a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Does the potion actually work? Didn't seem to have any effect when I used one on a slave. (Found as loot in a dungeon.)
I am just passing the update along and have not even played this new update.

Riviar

Mar 20, 2018
Does this have enough content at the moment to be worth playing? Can you reasonably progress with the story?

Also, how is the modding in here? The mod console pretty much only allows you to edit existing stuff, and in limited way, too. Is there a way to add stuff like new traits, events, reactions, etc?

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I don't seem to make any money -- it says I get gold from a combat, but my gold never changes.
You get very little gold that actually drops in combat. Most of the gold you get will come from selling items and resources you gather, quest rewards, and prostitution. You gain resources the fastest by clearing out dungeons. There is very large collection bonus that you get immediately after clearing a dungeon which makes gathering from a dungeon far superior to gathering from an infinite source. You could also craft items to sell but I'm not what sort of return that would give vs selling the raw materials.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Does this have enough content at the moment to be worth playing? Can you reasonably progress with the story?

Also, how is the modding in here? The mod console pretty much only allows you to edit existing stuff, and in limited way, too. Is there a way to add stuff like new traits, events, reactions, etc?
There is rather little Story in this game... but it's an open world Sandbox game and game mechanics are included to a degree that easily allow for nearly a hundred hours of entertainment
You get very little gold that actually drops in combat. Most of the gold you get will come from selling items and resources you gather, quest rewards, and prostitution. You gain resources the fastest by clearing out dungeons. There is very large collection bonus that you get immediately after clearing a dungeon which makes gathering from a dungeon far superior to gathering from an infinite source. You could also craft items to sell but I'm not what sort of return that would give vs selling the raw materials.
On the Plus side the rarest resources are actually limited to the infinite resource spots (i.e.Mytrhil), hopefully more once new locations are included... would love something like a Dragon Graveyard for Dragon Bones

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Some noteable changes I've noticed in this latest version:

1. The guild shop changes are an interesting change from the previous version. Closing off certain skills to require spending guild influence (or church influence) to purchase definitely slowed my early game progress way down.
2. Something also seems to have been done with Daisy to close off some of her options. Initially at least, you can't date her or fuck her and she can't work as a prostitute. Not sure if that's something that is still unlockable in this version, I haven't gotten very far yet.
3. Breeding seems to have been changed. My initial slave is the same race as me and even with me breeding with her every day she has produced zero kids after 2 weeks. I did not give her the breed sow ability but it wasn't required in previous versions for slaves that were the same race.
4. Some of the AOE skills seem less powerful than previous versions (the Caster ice AOE in particular seems a lot weaker). Some of them still seem the same, like the Druid Overgrowth AOE (it's stronger than the Caster ice AOE now)
5. Boosting authority/obedience/loyalty seems a lot harder than before.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
2. Something also seems to have been done with Daisy to close off some of her options. Initially at least, you can't date her or fuck her and she can't work as a prostitute. Not sure if that's something that is still unlockable in this version, I haven't gotten very far yet.
That's how it had been before actually... once you get her love confession Event those Options should get unlocked
3. Breeding seems to have been changed. My initial slave is the same race as me and even with me breeding with her every day she has produced zero kids after 2 weeks. I did not give her the breed sow ability but it wasn't required in previous versions for slaves that were the same race.
The changelog stated that pregnancy lasts 30 days now.
Was there a pregnancy confession Event in earlier Versions? Can't seem to recall any... the girls just one day pop a child

erkper

May 16, 2018
I am just passing the update along and have not even played this new update.
No problem, wasn't necessarily asking you specifically - just used the quote to get the oblivion potion info into my question. I can edit it to make it a more generic quote.

Sinisterheat

Nov 19, 2018
Anyone else having issues with the guild upgrade screen not going off? That seems to be my only complaint lol... It's a bit of a hinderance when trying to do other things. Is there some way to turn it off?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Anyone else having issues with the guild upgrade screen not going off? That seems to be my only complaint lol... It's a bit of a hinderance when trying to do other things. Is there some way to turn it off?
Close it by clicking on it again in the guild you open it with.

revus

May 27, 2017
can you not captue bandits anymore?
Some noteable changes I've noticed in this latest version:

same here. been at it for a month and still not even a bump on the character info.

Anexia

Dec 31, 2018
I don't know if this is just me, but both buttons for save and load template character just saves the character. The load links to save as well when clicked.

cdavid

Jan 11, 2019
when there are more than 5 or 6 options when assigning a minion a job - I am unable to scroll down to the choices off the bottom of the dialog box.

I can't see how to cast healing spells on my minions when back at the mansion after the fight.

I don't completely miss the trudging around the map from the previous version - but I do miss random encounters. I accepted a mission to kill wolves - then had to buy a dungeon to fulfill said quest

I also found it hard to get back to the basic list of the characters after I'd gone into something like travel

I like the guild options a lot more than last update - as well as the updates to the story.

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
when there are more than 5 or 6 options when assigning a minion a job - I am unable to scroll down to the choices off the bottom of the dialog box.

