Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Ba-dum tssst! UPDATE is here. A bit earlier, but since a lot of you is impatient I thought to hit up Chapter I a bit earlier for you. Enjoy the story I hope. A lot of stuff in this one, dealing with traitor, a lot of background revealed, two chars introduced. And quite a deep and meaningful scene...

As always, hit me up when you get through it!

Amnezziia

Feb 27, 2023
Ba-dum tssst! UPDATE is here. A bit earlier, but since a lot of you is impatient I thought to hit up Chapter I a bit earlier for you. Enjoy the story I hope. A lot of stuff in this one, dealing with traitor, a lot of background revealed, two chars introduced. And quite a deep and meaningful scene...

As always, hit me up when you get through it!
Irina's hatred and torture towards her sister which is BRUTAL, Voldar absolutely heartless with Valindra between forcing her to watch her daughter get tortured and fucking her other daughter, yeah, he is definitely not a hero! But it was a great scene!

I laughed at the slightly stupid “I burn down an entire camp after a little incident in the bath” thing. It also shows that Faye is powerful.

I didn't expect Alvina to be so important, even if you said so! She and Voldar have quite a history together and she seems like a really interesting character because of her knowledge of the world and her immortality, literally. From what we see, she may be Voldar's greatest ally.
I loved their discussion where we learn a little more about Voldar's past (where we see that he had to make terrible choices for her, to the point that she still hated him until today) and its current objectives. Discovering that he is capable of love is ultimately quite reassuring. I can't wait to find out what this promise and vow will entail in future updates.

This is one of my favorite conversations, favorite scenes, without a doubt, and just for that, this game is worth seeing and discovering.

This perfectly ends the update which was very good once again, I leave the game with a smile on my face, well done, you've surpassed yourself!

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Irina's hatred and torture towards her sister which is BRUTAL, Voldar absolutely heartless with Valindra between forcing her to watch her daughter get tortured and fucking her other daughter, yeah, he is definitely not a hero! But it was a great scene!

I laughed at the slightly stupid “I burn down an entire camp after a little incident in the bath” thing. It also shows that Faye is powerful.

I didn't expect Alvina to be so important, even if you said so! She and Voldar have quite a history together and she seems like a really interesting character because of her knowledge of the world and her immortality, literally. From what we see, she may be Voldar's greatest ally.
I loved their discussion where we learn a little more about Voldar's past (where we see that he had to make terrible choices for her, to the point that she still hated him until today) and its current objectives. Discovering that he is capable of love is ultimately quite reassuring. I can't wait to find out what this promise and vow will entail in future updates.

This is one of my favorite conversations, favorite scenes, without a doubt, and just for that, this game is worth seeing and discovering.

This perfectly ends the update which was very good once again, I leave the game with a smile on my face, well done, you've surpassed yourself!

Oh yeah, it was brutal alright. I was like "damn, chill brah!" to myself even as I worked on it. Initially... it was even worse than that, but I've actually cut some content from it because I deemed it madness. So I was like yeah, okay, that' shit gives even me the creeps. CUT!

But I've still left a sizeable and gory chunk I'd say. And yeah, it certainly showed that he is not an angel alright with all that happened in that scene.

And yes... Alvina is absolutely important. As much as he is. I'd say it is one of the most powerful scene so far, cause you'd never see so much background on him, or him speaking full truth. Or someone that actually is on equal footing to him to such an vast extent. It is also fucking depressing, the music hits me for some reason while reading it.

And yes, that is the biggest plot-twist in this chapter. I don't think a lot of people if any expected him to be capable of it. Cause he didn't show that really so far, but this was quite a scene. And quite an important one.

As for the vow... it has a huge impact on the story because... it is unbreakable. If either of them breaks it... they'll die. And death to them means ceasing to exist without a trace left. It is not a simple word or a promise.

Amnezziia

Feb 27, 2023
Oh yeah, it was brutal alright. I was like "damn, chill brah!" to myself even as I worked on it. Initially... it was even worse than that, but I've actually cut some content from it because I deemed it madness. So I was like yeah, okay, that' shit gives even me the creeps. CUT!

But I've still left a sizeable and gory chunk I'd say. And yeah, it certainly showed that he is not an angel alright with all that happened in that scene.

