3.60 star(s) 20 Votes
May 23, 2023
Anbody got any idea why this is happening?
Given how many factors feed into transactions it's hard to say from that graph alone, but if you compare it to other graphs like 'visits', 'fame' and 'satisfaction' it should give you some insight as to where the problem is.

I've found price setting has very little impact on transaction numbers until it hits a certain threshold then demand completely collapses as per your graph. But the threshold doesn't seem to be fixed but rather moves about in a fairly narrow band. I once saw something like your graph when I set drink prices to $96, which worked OK for a few months until demand suddenly collapsed for no apparent reason. I immediately dropped the price to $48, which brought demand back up, then inched it back up to $90 and left it there with no further problems.

(BTW, have you got a manager looking after inventory for you? Have you told him/her to only restock with top quality stuff? Could be the average quality of your inventory fell below a critical level.)

Last edited:
Reactions: dot7z and Cartageno
May 23, 2023
There seem to be a few NPCs confused about their sexuality in this play through, such as the gay woman who dislikes homosexual sex and hates eating pussy but loves large penises. In another game I came across a sex worker with several years experience who was a virgin. She must have disappointed some clients.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cartageno

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Given how many factors feed into transactions it's hard to say from that graph alone, but if you compare it to other graphs like 'visits', 'fame' and 'satisfaction' it should give you some insight as to where the problem is.

I've found price setting has very little impact on transaction numbers until it hits a certain threshold then demand completely collapses as per your graph. But the threshold doesn't seem to be fixed but rather moves about in a fairly narrow band. I once saw something like your graph when I set drink prices to $96, which worked OK for a few months until demand suddenly collapsed for no apparent reason. I immediately dropped the price to $48, which brought demand back up, then inched it back up to $90 and left it there with no further problems.

(BTW, have you got a manager looking after inventory for you? Have you told him/her to only restock with top quality stuff? Could be the average quality of your inventory fell below a critical level.)
Thanks for considering.

Visits are more or less parallel to transactions, fame stayed about level/slow rise, satisfaction has indeed gone down massively (74% last month to 50% this month, though only day 3) though I don't understand that either since I have made no changes whatsoever to my lineup except for training them. Prices are well below the range you mention (drinks are at $9.50). Other than you I have noticed an immediate drop when I raised them, see the second slump in my graph above. Even raising the admittance fee from $5 to $6 (which is what all other clubs in my city charge) seems to have upset my clientele.

And yes, I have two managers looking after my inventory but I also occasionally watch it myself (they both have other duties, so every now and then especially alcohol drops low), max quality (looking at my stats, food only has 9.97 on average, I possibly misclicked on one order, but that alone should not kill me, especially how low consumption is when compared to the 10.0 drinks).

But may main befuddlement is not so much "how do I get out of this" since this playthrough has more or less run its way anyway, but "how comes a sudden - not slow but immediate - 85% drop when I have changed nothing in months"

For transparency's sake I should mention however that I did change the room file (any bugs encountered when fiddling with the data are on the fiddler) to include an idea from this thread (have the 1 person rooms filled by 2 each so they don't stay unused. Even though the pool really seems useless), but again, that's been going on for months without change so is unlikely to be the cause.

There seem to be a few NPCs confused about their sexuality in this play through, such as the gay woman who dislikes homosexual sex and hates eating pussy but loves large penises. In another game I came across a sex worker with several years experience who was a virgin. She must have disappointed some clients.
Generally speaking employees with several years of experience seem to be weak though. 16 years as a waitress and a service attribute of -34 seems off to me. Even though I know some real life employees who seem to fit that bill ...

The virginity might be explained by her only offering special services ;) - but yeah, according to fluke they should usually come with the proper attributes.

May 23, 2023
16 years as a waitress and a service attribute of -34 seems off to me.
Of course not all job applicants are entirely truthful about their employment history. Maybe I should be checking their Honor score during the interview.

The virginity might be explained by her only offering special services ;)
Come to think of it I guess web cam performers are sex workers and there's probably a few virgins among them.

BTW, is it something about my playing style or is everyone finding that within 18-24 months of game time half the female NPCs have come out as bi?

Last edited:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
BTW, is it something about my playing style or is everyone finding that within 18-24 months of game time half the female NPCs have come out as bi?
Can't say that is my experience. A couple, yes, most quite early actually, but no real masses.

Good match.
They look like mother and daughter to me.
Indeed they work better than my siblings and or mom/daughter families.

