a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
If you unlock guild quests or loyalty skills an unlock animation plays that blocks a not insignificant portion of the screen from being interacted with. If you unlock an ability you have to wait for the unlock animation to go away before you can interact with the screen again, if you unlock a class you have to wait for the animation to play before you can interact with the screen again, if you use practically any ability in combat you have to wait for the animation to play and fade... All I can think of off the top of my head but there's plenty of small things like that, particularly in the fade-in-and-then-out aspect for most if not all menus, that stack up to a frustrating and slow experience.

I often don't use abilities in combat anymore because unless you can nuke the enemy in one go raw regular old attack is often just as good due to resistances and infinitely faster to cycle through even if I am sacrificing AOE attacks. Tangentially related but then once you are able to nuke enemies in one go I find the combat portion of the game is so trivial and tired at that point that its just not fun anymore.
How about just disable them if you don't want to watch them. Strive for Power 2 2024-03-10 06-48-51-17.jpg

And by the way that's not called a "hang".

Reactions: JungleNuts

BodaciousBoar

Jun 13, 2019
How about just disable them if you don't want to watch them. View attachment 3428997

And by the way that's not called a "hang".
Ah I should have mentioned this is both with that toggle off and with them on, good thought though. I'm honestly not sure what that toggle actually does because everything seems to behave the exact same regardless of the toggle state.
1710118037979.png

fogginstance

Apr 11, 2019
anyone know what affects crafted item quality? tried poking around the game files but couldn't find it.

edit: god i fucking hate discord. why do games just fucking love hiding information on discord that you can't find anywhere else? it's so fucking obnoxious. anyways, the answer is: smith class & tool quality increase your chances of getting higher quality gear (which I guess is why smith improves tailoring??), but nobody really seemed to know anything specific.

Last edited:

fogginstance

Apr 11, 2019
cool beans, there's a less-horrible way to remove traits. There's a very rare item called "soul_stone" which removes 1 trait and appears to actually work. Didn't even know it existed. But it's fairly easy to mod in as a guild shop item for consistent access. tested on daisy by removing her coward trait (but actually doing this will probably fuck up the event where she normally loses it, so don't try it)

in \assets\data\worlddata.gd, ctrl+f "oblivion_potion". there should be only one result. add "soul_stone = [1, 300]" (or whatever price you feel like). keep the formatting.

that won't add it to an on-going savefile, but that's also fairly simple. ctrl+f "oblivion_potion" until you find the part of the code that looks the same as the bit of code in worlddata.gd, and do the same thing.

1710383070456.png
1710383226735.png

Reactions: Rethos

xoxo1001

May 9, 2017
It seems like any recruitable NPC with storyline quests cannot have permanent custom portraits. Is that correct? By that I mean for recruitable NPCs like Daisy or Cali. I've tried to apply custom portraits to them only to have them change back to default after going to a different screen.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
maverik — Yesterday at 6:32 PM
@Announcements
Strive Conquest 0.8.3 Release

(also updated experimental version)
All tame/timid factor checks for master are automatically passed (i.e. classes requiring this factor)
Rebalanced the way stat bonuses are applied on stronger character generation: high stat characters are more likely than stats destributed across the board.
Corrected some of the older tutorials
Added simple service gold log

Revamped previous Peon slave type into Subordinate
Subordinates receive 25% more loyalty and have 5 less obedience drain. They also cost 1% of their value in gold at the end of the week. They can't be sold or removed by giving quests.
Successfully recruiting a stranger only allows to make them into subordinate
Added an option to set free characters from inside character info
Moved talk button for unique characters on right side of portraits
Master trait points are now rewarded after progressing through main story
Fixed Master Staff having incorrect material colors
Fixed neutral personality characters having empty speech texts

Slightly revamped gold formula for service jobs
Slightly increased all upgrade taxes
Nerfed writ of exemption and oblivion potion prices

Class changes;
Many classes have received new passives and stat changes, more detailed list can be seen in the game's changelog

Added minor Zephyra event at elven capital with a costume reward
Changed the behavior for talking down captured characters - now instead of making them peon, successful negotiations will grant them basic servitude and combatant

Reactions: Daba and Rethos

f45450

Oct 21, 2021
I have used majorus potions in the first game but can't find them in the second also i don't want to deal with toxicity, buying or spending time getting them, when i can hopefully just edit a file so most characters have larger breasts.
There is "upgrade body" option in slave market though? Where it can be reshaped.

Reactions: GrassButGreen

jojo12342

Feb 12, 2018
Im stuck on the quest: Guild strike back. I should join duncan but where? Is this a bug and if so, what can i do now?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Im stuck on the quest: Guild strike back. I should join duncan but where? Is this a bug and if so, what can i do now?
If he is not in the fighter guild then he is at the quest town you need to join him at.

RabidRanger45

Jun 9, 2020
A question:

1. Knight: Has Class - Fighter, Paladin
2. Paladin: Has Class - Fighter, Knight

.....( As I picked Fighter ), I picked Knight, but when I tried to get Paladin, I couldn't, it was locked ( conflicts with Paladin ), and vice versa I assume, so am I blind, or am I missing something, ( as I assume you either pick Knight or Paladin )?

sgb3

Dec 14, 2019
EDIT: Nevermind, it was a bug there's a hotfix version out for 8.3

Was a frustrating amount of extra steps added to sending a party travelling somewhere? Maybe I just lost my patience while taking a break from the game but it feels like being punished for ever leaving the mansion now. I see the punishment animation for unlocking classes is still in full effect as well...
Also this, the new system just seems to be more clicks than before. Moving people around should be dead simple, and it just feels needlessly awkward.

Last edited:

SpikyHair

Nov 13, 2019
Also this, the new system just seems to be more clicks than before. Moving people around should be dead simple, and it just feels needlessly awkward.
It does allow you to move multiple groups in the same turn, though - something that didn't even exist in the OG.

I generally have two fighting parties (higher and lover level), and two-three "collector" characters running around picking completion bonus resources after them. The way things are implemented allow me to move them around without "recalling" and losing a turn every time you do that.

Bit of a tip in case you haven't noticed this one - clearing a dungeon and moving to another one that you "purchased" in the meantime does NOT require back-trip to town, you can assign travel directly from the old one to the new.

It saves a lot of wasted turn time, aside from the aforementioned multiple groups being possible at all.

Now, the enchanting panel, on the other hand...

sgb3

Dec 14, 2019
Played through 8.3, didn't feel any different than v7. Most of what's been added just make an easy game easier, as there's been no changes to the enemies or dungeons to account for the player having even more stat buffs. The changes to town requests are really questionable as you get a ton of missions now asking for slaves you can just buy from the nearby shop or common items you can also buy from the nearby shop. I don't quite understand why it's made so easy now.

3.20 star(s) 45 Votes