jowishg

Yare yare dawa (ง •̀_•́)ง
Donor
May 6, 2018
What girl(s) this update is about ?

Last edited:

TobiMAH

Dec 19, 2017
I'm honestly really glad that this game is one of the games that survived the "Abandoned" tag and got back on consistent updates, i'm a bit late to comment this since the game came back months ago but hey at least i did, good luck dev! really enjoyed the content and all the hard work spent on this game!

Morah SDG

Development Consultant & Revision's Supervisor
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
On what girl(s) this update is about ?
It's a follow up to Victoria Chase. A conversation with both Rachel Amber, a conversation with Juliet Watson, and a full scene with Victoria, with Taylor and Courtney present. It's alright. I liked that it made me think Mark Jefferson could be a "mic dropper" type lol

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
I'm honestly really glad that this game is one of the games that survived the "Abandoned" tag and got back on consistent updates, i'm a bit late to comment this since the game came back months ago but hey at least i did, good luck dev! really enjoyed the content and all the hard work spent on this game!

I don't even know the requirements for that tag, as before today, this game had an update over 5 months ago. There are some games that require fewer months to get the tag, and some are on 6 months with no update and no tag.

TobiMAH

Dec 19, 2017
I don't even know the requirements for that tag, as before today, this game had an update over 5 months ago. There are some games that require fewer months to get the tag, and some are on 6 months with no update and no tag.
Maybe the dev's absence for a while ? or maybe an official post on Patreon from the dev cuz i'm pretty sure this game at some point had the Abandoned tag and then came back after 8 months or so but i'm not talking about the 5 months update wait i'm talking about that time it got Abandoned and came back.

Reactions: Mormont

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
Maybe the dev's absence for a while ? or maybe an official post on Patreon from the dev cuz i'm pretty sure this game at some point had the Abandoned tag and then came back after 8 months or so but i'm not talking about the 5 months update wait i'm talking about that time it got Abandoned and came back.

Ahh ok. I was under the impression they just stopped all contact and never made a post about it. It's nice that they do communicate that at least.

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of Strange Nights v0.05.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage, because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

molerat21

Jun 12, 2017
I'm honestly really glad that this game is one of the games that survived the "Abandoned" tag and got back on consistent updates,...
Survived and consistent are not the words I'd use. Don't get me wrong, I love Strange Nights. I wouldn't be on this forum topic consistently if I didn't. But since LocJaw's return after his medical issues, the updates we've gotten were him saying around when he'd release the next patch, followed by long periods of no communication past that date, a sooon tag with an image of what's to come, another month or so of no communication, then the release, then more no communication, then another possible abandoned tag. Rinse repeat.
Just to be clear, it's not the wait I'm complaining about, or missing the deadline, it's the no communication in-between. If he's gonna miss his deadline, let his followers know. A written update with some info on what's going on once a week or two weeks wouldn't take that long.
To recap: I love the update, looking forward to more, but I'm too pessimistic to think we'll get an update on when 0.6 is within the next 6 months.
I might get hate for this, but that's my opinion, and I don't think I'm wrong.

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Survived and consistent are not the words I'd use. Don't get me wrong, I love Strange Nights. I wouldn't be on this forum topic consistently if I didn't. But since LocJaw's return after his medical issues, the updates we've gotten were him saying around when he'd release the next patch, followed by long periods of no communication past that date, a sooon tag with an image of what's to come, another month or so of no communication, then the release, then more no communication, then another possible abandoned tag. Rinse repeat.
Just to be clear, it's not the wait I'm complaining about, or missing the deadline, it's the no communication in-between. If he's gonna miss his deadline, let his followers know. A written update with some info on what's going on once a week or two weeks wouldn't take that long.
To recap: I love the update, looking forward to more, but I'm too pessimistic to think we'll get an update on when 0.6 is within the next 6 months.
I might get hate for this, but that's my opinion, and I don't think I'm wrong.
And people can argue "Well his Patreon was down", but his account here isn't blocked. No reason for the complete blackout during his suspension.

Draakaap23

Dying is always an option
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
And people can argue "Well his Patreon was down", but his account here isn't blocked. No reason for the complete blackout during his suspension.
Not really. Why would he care about a bunch of software pirates on F95? All this forum is full with, is people whining about updates, NTR and assumed milking of patreon's, all the while, the vast majority aren't contributing a dime in actual monetary support.
If I was him/her I would keep my mouth shut too since opening it would just give those people reasons to complain at you while trying to get work done on your project's update.
Personally, I rather get a sudden update every X months or so, then months of 'it's coming', or 'something happened' or just plain missed deadlines. It is all drama I can do without.

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Not really. Why would he care about a bunch of software pirates on F95? All this forum is full with, is people whining about updates, NTR and assumed milking of patreon's, all the while, the vast majority aren't contributing a dime in actual monetary support.
If I was him/her I would keep my mouth shut too since opening it would just give those people reasons to complain at you while trying to get work done on your project's update.
Personally, I rather get a sudden update every X months or so, then months of 'it's coming', or 'something happened' or just plain missed deadlines. It is all drama I can do without.
Problem with not caring about f95 argument is, it's a forum and platform HE chose to be a member of. It's one of TWO outlets you can hear from him on, alongside an additional third if you happen to have his email and contact him directly. Which was certainly "miss"-or-miss when he was sick in the hospital. I don't care if it's a good or bad choice that he did it, like I don't think he owes shit to anyone. But it's an undeniably SMART move, so people can at least keep their attention on it. I guess overall though, it doesn't really matter, the same amount of people end up playing the new stuff, regardless of if they were hearing actual updates from the Dev or not. So, I'll admit, fair point.

4.60 star(s) 41 Votes