erkper

May 16, 2018
It does allow you to move multiple groups in the same turn, though - something that didn't even exist in the OG.

I generally have two fighting parties (higher and lover level), and two-three "collector" characters running around picking completion bonus resources after them. The way things are implemented allow me to move them around without "recalling" and losing a turn every time you do that.

Bit of a tip in case you haven't noticed this one - clearing a dungeon and moving to another one that you "purchased" in the meantime does NOT require back-trip to town, you can assign travel directly from the old one to the new.

It saves a lot of wasted turn time, aside from the aforementioned multiple groups being possible at all.

Now, the enchanting panel, on the other hand...
Did this change in the last couple of updates? I haven't played a 0.8.x version yet, but in previous (0.7.x and earlier) versions I'd noted that travelling from one location directly to another didn't save time at all, it seemed to basically be calculated as if the trip was from the current location back to the mansion and then on to the destination. So I never did that, I'd always bring them home so I could at least hit them with some loyalty boosts or sex them up or whatever while they were going from point to point.

BodaciousBoar

Jun 13, 2019
8.3 doesn't seem to have the option to send people to Forests or Mountains locations. No mods, encountered on both Easy and Normal. 1710696497306.png

BigCut

Dec 13, 2023
Can someone explain to me why this is rated lower than the first game?

I didn't enjoy the first game all that much tbh so if this one's even worse I might just skip it.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017

I didn't enjoy the first game all that much tbh so if this one's even worse I might just skip it.
Because it is still a late stage alpha to early stage beta game that is still changing a lot from update to update.
You normally have to start new with almost every update.

Also they keep trying to compare it to the first game which is very wrong to do.
Both games aver very different than one another with only the sex is close to the first game.

Azi VonVeil

Jan 22, 2024
can you still have F/F sex without the bi trait in this on? and after so much sex they turn bi, then lesbian like in the first one?

SpikyHair

Nov 13, 2019
Did this change in the last couple of updates? I haven't played a 0.8.x version yet, but in previous (0.7.x and earlier) versions I'd noted that travelling from one location directly to another didn't save time at all, it seemed to basically be calculated as if the trip was from the current location back to the mansion and then on to the destination.
You do need the first stable upgrade for it to become relevant. Then the direct travel time is cut down to one turn, but recall and travel from town will take two.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Still probably doesn't deserve as much bashing as it gets, though. It's not a bad one, even at this stage, it's just nowhere as good as it could be with limited changes.

On a completely different note (and the reason I swung by), I did some quick changes to remove mana cost from the few damage spells that still had them because fucking consistency, man. Mana economy realistically doesn't even exist right now. If Mav thinks relying on mana gems is the way to go, good luck with balancing it against "nuke everything with no cost" melee classes. Mana cost for the things that do have it, aside from social skills, is absolutely bonkers.

So, anyway. Extract (f95 doesn't allow .gd extensions, heh), drop the file in \assets\data, override the old one, enjoy no-cost blizzard and whatnot.

Healing, some protection spells, and social skills relying on mana are unchanged.

SpikyHair

Nov 13, 2019
8.3 doesn't seem to have the option to send people to Forests or Mountains locations. No mods, encountered on both Easy and Normal.
Is this on the current ? Not happening on my end (running the 64bit Winblows ver 99), so either something with a weirdly specific trigger, or issue on your end.

Could be lint from prior installations/mods if you did not manually clean AppData\Roaming\Strive or are using prior version saves.
also why do i start with sex exp in im a virgin?
It was just the tip :)

Azi VonVeil

Jan 22, 2024
i see so even with female customers, you still lose virginity....i take ti the game counts both male and female customers as penetrative?

BodaciousBoar

Jun 13, 2019
Is this on the current ? Not happening on my end (running the 64bit Winblows ver 99), so either something with a weirdly specific trigger, or issue on your end.
A hotfix was released to resolve the issue. I was playing 0.8.3 and the current version is 0.8.3a
1710805032709.png

Reactions: SpikyHair

Azi VonVeil

Jan 22, 2024
also i cant seem to change my characters hair color, no matter what i pick it still says white, nor can i change the length in the description, it seems locked to what i started with...

Azi VonVeil

Jan 22, 2024
yeah after some test, my character is given a set of hair color and length and i can not change it, even in character creator...could it be due to the costume art?

Azi VonVeil

Jan 22, 2024
wait can i edit the save code? im just trying to get her to have blonde hair that cascades down to her hips, it hangs freely from her head...

SpikyHair

Nov 13, 2019
the current version is 0.8.3a
That would explain it, it's what I'm playing after jumping from experimental that was a whole sub-number behind.
yeah after some test, my character is given a set of hair color and length and i can not change it
For hair color to change in character description you need to use hair dye (and that limits your selection of colors). You can click the "hair style" link in character description to change to a more applicable (short, ponytail, braids), THEN redo the hair into whatever detailed changes you want.

The whole thing is a mess.

Azi VonVeil

Jan 22, 2024
last question i swear, but can i edit my save file to make a slave my sister/brother? i kinda miss having your family come with you from the first one

SpikyHair

Nov 13, 2019
You do know you can edit previous posts to add to them instead of doing this derpy multi-post-spam?

Anyway, saves on Winblows are under AppData\Roaming\Strive for Power 2\saves. The .dat part has some general details, you want the .sav one. Not formatted for readibility, but plain text. No idea what needs to be changed, though, never found a reason to look for it. Will be there if doable, though.

Edit: Quick skim-through before bedtime, you want to mess with this field: "relatives": { }. The one I found populated in the save I have to look at was just for parents: {"father":"hid4180608004","mother":"hid1122234368"}

Presumably have to add brother/sister hids to both of the intended characters, I'd assume "brother" and "sister" to be valid values with appropriate hids. Have fun.

Last edited:
3.20 star(s) 45 Votes