3.60 star(s) 20 Votes
May 23, 2023
Is it only possible to establish a Security Room after the mobster storyline becomes available?

Getting pretty sick of being restricted for weeks out of every month because it takes that long to heal even after winning the fight.
You can definitely build the security office before the mobsters show up, but despite the latest patch I'm not sure it makes a difference. The patch was applied halfway through my last game so there may have been initialisation problems, but I found no discernible difference in fight outcomes with the security office staffed by well trained fighters. After the fight I restored the save, dismissed the bouncers and waited for the mobsters to show again and got exactly the same result, minus 18 health. I did this several times and the only thing that changed the result was how much energy I had going into the fight.

I'm now 10 months into a fresh game and have almost completed the security office upgrade. No mobsters yet but when they show I'll rerun the test and get back if there's any difference.

And yeah, the slow recovery and crippling effects of 'winning' a fight makes the victory kinda Pyrrhic, especially if you're in the middle of an election campaign and can no longer even donate money to your candidate.

So now I mostly just pay the mobsters off. The economy is so borked it's not as if the money matters (at 10 months their $120,000 demands are less than 4 days worth of profits) , but being crippled for weeks for trying to hang onto it sure does.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2018
You can definitely build the security office before the mobsters show up, but despite the latest patch I'm not sure it makes a difference. The patch was applied halfway through my last game so there may have been initialisation problems, but I found no discernible difference in fight outcomes with the security office staffed by well trained fighters. After the fight I restored the save, dismissed the bouncers and waited for the mobsters to show again and got exactly the same result, minus18 health. I did this several times and the only thing that changed the result was how much energy I had going into the fight.

I'm now 10 months into a fresh game and have almost completed the security office upgrade. No mobsters yet but when they show I'll rerun the test and get back if there's any difference.

And yeah, the slow recovery and crippling effects of 'winning' a fight makes the victory kinda Pyrrhic, especially if you're in the middle of an election campaign and can no longer even donate money to your candidate.

So now I mostly just pay the mobsters off. The economy is so borked it's not as if the money matters (at 10 months their $120,000 demands are less than 4 days worth of profits) , but being crippled for weeks for trying to hang onto it sure does.
Do you remember what the tech tree prerequisite was?

The mobsters seem to turn up as soon as the second expansion occurs. Looking to have the Security Room upgraded, staffed and fully trained prior to their arrival to see if it makes a discernible difference.

My current save was resulting in -50 or lower health despite having full energy and 70-80 fighting skill, no matter how many times I tried to save scum it.

May 23, 2023
Do you remember what the tech tree prerequisite was?

The mobsters seem to turn up as soon as the second expansion occurs. Looking to have the Security Room upgraded, staffed and fully trained prior to their arrival to see if it makes a discernible difference.
I don't remember the specific prereqs. I start building an auxiliary office after my first expansion and have usually completely expanded the club by the time it's finished. From there I go locker rooms, employee lounge, storeroom upgrade, security office.

In my curent game I have full club expansion, parking lot, 4 dressing rooms, 2 seating areas, auxiliary office, security office, 4 locker rooms, kitchen+, restrooms+, storage room++, entrance+, sound booth, game room and employee lounge. Still no mobsters.

If I had to guess I'd say the mobsters are triggered by employing strippers. City Hall has just passed 'topless performers' and I've reassigned 2 dancers as a strippers. I'm expecting the mafia to drop by soon.

My current save was resulting in -50 or lower health despite having full energy and 70-80 fighting skill, no matter how many times I tried to save scum it.
I've never had an MC with fighting skill over 70 but the only time I've come out of a fight with less than -25 health is when I've gone in without much energy. I start doing cardio and weights from day 1 and keep at it as often as possible. Right now my strength is 78 and endurance 83 and that's probably as low as it's ever been when I've taken on the mob. My fighting is 64 and I think I've read all the martial arts books.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Cartageno
Aug 9, 2018
I don't remember the specific prereqs. I start building an auxiliary office after my first expansion and have usually completely expanded the club by the time it's finished. From there I go locker rooms, employee lounge, storeroom upgrade, security office.

In my curent game I have full club expansion, parking lot, 4 dressing rooms, 2 seating areas, auxiliary office, security office, 4 locker rooms, kitchen+, restrooms+, storage room++, entrance+, sound booth, game room and employee lounge. Still no mobsters.

If I had to guess I'd say the mobsters are triggered by employing strippers. City Hall has just passed 'topless performers' and I've reassigned 2 dancers as a strippers. I'm expecting the mafia to drop by soon.
Don't think it's just having strippers that's the trigger. I've had a full dressing room of 6 operating for months (even prior to the first expansion) before they've appeared this time around.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Well, most of the events have a certain RNG to it, so by save scumming you can probably delay a bit. Though many also apparently trigger a bit before they actually appear (e. g. the game already is set on Friday for something that will happen on Sunday).

