3.60 star(s) 20 Votes
May 23, 2023
Either way on the topic of health related absence: you get the option to ask for more details (which seems useless)
I've occasionally had employees admit they've been in a fight when I ask that. If you could train your strippers' fighting skills you'd probably end up with a fight club.

A bit grim that nearly everyone in the game uses the classic domestic violence victim cover story.

Not YrBroom

Feb 9, 2023
Thanks for that. I hadn't even looked at the tfl files and didn't realise they were source code.
Looks like now I'm good to go teaching myself Unity scripting.
Not quite:

Yeah, the TFL language I created. It's not very original, it's most closely resembling Perl but with a bunch of simplifications to make the parsing easier at perhaps the expense of readability.

May 23, 2023
Not quite:
I like that.
Back in my IT contracting days I regularly developed scripting languages to simplify the development and maintenance of forms, etc, for systems written in lower level languages.

Oh well, I guess if I wanna learn Unity I'll have to do it the hard way by actually downloading the language and manuals. It's a shame as I've always best picked up programming languages by seeing how others do it, imitating until I'd got a sense of it, then trying to improve and innovate.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I've occasionally had employees admit they've been in a fight when I ask that. If you could train your strippers' fighting skills you'd probably end up with a fight club.

A bit grim that nearly everyone in the game uses the classic domestic violence victim cover story.
Yeah, occasionally they do. However, there seems to be no real help in that. You do not get the information who the culprit was, you cannot do stuff to prevent it, you cannot press charges or whatever. Training them won't help either when both are on your team.

Since it hasn't happened in a while for me I suspect that happiness also may be a trigger? My employees are pretty happy right now, mostly high 90s to 100, and don't seem to fight that much anymore. Or 0.6a-1 included a reduction of occurences?

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
OMG, I take a couple of days off from checking this site and there's like 40 new messages. LOL!

I think the economy could still do with some tweaking. My club generates most of its income from alcohol sales and it seems almost demand inelastic.
High prices lead to low satisfaction which lead to less people coming to the club. But it takes a while for the numbers to go down and as you are introducing strippers and new services you can balance out the high price satisfaction. And fame goes up faster than it goes down. (And then it still better to sell 100 drinks for $100 each than 2000 drinks for $5 simply because of the cost. So yeah, I'm aware of this and is something I'm constantly trying to improve but it isn't close to being right yet.

Mingling with guests at the morality meeting after taking it over.

Got dared to get naked after she went first. She then turned around and reported me to the cops. :p
I need to put an exception to reporting someone in that situation. Thanks.

Still loving the game and I know I asked the 1st question before, but I wanted to see if you changed your mind on well the 1st question yet.
1. I know you wanted to do this as a free game, but have you changed your mind on any financial support for it yet ?? I still don't agree with Patreon as well but maybe another site ?
2. Pregnancy? Marriage? Maybe girlfriend (s) living with you ? How far out are you on that yet ??
1. Not for now. But I appreciate the sentiment.
2. Pregnancy has the issue of the images not being to show someone being pregnant. But even bigger issue than that is that there's a lot of places where the pregnancy state would be factor in how a scene plays out. Updating all of those to recognize that it's a daunting task. Being married would be the same situation. Neither one of these is in the plans to resolve anytime soon.

I've "raised" (via save file) a girl's lewdness to over 90, but the option for her to work as a stripper or sex worker doesn't show up when I try to reassign the job. I've also tried affecting her opinions on prostitution and sex work through the dialogue options, but that still doesn't to do anything.
The only other thing I can think of is that she doesn't like public nudity or revealing clothing or likes conservative clothing too much.

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but what are the effects of someone being convicted of an offence?

Presumably the relationship between offender and victim takes a hit but I wouldn't have thought that'd often have much impact on the game and there seems a heck of a lot of court cases to no obvious effect.

BTW, nice there's no more double-booking the same time slot for regular dates but it still happens with threesomes.
Being convicted of an offense means they have to pay a fine and/or do community service work. They get the negative relationship penalty as a result of the initial crime, not from the conviction. They also get a gossip about it which has a fairly high negative penalty with all other people who hear about it.

I'll look at the 3some double booking issue.

Is it only possible to establish a Security Room after the mobster storyline becomes available?

Getting pretty sick of being restricted for weeks out of every month because it takes that long to heal even after winning the fight.
No, you can build it as soon as you complete your entrance and you expand the club to 20 rooms.

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
19 months and they've only just appeared as soon as I made the second expansion.

EDIT:

Looks like this is the official trigger:

# not initialized yet, make sure at least 3 clubs are debt free and of level 2
set club:clist = &all_clubs(false);
set $count = 0;
foreach club:c in club:clist {
if(club:c.expansion_level >= 2) {
set O = club:c.owner;
if(O) {
if(O.debt < 1) {
set $count = $count + 1;
}
}
}
}
if($count < 3) {
return;
}
Yes, that's the trigger for when the mobsters start showing up. What that means is that it requires at least 3 clubs to have expanded the club at least once and not be in debt.

While I was winning every fight after reloading, I was still getting absolutely fucked health-wise.

View attachment 3910687
You also have energy of 7 which is enough to last one round of fighting. So unless you can win on one punch, you will lose and you will suffer injuries. So only try to fight them off when your have enough energy to last enough rounds to win.

I can't say I've ever understood fame - either its inputs or outputs. I don't even know how to find a numerical value for it; just the chart showing its rises and falls.

