DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
I am totally missing the prequels "exploration". Moving on the roads, learning the maps, the encounters while traveling and their choices added a lot of flavour and life to the world.
I agree that exploration and travel is too easy, and that also makes resources too easily accessible.
go through a lot of effort and failures to selectively breed them/gain the traits you were aiming for etc. Giving the characters in Power more of a purpose/character as well.
This is more of a problem of being in development, from what I hear traits will appear next on the development schedule.

The problem to me with the game is it's not much of a Slave Trainer game compared to something like Monster Club Bifrost where training girls and upgrading your brothel and satisfying customers was essential to surviving the pace of the debt.
There is not much reason why you would train and sell a slave, the service guild requirements are either too easy or not worth the effort and they only give enough money to break even at best.
And it's not much of a RPG Combat game either compared to something like Portals of Phereon which has a lot more customization with it's breeding system that slowly creates your ubermensch team.

Last edited:

erkper

May 16, 2018
Well you can consider the Sex traits Fetishes and than most of the unique Characters virgins without any knowledge about sex... hencefor they don't have any fetishes... yet
...Except that the game tells you explicitly who is and who isn't a virgin and for non-unique characters who have sex traits/fetishes that theory doesn't hold true at all.
It's not a huge issue, but it is an oddity and somewhat lessens the immersion for me.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Evangelion-01

QuickBob

Oct 27, 2019
I don't know if anyone takes bug reports from here and posts them somewhere the dev can see them, but here's a couple.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

One other thing that I'm not sure if it's a bug, intentional, or I just can't figure out how it works, I tried going for the mind control option after already failing to convince the princess to marry me, and I have no option to use it. I went to the drow in the woods to gain the spell on the bracelet, but I have no crafting options, no options related to it when talking to the guild leaders, and no option to discuss anything further with the princess.

Finally a question, is it possible to make Amelia, Myr, Myr's sister, and Ginny into slaves in this version, or is that all planned for future versions? I just finished Act I.

Last edited:

QuickBob

Oct 27, 2019
I've gotten a bit further now, is there any way to get both Heleviel and Lira as slaves? I hate having to choose like that.

erkper

May 16, 2018
I've gotten a bit further now, is there any way to get both Heleviel and Lira as slaves? I hate having to choose like that.
Doubt it, however you play the quest you're picking one or the other to be the Elven High Priestess. There isn't a third option so I don't see how you could end up with both.

... I wonder if you played as a female elf MC if there'd be the option to become the High Priestess yourself. THAT would be pretty funny, and a potential route to enslave both of the other contenders.

StratoSquir

Jan 19, 2018
i need "Magic-Cloth" to marry, where do you even get it?
i checked in my crafting recipes, it's not there, checked differents locations in case it's a ressource you need to get somewhere
couldn't find where anything is.

i also need a lot of whiskey for the second-part, where do you even get this stuff in a reliable fashion?
the only times i ever find some are in some shop if i'm lucky

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
i checked in my crafting recipes, it's not there, checked differents locations in case it's a ressource you need to get somewhere

i also need a lot of whiskey for the second-part, where do you even get this stuff in a reliable fashion?
Magic Cloth is under the Tailoring section, it requires silk, magic wood, and bone. Whiskey can be made via cooking for 6 grains.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018

Upgrade your tailor workshop.
Magic cloth requires a tier 2 building, etheral cloth a tier 3

VonCarstein

May 22, 2020
I will definitely be watching the progress of this game in the future. While at this stage in development the game is missing some of my favorite bits and pieces from the first game, Strive 2 is already a solid and enjoyable game. Combat in particular is notably improved. There does seem to be a bit of overlap between spell types w/ the various elements (many have a single hit, hit 2-3 targets, or hit row/all targets), but with monsters having such a diverse range of immunities, it forces you to have a more diverse party and range of abilities to be effective. Having two rows is also nice; I particularly like not seeing my squishy mage girls get stomped right off the bat. And getting a gnome girl upgraded to an assassin and using those abilities was fantastic. The only downside I see is the enemies also being limited to 6 characters per battle. Some of the best moments from the first game (in terms of combat at least) were running into really big mobs and having to fight against the odds. Still much improved from the first one, which I did not dislike by any means.

I'm hoping the laboratory, kennel, and other such fun bits return eventually. Getting to really customize my character and the slaves was a lot of fun, especially since it cost so much and made you work for it.

Enjoying the story so far as well. Here's hoping you can interact more with the demon girl eventually. The options seem more intuitive this time around. I didn't need a guide at all to get the elf or princess; just doing what seemed sensible to reach that conclusion worked. Much appreciated.