May 23, 2023
I'm really going to have to do something about the stairs in my club.
They're even more dangerous than the knee-seeking arrows in Skyrim.

Aug 9, 2018
So how far in are you? (i.e. the 'Employees' Time for your MC.)
19 months and they've only just appeared as soon as I made the second expansion.

I had a really lucky run with commissioners, including one that married the eldest sister. Because I was playing it fiscally safe on the slow burn, I couldn't even keep pace with the policies opening things up.

EDIT:

Looks like this is the official trigger:

# not initialized yet, make sure at least 3 clubs are debt free and of level 2
set club:clist = &all_clubs(false);
set $count = 0;
foreach club:c in club:clist {
if(club:c.expansion_level >= 2) {
set O = club:c.owner;
if(O) {
if(O.debt < 1) {
set $count = $count + 1;
}
}
}
}
if($count < 3) {
return;
}

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2018
I've never had an MC with fighting skill over 70 but the only time I've come out of a fight with less than -25 health is when I've gone in without much energy. I start doing cardio and weights from day 1 and keep at it as often as possible. Right now my strength is 78 and endurance 83 and that's probably as low as it's ever been when I've taken on the mob. My fighting is 64 and I think I've read all the martial arts books.
While I was winning every fight after reloading, I was still getting absolutely fucked health-wise.

1723121906057.png

May 23, 2023
I had a really lucky run with commissioners, including one that married the eldest sister. Because I was playing it fiscally safe on the slow burn, I couldn't even keep pace with the policies opening things up.
Not sure what you mean by that. Hopefully TotalFluke will change it soon but right now you can push your average drink prices to $90 almost right from the get go with little discernible effect on sales. It might be holding back satisfaction growth though, so I wait until mine is over 12%, which generally happens once I'm serving meals (I start building the kitchen and storeroom on day 1). So your money problems are over at about the time you've fully staffed your first dressing room.

Aug 9, 2018
Not sure what you mean by that. Hopefully TotalFluke will change it soon but right now you can push your average drink prices to $90 almost right from the get go with little discernible effect on sales. It might be holding back satisfaction growth though, so I wait until mine is over 12%, which generally happens once I'm serving meals (I start building the kitchen and storeroom on day 1). So your money problems are over at about the time you've fully staffed your first dressing room.
Yeah, I don't min/max too hard on my playthroughs. I increase meal prices by 10% and drinks by $1 per 100 fame.

If the price is too high for the quality of alcohol / food, you get a message saying people are unhappy.

By using that method and avoiding debt unless a disaster causes it, I can slowly build, only employing staff with suitable stats as they gradually spawn in. ie. low greed, mid or higher focus etc.

Reactions: dot7z
May 23, 2023
Yeah, I don't min/max too hard on my playthroughs. I increase meal prices by 10% and drinks by $1 per 100 fame.
I can't say I've ever understood fame - either its inputs or outputs. I don't even know how to find a numerical value for it; just the chart showing its rises and falls.

As soon as my kitchen's running I set meals down to $5 and leave them there.

I originally developed my drinks price policy before I realised how important it was to employ managers ASAP and assign two of them to inventory management. I was having to refill the storeroom myself 2-3 times per week and thought I could manage it by increasing the drink price. But no matter how high I set it the customers kept sucking my cellars dry until I finally put them off at about $95.

Not YrBroom

Feb 9, 2023
I "won" a fight where I ended up with something like -72 health. It was months of game time before I could do anything. I also switched to just paying them off.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I'm really going to have to do something about the stairs in my club.
They're even more dangerous than the knee-seeking arrows in Skyrim.
I am pretty certain that somebody getting injured by that (or so they say) means they got into a fight with their rival and got beaten up, not actually fell down stairs (or whatever else of an excuse they give, apart from straight out admitting they've been in a kerfuffle the excuses are the typical ones of victims of domestic abuse). I don't know for sure but I think that because two of my employees repeatedly had that happen on the same day (I dubbed them the "twins" for that) and then I found out they were rivals.

So something to make rivals not beat each other up would be nice but probably not realistic.

Either way on the topic of health related absence: you get the option to ask for more details (which seems useless) and to help. However, once you asked for details you cannot help anymore, don't know whether that is intentional. And just for roleplaying purposes some answer of lesser humanity might be a nice option to have.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
And some minor dialogue errors I found which may be quick fixes:

Doens't.PNG

"doens't" probably should be "doesn't"

LetHerHim.PNG

I know that pronouns are a touchy issue these days and you should never assume and so forth, but I still think most people still only use one, so either "her" or "him", not both?

YouAndIConfusion.PNG

This one switches position mid sentence. Both "I want to vote for my" and "You want to vote for your" should be okay. Pronouns again ... ;)

(Also I really should upgrade Blanca to "friend" ... she's the threesome queen of the city, I don't know in how many I have been with her by now, but all my girls seem to like her a lot, which is probably why she won the election in a landslide)

3.60 star(s) 20 Votes