I can't see how to cast healing spells on my minions when back at the mansion after the fight.

I don't completely miss the trudging around the map from the previous version - but I do miss random encounters. I accepted a mission to kill wolves - then had to buy a dungeon to fulfill said quest

I also found it hard to get back to the basic list of the characters after I'd gone into something like travel

I like the guild options a lot more than last update - as well as the updates to the story.
1. I've always used the mousewheel here without a problem. Hopefully that works for you.
2. You can heal them up before returning home or inbetween each fight when on the location screen. Otherwise I have only ever used the masters ability to convert lust into health/mana for healing back at the mansion. Can also click on shards in the inventory to heal characters too.
3. Buying dungeons is pretty common thing to do. I buy 3-4 dungeons per game week. Best way to get resources.
4. I think I've just defaulted to clicking on Aliron then back to mansion to clear screens now. They are somewhat inconsistent. Some clear with a right-click, others you have to reclick the menu box to toggle them. Clicking aliron then mansion always goes to the default screen.

X3h0n

Jun 18, 2020
Anyone else having issues with the time gizmo at the top left of the mansion screen disappearing? It just f's off at times, especially when I have slaves at multiple locations. Going to the town tab and back seems to reset it, but It's quite annoying.

Also, I had the game screen disappear a short while after I turned off fullscreen mode. Editing the settings.ini in %appdata%/Strive for Power 2/ and changing both of the window_pos values to 0 fixed it for me for now.

I don't know if this is just me, but both buttons for save and load template character just saves the character. The load links to save as well when clicked.
The dev has cheekily reused the same window for loading and saving templates, but forgot to change the text. Loading works fine otherwise. Button on the left loads, on the right saves.

Nefty969

May 28, 2017
Anyone else having issues with the time gizmo at the top left of the mansion screen disappearing? It just f's off at times, especially when I have slaves at multiple locations. Going to the town tab and back seems to reset it, but It's quite annoying.

Also, I had the game screen disappear a short while after I turned off fullscreen mode. Editing the settings.ini in %appdata%/Strive for Power 2/ and changing both of the window_pos values to 0 fixed it for me for now.

The dev has cheekily reused the same window for loading and saving templates, but forgot to change the text. Loading works fine otherwise. Button on the left loads, on the right saves.
The disappearing time gizmo happens to me too, somtimes after travel, sometimes after looking at girl details.

The funny thing about save/load templates is they used the same windows and both say loading and contrary the symbols are both for saving. The load symbol should have an arrow up if I remember correctly.

X3h0n

Jun 18, 2020
The disappearing time gizmo happens to me too, somtimes after travel, sometimes after looking at girl details.

The funny thing about save/load templates is they used the same windows and both say loading and contrary the symbols are both for saving. The load symbol should have an arrow up if I remember correctly.
Yeah, seems like Maverik has reworked much of the UI this release. The file structure has been changed noticeably.

BeholdTheWizzard

Oct 25, 2017
Dungoes are boring... it's just fight after fight. In the old strive you could find stuff and avoid encounters. And what you find at the end is meh. A box. If you fail lockpicking, you get nothing. I the old one you could run across multiple chests and bash them open.

Also, the difficulty of paying the debt is bonkers.

X3h0n

Jun 18, 2020
Dungoes are boring... it's just fight after fight. In the old strive you could find stuff and avoid encounters. And what you find at the end is meh. A box. If you fail lockpicking, you get nothing. I the old one you could run across multiple chests and bash them open.

You're not actually supposed to pay off the debt. The first and second payment are doable, but the third is deliberately too high to pay off normally. I suggest focusing on doing quests, you should be able to pay off the first two payments with that and increasing reputation with the guild by doing quest will advance the main quest which will disable debt payments. Buy ingredients or requested quest items off the market if need to. Just make sure to spend the reputation points you get from completing quests at the guild. I recommend getting the more quest opportunities upgrade and maxing it out for each guild first. Just remember to configure the quests at the upgrade menu after every time you buy that upgrade.

Dungeons are pretty barebones atm, yeah. There are events that can happen while exploring dungeons that allow you to capture slaves and get treasure, but they're way too rare. You start succeeding picklocking at around 50-60 wits, the thief class also helps, but I prefer to train a good mage and just have them do it, since the thief class is kinda of a waste once you have high wits.

Reactions: Evangelion-01

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017

This is still alpha stage of game making.

Just keep everyone on 1 item like fish that way you can eat and sell what you need until you progress the main quest some.
Work on the main quest as soon as possible.

Nefty969

May 28, 2017
This is still alpha stage of game making.

Just keep everyone on 1 item like fish that way you can eat and sell what you need until you progress the main quest some.
Work on the main quest as soon as possible.
Yea, it´s pretty easy to pay off debt and get everybody some good gear, plus buying upgrade materials for rooms with just 5 or 6 people fishing. No need for travel or early dungeons.

3.20 star(s) 45 Votes