JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Hi, guys. Hope you're doing well.
As usual, here's the weekly update.
So... the writing percentage is at 26% even though I said that half the chapter is vaguely written down already, right? That's because it's mostly not yet written down as dialogue, but more of a scenario of what's going to happen.
I usually give such sections a 5% completion percentage. So this is what you're seeing here.
The rendering percentage also assumes that the chapter will be finished with 1000 renders and 25 animations, which seems to be the average number for my updates from chapter two and on... But is also not really accurate...
For coding, there's quite a bit of work to do, if things go according to plan. I'd like to make a lore screen for the races, ninja ranking and mission system, and whatnot. Let's see if I can make it happen.
As for the title, I'm thinking "Mirror" will be the title of chapter 7, not 6. Maybe this one will simply be "The Butcher of Esyl 2"? Not sure.
I think I'm going to settle for the conclusion of the butcher story for this update... Honestly, I'm still unsure...
View attachment 2217558
Here are some (mostly spoiler-free) peeks:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
'Intense' (ninja mission pre-work) planning of the security details for the party at Schwartz mansion(y).

Reactions: Flynn974

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
the cultural themes in this game are all over the place, but not necessarily in a bad way. it's pretty interesting having greek gods, japanese ninjas, and nordic jarls all in the same setting.
Yeah, unfortunately (or fortunately) this game cannot include Elden Ring lore into the mix because of Elden Ring maidenless theme while this game is harem of maidens. Nevertheless, the game has Misty, the spider girl who kinda partially resembles Ranni.

Last edited:

Flynn974

Developer of Stray Incubus
Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
Yeah, unfortunately (or fortunately) this game cannot include Elden Rings lore into the mix because of Elden Rings maidenless theme while this game is harem of maidens. Nevertheless, the game has Misty, the spider girl who kinda partially resembles Ranni.
I haven't actually player Elden Ring. But now that I google this Ranni, you're right lol.

• Haha
Reactions: JohnF95zone

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
I haven't actually player Elden Ring. But now that I google this Ranni, you're right lol.
Imagine for a moment that you no longer wish to continue developing this game, then I have a screeching halt for it:HideThePain:.

Luckily, we are nowhere near April so it is safe to say that this will not happen:ROFLMAO:. Cheers.

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Was checking the messages on this thread from before I found this game and...

Awww... Poor girl is likely going to get demoted for being too polite, quiet and for making MC lose 1 Winning Point if you challenge her.

No worries, Centoria has quite the plot armor, she may not have has much contents and interactions with MC yet, but she is the Eastern Elf which the opposite of Torr, Western Elf (probably not the right terms there or accidentally swap their races, but you get the point).

While adding more to the harem will be difficult task, removing existing ones are not to be done lightly.

Flynn974

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
Was checking the messages on this thread from before I found this game and...

Awww... Poor girl is likely going to get demoted for being too polite, quiet and for making MC lose 1 Winning Point if you challenge her.

Don't worry. I'm not planning on killing any of the LI's. She's probably not going to be demoted of being an LI either.
I've played one or two games around here where LI's actually die. They had good stories too, but they made me sad. So I'm not going to do it in my game...

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Don't worry. I'm not planning on killing any of the LI's. She's probably not going to be demoted of being an LI either.
I've played one or two games around here where LI's actually die. They had good stories too, but they made me sad. So I'm not going to do it in my game...
Yeah, if anyone wants proof of that, just check back the earlier scene where MC was sparring with Torr. The MC said, "Excuse me! Did I just commit murder?" :ROFLMAO: while there were pool of bloods on the rooftop and the floor, while everyone casually act like nothing happened, Venus also casually walked into the scene. That scene makes me laugh hard:ROFLMAO: but also cemented the idea that this is going to be a lighthearted VN game.

wiseold6996

Sep 22, 2020
Yeah, if anyone wants proof of that, just check back the earlier scene where MC was sparring with Torr. The MC said, "Excuse me! Did I just commit murder?" :ROFLMAO: while there were pool of bloods on the rooftop and the floor, while everyone casually act like nothing happened, Venus also casually walked into the scene. That scene makes me laugh hard:ROFLMAO: but also cemented the idea that this is going to be a lighthearted VN game.
I see you did not play the town arc

wiseold6996

Sep 22, 2020
One woman that can be removed easily is the mother of gabbie and jenny. She feels like serena good enough for a few sex scenes but not an LI

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
I see you did not play the town arc
I played up until the latest contents and I am aware about the horror, death and graphic violence in the game. Heck the game starts off with war and genocide.

I used the term lighthearted* loosely to refer to the promise that the MC and LIs will not be dead or be killed off in game. That is the reason why I choose to Fight Athena even if the odds are against the MC, and unfortunately Fury had to die there..

*Probably not the best choice of word there but it was the best I can think of at that time:D.

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Due to recent unpopular demands, it looks like Tamara will be sent off to time-consuming ninja mission in a faraway land:unsure::ROFLMAO::p

• Wow

Flynn974

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
Hi, guys. Hope you're doing well. So... Weekly update: Firstly, I'm settling on the conclusion of the 'Esyl' plot for this chapter. So, 'Mirror' is gonna be chapter 7. I didn't do as much work as I hoped for, to tell you the truth... I was sick last week. And this week, A sudden development came up with my thesis, the department drastically pushed up an important deadline, and I had to do a lot of work on it in a very short period of time (Thanks, department...). Hopefully, this won't happen again this semester... I was hoping to have released by Christmas, as it was supposed to be a somewhat short update. I don't think I'll make it, though... Sorry... Maybe new year's eve? I'll try my best. Even though the rendering percentage is at a reasonably good value, there's a render-intensive event still ahead which will require a lot more work per render. The percentage doesn't take the difficulty of each render into account, it just considers the total number of done renders. So, It's not really accurate. Also, not a single animation is done yet. And they'll probably take lots of time to make, since the ones in this update are likely to be custom-made (at least some of them). Seems this chapter is going to have the biggest 'renders per in-game day' values, as well. First day is already looking like 550-ish renders...
ch6 progress 1.png

Here are some (not very spoiler-free) peeks: (Don't open them if you don't want to be spoiled...)

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, to resonate what others would like to say, take your time with everything and work/develop/do at the most comfortable healthy pace. One of the worst thing that could happen is when you feel pressured to delivered (thesis, work, this game or other) and it no longer becomes enjoyable, that produces mediocre result. Good things take time to materialize, great things take longer.

Just remember that you owe the players nothing, but the players owe you everything for making and sharing this game.

We hope that you are feeling and getting better. Take care especially during this chilling time if you are on the nothern hemisphere or probably uncomfortable heat wave if you are on the southern hemisphere. Cheers.

• Red Heart

VaerShyr

Sep 16, 2022
Ah yes, the politics that is getting your thesis done. People who hold your success in the palms of their hands NEVER dick you around. My condolences on having to deal with that.

As stated above, take your time. The game was fun, I laughed at the jokes, and didn't cringe myself into oblivion, so you're already well ahead of many who charge for their games. Get some rest and take care of yourself. Better to take some time off to get healthy, than work too soon and get sick again.

ilozq

Jul 26, 2017
i loved the game but a fantasy game like this is not complete without monster girls. i would like to suggest addition of a character please and thank you :BootyTime:

4.70 star(s) 133 Votes