SFlame56

Feb 21, 2020
If you go to Assets/Data/pregen_characters_data.gd ALL characters are custom.
Honestly, before I play, I change all characters food preferences to my preferences.
But all the other character data is there
I mean like how after you join a guild

tortlll

Jan 4, 2019
For the "Factors", is there any way to upgrade them?
It seems Growth Factor can be upgraded with sacrificing people in the slave market, but how do I increase Phy/Mag/Wit/etc?
In a comment from 2022, there was apparently an "upgrade" button on the classes/skills screen, but I'm not seeing it.

EDIT: Apparently the slave market upgrades EVERYTHING.
There should really be a tutorial for that, it is not intuitive.

esoom

Sep 6, 2017
A typo for "Combat SKills" in the class descriptions ruins the game for me...
Editing ./localization/en/main.gd, line 1404 fixes it though, un-ruined.

Also there is a bug, on Hard mode if your main character dies but your other character wins the fight, it says victory then insta quit, then when you reload the save without closing the game the game wont enter combat again.

Last edited:

zerowin

Nov 8, 2019
Somehow Daisy is stuck I think? It says "Travel 1hr" but even going to the travel page and sending her back home she never come back? There is a way for me to correct this?

Oct 10, 2019
What exactly does "paperdoll" mean?
it is commonly used to refer to a system that allows the creation of full, usually randomly generated, characters starting from the individual features and putting them togheter, like drawing various bodyparts on a piece of paper and then cutting them and putting them togheter to form a full body, or more appripately like a character creator in a videogame, each part is assigned a number and usually a tag, like blue hair or big boobs, and then the game uses the separated images it finds with those tags to make a character, it is a good way to not have to draw many characters but it is a pretty complicated system to set up and it can easily break, it also makes the characters look kinda samey, it is still better than nothing and I usuall like them when I see them, many games on this site make use of it, I can provide exeamples if you want but I would need to search for them again

Oct 10, 2019
What exactly does "paperdoll" mean?
it is commonly used to refer to a system that allows the creation of full, usually randomly generated, characters starting from the individual features and putting them togheter, like drawing various bodyparts on a piece of paper and then cutting them and putting them togheter to form a full body, or more appripately like a character creator in a videogame, each part is assigned a number and usually a tag, like blue hair or big boobs, and then the game uses the separated images it finds with those tags to make a character, it is a good way to not have to draw many characters but it is a pretty complicated system to set up and it can easily break, it also makes the characters look kinda samey, it is still better than nothing and I usuall like them when I see them, many games on this site make use of it, I can provide exeamples if you want but I would need to search for them again
https://f95zone.to/threads/hentai-high-school-v1-10-5-7-hhs.1016/
https://f95zone.to/threads/slave-matrix-auto-eden.11674/
these are both games with a paperdoll system
https://f95zone.to/threads/eratohok-2022-06-05-wamekukyouzin.7042/
this one has a lot of premeade characters but your children and some random event rcruits are paperdoll generated, it is also the one where it is easiest to look into the files to see how it works, the programming is very complex but the images are easily accessible

esoom

Sep 6, 2017
Oh so there will be a character generator in the future, right now I don't think there are any image files for it unless I'm missing something.

Edit: Oh I see you have to delete the custom images first. Shame it does not generate a portrait though only the body.

Edit 2: OK you have to start a new game after deleting the images or it's bugged.

Also the game seems kinda broken, if you do dungeon quests you get way too many slaves, you fight a couple of spiders and get 3 slaves after kinda broken. Then you can recruit the worthless slaves and use them to increase your base stats at the slave market, so you max the physical and magic stats to win the fights quicker, then farm slaves for the other stats and it only costs you 200-300 gold per level, plus you have a chance of getting really decent slaves without spending anything.

Last edited:

Oboe

Nov 17, 2019
If you dislike a particular character's body and profile, can you exchange them for a better one in your bodies and portraits folders? If so, how?

D-

Oboe

Nov 17, 2019
If you dislike a particular character's body and profile, can you exchange them for a better one in your bodies and portraits folders? If so, how?

D-
To answer my own question, yes. In customize, there is select custom body. There is a check box to match body and portrait. The scroll bar is linear with folder names in body, so demons, then dragonkin, the dryads, and so forth. The loading is slow and the tool is finicky, imo. But doable.

O-

esoom

Sep 6, 2017
I found another bug/exploit, if you do a dungeon and get to mini boss area, if you escape out of the fight (usually you get the first turn) you can keep repeatedly doing that until you get a locked chest instead which is worth more than the fight if you have a thief. Backing out of a fight does not progress the dungeon, can also keep doing that to get the enemies you want.

You can also do that when you get the fight with rats, they give zero rewards so you might as well back out and reroll.

Also for anyone that doesn't know, there is no point in selling the captured people you get in the dungeons directly, if you do the negotiate thing even if you fail to convince them to join you you still get ~+3-5 charm points for whatever character you select to do the negotiation. Also if that person has any obedience skills you can instantly use them to get free loyalty on the other captured slaves, potentially get one of the upgrades that adds gold value to the slave as a nice bonus before you sell.

