4.60 star(s) 41 Votes

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019

Here's the public release, v0.7.1
Fixes v0.7.1:
Fixed Lenny's store board, a conversation loop and an EP/DP switch up, and a metric shitton of spelling mistakes / bad grammar.
I'm not a native English speaker, so this was a huge help!
Thank you Ab, Sam, Moneybags, John Foster and especially zakku91 (Thanks for the pdf!) for bringing things to my attention.
I also switched the links for the current version on the About page.
Thank you for your support!
STRANGE NIGHTS v0.7.1 Public release PC: [DOWNLOAD]
STRANGE NIGHTS v0.7.1 Public release MAC: [DOWNLOAD]
Thank you

molerat21

Jun 12, 2017
I found an issue with the game, but I'm not a patron so I can't comment on his/her patreon. At the end of the Kate scene, when you tell her to show you, she shows her tongue covered in jizz, then the immediate next shot is her tongue completely clean. But if you rewatch the scene via the red binder, you can see a screen cap between those two shots. Kate with her mouth closed smiling, I assume swallowing down her handywork. If anyone who is subscribed to LocJaw wants to pass that on, you can. As for me, I've done my due diligence.

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
I found an issue with the game, but I'm not a patron so I can't comment on his/her patreon. At the end of the Kate scene, when you tell her to show you, she shows her tongue covered in jizz, then the immediate next shot is her tongue completely clean. But if you rewatch the scene via the red binder, you can see a screen cap between those two shots. Kate with her mouth closed smiling, I assume swallowing down her handywork. If anyone who is subscribed to LocJaw wants to pass that on, you can. As for me, I've done my due diligence.
I'll look into just writing a patch myself. I'm not even sure if Locjaw logs into his Patreon any more than to just upload a new update.
Right now I'm just finishing up a gallery mod I've been working on, but this'll come right after that.

Reactions: Mormont

molerat21

Jun 12, 2017
I'll look into just writing a patch myself. I'm not even sure if Locjaw logs into his Patreon any more than to just upload a new update.
Right now I'm just finishing up a gallery mod I've been working on, but this'll come right after that.
Thanks, you're awesome. As for LocJaw responding, judging by previous responses he's made, he seems to respond to comments for about a week after he posts something. It's not an exact science, but it is an observation for future attempts to get a hold of him/her.

One more thing; anyone here know LocJaw's gender? I prefer to be politically correct when referring to someone.

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
The game is working as "intended." It pauses for a second before showing the swallow image. If you continue after "Now swallow it" and don't touch anything, that image won't be skipped. I'll admit, this confused me at first as well until I realized that touching nothing is the only way to get the image to show.

Nevertheless, here is a modified script that removes that pause because I'm with you guys that it's confusing and stupid.

You may or may not need the rpyc file. If you experience crashes with just the rpy file, then add the rpyc.

molerat21

Jun 12, 2017
The game is working as "intended." It pauses for a second before showing the swallow image. If you continue after "Now swallow it" and don't touch anything, that image won't be skipped. I'll admit, this confused me at first as well until I realized that touching nothing is the only way to get the image to show.

Nevertheless, here is a modified script that removes that pause because I'm with you guys that it's confusing and stupid.

You may or may not need the rpyc file. If you experience crashes with just the rpy file, then add the rpyc.
So where exactly do I put the rpy/rpyc file?

molerat21

Jun 12, 2017

Put both files in the game/ folder.
I put both files in the "game" folder, it didn't do anything. I also tried the "don't touch anything" method, that also didn't work. I even tried hitting "auto" at the bottom right side of the game to see if it needed to go through the story automatically instead of manually for it to show that screen capture, and it skips over it as if I was playing the game normally.

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
I put both files in the "game" folder, it didn't do anything. I also tried the "don't touch anything" method, that also didn't work. I even tried hitting "auto" at the bottom right side of the game to see if it needed to go through the story automatically instead of manually for it to show that screen capture, and it skips over it as if I was playing the game normally.
Oh, make sure the files are renamed to script.rpy and script.rpyc. Remove the "886066_" part of the filename.

laliandra

May 2, 2019
considering locjaw has 87 patrons for a max of $5 while other developers have almost 10k patrons and with tiers that go up to ridiculous ammounts of $100 per month and still take 6 months for updates, and taking into account locjaw releases the game for free unlike the rest... i'm willing to give him a pass. his animations are better imo, and while his story is shorter and we're always fearing it will be abandoned his writing is among the best this site has to offer.

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
considering locjaw has 87 patrons for a max of $5 while other developers have almost 10k patrons and with tiers that go up to ridiculous ammounts of $100 per month and still take 6 months for updates, and taking into account locjaw releases the game for free unlike the rest... i'm willing to give him a pass. his animations are better imo, and while his story is shorter and we're always fearing it will be abandoned his writing is among the best this site has to offer.
Locjaw has some incredible skill but it's quite clear to me that he's also a busy, or maybe unmotivated man. Either way, this is clearly a passion project that is only worked on in his free time.

I also chuckle a little bit whenever this game gets the Abandoned tag added since that's basically a timer for ~3/4 of the way to the next update.

Reactions: User1230 and Rixen
Apr 19, 2020
I'd help if I could. I write stories myself, and I'd be so happy to write dialogue etc for free, if it could help the development. I hope this gets finished because when it's longer it'll probably be the best game on this site tbh. In terms of animations, music, visual quality

Reactions: laliandra
4.60 star(s) 41 Votes