sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
since the thief class is kinda of a waste once you have high wits.
Whoa, hold your horses. You simply have to give Thief to your first will-be mage. Lockpick chances are abysmal without Thief, even with 120+ wits geniuses. There's too much good stuff in treasure chests, a Thief is a must-have for any proper dungeon delving - and your mages are the best thieves, this much is very true.

I'm not convinced by the new version btw... I'll forget about this game until next year (and probably, late into it).

X3h0n

Jun 18, 2020
Whoa, hold your horses. You simply have to give Thief to your first will-be mage. Lockpick chances are abysmal without Thief, even with 120+ wits geniuses. There's too much good stuff in treasure chests, a Thief is a must-have for any proper dungeon delving - and your mages are the best thieves, this much is very true.

I'm not convinced by the new version btw... I'll forget about this game until next year (and probably, late into it).
I haven't tested it that much in the current version, but in the previous version at about 80-90 wits picklocking was basically guaranteed to succeed. Maybe it has changed in the current version? As to the loot, the amounts generally aren't all that amazing. It can be a good way to equip your slaves at the start of the game, but later on it kinda stops being all that relevant. Although, that's more of a criticism of the current state of dungeons as a whole.

Yea, it´s pretty easy to pay off debt and get everybody some good gear, plus buying upgrade materials for rooms with just 5 or 6 people fishing. No need for travel or early dungeons.
I've found that focusing on quests is the best way to beat the debt. Do the first 4 quests -> buy more quests upgrades from the quild -> do the 8 new quests -> have enough rep to get the guild election support quest -> finish the election support quest before the 14th day -> never pay a dime of debt. At least that's the theory. I've been too busy messing with the game files. It does require decent charm factor from the master, but I've gotten the election support quest on the 7th day so it should be doable. You'll need to buy some stuff from the store to complete quests and need to get a bit lucky with quest conditions, however.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I haven't tested it that much in the current version, but in the previous version at about 80-90 wits picklocking was basically guaranteed to succeed. Maybe it has changed in the current version? As to the loot, the amounts generally aren't all that amazing. It can be a good way to equip your slaves at the start of the game, but later on it kinda stops being all that relevant. Although, that's more of a criticism of the current state of dungeons as a whole.

I've found that focusing on quests is the best way to beat the debt. Do the first 4 quests -> buy more quests upgrades from the quild -> do the 8 new quests -> have enough rep to get the guild election support quest -> finish the election support quest before the 14th day -> never pay a dime of debt. At least that's the theory. I've been too busy messing with the game files. It does require decent charm factor from the master, but I've gotten the election support quest on the 7th day so it should be doable. You'll need to buy some stuff from the store to complete quests and need to get a bit lucky with quest conditions, however.
That's typically the way I do it as well although I've found that to guarantee enough rep to get the support of all 4 guilds before day 14 you need to change from the easy quests to the medium ones. Maybe at high charm affinity you could get away with 2 easy quests per guild but at low charm affinity it's not enough.

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
in the previous version at about 80-90 wits picklocking was basically guaranteed to succeed
You might have missed my previous post, but:
- w/o thief: open chest = 5-10 + Wits/5 % (23-28% at wits 90)
- w/ thief: open chest = wits*4/5 + 10-20 % (90-100% at wits 100)

Good luck 'messing' with the game files... Fix the char sheets bugs while you're at it.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Version 0.3.2a, which fixes a lot of bugs (especially in the UI), is available .

As for the quest to get elected mayor, you do not need the support of all 4 guilds. You only need 3 out of 4, which is considerably easier to do.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Version 0.3.2a, which fixes a lot of bugs (especially in the UI), is available .

As for the quest to get elected mayor, you do not need the support of all 4 guilds. You only need 3 out of 4, which is considerably easier to do.
Yes but if you get all 4 you get a surprise.

maverikToday at 8:18 AM

Changelog:

0.3.2a

Added some additional clarity for upgrade material tooltip
Fixed repeatability of church quest
Fixed slave requrest descriptions to represent factor values as words when set so
Fixed seethrough underwear not being craftable
Fixed random fairy event showing wrong description
Fixed tribal elves not being breedable with other races
Fixed lamia race lacking short names causing some issues
Fixed bald hair having length description
Fixed oblivion potion
Fixed writ of exemption still relying on submision forcalculations
Fixed multiple GUI issues

X3h0n

Jun 18, 2020
You might have missed my previous post, but:
- w/o thief: open chest = 5-10 + Wits/5 % (23-28% at wits 90)
- w/ thief: open chest = wits*4/5 + 10-20 % (90-100% at wits 100)

