anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
As the game is still in an alpha state, and the mechanics are still being developed, it's not surprising that the balance isn't great. If it's still this unbalanced when the main story line is complete and it's nearing completion then the griping will be valid.

F4g95

Oct 12, 2020
As the game is still in an alpha state, and the mechanics are still being developed, it's not surprising that the balance isn't great. If it's still this unbalanced when the main story line is complete and it's nearing completion then the griping will be valid.
Its been in alpha for 4 years
FOUR
YEARS

Reactions: Edwarf

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I'd hope that they adress the inbalance and gameplay stuff before tackling the main story... Story is hard to wirte and develope while it only last you for a few hours at max... gameplay and balance takes as long but makes you occupied for days or weeks.

cd13

Mar 5, 2019
I do not really buy this argument.

It is not like there are non-obvious exploits that break the balance of the game which would be normal for the game in the development stage. But instead all three primary gameplay system barely work at all and I didn't see much improvement in any of them in the past year or two.

And it is not like first pass balancing is hard. It is just an issue of doing some math and compiling some excel tables.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
I'd hope that they adress the inbalance and gameplay stuff before tackling the main story... Story is hard to wirte and develope while it only last you for a few hours at max... gameplay and balance takes as long but makes you occupied for days or weeks.
Agreed.
No amount of storytelling is going to fix a text-based sandbox game if the sandbox itself is lacking.

I mean I had plenty of fun last time I played, but judging from the last replies here a bunch of people feel it's completely broken and some of them seem really angry about it.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Agreed.
No amount of storytelling is going to fix a text-based sandbox game if the sandbox itself is lacking.

I mean I had plenty of fun last time I played, but judging from the last replies here a bunch of people feel it's completely broken and some of them seem really angry about it.
Compare the experience you got from last time playing it to the first time you did.
I wouldn't call it broken but the balance was shifted and now the game seem to have forgotten from where it came from and the potential it had.
It's disappointing since this had been going on for quiet some time now.
Recently I restarted the 1st strive and if you compare both games the only thing this one has going for it is a skill tree and crafting... anything else is inferrior... though slave training and management used to be as good as in the first part of the series originaly.
sure in the first part you had to put more effort into keeping slaves happy, but the game was supposed to still grow... yet it only dimished with each Update.
Combat/Dungeon Crawling on the other hand became the main focus of each Update.
I mean I think this could be good... but with the simplification of the other Elements of the game this became really boreing

Last edited:

sgb3

Dec 14, 2019
I've played through this a few times at various patching levels. There's a base for a really good game which is why I keep tabs on this, but others basically summed up most of the problems. I don't personally mind if the dev focuses is on the combat half of the game, but the combat isn't nearly interesting enough or challenging enough to justify the neglect of the sim half. Once you have a few good fighters with a mix of different elemental skills, that's it you've solved the game. Have a few slaves farm food forever and you're done.

Also as others said this has been in development long enough that 'it's still in alpha' is simply not an excuse. It's not like he's making $50 a month, he's got over a thousand backers.

caju

Oct 5, 2017
The slaves from the market arent interesting. By the time you collect all the named characters, you generally have most of the upgrades completed and most of the best armor so there isnt really an incentive to keep playing since there are not any other quests. I used to bug hunt and sit in discord but now i just play it every 6 months or so. It doesnt keep my interest anymore.

Reactions: Evangelion-01

anon6076

Nov 24, 2018
Compare the experience you got from last time playing it to the first time you did.
There is no difference. Go through the dungeon by using 2-3 abilities. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.
Go back to base to click 'increase obedience' abilities.
I think the only difference is that I have to grind some slavery mana to put maid costume on slave or force it to work as lumberjack, don't think it was there before. That kind of explains why there is so much buttrape in GULAG - got to butter up to get slaves into the woods
I can't even find some rare race prisoner in dungeon and have to wait for other slavers to finally bring me octopussy instead of goblins.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sep 21, 2019
Damn. This new update was probably a lot of work.
A slight recommendation would be for the waiting screens, sometimes you want to read but you have to scroll down. Except doing any action to scroll down leave the waiting screen. Ah well...
Also, I wonder how modders will have to adapt to new races/age classes/etc now, as there is probably more specific drawings per description.

id89123

Jun 24, 2018
Updated to 0.7.0a version
Downloads:

Fixed Cali's bad route having some text entries broken
Fixed Ratkin description
Fixed gray skin color
Added some performance improvement to paperdoll
Added bat to run game with console to windows version
Presumably fixed linux and mac versions
Fixed sacred bowl being dropped randomly

Reactions: xoxo1001

MrHusky2007

Dec 3, 2017
I don't think there is. You can change basically every aspects of the preg controls except for the main character's preg chance. Seems to be a hardcoded chance.

