3.60 star(s) 20 Votes

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
TotalFluke I don't even bother with counselors anymore, because they never vote for the text they said they would.

In the early game, it's not an issue, but when the important laws about new services and capacity arrive, I can never make things to move on, I once managed to get all the counselors to vote the same text, and yet no text was voted because they all voted for something else with not enough votes.

Right now, trying to influence politics is just a waste of time IMO.
There's a lot of subtlety there so without more specifics I'm not sure what to say. For instance if they say "they will vote for the law" they should almost always vote for it. But if they say they are "likely to vote for it" or "leaning towards voting for it" it's not a sure thing. It really depends on the wording.

That is an interesting idea I gotta admit I didn't even consider.

My satisfaction went down massively, so that probably would be the reason, though I wouldn't know why. I have three fully stacked bars with two bartenders each and none of them is long-term absent (only "stairfall" I have right now is one of the managers).

Visits collapsed in the basically same way.

Gotta check the other clubs' pricing. However, they did not get any noticeable increase in their visits/earnings.
I've tried to make it more so that there aren't big drops (which leads to other issues like $90 drinks not making the demand go to 0). So I'm not sure what could have triggered it. There are some events that drop satisfaction quite a bit, but not to that degree (or at least no that I have seen). It's likely it's some combination of things and if your prices were high enough that maybe were near some inflection point that a tiny nudge pushed them over the edge.

On a different note I considered asking the mods for an update on the tags of the game because I feel some are missing:

Anal Sex - obviously
Incest - can be activated
Rape - can be activated
Interracial - if you so choose
Gay - if you so choose
Female Protagonist - if you so choose
Text Based - since "Excel based" isn't a tag yet ;)
Netorare - this may be bad advertising but girls can cheat on you, at least if rumors are to be believed

I would argue that the "male domination/female domination" isn't really fleshed out enough though stats for it are in the game. However, the very fact that girls can ram a dildo up male MCs will be seen by some as femdom, but I would argue against it.

Any others I am missing? And you think I got wrong?
I see many games in here list a ton of tags just to cover everything so I'm not sure how much value is there to spending a lot of time on it. And a case can be made for about anything. The rape/incest are not enabled in the game and requires people to figure out how to enable it so I would not be listing those tags. Anyway, I appreciate the suggestions but it's not something I'm spending a lot of time thinking about.

not entirely either. I did that and she didn't show up to vote at all. not just 1, but all of them, and there were a lot of them. only a note that she was absent. And it didn't help me that I filled the place with my slave. Fortunately, the other three loved me so much that they voted as I wanted, only this one
To clarify, they abstain, which is different from being absent. They will never be absent. And abstain means that they don't really want to vote for any of the available laws. Those that abstain are the main ones you need to find a way to get rid off.

Interesting. Curious at what point they decide to leave it be.

If the bouncers were 20 and 20, I wonder if they'd still wanna rumble.

Am on a new slow-burn playthrough and have an entrance in the works, so will soon be able to start carrying out some testing myself.
They do some math to determine their chances of winning. If they are low they may just decide to leave..

Seems that a cover charge will only apply if you have performers (currently have none).

Pre-expansion build-out:
The game will let me work as a Host and drain energy, however there's no income from it.

Thinking there should be some sort of check or the button should be hidden until charging entry becomes viable.

About to hire a host to see if it makes a difference, but if having a Host on the door still doesn't generate income, then that shouldn't be possible either. In that case, hiring a Host should be locked until a performer is hired.
This is not right. You can charge a cover even if you have no performers. However, you can't work a job that you don't already have an employee doing. So you can't work as a bartender until you hire a bartender. So obviously the bug is that it's letting you work as a host when there's no host employed yet.

Then it seems to be a bug. Would a save file help you to reproduce it?
For the record, I did try this with 2 sponsored commissioners and they both voted my way. I can't find why it wouldn't. However, the code that handles this was changed significantly since the last full update so it is possible that there was a bug there and got fixed by dumb luck. For that reason, the save file won't do much good either.

