Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
Sorry to bother, but is there any way to raise stats besides dating? I think in the orginal game you could do so via the library?

Reactions: monk_56

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Characters do earn Learning Points if they are assigned to the Library, more if you upgrade it, but (I think) less as they get higher level. But training during dates is much more efficient. You will get more date and sex interactions per day as the MC levels up. Each character is limited to two interactions per day though.
There is no Library in Strive:Conquest, so you cannot assign anyone to it. Nor does Conquest have "Learning Points". Many of the features of Strive for Power (the predecessor game), such as a Library or Nursery, are not in the "sequel".

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Sorry to bother, but is there any way to raise stats besides dating? I think in the orginal game you could do so via the library?
Each action raises stat... for example attacking enemies with Melee skills raises Str and useing Magic raises Int.
Some Jobs/Tasks also have an impact on Stats, same as Personal skills which can be used from the Mansion

Reactions: Lolicon Kami

erkper

May 16, 2018
There is no Library in Strive:Conquest, so you cannot assign anyone to it. Nor does Conquest have "Learning Points". Many of the features of Strive for Power (the predecessor game), such as a Library or Nursery, are not in the "sequel".
You're right, my bad. I was just replaying through SfP and confused myself.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
He missed his end-of-year target and when asked today his answer was: "I'll probably try to focus on actually wrapping up experimental version in next few days." Given that he said pretty much the same thing before Christmas I'd not put too much faith in his estimate.

Haamster

Jul 11, 2020
He missed his end-of-year target and when asked today his answer was: "I'll probably try to focus on actually wrapping up experimental version in next few days." Given that he said pretty much the same thing before Christmas I'd not put too much faith in his estimate.
NSFW Devs and missing self imposed deadlines, truly a tale as old as time.

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
NSFW Devs and missing self imposed deadlines, truly a tale as old as time.
I mean, it's gotten to the point that NSFW devs that fulfill their deadlines is impressive and rare. lol :rolleyes:
If it was any other job or even a school, you'd get canned a long time ago. I guess it's just that NSFW devs aren't really replaceable so we just gotta deal with their faulty record...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: monk_56

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
In this particular instance it's a very bad case of "feature creep". He's added so many changes to core mechanics for the next release that, given the track record of previous releases, this next release will be buggy as shit -- whenever it does finally get released. (He also has a lousy record of doing adequate internal testing before inflicting updates on the public.)

Yeah, I'm venting. I'm a patron and I can't say this in his Discord because he already considers me to be overly critical and lacking in faith. Regardless of the fact that his track record on releases and hotfixes speaks (loudly) for itself. He's ... sloppy.

[/rant]

I support him as a patron because he makes great games, which I feel are worthy of recognition and support. But he could use lessons in software project management and quality control (which used to be my profession before I retired).

Last edited:

johnny7shooter

Oct 15, 2019
Yeah, I'm venting. I'm a patron and I can't say this in his Discord because he already considers me to be overly critical and lacking in faith. Regardless of the fact that his track record on releases and hotfixes speaks (loudly) for itself. He's ... sloppy.
You're his paying audience, if you lack faith in him, shouldn't that be a sign for him to improve?

Stop paying him. I don't normally outright advise people to stop paying for things that they want to pay for, but if being a patron doesn't give you any meaningful benefits because pointing out the many problems with what you're paying for causes a negative reaction, you shouldn't be paying him at all. You're trading money for a product, and if that product is below the quality you want for a REPEATING MONTHLY PAYMENT, and complaining about even just workflow issues gets a negative reaction and no improvement, what exactly are you getting for your money?

Reactions: LiquidEidolonium

Hryme

Aug 15, 2016
I am having a wierd problem. I played this game yesterday with no problem. But when I start the game today it will not open normally. It goes through the loading process and the music starts playing. But the title of the window changes to "Strive for Power 2 (DEBUG)". And I can't open the window and see anything. The console window is fine and I can't see any errors in it but the game window will not open. Only thing I can think of that might be relevant is that windows 10 ran an update when I shut down the computer yesterday.

Tried starting a new game from a new unrared game folder but same thing happened there.

Anyone have a clue what this can be?

Edit: Maverik helped me on the discord and the solution is to delete the Appdata info if anyone else runs into the same problem.

Last edited:

Haamster

Jul 11, 2020
It has been over two weeks into the new year, and there hasn't been a peep. I understand that altering the time system must be a huge headache, considering how many mechanics are involved, but at least tell us that. I don't even think he has updated the patreon.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
It has been over two weeks into the new year, and there hasn't been a peep. I understand that altering the time system must be a huge headache, considering how many mechanics are involved, but at least tell us that. I don't even think he has updated the patreon.
A (very very buggy) "experimental" release was posted to itch.io over a week ago. Might help if you actually checked the official release site (itch.io) or the official discussion site (Discord) to get your news.

Fitzgerald

Oct 23, 2017
Summary: Aire sidequest, a couple new characters, and gameplay changes, the most important of which is going to a four-turn day instead of a 24 hour day.

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
Think I will wait a few days. The past couple times have seen 3-4 days of hotfixes immediately after release.

erkper

May 16, 2018
Be sure that the version you download is 0.6.0a, as the first several non-experimental v0.6.0 releases were exceedingly buggy.
Well yeah, I would never advise downloading the "experimental" builds from Maverik. But 0.6.0 (now technically 0.6.0a, you are correct) is the main game version download, that is what I was referencing.

3.20 star(s) 45 Votes