Brothel preg chance can be modified in the variables.gd file
Darn! That brothel chance I found too and gave me a bit of hope. Thank you for the reply.

What about the NPC/slave pregnancy chances? Any variables there?

DeathLordOfDoom

Sep 8, 2021
I think some diversity on the text descriptions of the sex actions would come along a great way in making it more interesting while not demanding any significant ammount of investment in terms of resources or time. It feels very repetitive right now.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
There is no difference. Go through the dungeon by using 2-3 abilities. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.
Go back to base to click 'increase obedience' abilities.
I think the only difference is that I have to grind some slavery mana to put maid costume on slave or force it to work as lumberjack, don't think it was there before. That kind of explains why there is so much buttrape in GULAG - got to butter up to get slaves into the woods
I can't even find some rare race prisoner in dungeon and have to wait for other slavers to finally bring me octopussy instead of goblins.

Well I started to play dureing the Techdemo days... back than the Charm and Cruel Skilloptions increased a different value required to make a slave obedient and prevent them from attempting to harm MC or simply run away... now they never try to harm MC and just run for an example... leave alone that all skills only factor into a single value you use to buy favors

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
StriveConquest-0.7.0a
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

LordUlrich

May 16, 2020
OK, so a few things to take notice of.

The main Town Screen keeps flashing, not sure if its cause its a time looped animation screen or what but with each flash you can see a different screen behind it. The Tutorial itself is glitched. If you enable it you can never see said Tutorial again, if disabled it wont scroll or change at all, meaning I'm stuck with just the very first Tutorial screen. Some menu's have no exit in the corner and I have to find a different screen to replace it or leave the area to remove it. Also, when traveling from a place to home most characters get duplicated on the Mansion list then once you arrive or use a turn it returns to normal. When characters are in different maps other characters become unusable (if 2 chars are at Millwood and 2 are at home only the 2 in Millwood are accessible).

Those are just prologue problems I've found. As I've not progressed past the Betrayal quest but I do not yet know if more may be found.

Plus as just something that kept annoying me: Quest completion little pop up, it tends to block most of the center screen (recommend doing a little side pop up so it no longer blocks content or make it transparent so everything is still accessible or both... I'm impatient and it kept blocking stuff (this is just my opinion feel free to ignore)).

As previously said I've not progressed after the initial prologue so I truly do not know of any further bugs or glitches. That said I do hope what I've pointed out is helpful or of some use. Hell, there may be more and I've missed them, so if anyone else can point them out that would also be much appreciated.

Outside that, it is a good game and I look forward to future content.

sgb3

Dec 14, 2019
Plus as just something that kept annoying me: Quest completion little pop up, it tends to block most of the center screen (recommend doing a little side pop up so it no longer blocks content or make it transparent so everything is still accessible or both... I'm impatient and it kept blocking stuff (this is just my opinion feel free to ignore)).
Not just quests, but upgrading ANYTHING has the stupid banner block half the screen even when you're doing mass upgrades with loyalty points. You should go to Discord with bug reports though, the dev doesn't read any of this.

LordUlrich

May 16, 2020
Not just quests, but upgrading ANYTHING has the stupid banner block half the screen even when you're doing mass upgrades with loyalty points. You should go to Discord with bug reports though, the dev doesn't read any of this.
Seems lazy of them but much appreciated. I'll send it over there and hope something comes of it the next update.

caju

Oct 5, 2017
Is there any way to have more then one custom slave after the first one
If you go to Assets/Data/pregen_characters_data.gd ALL characters are custom.
Honestly, before I play, I change all characters food preferences to my preferences.
But all the other character data is there

3.20 star(s) 45 Votes