The crafting is interesting. I'm an idiot who took awhile to figure it out, but I appreciate how there are certain options that are just straight up better than others. Again, really makes you want to work to get those good ingredients.
Minor complaints: kinda wish the request board (and maybe the slave listings) would update more frequently. Once a week can be rough. I also think the number of sex and date actions could be increased, but that seems a common gripe.
Some male underwear would be nice. A helmet, or more head options in general, would also be appreciated.

For some quality of life improvements, I'd like to see the sex of newborns when choosing to keep or send to an orphanage. Being able to choose the last name would also be nice (it's a little odd that half my kids don't have my last name OR their mother's). Being able to set some limits on the "let X lead" option would be nice. Not a big fan of losing my black cherry to some chick who busts out a double-sided dildo from hammer space (speaking of which, having to make certain sex items and toys might be interesting).
It also took me a little while to find how to talk with the girls. I should probably pay more attention to the tutorial.
Finally, I'd really like some sort of non-Breeding Sow method for crossbreeding. I feels wrong to 'brand' my wife like that. Any chance of a potion to help out one day?

All in all: no major gripes, lots of praise, and looking forward to seeing where the game goes from here. Thanks for another great game!

QuickBob

Oct 27, 2019
Anyone know how important the ini files are in the images packs? They weren't necessary in SfP and it's not like Conquest has an auto-assign feature yet. Are they just there to prepare for a future when Conquest does have an auto-assign feature or is there another purpose I'm missing?

sskrx7

Feb 14, 2020
I just finished the prequel and tried playing it, the experience was kinda underwhelming tbh. The GUI is super counter-intuitive, the animated backgrounds are flickering for some reason and I can't find a way of just getting out of town to beat some bandits...

The first encounter I had was against bandits inside a cave that easily kicked my ass. So far not enjoying this game.

Reactions: Lolicon Kami

DarkNix

Dec 9, 2018
Quite disappointed with the more recent version's early game

Dates
They took a bad system and made it twice as bad. Now it's even harder to train slaves, unlock traits etc because you can only interact with them so rarely

Combat and Dungeons
Incredibly grindy, even worse than before until you can get AOE spells, as you need to spend even more time in between battles waiting to heal up/mana up. Spending limited money on this is counter-productive. Don't mind the skill point system, but until you actually get some skills, everyone is just SO BAD.

If dungeons aren't intended to be used for early game cash/resources, there needs to be something else to do instead (that will allow a player to get skill points without having to wait days on end healing, which is especially annoying with the time based prologue)

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Quite disappointed with the more recent version's early game

Dates
They took a bad system and made it twice as bad. Now it's even harder to train slaves, unlock traits etc because you can only interact with them so rarely

Combat and Dungeons
Incredibly grindy, even worse than before until you can get AOE spells, as you need to spend even more time in between battles waiting to heal up/mana up. Spending limited money on this is counter-productive. Don't mind the skill point system, but until you actually get some skills, everyone is just SO BAD.

If dungeons aren't intended to be used for early game cash/resources, there needs to be something else to do instead (that will allow a player to get skill points without having to wait days on end healing, which is especially annoying with the time based prologue)
As for training for sex jobs I do not do those, I like having sex with them my self and not allow anyone else to have sex with my girls.

No one said you have to go right out and fight.
You can train all your NPC's and your self staying at home gathering what you can and selling what you don't need.
Do the mayor quest and it will stop the payments you have to make but for me I can have well over 200k with in 100 days with no problem and that is having babies with the one you get for free.

I have no problem in the combat or dungeons with 3 fighters and 3 archers.
I lost a few NPC's my first game but after that and finding out nothing can stand against 3 fighters and 3 archers I only run them and will run them every time I play and or start a new game.

If you work really hard on gathering and selling you can have close to 1 mil within 100 days.

9 times out of 10 I will pay off the 100k with no problem training up my fighting NPC's then going out and fighting and doing the mayor quest.

There are many ways to play this game so if 1 way does not work for you try another way.

Reactions: Evangelion-01

Crestrial

Mar 15, 2019
As for training for sex jobs I do not do those, I like having sex with them my self and not allow anyone else to have sex with my girls.

No one said you have to go right out and fight.
You can train all your NPC's and your self staying at home gathering what you can and selling what you don't need.
Do the mayor quest and it will stop the payments you have to make but for me I can have well over 200k with in 100 days with no problem and that is having babies with the one you get for free.