Reactions: duane71

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
Hi,

I have supported 3 girls to make them city commissioner in exchange for their votes.

I asked them to vote for minimal club tax. They say they'll vote for it.

But when the voting happens, only 1 votes as expected, 2 other girls vote for other laws.

Is it a bug? Or there are exceptions to 'will vote for everything you say' ?
If you get the message that says they will vote for it because you sponsored them they will vote for it unless there's some weird bug that I can't find. I thought that maybe there was something that only one sponsor worked at a time, but the data is kept in the relationship and if you get the sponsored dialog it's good. And that lasts for a year after you talk to them. So it's not like it's likely to expire. So unless there's something I'm missing it's probably a bug.

Anbody got any idea why this is happening?

First dip to zero obviously a closed club. Second dip on a high level was a price hike. But on the right: No price changes, no external stuff, no hirings or firings, but since a couple of in game days my income is just about 1/7th compared to before. And no, the other clubs didn't catch the difference either, they are roughly in the same ballpark as always.
I'm guessing it's that the satisfaction went down below some critical level. Are you still getting normal visits and people not spending money or did your visits collapse similarly? Do you have a single bartender that has been missing work because it's hurt? If you are not selling drinks that will affect your transactions and also your satisfaction cause people came to drink and they can't.

Note that things like prices are considered relative to other clubs. So if your price is $10 and all the other clubs are at $9 you are like 10% above average which is good. But if they are at $5, now you are 100% above average which is bad. So it could be that other clubs adjusted their prices and yours while not changed are now much worse than the rest. Which will make customers prefer other clubs to yours. Did the other clubs show a big increase in transactions at that time?

There's plenty of gays that dislike homosexual sex (the religious types that think homosexual sex is a sin for instance and convince themselves they aren't gay). I could have sworn I had a check to prevent hookers from being virgins but I guess not. Virgins can still be technically hired as such in clubs, but the game-generated street walkers shouldn't be. I'll put that fix in. Although if a virgin hooker is created she should lose it as soon as she has a client in the game.

lnomsim

Sep 12, 2021
TotalFluke I don't even bother with counselors anymore, because they never vote for the text they said they would.

In the early game, it's not an issue, but when the important laws about new services and capacity arrive, I can never make things to move on, I once managed to get all the counselors to vote the same text, and yet no text was voted because they all voted for something else with not enough votes.

Right now, trying to influence politics is just a waste of time IMO.

May 23, 2023
Right now, trying to influence politics is just a waste of time IMO.
I find assurances a commissioner "will vote for the law" aren't any more likely to be true in the game than they are in real life, but there's more ways to influence game politics.

First and foremost stack City Hall with high Lewdness commissioners whose opinions you've influenced towards the laws you're after (e.g. revealing clothes, public nudity, prostitution). It also helps to have sexual relationships with them as the surest way to keep their opinions high is to regularly screw them. You should do as many job interviews as possible and always check Lewdness when you do to help locate suitable candidates for when elections come up. And one of the first things I do after employing bartenders and opening my club is 'get to know' all the commissioners until I learn their Lewdness.

Mostly with the right people in the job I'm happy to sit back and wait for the right laws to be passed, but when I get a legislative logjam instead of trying to influence a majority to vote for my preferred law I check the results of the last vote and concentrate on getting the most popular law over the line. That usually gets things moving again and the laws I want soon follow.

I don't find blackmail useful because in my experience once consensus to put a law to vote has been achieved it almost invariably passes. As blackmail only influences passing, not proposing, laws the chance it will change an outcome is small.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2019
TotalFluke I don't even bother with counselors anymore, because they never vote for the text they said they would.
If a commissioner's seat up to vote, you can persuade someone from that district to run for the seat, sponsoring their initial fee, and saying "I give you the money, so you'll be my slave and always vote as I say". Some of them refuse this, saying it's dishonorable, but some of them will accept this deal.

After the campaign they win the seat, you have one sure vote. You can always demand how they vote - don't ask them, but demand -, and they will be true to their word.

If you have 3 or 4 commissioners like this, Bob is your uncle, you can make any law to pass.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Of course not all job applicants are entirely truthful about their employment history. Maybe I should be checking their Honor score during the interview.
That is an interesting idea I gotta admit I didn't even consider.