And yes... Alvina is absolutely important. As much as he is. I'd say it is one of the most powerful scene so far, cause you'd never see so much background on him, or him speaking full truth. Or someone that actually is on equal footing to him to such an vast extent. It is also fucking depressing, the music hits me for some reason while reading it.

And yes, that is the biggest plot-twist in this chapter. I don't think a lot of people if any expected him to be capable of it. Cause he didn't show that really so far, but this was quite a scene. And quite an important one.

As for the vow... it has a huge impact on the story because... it is unbreakable. If either of them breaks it... they'll die. And death to them means ceasing to exist without a trace left. It is not a simple word or a promise.
This scene was moving yes, you managed to convey emotions through their words, and that's what I prefer in these kinds of moments.

We saw that their relationship was deep, and the fact that they agreed to make this vow demonstrates it well. I agree with you about the biggest plot twist, that he is capable of love but also of giving his life to Alvina. We saw a glimpse of a good guy.

We also saw that there was another woman for whom he felt love, or at least something resembling it. Will he bring it up again in a future discussion about his past? Because Alvina was there when things went wrong between Voldar and this woman, whatever the reason.

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
This scene was moving yes, you managed to convey emotions through their words, and that's what I prefer in these kinds of moments.

We saw that their relationship was deep, and the fact that they agreed to make this vow demonstrates it well. I agree with you about the biggest plot twist, that he is capable of love but also of giving his life to Alvina. We saw a glimpse of a good guy.

We also saw that there was another woman for whom he felt love, or at least something resembling it. Will he bring it up again in a future discussion about his past? Because Alvina was there when things went wrong between Voldar and this woman, whatever the reason.
Thanks, that was my intent and what I was trying to do. Convey emotion through it that is.

And yeah, it was and it -IS- still deep rel. And well... truthfully he was never evil to begin with. That's simply not what he is. He has his purpose, and it is not decided by him. He is extension of will of one that created them all. So he acts as he is meant to and supposed to....

But this is more complex in nature, and not something I'd be willing to spoil at any given time. But I'll certainly confirm he is not evil. He is in a way punishment that was sent...

As for the other woman... it was already revealed and hinted, and even further in this chapter. But I'll give you some lore on it. She was killed by his previous master, a punishment for his lack of commitment and focus. Because he was doubting , it wasn't going to be what was promised to any of them. He saw this... he also shielded Alvina from his master, and that's what got her killed in process.

But... Alvina kinda pulled him out of this mess... though since his master was on his ass again, he had to make some difficult choices in which resulted into what you saw in this chapter. But hardly done out of malice or evil.

And you can see he doesn't find it fitting to speak about himself, so it is very hard for me to say will he mention such matters. The only reason you see him speaking so much of himself this time... is cause of what Alvina can do and what she did to compell him. An universal law sort of to speak, he can't fight this.

In Alvina's presence everyone and anything must speak truth at all given time.

Amnezziia

Feb 27, 2023
Thanks, that was my intent and what I was trying to do. Convey emotion through it that is.

And yeah, it was and it -IS- still deep rel. And well... truthfully he was never evil to begin with. That's simply not what he is. He has his purpose, and it is not decided by him. He is extension of will of one that created them all. So he acts as he is meant to and supposed to....

But this is more complex in nature, and not something I'd be willing to spoil at any given time. But I'll certainly confirm he is not evil. He is in a way punishment that was sent...

As for the other woman... it was already revealed and hinted, and even further in this chapter. But I'll give you some lore on it. She was killed by his previous master, a punishment for his lack of commitment and focus. Because he was doubting , it wasn't going to be what was promised to any of them. He saw this... he also shielded Alvina from his master, and that's what got her killed in process.

But... Alvina kinda pulled him out of this mess... though since his master was on his ass again, he had to make some difficult choices in which resulted into what you saw in this chapter. But hardly done out of malice or evil.

And you can see he doesn't find it fitting to speak about himself, so it is very hard for me to say will he mention such matters. The only reason you see him speaking so much of himself this time... is cause of what Alvina can do and what she did to compell him. An universal law sort of to speak, he can't fight this.

In Alvina's presence everyone and anything must speak truth at all given time.
Yeah, he repeats that he does what is expected of him, while trying to protect Alvina in the past, therefore capable of good deeds. In the meantime, she is literally a cheat code but against him on this update!