I have no problem in the combat or dungeons with 3 fighters and 3 archers.
I lost a few NPC's my first game but after that and finding out nothing can stand against 3 fighters and 3 archers I only run them and will run them every time I play and or start a new game.

If you work really hard on gathering and selling you can have close to 1 mil within 100 days.

9 times out of 10 I will pay off the 100k with no problem training up my fighting NPC's then going out and fighting and doing the mayor quest.

There are many ways to play this game so if 1 way does not work for you try another way.
It sounds to me you only tried one method. The high physic method which involves fighting and resource gathering. So I'm not sure you're really meaning that there are "many ways to play this game".
There is a way to go out fighting from the get go, but I don't think it's something a new player should do. I've done it with max physic factor master and servant, and used Daisy as a healer. I also went with the fighter's guild for the free gear. It's important to note that for dungeons, you can rest between levels. I also want to state that I don't think a new player should be expected to hit the ground running like this in order to do this method.

I think the biggest problems this game has is its odd introductory barrier combined with what it sells itself as (and fails to deliver). Several slave training games have a debt mechanic (Bifrost and Slave Matrix come to mind) but they're pretty transparent with how to meet your payments. This game isn't.

First off, there is a way to get around the debt completely that you are not told about. The only hint you get is basically "There must be another way" in the journal. This is very vague and if you don't do the notice board quests for rep (and its completely fair to assume someone might not want to yet) you'll never figure it out on your own. They don't even tell you they will lay off your debt until you actually complete the quest.

Second, the most obvious approach to these games is training your slaves to put them up for prostitution and/or selling them (and the selling method is terrible). However, this completely falls flat on its face because of something that's not mentioned anywhere, unlike the previous game. You will struggle if you're going the prostitution route if you don't end up realizing that sex AND charm play a role in the prostitution's payout. Without charm, you will only scrape by at a measly 80-130gp/day per slave and that's with Harlot. You might get by the 10,000gp payment with the room upgrade but you'll be completely hopeless for the final payment. Unfortunately, the prostitution job mostly raises sex proficiency, not charm (it's extremely slow). The labor jobs on the other hand only require physic and also train physic. So if you end up figuring this out, then you also need to figure out how to raise charm and the only way at the start is using the dates to train their charm. Strive for Power at the very least was transparent on what improved job performance. Conquest doesn't and I feel that if they did, people wouldn't have as much of a problem anymore when approaching a slave training poon game whilst expecting it to play like one. No where in the game does it state you need charm for this job to pay decently and yet it severely cuts the payout if you don't have charm. Combine this with an update that limits your interactions with your slaves (thus the ability to train charm) and well, this is where the divisiveness in attitudes toward the games difficulty comes into play. It's not the player's fault, it's a design problem, and there's quite a few design problems in Conquest. I wretch everytime somebody comes along and tells everyone "You just don't know how to play the game why don't you just do x and y like I did????" Probably because the tutorial sucks ass and the game doesn't tell you shit while also imposing an introductory barrier. Is Conquest supposed to be the Dark Souls of slave training games? :eek: I highly doubt that's what they're going for here.
So when that method fails and people expect that the way to go must be to fight right from the start, again, you can't blame them. Blame how this game was designed.

Last edited:

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
It sounds to me you only tried one method. The high physic method which involves fighting and resource gathering. So I'm not sure you're really meaning that there are "many ways to play this game".
There is a way to go out fighting from the get go, but I don't think it's something a new player should do. I've done it with max physic factor master and servant, and used Daisy as a healer. I also went with the fighter's guild for the free gear. It's important to note that for dungeons, you can rest between levels. I also want to state that I don't think a new player should be expected to hit the ground running like this in order to do this method.

I think the biggest problems this game has is its odd introductory barrier combined with what it sells itself as (and fails to deliver). Several slave training games have a debt mechanic (Bifrost and Slave Matrix come to mind) but they're pretty transparent with how to meet your payments. This game isn't.

First off, there is a way to get around the debt completely that you are not told about. The only hint you get is basically "There must be another way" in the journal. This is very vague and if you don't do the notice board quests for rep (and its completely fair to assume someone might not want to yet) you'll never figure it out on your own. They don't even tell you they will lay off your debt until you actually complete the quest.

