Content:
Fully implemented Aire's new sidequest
Added a couple new recruitable characters

Rebalances: Growth factor is no longer tied to race and has higher cost now
Rebalanced time system: Now day has 4 turns instead of 24 hours
Many social skills had their duration and cooldown revamped
Rebalanced craft and upgrade time for most items and upgrades
Rebalanced travel time
Dating and sex now has certain amount of charges based on charm/sex factors of master and recharged every 7 days
Dating for single character can only be performed once a day (does not prevent dating other characters if you still have charges)
Autosave is triggered every 5 days instead of 1
Buffed boss hp
Rebalanced some of the combat skills: most single target damage skills buffed while AoE nerfed
Further reduced obedience gain
Flight can be learned by any character with wings (except for harpy) and is no longer obtained from valkyrie class
Further reduced default obedience gain from skills
Fixed Aire's recruitment option if she was missed during civil arc questline
Fixed multiple event related bugs and mistypes
Fixed some instances when locations broken returning characters on deletion
v0.6.0a:
Some Daisy's followup events will take longer to occur
Fixed character cap not allowing to advance turn when not going over it
Fixed rough wood gathering upgrade only giving 1 worker slot instead of 2
Fixed a certain new character not being recruitable
Fixed saving not working correctly

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Well yeah, I would never advise downloading the "experimental" builds from Maverik.
His so-called "experimental" builds are essentially "we didn't test this shit ourselves as we're too lazy to do that when we can have you suckers find all of our sloppy coding mistakes -- and the things that we forgot to do because we don't use proper release checklists".

Reactions: Lolicon Kami

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
A couple of questions. Has anyone run into the new recruitable characters? If so do you know what the triggers them?

Where is the Flight skill? Flight is now supposed to be unlockable for any race with wings, except harpies, but I've recruited a dragonkin, a seraph, and a demon and I can't find flight on any of them. I'm wondering if I'm blind or if this is a bug.

Edit: There's a new update on Itch.io v0.6.0b

Last edited:

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Can't seem to get any of the new characters.

Tehre is no location named Greatburg. At what point in the game are you even supposed to get them?
The fairy seems to spawn at a random location. I just went to them all and she was at like the third or four one I visited.

I can't find any of the others though.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Tehre is no location named Greatburg. At what point in the game are you even supposed to get them?
The name of the villages is randomized and changes from game to game, so "Greatburg" is likely not what it's called in your game. To easily find out where Lilia is at you can cheat a little and do a search for "Lilia" in your .sav savegame file.

As for when Lilia is available, she's present at the start of the game. Most of the other unique recruitable characters have event triggers based on following the main story. Just play through the story and you should, eventually, meet all of them.

Daisy, in game versions before 0.6.0 appeared in Aliron on day 2. As of 0.6.0 she now appears on day 4+.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
There are several recruitable mages. Kurdan and Zephyra are both story events. Not sure what classes Aire and Anastasia have (as I always end up having to restart because a new version invalidates my saves), but I'm guessing fighter stuff. There's another new recruitable (besides Lilia), but I've not seen her yet either.

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
Is this still considered a tech demo or are we treating it as a real game?
I would consider it an alpha stage game. Meaning new content is still being added. Systems may be altered, added or even removed completely still. It is fully playable, but just keep an open mind that all things are still subject to change.

Mee&Mee

Apr 23, 2020
Is this still considered a tech demo or are we treating it as a real game?
Just because you click on start and the demo does not crash it does not mean this is game, there is no story that justify playing this so far, this is just a reboot of a previous game that was abandoned and this one will be abandoned in two years...

• Angry
Reactions: Mcderp21 and Reij

erkper

May 16, 2018
Just because you click on start and the demo does not crash it does not mean this is game, there is no story that justify playing this so far, this is just a reboot of a previous game that was abandoned and this one will be abandoned in two years...
This statement is patently false on many levels...
There is a story to play (not currently complete, as the game is still in development, obviously.)
Not a reboot of anything - new story, new game world, etc.
Previous game was not abandoned - SfP is a finished product (still mods being produced by fans, but the dev has completed his work on it afaik.)
I can't comment for sure on "will be abandoned in two years" as I am unable to foresee the future but based on the dev's history, I would doubt it.

Mee&Mee

Apr 23, 2020
This statement is patently false on many levels...
There is a story to play (not currently complete, as the game is still in development, obviously.)
Not a reboot of anything - new story, new game world, etc.
Previous game was not abandoned - SfP is a finished product (still mods being produced by fans, but the dev has completed his work on it afaik.)
I can't comment for sure on "will be abandoned in two years" as I am unable to foresee the future but based on the dev's history, I would doubt it.
Previous game was not abandoned? hahaha it is a finished product? hahaha I only have to say this go to itch.io an check the official website for the previous version and tell me what the status is there, besides, that you have to name the community "working" on mods it is just to make your " statement " a little bit long...

Finally anyone that has "played" this demo knows that 40 minutes of text do not qualify to call it a game neither to say it has a story hahaha

Last edited:

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Griffons are dungeon bosses in the jungle, not groves (which have trolls as bosses). I haven't done this quest yet myself, but I'd guess that you need to buy a jungle dungeon and clear it -- assuming that the game didn't just give you a new dungeon to clear, which you'd find by clicking on the Travels button from the Mansion and looking for dungeons with "Q:" in front of the name.

Reactions: StratoSquir

erkper

May 16, 2018
Previous game was not abandoned? hahaha it is a finished product? hahaha I only have to say this go to itch.io an check the official website for the previous version and tell me what the status is there, besides, that you have to name the community "working" on mods it is just to make your "stamentment" a little bit long...

Finally anyone that has "played" this demo knows that 40 minutes of text do not qualify to call it a game neither to say it has a story hahaha
No, Strive for Power (the previous game) was not abandoned. It was completed by the dev (current version on itch: 1.0d) and has several community mods, some of which may still be in process, but I don't know too much about community mods as I do not add them to my game. Just going by recent conversations on the community message board, it would appear there are mods available and being worked on by Aric and a portrait pack editor by Redux. I'm not going to take any more time than that to explore the issue though as I said, I don't use the community mods for SfP.

If you "played" this demo and completed it in 40 minutes... you didn't. Is that "stamentment" also too long for you?

3.20 star(s) 45 Votes