4.60 star(s) 41 Votes

XJ347

Sep 19, 2017
Not really. Why would he care about a bunch of software pirates on F95? All this forum is full with, is people whining about updates, NTR and assumed milking of patreon's, all the while, the vast majority aren't contributing a dime in actual monetary support.
If I was him/her I would keep my mouth shut too since opening it would just give those people reasons to complain at you while trying to get work done on your project's update.
Personally, I rather get a sudden update every X months or so, then months of 'it's coming', or 'something happened' or just plain missed deadlines. It is all drama I can do without.
I see F95 as free advertising. I am currently down to 2 patreon games I support, but I played them all here first. I liked the games so now I am continusly donating money as a thank you.

This author makes quality but the problem is that takes time. Now how are the donors or potential donors to know between the months that the project is still alive if there is no communication? I don't mind that slow pace if we get quality, but we need to be kept in the loop. The lack of communication is a warning sign. How hard is it to make a calendar alert to give people a status update? The fact that there isn't one says a lot.

I fundamentally disagree about your opinion on communication creates drama. The lack of honest communication is what is creating drama. Do you mean that no matter what you say people will complain? Guess what, they will complain even if you don't communicate. This thread shows that people like the game but the creator is flaky. You were never going to get the negative nancies to donate anyways, but other people might donate if they trust the developer. Know how to create trust with people... communication!

I LOVE this game, and I don't mind that he updates slow, but the lack of communication creates "drama" and makes him look untrustworthy.

Last edited:

Azraelith

May 1, 2019
I fundamentally disagree about your opinion on communication creates drama. The lack of honest communication is what is creating drama here. Do you mean that no matter what you say people will complain? Guess what, they will complain even if you don't communicate. This thread shows that people like the game but the creator is flaky. You were never going to get the negative nancies to donate anyways, but other people might donate if they trust the developer. Know how to create trust with people... communication!
Underlined an bolded the particular point. I agree whole-heartedly. Just look at Braindrop and his game WVM; Not only does he have a presence here on the forums, but he actively encouraged and checks the 'leaked' versions of his game to make sure they run properly and offer assistance to people having issues with them. I'm using him as an example because of how much content he adds per update (and there's only 3 days so far), and his willingness to COMMUNICATE with us mere mortal plebs.

Reactions: Freezer14

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
I keep getting drawn to this because of the visuals, and I've shared it around a bit entirely based on those visuals too, but I've yet to actually play it. I guess I need to get my ass in gear and actually play the LiS games that I've owned since release.

molerat21

Jun 12, 2017
I keep getting drawn to this because of the visuals, and I've shared it around a bit entirely based on those visuals too, but I've yet to actually play it. I guess I need to get my ass in gear and actually play the LiS games that I've owned since release.
IMO the character models in Strange Nights look better than the originals character models.

SiuKim

Jul 27, 2018
Not really. Why would he care about a bunch of software pirates on F95? All this forum is full with, is people whining about updates, NTR and assumed milking of patreon's, all the while, the vast majority aren't contributing a dime in actual monetary support.
If I was him/her I would keep my mouth shut too since opening it would just give those people reasons to complain at you while trying to get work done on your project's update.
Personally, I rather get a sudden update every X months or so, then months of 'it's coming', or 'something happened' or just plain missed deadlines. It is all drama I can do without.
I agree, which is why I recently stopped being a patron since I was receiving the same amount of communication as a pirate forum. I still think this game has potential, but I've been burned twice and I think there's a saying that suggests I shouldn't have tried the second time. Until I see consistency I'll be a lurker and not say anything :)

• Thinking Face

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
I guess the dev forgot he was making a game instead of a non-interactive sequence of pictures? If next year's update is like that too, this will be needing the kinetic novel tag.

TobiMAH

Dec 19, 2017
So you are saying character models ripped from the game look better than characters from the game?
As someone who played both this and the original game i could say that it really differs from one to another, the models in this game are obv ripped off from the og but it's all about different tastes and preferences and he has a different taste and likes the ripped off models more than the ogs, imo your question doesn't have a right answer dude cuz at the end of the day it's all about differences in people.

sloppy gonzo

Jan 4, 2018
As someone who played both this and the original game i could say that it really differs from one to another, the models in this game are obv ripped off from the og but it's all about different tastes and preferences and he has a different taste and likes the ripped off models more than the ogs, imo your question doesn't have a right answer dude cuz at the end of the day it's all about differences in people.
He has to be careful tho. It takes just a few complaints from Patreon and if Squenix gets wind of it, he could be forced to dissolve the game immediately.

sloppy gonzo

Jan 4, 2018
sloppy gonzo It's okay to be tricked by the site errors sometimes, it happened to me a lot so i understand the pain of the double post, i'm sorry you had to go through it. View attachment 448941
These new servers will pop a blood vessel in me with how unreliable they are.

I think it's possible the title of this game will change in the near future, be forewarned.

Freezer14

Dec 10, 2017
So you are saying character models ripped from the game look better than characters from the game?
In a way I can sort of understand what he's saying, because even I find the models a bit more appealing to look at here as opposed to the OG game. Maybe it's the lighting, or the composition of the renders and how everything is posed, but I have found myself, on more than a few occasions, more --for lack of a better word-- attracted to the models in Strange Nights, as opposed to most of LiS. Of course, that may just be my perverted brain subconsciously knowing the depraved things that are likely to be happening in this one.
your question doesn't have a right answer dude
Psst... just for future reference, she's not a dude.

4.60 star(s) 41 Votes