Thank you for the information and your opinion on all this as always!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Mystic

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Yeah, he repeats that he does what is expected of him, while trying to protect Alvina in the past, therefore capable of good deeds. In the meantime, she is literally a cheat code but against him on this update!

Yes and no! Just cause he is in weakened state... but if he wasn't, in case you missed it.. he said ''It would be pointless and meaningless. She can not be killed, she can only be unmade by the one who made her."

So it is not a matter of strength or power, it is a matter of state and facts. Killing someone like her is waste of time, she'd just come back.

Reactions: Amnezziia

kibaris

Mar 17, 2019

you said it all, I don't remember enjoying an update of any game this much.

also, it's really nice to find out more about Voldar and what led him to be what he is now.
Because although I really appreciate the Tolkien universe, coupled with the excellent writing, and even if I already enjoyed the game and the story, I was missing that little something to really understand Voldar, which prevented me from being totally won over, which is solved with this update, but this scene and the discussion between Voldar and Alvina, just wow and thank you to the dev for such a great game.

Amnezziia

Feb 27, 2023

also, it's really nice to find out more about Voldar and what led him to be what he is now.
Because although I really appreciate the Tolkien universe, coupled with the excellent writing, and even if I already enjoyed the game and the story, I was missing that little something to really understand Voldar, which prevented me from being totally won over, which is solved with this update, but this scene and the discussion between Voldar and Alvina, just wow and thank you to the dev for such a great game.
You're right, this little piece was missing to complete Voldar's story and it came together perfectly with Alvina!

• Red Heart
Reactions: kibaris and Mystic

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019

Glad to hear that! Really am! Was hoping it would make an impact on players in a positive way!

And nah, thank you for playing and commenting on it all. Worth the work and effort just for that.

• Red Heart
Reactions: kibaris

TONYCHAOS

Dec 16, 2021
i just finshed the update great job best update so far can't wait to see more
there's only one thing i'd like to see . maybe you should add some dialogue during the sex scenes

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
i just finshed the update great job best update so far can't wait to see more
there's only one thing i'd like to see . maybe you should add some dialogue during the sex scenes
Yeah, thing with these is that... well... they can be veeeerrrryyy cringyyy. And when it comes to writing such things... I'd deem my skills insufficient.

Also a part of me struggles with this, because of my own perception on the matter. To be very blunt about it... I sure as hell don't blabber when I have sex. "NNGH YEAH OH YEAHH BABBEEH" like... the fuck. The shit you see in 90 percent games round here.

I won't promise it, but I'll see what I can do with next update. I'll try my best... I think I have an upcoming scene that I can use to test it on, I can do it in some... minimal and subtle way perhaps, something that actual people could say during some more... romantic-like times.

I'll see what I can do buddy.

• Haha
Reactions: TONYCHAOS

TONYCHAOS

Dec 16, 2021
Yeah, thing with these is that... well... they can be veeeerrrryyy cringyyy. And when it comes to writing such things... I'd deem my skills insufficient.

Also a part of me struggles with this, because of my own perception on the matter. To be very blunt about it... I sure as hell don't blabber when I have sex. "NNGH YEAH OH YEAHH BABBEEH" like... the fuck. The shit you see in 90 percent games round here.

I won't promise it, but I'll see what I can do with next update. I'll try my best... I think I have an upcoming scene that I can use to test it on, I can do it in some... minimal and subtle way perhaps, something that actual people could say during some more... romantic-like times.

I'll see what I can do buddy.
i can understand that :KEK:
you don't need to do the "NNGH YEAH OH YEAHH BABBEEH" thing i agree with you it is cringy
maybe you write what Voldar thinks or what his partner thinks about having sex with the dark lord and their feelings towards him:HideThePain:

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
i can understand that :KEK:
you don't need to do the "NNGH YEAH OH YEAHH BABBEEH" thing i agree with you it is cringy
maybe you write what Voldar thinks or what his partner thinks about having sex with the dark lord and their feelings towards him:HideThePain:
Copy that buddy. Noted down. I'll do best I can, and then see what people say to it.

• Red Heart
Reactions: TONYCHAOS

Joint311

Jul 13, 2022

Great update as always, perhaps the best update since up until now... i love what you have done with Alvina.

Can you give any hint on how Voldar will get back to the same level of power he had before he was imprisoned?