What you can do, if you do have the console turned on is to check their sponsor status. Find the id of the commissioner and do a dump like this:

1723498493320.png

114 is their id, 3 is yours. I highlighted in yellow the two key values. Make sure they show appear similarly in yours. If the modifier (sponsor) is missing, then they are no longer sponsored. And if the "law_aff_..." flag is not set or is set to a value lower than 100 then it means that you didn't talk them into voting for the law.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I see many games in here list a ton of tags just to cover everything so I'm not sure how much value is there to spending a lot of time on it. And a case can be made for about anything. The rape/incest are not enabled in the game and requires people to figure out how to enable it so I would not be listing those tags. Anyway, I appreciate the suggestions but it's not something I'm spending a lot of time thinking about.
I get what you mean. However, I was suggesting this more as a F95 user than an avid player of the game (despite being one) as a service to other users here, so they know what to expect, what to find (even if only in small doses) for better or worse (meaning they can seek for certain content or they can try to avoid it). "Optional" - even if only with some patch or - here - some fuddling with the variables in the config does count as "content is there".

I get that you don't want to seem to "overadvertise", and indeed some tag lists look kinda ridiculous, however there is a lot of content indeed in this game and the list could probably be quite wrong.

But yeah, it needn't be your worry, but maybe some others would like to chime in.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I've tried to make it more so that there aren't big drops
Which reminds me, I had a semi-decent stripper who "suddenly" (depending on how often you open the screen it can take some time) got a skill of 0 despite stripping and dancing both in their 40s. Coincidentally she also turned 45 recently. Is there some "attraction drop off" at that age?

(Not so much a complaint, despite her not looking her age, as more wondering whether that would be a bug or a feature)

May 23, 2023
There's a lot of subtlety there so without more specifics I'm not sure what to say. For instance if they say "they will vote for the law" they should almost always vote for it. But if they say they are "likely to vote for it" or "leaning towards voting for it" it's not a sure thing. It really depends on the wording.
Not sure what you mean by "almost always" but in my playthroughs it's quite common for commissioners to fail to support a law proposal after saying they "will vote for the law". That's why I only lobby commissioners directly when they've failed to agree on a law for a while (i.e. more than once). You can spend a lot of time getting a clear majority to say they will vote a certain way only to have a couple defect on the day of the vote.

Reactions: lnomsim
May 23, 2023
The 'Main' 'Manage Club' panel has two lines at the bottom comparing 'Current Capacity' and 'Current Demand'. However the categories it displays don't fully match up.

In particular I know my patrons currently want 44 'Shows' and 206 'Strip' but have no way to gauge whether my entertainers are sufficient to meet those demands.

In fact I'm not even sure what constitutes a 'Show' as distinct from a 'Strip'. Does it mean I shouldn't be reassigning all my singers and dancers to stripping when the law allows it?

Aug 9, 2018
This is not right. You can charge a cover even if you have no performers. However, you can't work a job that you don't already have an employee doing. So you can't work as a bartender until you hire a bartender. So obviously the bug is that it's letting you work as a host when there's no host employed yet.
Then you'll also need to look at how this works for other roles because I consistently work as a Cook / Waiter until those are staffed. The kitchen earns money when doing this.

It's how I keep wages low and the club stays afloat without going into debt (well, short of someone leaving a burner on or flooding the shitter).

Aug 9, 2018
Not sure what you mean by "almost always" but in my playthroughs it's quite common for commissioners to fail to support a law proposal after saying they "will vote for the law". That's why I only lobby commissioners directly when they've failed to agree on a law for a while (i.e. more than once). You can spend a lot of time getting a clear majority to say they will vote a certain way only to have a couple defect on the day of the vote.
Just double check you're not taking 'will probably vote for the law' as an absolute yes.

May 23, 2023
Just double check you're not taking 'will probably vote for the law' as an absolute yes.
Check.
I'm familiar with the various responses to "what [do you] think of the law" and what they (supposedly) mean.
I'm also familiar with English punctuation and don't put double quotes around something I'm not quoting (I use single quotes for scare quoting).

Last edited:
May 23, 2023
In one of my earlier posts I said having multiple girlfriends who love threesomes was manageable, but since joining a cult I'm finding it difficult to squeeze all that group sex in between my recruitment work for The Society for Morality and Decency.

BTW, further to another previous post I suspect it's my tendency to use threesomes to maintain opinion levels among employees and commissioners that's turning the female population bisexual. Presumably all those women I've persuaded to love threesomes aren't restricting their newfound enthusiasm to me and it's having a cascade effect.

May 23, 2023
Is 'friend' status supposed to decay?

The reason I ask is because one of my waitresses asks to be my friend every month or so. I always grant her request and she becomes "Friend, Employee" but a month or so later she asks again.

I haven't noticed any of my other friends spontaneously being unfriended.

Edit: Make that two of my waitresses. Another one that was previously my friend just asked to be friends again.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019

The reason I ask is because one of my waitresses asks to be my friend every month or so. I always grant her request and she becomes "Friend, Employee" but a month or so later she asks again.

