st, that will mean there's 3 days left in the base release.

I'm looking forward to this because, as I've been telling my Patrons for a while now, there are a lot of improvements I have planned for Stranded in Space 2. Improvements that should, in theory, hasten the release schedule, among a million other things.

I can't really say I'm thrilled by that, but (!) I'm willing to give this a chance as soon as you throw out some tags and after checking out the demo. Sounds promising.
I'm also a bit worried about a maybe delayed release schedule for SiS, but you at least talk convincingly about keeping the pace if not increasing it a bit.
I'm on if you manage to pull off both.

Still, a bit of a headache until I can be sure, other devs also promised certain progress when they started 2nd projects and almost always ended up abandoning one of them, getting lost in their schedules, or completely disappearing because they lose interest in their own projects. Out of my head, I know one active dev with more than one project at a time with a somewhat decent release schedule on his projects without neglecting one for the other. Hopefully, you'll be the second one, you definitely have the passion, let's see if you can pull it off when the reality of the workload hits you.
Guess you have to convince me (us?) with 2-3 consistent updates running two projects parallel. I'm cautiously optimistic here.
It's going to be a juggle, but thankfully, I went to clown college.

I know there's some justified skepticism, especially because my updates with Stranded in Space haven't been at the pace that anyone would like them to be, least of all me.

All I can say is that I'm determined and excited to see what people think of Touched by Sin.

ayy

Sep 14, 2016
I think dev has put out enough content for this game to justify starting a second game to keep ideas fresh. Not that we need to gatekeep that for him anyways. And I say this as an ex-patron. Looking forward to jumping back on board if I like your second game Wildman Dev

eltharion83

Aug 24, 2020
I know there's some justified skepticism, especially because my updates with Stranded in Space haven't been at the pace that anyone would like them to be, least of all me.

All I can say is that I'm determined and excited to see what people think of Touched by Sin.
I for my part would like to have faster releases of SiS but I'm aware of the quality of writing and renders. It takes time. So you're within my expected schedule and even if the wait is a bit on the longer side each day has been worth the wait.

If not for your clearly visible determination I would be way more sceptic about dual-wielding projects. I'm, as stated, cautiously optimistic. My guess is you can pull it off if you are determined and nothing goes sideways.

Reafwalk

Jan 12, 2022
I've a question about the scope of Touched By Sin. SiS is... not simple. The laptop feature, the conversations there, the games, etcetc... I'm no dev, but when looking at what others considered ... prominent features, it makes me think what you've done in SiS is above and beyond. I trust that the quality of TBS will be at least as high as that of SiS... Words are hard? I guess what I'm trying to ask is... are you going to be challenging yourself in the same way, or will TBS work be.. I keep wanting to say easier, but I don't want to say easier, because I don't want it to sound like I think you're gonna cut corners... I guess what I wanna ask is, will there be as many corners in the production of TBS?

I'm asking because, like you (and others) have pointed out... things can go wrong trying to create two games at once. If TBS is only going to be a challenge in Making The Writing Good, and not in the, "I have to add a berjillion features people will love" sense, than... I could see it as a good downtime activity. On the other hand, if it's also going to challenge you the same way... less easy to do as downtime? If any of this makes any sense.

Reactions: TheGremlin21

Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
I've a question about the scope of Touched By Sin. SiS is... not simple. The laptop feature, the conversations there, the games, etcetc... I'm no dev, but when looking at what others considered ... prominent features, it makes me think what you've done in SiS is above and beyond. I trust that the quality of TBS will be at least as high as that of SiS... Words are hard? I guess what I'm trying to ask is... are you going to be challenging yourself in the same way, or will TBS work be.. I keep wanting to say easier, but I don't want to say easier, because I don't want it to sound like I think you're gonna cut corners... I guess what I wanna ask is, will there be as many corners in the production of TBS?

I'm asking because, like you (and others) have pointed out... things can go wrong trying to create two games at once. If TBS is only going to be a challenge in Making The Writing Good, and not in the, "I have to add a berjillion features people will love" sense, than... I could see it as a good downtime activity. On the other hand, if it's also going to challenge you the same way... less easy to do as downtime? If any of this makes any sense.
It's exactly as you described, actually. TbS will be more to the point; it'll have less bells and whistles. The truth is, most of you monsters don't care about the group chat, minigames, the escape room, or the profile page question of the day. Hell, a lot of people think there's too much dialogue even without all of that. Well, all of that stuff takes time to make, and thus, not having it in TbS will already improve the release schedule.

It's all about the rendering, writing, and animating. That's the focus of TbS. It'll have less non-traditional AVN stuff. It'll be more singular and narratively focused.

So yes, it will be easier. If I weren't developing Stranded in Space, I'd likely delve into a much larger scale project, but that's not to say TbS won't be interesting or without any complexity, it's just that the design of the game was made to accommodate a more consistent release schedule from a dev that's already working on a huge game.

Maybe that diminishes the hype to some, but anyone who has enjoyed SiS knows I'm all about interesting characters and a compelling plot.

So if you like my rendering, animations, writing, and storytelling style, you're gonna enjoy TbS.

Reafwalk

Jan 12, 2022
It's exactly as you described, actually. TbS will be more to the point; it'll have less bells and whistles. The truth is, most of you monsters don't care about the group chat, minigames, the escape room, or the profile page question of the day. Hell, a lot of people think there's too much dialogue even without all of that.

So if you like my rendering, animations, writing, and storytelling style, you're gonna enjoy TbS.
Frank review from random consumer.
I personally love the dialogue, I think you do an amazing job with that. I enjoy the group chat and DMs, they're a great addition to this game. The escape room and minigames... mmmm... less so. The amount of dialogue, I think it's right on, but then I'm also a huge fan of the idea of story telling through dialogue. I'll say that if you're planning on keeping the same style dialogue, but with less bells and whistles, than I'm even more excited than when you announced it.

eltharion83

Aug 24, 2020
It's exactly as you described, actually. TbS will be more to the point; it'll have less bells and whistles. The truth is, most of you monsters don't care about the group chat, minigames, the escape room, or the profile page question of the day. Hell, a lot of people think there's too much dialogue even without all of that. Well, all of that stuff takes time to make, and thus, not having it in TbS will already improve the release schedule.
The extensive dialogue/story (and quality of it) is what separates SiS from most of the other VNs. The group chat (and the chat in general) in the morning is a great idea giving depth to the characters. Many of them get a few lines each day, you get a bit of their thoughts, motivations, plans... Depthen the relationship with them by talking, reminiscing about the past days, the past in general, making plans for the day or following days, and just learning about them and their motivations, as already stated.
This in the morning and the review of the day with your "roommate" in your head round all of this up.
I could do without the escape-room though. It is fun once but I won't mind an implemented skip with keeping the benefits for additional playthroughs.

Last edited:

lorkdubo

Aug 19, 2022
Bruh!! No!! The group chat was great. I love that shit. The same as Badik Clucks for example. When it's well implemented and it actually develops relationships and gives more depth/information about how the characters think and act, it's great.
In long story short you can see alex or ann descend. There is also defending lydia coller with ellie.

The_Ismand

May 31, 2023
Hmmmm....That compatiblity quiz Ishani gave us.... Who did you guys end up with on your first go. Elsie was my initial result.
I think there might have been like 4 questions where i teetered between 2 options or even 1 question being a toss-up between all 3 options.

4.10 star(s) 87 Votes