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Great update as always, perhaps the best update since up until now... i love what you have done with Alvina.

Can you give any hint on how Voldar will get back to the same level of power he had before he was imprisoned?
Glad you've enjoyed it.

Hm... I suppose I can to an extent, not too much of it tho! Well, as you'd know... given the fact it was mentioned few times... he is a great crafstman, something he said himself, and something that others said mentioning him. He can craft himself replics of power, eg: think Sauron and one ring. Voldar functions about the same principle, just that he doesn't craft only rings and necklaces of some sort. He also crafts weapons, such as swords, spears, objects of power.

He will get to his smithy and his hammer when he returns to his lands. Alvina for example is important figure here, because she powers up that what he crafts, she is like a fuel for his furnace.

That would be part of it... and the other part...

His power depends a lot on magic, weak magic atm present in the world. So his secondary rise to power is in rekindling the magic to what it was... the Arcane Order shat on it, making it weak. So he is going to work on restoring the belief in it, making it go kaboom as it used to be present in past ages.

And the rest... well... power isn't only in weapons or objects, in magic. I'd say he has quite some power already... I think it also depends on your perception and how you view what power is to him? I mean... think about it.

He is expert in corruption, a master in shape-shifting, deceits and lies. As he said when he was corrupting Faye... "There is no greater weapon, but to turn your own enemy's cause against them."

Such as the way he turned her against her own Order. A weapon they've sent to destroy him, he took it and pointed it right back at them. This is power if I would classify it as any...

Also do not forget he has armies that he breeds in his lands to the south that keep growing by day. Now in this CHAPTER as you saw, he had Valindra boost those armies. You'll also see him dealing with quite dark creatures and try to recruit em as well.

And not to even mention the absurd fact of Alvina, who can be used to a terrible effect. So... I'd say he is powerful in his own right as he is atm, but I got what you mean. And I gave you an answer nonetheless.

Axelfire

Aug 6, 2016
ok so a question regarding Alvina, Urden and the dragons we have seen thus far, from what I guess Urden is just a big lizard made by voldars former master, that Alvinia was forced to breed with to create the dragons as we know them.

So does this mean that the dragons are basically corrupt and irredeemable or what?
From the dialogue it seems that tough they might technically have the ability to shape shift in humans as well but don't because they are not thought how to do it?

Also yuo forgot to update the thread so the new update when by unoticed, I for example only found that the game had been updated by mere chance

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
ok so a question regarding Alvina, Urden and the dragons we have seen thus far, from what I guess Urden is just a big lizard made by voldars former master, that Alvinia was forced to breed with to create the dragons as we know them.

So does this mean that the dragons are basically corrupt and irredeemable or what?
From the dialogue it seems that tough they might technically have the ability to shape shift in humans as well but don't because they are not thought how to do it?

Also yuo forgot to update the thread so the new update when by unoticed, I for example only found that the game had been updated by mere chance
Yeah, that' s the problem. But no can do sadly, once per week or two weeks something, something Bullshit. So even if I make an update with godly speeds, I still can't promote the thread. I can update my links and name and stuff... but if the people don't follow this thread... then yeah... I can't do anything about it sadly. Its not like on my discord where I just go and ping a tag and notify people.

As for your question... well yes? I mean... they're kinda not... dragons and they are... its... yesnt! Alvina is hundred percent one, though she is pure magical being.

Urden is a.... well an imitation of that, a failed imitation. Voldar refers to him as a ''great dragon'' because of his size and shape, and it is easier for him to just deem him such rather than explain what he is. He was made in lilkeness of one, looks like one, and that's why he refers to him as one.

In the end, he is just a failed experiment. Albeit a very dangerous and powerful one... because there are some creatures underground that are way worse than him. That'll be tackled as well soon enough, as he goes about to try and recruit them.

But yeah they'd be corrupt creatures. Of course it is easy to explain Alvina's sorrow for their deaths because... even if they are what they are, she is still a mother. So can't kill that factor.

And yes, a lot of them, a huge majority is not taught. But not all of them have the capacity for it, they are just mindless beasts of war. Usually dwarves go about kicking their ass. And speaking of those... there will be soon more on dwarves. I just need my lord to get his ass to their cave kingdoms.

4.50 star(s) 18 Votes