Edit: Make that two of my waitresses. Another one that was previously my friend just asked to be friends again.
Friend status is not decaying. However, I also occasionally have people who are my friends already ask me to become friends again. Haven't noticed whether or not they tend to be the same people.

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
Which reminds me, I had a semi-decent stripper who "suddenly" (depending on how often you open the screen it can take some time) got a skill of 0 despite stripping and dancing both in their 40s. Coincidentally she also turned 45 recently. Is there some "attraction drop off" at that age?

(Not so much a complaint, despite her not looking her age, as more wondering whether that would be a bug or a feature)
It's a feature. Age is a factor for the stripper skill. If they are over some age (I think 28), they start losing 1.5 or so skill points per year, at 38 or so they it goes to losing around 3 points per year. The early drops is balanced by their experience gained, but as they get older it becomes harder and you will see their skill drop and no way to stop that.

I'm sorry, but I can't reproduce that. If it says they "will vote for the law" that means they have over 30 points of affinity to wanting to vote for the law. It's possible to lose some points, but to lose 30 would be almost impossible (which is why I said almost always). For example, if they change their opinion of liking entertainment work, they will be less likely to vote for the open hours laws, but it would only apply to around 5 points for every level (so going for loves to hate would be a 20 point loss).

This refers to voting for the law, the yes/no vote. If you are referring to the selection of the law to be voted on, then they may pick a different one they prefer.

The 'Main' 'Manage Club' panel has two lines at the bottom comparing 'Current Capacity' and 'Current Demand'. However the categories it displays don't fully match up.

In particular I know my patrons currently want 44 'Shows' and 206 'Strip' but have no way to gauge whether my entertainers are sufficient to meet those demands.

In fact I'm not even sure what constitutes a 'Show' as distinct from a 'Strip'. Does it mean I shouldn't be reassigning all my singers and dancers to stripping when the law allows it?
Shows refer to singer/dancer performances. Strip refers to stripper performances. The numbers refer to how many shows the customers want to see and are willing to tip on. So 44 shows could mean that there are 22 customers that are willing to tip twice or 4 customers that are willing to tip 11 times, etc. It doesn't show up on the capacity line because the capacity for this is pretty much unlimited (technically it's the total capacity of the seating areas times the number of performances you can have in a time period which is like 30. So in general we assume that if you have at least one performer/stripper you can meet that demand. Is displayed mostly to show at what point you can ditch the singer/dancers and concentrate on strippers only.

The presentation of this info leaves a lot to be desired.

Then you'll also need to look at how this works for other roles because I consistently work as a Cook / Waiter until those are staffed. The kitchen earns money when doing this.

It's how I keep wages low and the club stays afloat without going into debt (well, short of someone leaving a burner on or flooding the shitter).
Kitchen is weird because you need both a cook and a bartender or waitress to serve it, so it works with it because the servers have the customer interaction. But yes, it should all be consistent and will be on the next release. The reason for this is that the revenue impact and satisfaction as well as the capacity is pre-calculated using the available employees for performance reasons. When those employees don't exist, that info is not pre-calculated and the code doesn't work properly (i.e. the revenue is not allocated). It's one of those tradeoffs of losing accuracy for the sake of better performance. The easiest solution is not to allow to do those jobs is those jobs don't have an employee.

Is there a storyline involving twins coming down the pipe or is this an accidental usage of the same AI template?

Even their bodies are virtually identical with a slightly different pose.

View attachment 3927694
Holy shit! I never noticed those. And they are like 2 numbers apart. How did I not notice the fact that they are almost identical? That's freaky. Not intentional at all. There's a couple of other pairs that are also quite similar and I spent a bit of time once convinced that it was using the same image for two different girls. But those two are identical.

The friend relationship does not decay. However, you can lose it. You can only have up to 4 types of relations, one in each of 4 buckets (romantic, work, friendship and other). The friendship category includes friends, but also includes ex'es and a few others. So if you break up with a girl, she becomes your ex and that takes precendence over friend. But there's no check when becoming friends so she may try becoming your friend, you can accept, but it never takes hold because the "ex" relationship is there. That's what I'm guessing is happening. It can also happen if she's your in-law, rival or enemy. Anyway, that's my guess as to what's happening.

This is not exactly what you are describing, but it's my best explanation for it. And when it loses the Friend relationship it should replace it with something else. So if it just says "Employee" then I have no clue. I have not seen that at all.

3.60 star(s) 20 Votes