I'm guessing it's that the satisfaction went down below some critical level. Are you still getting normal visits and people not spending money or did your visits collapse similarly? Do you have a single bartender that has been missing work because it's hurt? If you are not selling drinks that will affect your transactions and also your satisfaction cause people came to drink and they can't.

Note that things like prices are considered relative to other clubs. So if your price is $10 and all the other clubs are at $9 you are like 10% above average which is good. But if they are at $5, now you are 100% above average which is bad. So it could be that other clubs adjusted their prices and yours while not changed are now much worse than the rest. Which will make customers prefer other clubs to yours. Did the other clubs show a big increase in transactions at that time?
My satisfaction went down massively, so that probably would be the reason, though I wouldn't know why. I have three fully stacked bars with two bartenders each and none of them is long-term absent (only "stairfall" I have right now is one of the managers).

Visits collapsed in the basically same way.

Gotta check the other clubs' pricing. However, they did not get any noticeable increase in their visits/earnings.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
On a different note I considered asking the mods for an update on the tags of the game because I feel some are missing:

Anal Sex - obviously
Incest - can be activated
Rape - can be activated
Interracial - if you so choose
Gay - if you so choose
Female Protagonist - if you so choose
Text Based - since "Excel based" isn't a tag yet ;)
Netorare - this may be bad advertising but girls can cheat on you, at least if rumors are to be believed

I would argue that the "male domination/female domination" isn't really fleshed out enough though stats for it are in the game. However, the very fact that girls can ram a dildo up male MCs will be seen by some as femdom, but I would argue against it.

Any others I am missing? And you think I got wrong?

Natsu7Drag

May 30, 2023
If a commissioner's seat up to vote, you can persuade someone from that district to run for the seat, sponsoring their initial fee, and saying "I give you the money, so you'll be my slave and always vote as I say". Some of them refuse this, saying it's dishonorable, but some of them will accept this deal.

After the campaign they win the seat, you have one sure vote. You can always demand how they vote - don't ask them, but demand -, and they will be true to their word.

If you have 3 or 4 commissioners like this, Bob is your uncle, you can make any law to pass.
not entirely either. I did that and she didn't show up to vote at all. not just 1, but all of them, and there were a lot of them. only a note that she was absent. And it didn't help me that I filled the place with my slave. Fortunately, the other three loved me so much that they voted as I wanted, only this one

May 23, 2023
I just deleted an earlier post where I'd messed up testing the bouncer participation in mobster fights by not calling for help.

I have two female bouncers with job skills of 88 and 89 (I trained them up). When I called them the mobsters immediately backed down and there was no fight. This is a little disappointing as I was expecting a fight, albeit hopefully one-sided in my favour.

So I guess as long as the bouncers are on duty when the thugs come calling that quest line is now essentially over before it's started.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2018
I just deleted an earlier post where I'd messed up testing the bouncer participation in mobster fights by not calling for help.

I have two female bouncers with job skills of 88 and 89 (I trained them up). When I called them the mobsters immediately backed down and there was no fight. This is a little disappointing as I was expecting a fight, albeit hopefully one-sided in my favour.

So I guess as long as the bouncers are on duty when the thugs come calling that quest line is now essentially over before it's started.
Interesting. Curious at what point they decide to leave it be.

If the bouncers were 20 and 20, I wonder if they'd still wanna rumble.

Am on a new slow-burn playthrough and have an entrance in the works, so will soon be able to start carrying out some testing myself.

Aug 9, 2018
Seems that a cover charge will only apply if you have performers (currently have none).

Pre-expansion build-out:

1723470230294.png

The game will let me work as a Host and drain energy, however there's no income from it.

Thinking there should be some sort of check or the button should be hidden until charging entry becomes viable.

About to hire a host to see if it makes a difference, but if having a Host on the door still doesn't generate income, then that shouldn't be possible either. In that case, hiring a Host should be locked until a performer is hired.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2019
not entirely either. I did that and she didn't show up to vote at all. not just 1, but all of them, and there were a lot of them. only a note that she was absent. And it didn't help me that I filled the place with my slave. Fortunately, the other three loved me so much that they voted as I wanted, only this one
Strange. Last playthrough I hade 3 "slaves" and they all did their job like little angels. Actually, I don't remember seeing any absent commissioner at all (granted, I only check the result when the suggested law haven't pass.)

Maybe a bug? Maybe injured, maybe on rehab? No idea.

fregreger

Apr 28, 2018

This is awesome. Please don't fix this.

3.60 star(s) 20 Votes