Stringy Bob

Apr 12, 2021
So Im confused. Is the debt ignored while we are doing guild missions or do we have to do a certain amount for a guild first for them to pay it off? I thought it was the 2nd.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
So Im confused. Is the debt ignored while we are doing guild missions or do we have to do a certain amount for a guild first for them to pay it off? I thought it was the 2nd.
Neither.
The in game Law states that the mayor of a town can't get his property seized dureing his time in power.
Your goal is to get enough influence with the guilds so they'll call you mayor and afterwards your loan is more or less considered payed (or atleast your installments are halted).
Well the story takes a turn for the worse in the last moment, but thankfully the same rule gets applied dureing times of war.

sskrx7

Feb 14, 2020
Neither.
The in game Law states that the mayor of a town can't get his property seized dureing his time in power.
Your goal is to get enough influence with the guilds so they'll call you mayor and afterwards your loan is more or less considered payed (or atleast your installments are halted).
Well the story takes a turn for the worse in the last moment, but thankfully the same rule gets applied dureing times of war.
not informing the players that they can do this will put them in a ''must grind'' mindset and once they get beaten and/or do the math they'll likely give up because there's no way they can repay it.

Reij

Jun 22, 2018
not informing the players that they can do this will put them in a ''must grind'' mindset and once they get beaten and/or do the math they'll likely give up because there's no way they can repay it.
Thankfully the game does tell players this. When you get the letter from the servant's guild, visit said guild and the 1st thing Amelia will mention is they know of your situation with the bank and ask you if you know about the mayor's position, choose whichever reply you want and she'll reply with: "The city's Mayor is elected by the guilds majority every few years, but the catch is only a landowner can become one. Furthermore, the Mayor can't have his property overtaken even in case of loans, so that will let you get off the hook, as long as you manage to get elected."

Dravak

May 15, 2018
There is definetly ten ways to pay the debt , if you really want to do it, it is must grind if you want to pay the debt.
Or play the story line.. if you don't want to play the story line and deal with no DEBT .. then play sandbox mode .
Which is all the freedom you want isn't it ? No storyline , just play the world you want .. but I want unique characters.
There is daisy, but I want the princess and others too.. yeah then play the story line.
But there is debt in the story line... so what you follow the story line and you pay the debt off in no time.

I mean to get to that part of winning the election wasn't even hard, first time I gone trough it was done in maybe less then 10 hours.

Reactions: Reij

sskrx7

Feb 14, 2020
Thankfully the game does tell players this. When you get the letter from the servant's guild, visit said guild and the 1st thing Amelia will mention is they know of your situation with the bank and ask you if you know about the mayor's position, choose whichever reply you want and she'll reply with: "The city's Mayor is elected by the guilds majority every few years, but the catch is only a landowner can become one. Furthermore, the Mayor can't have his property overtaken even in case of loans, so that will let you get off the hook, as long as you manage to get elected."
When I read this my first thought was ''there's no way the deadbeat new guy who no one knows and is neck deep in debt is going to get elected'', this caused me to filter out this option immediately but I guess it's my fault for trying to think logically.

Reactions: Stringy Bob

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
When I read this my first thought was ''there's no way the deadbeat new guy who no one knows and is neck deep in debt is going to get elected'', this caused me to filter out this option immediately but I guess it's my fault for trying to think logically.
The reason it doesn't make much sense for you is because you forgot that the Guilds will only vouch for you once you have atleast 300 Guild reputation with each of them... and THAN complete a certain Quest for each of them
You are not a Deadbeat new guy at that point... you have proven yourself capable by achieving things even without any bigger support or money

erkper

May 16, 2018
The reason it doesn't make much sense for you is because you forgot that the Guilds will only vouch for you once you have atleast 300 Guild reputation with each of them... and THAN complete a certain Quest for each of them
You are not a Deadbeat new guy at that point... you have proven yourself capable by achieving things even without any bigger support or money
I'm not sure it helps much to keep explaining it. The game tells you, in plain language and no uncertain terms, exactly what you need to do to not have to keep paying the increasing debt payments. If some players blow through the text without reading it, or read it but disregard it, that's not on the dev and certainly not on other players to keep explaining it.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
maverik — 04/26/2022
Current status and progress update
Hello everyone. This has been a rather quiet month on my side for a couple of reasons so I want to give some info on what's been going on behind the scene.

