4.60 star(s) 41 Votes

Mistrophera

Apr 26, 2020
Well done !! this is one of the best parody games that I've ever played, it stays faithful to the original source and pretty much all aspects are top notch, the graphic really makes you feel like you play LiS but just in VN style. That said, does anyone know when the next update would come out ? or the general waiting time between update ?

SpecLurker

Jun 13, 2017
That said, does anyone know when the next update would come out ?
Obviously not lol we wouldnt continuing complain about locjaw release schedule otherwise

or the general waiting time between update ?
Between update 0.04 and 0.05 it was 5 months. Between 0.05 and 0.06 it was 2 months. Between 0.06 and 0.07 it was 7 months. There was a month inbetween the release of 0.01 and 0.02, 3 months between 0.02 and 0.03. Finally there was an 9 month difference between updates 0.03 and 0.04.

Locjaw's too inconsistent to figure out a release date if any. However since update 0.071 basically been 5 months.

Mistrophera

Apr 26, 2020
Obviously not lol we wouldnt continuing complain about locjaw release schedule otherwise

Between update 0.04 and 0.05 it was 5 months. Between 0.05 and 0.06 it was 2 months. Between 0.06 and 0.07 it was 7 months. There was a month inbetween the release of 0.01 and 0.02, 3 months between 0.02 and 0.03. Finally there was an 9 month difference between updates 0.03 and 0.04.

Locjaw's too inconsistent to figure out a release date if any. However since update 0.071 basically been 5 months.
Sure mate, Thank you !! I guess, we can only hope that it will get released sooner rather than later and that it won't be abandonned like so many games in this site.

Apr 19, 2020
Sure mate, Thank you !! I guess, we can only hope that it will get released sooner rather than later and that it won't be abandonned like so many games in this site.
Yeah, I'm hoping for the same. I think the animations on this game are second to none so I hope it gets finished. But the last update was months ago so hopefully a new release isn't too far away

Mistrophera

Apr 26, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

hopefully this teach is better.
Well, he is the MC this time around. For starters, I'm pretty sure he is going to be much more fleshed out compared to the one that we see in LiS; And secondly, we can already influence him to pick the best choice morally. In the end, depending on your choices, we might see him in a different light and I think we can have a positive ending with him.

Reactions: User1230

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
He didn't kill Rachel.. She was killed by fucking rich kid that you all know who overdosed drugs given to her. :)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The prologue has already retconned that.
As far as their current interactions go, the relationship seems to be in a better place right now. Still forbidden as fuck, but less likely to result in one killing the other.

Reactions: Rixen

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Well, methinks this is abandoned. Last post on patreon was for this release. On the 3rd September 2020, it has been 5 months with no update of any kind.
It's just something you get used to you think it has been abandoned after a certain amount of times but as anyone else will say updates just appear at random so don't give up hope just yet.

Morah SDG

Development Consultant & Revision's Supervisor
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
It's just something you get used to you think it has been abandoned after a certain amount of times but as anyone else will say updates just appear at random so don't give up hope just yet.
Locjaw's done this ghosting act a number of times, but I don't think a dev who disappears and reappears at random deserves special circumstances. The game has definitely, once again, fallen under the exact criteria needed to be at least listed as abandoned once more.

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
That's literally 90% of devs who mainly use patreon for funding their "project." See ICSTOR for example guy hasnt updated his game since 2019 and still has 7k patreons. I am just surprised Locjaw is disappearing with a minimal amount of supporters on his patreon (might wanna build up patreon supporters before disappearing which makes sense in building stream of $ for a bit).
I'm only bringing up the case for the rules F95 has in place for its forums. Not whether or not he or other devs should have people funding his Patreon or not. Only that, because he hasn't provided *any* word on his Patreon since the beginning of September, that his game should qualify to at least *temporarily* be marked as abandoned. I doubt it costs the f95 mods or his Patreons anything to have it marked that way on a pirate forum.

Reactions: EdibleCookie

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
I love lialialia202020 passively dissenting critiques of this developer with their emojis. It still doesn't change the fact that this dude hasn't uttered a peep in over 5 months. I'm not talking a game update. I'm not talking a preview. I'm literally talking a word. A signal of life. And yet, nothing.

I've always said this game was good, and that LJ was a talented dev. But either due to circumstances outside of his control, or because of his own inabilities to reach out and talk to the people funding a game we're not learning any more about, Locjaw doesn't have the reputation he *should* have. I should be looking up to him as a developer with a bright future in this business, not arguing with fanboys on whether or not his repeat behavior will warrant *another* abandoned tag. :FacePalm:

Reactions: EdibleCookie

laliandra

May 2, 2019
marking it as abandoned is pointless. if a dev puts a deadline and fails to deliver then he deserves the backlash but in circumstances like these where the dev is known for not communicating, then marking it as abandoned because he didn't do what he never does and never promised to do is moronic at best, but given the constant posts i actually think some people have something personal against locjaw judging by their regular posts here asking for the abandoned tag.

of course the tag would hurt any developer, most of the devs get the promotion from sites like these, otherwise no one would know of the existence of their games. in the case of this game is free for everyone but in most cases allowing people to play the game is what encourages some to support them later. (imagine trying to explain this to another "game developer" lol nice try dude)

the abandoned tag is pointless, a dev could milk their patrons for 10 years avoiding the tag by simply posting regular bullshit and excuses every 4 months or whatever arbitrary time some mod decided, without actually updating the game (i can think of quite a lot of them, can you?). why locjaw or any dev should obey this arbitrary rule, if they don't like to communicate with their patreons they are in their right as it's the right of their patreons to stop supporting them.

i'm sorry the facepalms hurt your feelings "game developer" dude

4.60 star(s) 41 Votes