Another bug, when you lose / quit to menu the confirmation screen you get on the first run appears for a few milliseconds, if your mouse is over where the exit button is going to be when you click to continue on the lore/loading screen it quits the game.

Same issue if you load a game, if your mouse over any button on the UI it gets clicked.

If you don't acknowledge the tutorial confirmation when you start the game and click on the town instead, when you load the save after that point game the tutorial thing pops up again.

Also sometimes if you load the game on Linux there is a chance the audio is broken, (garbled and only coming out of the left channel). Seems to be a very low chance, only had it happen once so far in ~20 runs.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2018
I've dug around and extended my personal copies of this a couple times in the past. I decided to worm my way into a new copy to play with extending some of the functionality, and finally decided to do some more extensive modding. I've spent the last couple days really understanding this codebase and the framework it's built with.

holy fucking hell

Godot is a massive pile of shit.

All of my fucking sympathy and praise to the guy that's spent literally years shoving his dick in this blender.

The scene system is brain damaged.

The language supports, encourages and sometimes requires all of the worst anti-patterns in programming.

It's a hot heap of trash from one end to the other. The only reason this thing got popular is because they stapled a half-assed copy of visual basic onto the front end of it and marketed it to people that literally don't have the experience to know better. I'm digging through it just from the backend files here, it's fucking incredible how fucking assbackwards they've managed to make this shit.

It's like, they harp on and on about how their language doesn't have globals and how fucking great that is, but the scene system makes passing top-level context an impossible task for the newbies they target, so they just end up forced to use the builtin "SINGLETONS BUT THEY AREN'T GLOBALS THEY'RE TOTALLY DIFFERENT BUT YOU CAN REGISTER THEM SO THEY SHOW UP IN EVERY NAMESPACE LIKE GLOBALS BUT THEY AREN'T I SWEAR" bullshit. Guess what, if your own official solution that's built right into your fucking GUI to fix the problems you've created is to bypass everything you're proud of about it and do things in the shittiest most spaghetti ass code causing ways, your shit sucks.

Everything in here has to know how everything else works and it's got to be absolutely soul draining trying to remember the intimate details of everything going on all at once without fucking anything up.

Part of that is on some obviously newbie structuring in the code. That happens to everyone on their first dozen bigger systems. It can be mitigated over time.

But the lion's share was imposed on them, and the framework taught nothing of good form. It damn near requires the worst solutions at every step, actively punishing anyone that would try to snatch success from this things jaws of infinite fucking failure.

This thing is actively trying to retard its users.

It's all so fucking inside out, it manages to have all the worst qualities of imperative and OOP code while managing to shit on any and all possible virtues they could have brought to the table. They make it so it's damned near impossible to structure the code nicely, because you always have to have references back to shit in the viewport, because they expect you to just have a bunch of fucking chunks you swap around, but the skill required to wrangle this without inordinate complexity cropping up almost immediately is way beyond what anyone that's casually using it will have.

And the fucking people writing and maintaining it have the absolute gall to be condescending pricks to the reams of newbies I see flailing on their bug trackers. These poor fucks think this is normal and probably walk away upset that they aren't getting it when someone sneers down from on high that they're doing things wrong. Because the most obvious shit in the world is a god damned system that can't even exit without asking the top-level window nicely to do it. But, of course, your only options for reaching it are to pretend every fucking object you create needs to be stapled into the view tree, or to use a bunch of globals that work by getting stapled to the root view and then exposed everywhere to make state management a living hell.

And to top shit shit pile off with a cherry, the god damned thing doesn't even have a proper mark and sweep collector. They're expecting people to do manual memory management in the middle of this clusterfuck. It's either nodes that at least cascade their manual deletion down the chain, reference-counted shit with no defenses against memory cycles, or objects that have to be completely manually managed or they just leak memory.

What in the fuck are these morons thinking?

God speed, Maverik. I'm going to keep hollowing out my withered husk fucking around in this code, but if you should ever see this, know I have nothing but sympathy for what this shit has done to you.

• Haha
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Edwarf and xRoguex
Nov 28, 2019
Decided to start a new game and skip the prolouge because fuck paying taxes but I can't seem to find any of the service tasks, despite having unlocked them on a majority of my slaves. Anyone know how to fix this?

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
Decided to start a new game and skip the prolouge because fuck paying taxes but I can't seem to find any of the service tasks, despite having unlocked them on a majority of my slaves. Anyone know how to fix this?
Service tasks are sort of oddly placed in the "Rest" selection. Choose rest and then then you will have options for them to perform various service related tasks.

esoom

Sep 6, 2017
Anyone know how the collection calculations work?

I thought the collection was the number next to the persons name when you assign the job divided by the required progress per item... But it doesn't work out.

For example fishing for one of my characters with a 30% collection boost is calculated to be 18.7 and the progress required is 0.2, so (18.7/0.2)=93.5/turn, but you only gain ~4.5/turn.

Grain is (19/0.2) and you get about the same ~4.5, so the number is consistent but I don't understand what the number represents.

So what does the number next to the name actually mean? Are the aliens in my bedroom real?

Is it the total per day?

Last edited:
3.20 star(s) 45 Votes