Firstly, despite the recent chaos in the surrounding region due to the conflict, most of the team has managed to gain a foothold so we are picking up our work speed.

We've been making a good amount of progress on finishing Displaced even though there's still lots of work left. We might be able to provide some more screenshots/videos with it though. This was mostly the reason why we haven't made large progress for the Conquest. Even then we plan to make a trait and raising release for it next month. It shall be a fairly straightforward idea somewhat similar to the first game: characters will spawn with good and bad traits, while breeding them will let some of those to be inherited by offspring. Also instead of getting and offspring instantly those will be sent for education first with an option to choose which route you will be paying for.

We are also working on a new story/quest contents but those might take somewhat longer time to arrive but we are still trying to do it.

Sadly, we are currently at the spot where's not much else to say but we'll be trying to keep in touch without spoiling much. Thank you for your support and attention, it means a lot especially at the current time.

rieyn

Oct 9, 2018
Would those who have been playing this regularly say that the description is a bit out of date, even if it is a pre-alpha now? Ver 0.62 seems a bit far along for a "tech demo," and the barebones description is what caused me to shelve this for later previously. I saw mention of a keystone achievement (so to speak) in roughly 10 hours, so it seems like this game does have a bit of flesh to it now?

erkper

May 16, 2018
Would those who have been playing this regularly say that the description is a bit out of date, even if it is a pre-alpha now? Ver 0.62 seems a bit far along for a "tech demo," and the barebones description is what caused me to shelve this for later previously. I saw mention of a keystone achievement (so to speak) in roughly 10 hours, so it seems like this game does have a bit of flesh to it now?
Yes, I would say the current level is well beyond "tech demo." It's definitely still in an alpha state, as it seems there are significant changes made to various game mechanics with every major update, but the story has proceeded through two complete arcs (Acts, as they are named by the dev) which already generate as much or more gameplay as his completed game (Strive for Power.) The keystone achievement mentioned is basically the end of the prologue and start of the first act. Keep in mind that most of the game mechanics are still subject to a great deal of tweaking if not complete overhauls, but I think it's worth testing out in the current state.

The Outlaw

Feb 7, 2020
Anyone knows more games like Strive? Already finished the first game and really liked it. Any games where I can use my portraits? The only other games I know is Jack-o-nine-tails. It doesn´t need to be about slave management but similiar.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Anyone knows more games like Strive? Already finished the first game and really liked it. Any games where I can use my portraits? The only other games I know is Jack-o-nine-tails. It doesn´t need to be about slave management but similiar.
Whore Master
Sim Brothel (the whole Series)
PyTFall

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
There is definetly ten ways to pay the debt , if you really want to do it, it is must grind if you want to pay the debt.
The problem is a game like Racettear or Bifrost uses the Debt to drive the Gameplay.
But Conquest as it currently is has no such mechanics that make it interesting gameplay.
There are no "Customers" that required tailored slaves to satisfy them.
And there are no Quest that pay off from selling high quality trained and rare slaves.
You also don't have much time to properly train them to a high degree.

The Upgrade System could be useful, but it's not yet balanced with the Pacing and Economy.

To pay off the debt you just need to Grind but that is not much Challange or Gameplay. The Game is already "Solved".

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
The problem is a game like Racettear or Bifrost uses the Debt to drive the Gameplay.
But Conquest as it currently is has no such mechanics that make it interesting gameplay.
There are no "Customers" that required tailored slaves to satisfy them.
And there are no Quest that pay off from selling high quality trained and rare slaves.
You also don't have much time to properly train them to a high degree.

The Upgrade System could be useful, but it's not yet balanced with the Pacing and Economy.

To pay off the debt you just need to Grind but that is not much Challange or Gameplay. The Game is already "Solved".
The main difference between the games you mentioned and this one is that their ENTIRE Story focuses on the debt... here it's only a start for your strive to power and conquest.
There are Quests from the Servant guild that require highly trained slaves with certain gender and classes unlocked.
Even the Warrior Guild has Quests where you need to lend or sell specialized slaves
I suspect Quests includeing special races will only become mainframe once Areas get included, where you can actually recruit/enslave them

3.20 star(s) 45 Votes