Good luck 'messing' with the game files... Fix the char sheets bugs while you're at it.
That's not entirely true. While the math you gave is right, it's just the first part of the equation which is tested against the lock difficulty. So at 100 wits a character without the thief class can open a chest with 25 difficulty without ever failing and with the thief class that character can open a 90 difficulty chest without ever failing. Chest lock difficulty is randomly chosen between a max difficulty value and a min difficulty value. Currently all boss chests have a min difficulty of 10 and max of 25, almost all other chests also have a max of 25. Only event chests in bandit forts have a min difficulty of 30 and max of 60(boss chest is still 10-25). So a character with 100 wits can actually open almost all chests without the thief class at the moment, the thief class is only needed for the rare armory chests in bandit forts.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
However, the thief class is very useful in the first few days of the game to open those boss chests in the starter dungeons. The game is much, much harder if you have to pass on those contents. Each chest is guaranteed to have 1 Scroll of Knowledge (+100xp), a weapon or armor, and a costume item. From just one boss chest the weapons/armor and costume items, even if you might not be able to use them, will be worth several hundred gold when sold. And if you can use them then you're even further ahead.

X3h0n

Jun 18, 2020
However, the thief class is very useful in the first few days of the game to open those boss chests in the starter dungeons. The game is much, much harder if you have to pass on those contents. Each chest is guaranteed to have 1 Scroll of Knowledge (+100xp), a weapon or armor, and a costume item. From just one boss chest the weapons/armor and costume items, even if you might not be able to use them, will be worth several hundred gold when sold. And if you can use them then you're even further ahead.
Only if you're using a disposable slave for it. Not as a master or starting slave class. I generally get enough wits in about 10 days, so it's not generally not a big deal even then IMO.

borrowed

Feb 18, 2020
Anyone know why I tried using portraits and body image but instead it show up to my main character not my slaves and im using the old portraits and body from the old game? and how to change text size so it would be more readable for me feel like the text size around 9 or 8 for me

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
There is a UI bug in the details page (and on the class page too). When changing the selected character do so only on the main mansion page, not on the details or class pages. Otherwise alterations that you make will be applied to the wrong character. I made the developer aware of this issue in Discord about a half hour before your post here and it will be fixed in the next update.

As for font size, that's on his to-do list ... but it won't be happening for a while. The current priority, after fixing bugs, is adding new content to the game.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
This latest version seemed to introduce quite a few UI bugs. They're not game breaking though, just kind of annoying.

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
That's not entirely true.
Ah, you're absolutely right, I forgot that part.

I still disagree with your 'no Thief' strategy: early on, is when you can't afford to miss on that sweet Dragonbone axe (or bone dagger :cry:). Thief even gives +5 wits and some evasion to your mage, which is not a waste of XP.

Dorvo

Nov 4, 2018
Does anyone know how one can check submission stat of his subordinates?
I vaguely remember having a bar similiar to loyalty display in previous versions and I see a variable for that in code files, but can't find the way to look it up in game itself currently.

X3h0n

Jun 18, 2020
Does anyone know how one can check submission stat of his subordinates?
I vaguely remember having a bar similiar to loyalty display in previous versions and I see a variable for that in code files, but can't find the way to look it up in game itself currently.
Submission was removed in the latest major patch. If you found a reference to it, then that's either an un-updated description or an oversight from the dev.

Reactions: Dorvo

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
I set a new record for myself: became mayor (with all 4 guilds in support) on day 9. Wouldn't have been able to do so if I hadn't had Thief on my custom-built mage hireling.

erkper

May 16, 2018
Hey - how to reveal Daisy's sex traits?
Same way you reveal anyone else's traits I think - date her (after sex is unlocked) and when her bar is full, ask intimate question. If you're lucky you'll get one of her traits revealed.

I usually do the following on the date (seems pretty effective to get a positive result for revealing a trait):
Praise
Flirt x4
if bar isn't full yet, Pat Head until it is
Propose if you haven't had sex already (raises consent to 25 or 30)
Intimate Question
Train whatever stat is best with whatever turns are left.

portrapoodle

Jul 9, 2017
Same way you reveal anyone else's traits I think - date her (after sex is unlocked) and when her bar is full, ask intimate question. If you're lucky you'll get one of her traits revealed.

I usually do the following on the date (seems pretty effective to get a positive result for revealing a trait):
Praise
Flirt x4
if bar isn't full yet, Pat Head until it is
Propose if you haven't had sex already (raises consent to 25 or 30)
Intimate Question
Train whatever stat is best with whatever turns are left.
Was just confused if I did something wrong re:
"Daisy is very sweet and if you are nice to her she will give you something no other will get.
You just did Daisy the wrong way is all and missed out on her real story so far."

erkper

May 16, 2018
Was just confused if I did something wrong re:
"Daisy is very sweet and if you are nice to her she will give you something no other will get.
You just did Daisy the wrong way is all and missed out on her real story so far."
Daisy has two events that, if you play her supportively instead of harshly, she'll unlock sex and become just about the best hooker you could have, if you want to use her for that. Honestly not sure how she turns out if you play her harsh. Never tried it.

3.30 star(s) 44 Votes