Second, the most obvious approach to these games is training your slaves to put them up for prostitution and/or selling them (and the selling method is terrible). However, this completely falls flat on its face because of something that's not mentioned anywhere, unlike the previous game. You will struggle if you're going the prostitution route if you don't end up realizing that sex AND charm play a role in the prostitution's payout. Without charm, you will only scrape by at a measly 80-130gp/day per slave and that's with Harlot. You might get by the 10,000gp payment with the room upgrade but you'll be completely hopeless for the final payment. Unfortunately, the prostitution job only raises sex proficiency, not charm. The labor jobs on the other hand only require physic and also train physic. So if you end up figuring this out, then you also need to figure out how to raise charm and the only way at the start is using the dates to train their charm. Strive for Power at the very least was transparent on what improved job performance. Conquest doesn't and I feel that if they did, people wouldn't have as much of a problem anymore when approaching a slave training poon game whilst expecting it to play like one. No where in the game does it state you need charm for this job to pay decently and yet it severely cuts the payout if you don't have charm. Combine this with an update that limits your interactions with your slaves (thus the ability to train charm) and well, this is where the divisiveness in attitudes toward the games difficulty comes into play. It's not the player's fault, it's a design problem, and there's quite a few design problems in Conquest. I wretch everytime somebody comes along and tells everyone "You just don't know how to play the game why don't you just do x and y like I did????" Probably because the tutorial sucks ass and the game doesn't tell you shit while also imposing an introductory barrier. Is Conquest supposed to be the Dark Souls of slave training games? :eek: I highly doubt that's what they're going for here.
So when that method fails and people expect that the way to go must be to fight right from the start, again, you can't blame them. Blame how this game was designed.
Considering that the game is still in the pre alpha phase of development and game mechanics are constantily up to changes makeing in Detail Tutorials won't help much.
First the Travelling system, than the Upgrade System and even the time progression system were changed within the last few Updates.
There are tooltips for most of the basic stuff like explanation of what stats do and affect, though I'll admit that someone new to the game is unlikely to figure that out.

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
Second, the most obvious approach to these games is training your slaves to put them up for prostitution and/or selling them (and the selling method is terrible). However, this completely falls flat on its face because of something that's not mentioned anywhere, unlike the previous game. You will struggle if you're going the prostitution route if you don't end up realizing that sex AND charm play a role in the prostitution's payout. Without charm, you will only scrape by at a measly 80-130gp/day per slave and that's with Harlot. You might get by the 10,000gp payment with the room upgrade but you'll be completely hopeless for the final payment.
That's because trying to pay off the debt is a fool's errand.
The game does not have enough mechanics and systems to utilize the purpose of paying off the debt.
Even if you try it would be "Grinding" not "Gameplay".
In other words the right answer is to completely ignore the debt.
Maybe later in development it will have a purpose, but I doubt it.

Dravak

May 15, 2018
Well the story line is quite good, even if I haven't continue it anymore cause waiting for the final release.
But I really am disliking the Graphics of Strive for conquest compared to Strive for Power.

It is a bit too cartoonish while the models scene and art created are great. it is way too over the top cartoonish.
The strive for power Graphics were better while cartoonish still show a dept of realisme.

Now the content still is lagging behind Strive for Power, even with the introduction of the new Random Quest generator and Dungeons (Which are great) .
The new battle system feels the same but with 6 people, instead of 4 (which is great too)
The class traits profession and skill purchase feels better then last Episode .
Also the extra portrait window is a nifty UI upgrade. especially since I rather use Full body PNG then just faces. but was a pain to get the diameter correct to fit it in.
Strive 1 example.png

The biggest gripe I currently have and this might be game breaking according to developer.
But it is part of my fetish, is that the Misstress Master Trait has been redone in text and execution that was a waste of time.
Can it please the sexual interaction dialogues and 1 Master be tied to slave_type:"Master" only instead of the trait .
So Master Mistress trait can be used as ex master / ex misstress for RP purpose.
Strive 2 Example.png
As Example 2 shows .. cause of the current mess with Authority my former Misstress has ursurped me of my Role as Head of the house :p .. while she still has type SLAVE .. so literarly slave_type:"Slave" not just text alteration in master Nuon.

Also the game looks a lot nicer if using Fullbody PNG. instead of only Head Portraits.
Showcase here.
Strive 3 example.png
also much better in combat too.
But yes if the DEV can redo the Misstress and Master Trait back to the way it was, I would be very gratefull.
Instead of doing needless work to bug up everything .. cause it wasn't WAI.

As for NEW content : Can we please have Slave Trader monthly event ? that is like show off for your Slaves or Servants.
Can be tied to Arena Combat/Random stats combination , or even some random NPC houses selling or wanting to buy/hire your exposition slaves/peons. a bit like soldtown girl, yearly event who won the best Slave category. with money/item/skill/resources reward. or even nifty Trait (who just gives some silly Prestige/bonus % prositution whatever)

That is my feedback.

3.20 star(s) 45 Votes