As soon as my kitchen's running I set meals down to $5 and leave them there.

I originally developed my drinks price policy before I realised how important it was to employ managers ASAP and assign two of them to inventory management. I was having to refill the storeroom myself 2-3 times per week and thought I could manage it by increasing the drink price. But no matter how high I set it the customers kept sucking my cellars dry until I finally put them off at about $95.
Fame is shown at the top of the display (it's the one with the siren/red light icon) and also appears at the top right of the club management display. Fame is essentially what drives people to your club. It calculated from a combination of the products you offer, the customer satisfaction and the lewdness of your employees.

I am pretty certain that somebody getting injured by that (or so they say) means they got into a fight with their rival and got beaten up, not actually fell down stairs (or whatever else of an excuse they give, apart from straight out admitting they've been in a kerfuffle the excuses are the typical ones of victims of domestic abuse). I don't know for sure but I think that because two of my employees repeatedly had that happen on the same day (I dubbed them the "twins" for that) and then I found out they were rivals.

So something to make rivals not beat each other up would be nice but probably not realistic.

Either way on the topic of health related absence: you get the option to ask for more details (which seems useless) and to help. However, once you asked for details you cannot help anymore, don't know whether that is intentional. And just for roleplaying purposes some answer of lesser humanity might be a nice option to have.
Yeah the "fell down the stairs" comment is exactly that. And yes, if two of your employees had the same issue at the same time, chances are they were fighting each other.

And some minor dialogue errors I found which may be quick fixes:
Thanks for these! Will get them fixed asap.

@TotalFluke - For MFM threesomes, there should be an option to avoid gay content that happens by mistake.
I'll have to check this. I thought I already put in a check for the AI not to engage with a same sex MC unless the MC was gay/bi.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Another small typo

incestuous.PNG

Should be "incestuous" - by the way, is having a threesome with both sisters bad? (Unfortunately of course many people don't like it, I guess it isn't good for my reputation)

Edit: one more

Imporve.PNG

In the second paragraph is "imporve" instead of "improve".

Last edited:
Reactions: TotalFluke
Aug 9, 2018
You also have energy of 7 which is enough to last one round of fighting. So unless you can win on one punch, you will lose and you will suffer injuries. So only try to fight them off when your have enough energy to last enough rounds to win.
The screenshot was taken after the fact purely for highlighting the character stats. Full energy or not, the result was the same, leading to the series of questioning. The 7 energy was a result of being injured.

May 23, 2023
High prices lead to low satisfaction which lead to less people coming to the club. But it takes a while for the numbers to go down and as you are introducing strippers and new services you can balance out the high price satisfaction. And fame goes up faster than it goes down. (And then it still better to sell 100 drinks for $100 each than 2000 drinks for $5 simply because of the cost. So yeah, I'm aware of this and is something I'm constantly trying to improve but it isn't close to being right yet.
I've noticed. But high prices also leads to an early income boost that can be used to develop the club and do other stuff to deal with satisfaction issues. It also gives you an early lead over the other clubs that's easy to maintain.

Right now I'm 15 months in with 25 fully upgraded rooms (only 2 bars, 2 seating areas and no pool, everything else is maxed) while only two other clubs have expanded and none has more than 11 rooms (no gangsters yet, BTW). So I figure my own hogging of customers and the best employees is crippling the other clubs and the early lead I got from expensive drinks made my position unassailable.

I appreciate how hard it is to keep something as multifactorial as the economy in balance, especially while you're tweaking and adding features. But I thought I'd offer feedback anyway as the $90 drink twink is kinda egregious and would presumably be fairly easy to fix with simple demand elasticity algorithms (available in an Economics 101 textbook near you).

Thanks for reminding me of the numerical fame display at top right. I'd actually spotted that in my early games but had completely forgotten about it, mainly because I didn't know what fame was for anyway.

Reactions: dot7z
May 23, 2023
BTW, if you appreciate spelling and grammar pedantics I'd draw your attention to the "Real State Agent" (should be "Real Estate Agent") glitch I alluded to in my earlier crack about falling into a CIA honeypot trap.

Natsu7Drag

May 30, 2023
I don't know if it has anything to do with activating combat, but from what I remember, they always came to destroy my club after reading a book on how to fight, and I didn't actually have an extensive club, but it was version 0.5

Aug 9, 2018
Seems that if you have enough cash to manually close out existing loans with more than $500 to spare, you can inadvertently spend more than is required without a warning or indication.

eg. Loan balance is $1500. Cash on hand is $3000. When selecting the amount to pay, one of the options is $2500 and does not warn you that much is not required. The extra cash paid disappears.

Kakakakaka99

Jan 4, 2023
Hi,

I have supported 3 girls to make them city commissioner in exchange for their votes.

I asked them to vote for minimal club tax. They say they'll vote for it.

But when the voting happens, only 1 votes as expected, 2 other girls vote for other laws.

Is it a bug? Or there are exceptions to 'will vote for everything you say' ?

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Anbody got any idea why this is happening?

why.PNG

First dip to zero obviously a closed club. Second dip on a high level was a price hike. But on the right: No price changes, no external stuff, no hirings or firings, but since a couple of in game days my income is just about 1/7th compared to before. And no, the other clubs didn't catch the difference either, they are roughly in the same ballpark as always.

Reactions: dot7z
3.60 star(s) 20 Votes