Daekas

Jul 26, 2017
Seen some of the bad reviews, crying about lost content and that.
" does not represent main gameplay focus or content and should be treated as rough ideas. "
Did they even read that? Or is it really bad and "final" ?

Gutsandguts

Dec 9, 2017
So as of now how much content does this have compared to Strive For Power? Are there still pictures and whatnot for each character or it too early for that kinda stuff?

BeholdTheWizzard

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm.....I want to be constructive but I'm not sure what to say.

The new time system feel clunky..requires a lot of micro. Perhaps it should go back to 1-day intervals..or 4 8-hour phases?
Improving some stats becomes a lot harder (charm increases only by using social skills, which fighters/mages might not have. And it's a tiresome way to increase, by manually clicking.)

Frankly automated jobs (like in SfP1) sound like a far better idea then this drudge of constantly making groups and micromanaging them.

Last edited:

Adlai

Oct 24, 2019
I think it's primary purpose is so that species can interbreed. Giving breedsow to a Dragonkin(who have higher stats) for example will allow the children to inherit the stats from her and allow whatever species to be the father as well. Otherwise, only other dragonkin could breed with her.
I know. it's just, for the price of breeding sow you could get two to four other classes. In terms of utility, it's kind of subpar.

To make best use of breeder requires a lot of time and investment. So honestly, it's hard to justify the expense before.... pretty much anything else.

erkper

May 16, 2018
I know. it's just, for the price of breeding sow you could get two to four other classes. In terms of utility, it's kind of subpar.

To make best use of breeder requires a lot of time and investment. So honestly, it's hard to justify the expense before.... pretty much anything else.
Breed Sow seems like a long-term investment to me. Probably worth it later in game development when there is a long-running plot to work through. Right now though, you're done with pretty much everything the game has to offer (unless you just keep grinding dungeons and whatnot) long before breeding becomes particularly useful.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
So as of now how much content does this have compared to Strive For Power? Are there still pictures and whatnot for each character or it too early for that kinda stuff?
There is a completed prologue. There are pics for every character you meet. Current content ends when the prologue ends. But you can continue playing your story-mode game in sandbox style after you finish the prologue. Dev intends for you to be able to still play that save when new story content gets added in the next major release.

The star reviewers, mostly morons, fail to appreciate that the game is in an alpha/demo stage right now. It is not feature complete, and it's far from being story complete. Reviewing it as if it was is unfair. Comparing it to Strive 1, which is complete, on the basis of what features the sequel lacks is also unfair (and stupid). Current artwork for enemies are all placeholder (and taken/reused from Strive 1). The dev intends to have new art, but it's not a priority right now. More features and more story content are the priority.

The sequel has a much better UI, and the under-the-hood mechanics are better than in the original.

Adlai

Oct 24, 2019
If anything, the game seems more broken after the stealth patches.

So, I download the newest version and extracted it- loaded up a saved game, try to use a social skill and immediately, the game breaks.

I try starting a new game. Use praise. The game immediately breaks.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
That 3.2c is still causing problems doesn't surprise me. It's been pretty messy as far as releases go. It's broken more stuff than it's fixed, tbh. I'll pass your report on to the dev on the Discord. Thanks.

EDIT: dev says he needs a save to track down your problem(s). Make sure that you have a save(s) from right before the game breaks.

Last edited:

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
The star reviewers, mostly morons, fail to appreciate that the game is in an alpha/demo stage right now.
Gotta love the one that says "do not trust the other 5 star reviews because they're fans", gives a 1 star rate because gameizbad, even tho it acknowledges that it's just a test/demo, but still, gameizbad.

Honestly, reviews should be disabled for awhile, as they don't help at all, since whatever can be said of the "game" is explained on the OP, or as last minute update on the latest comments.

Personally, I'm enjoying immensely the new features.
Sure, micromanaging the teams going here and there just to dig/cut some loot is kinda tiresome (and really, not much worth), but I guess at some point there's going to be some events tied to it (I think Mav said something like that).
Some profession need adjustments, and some others could be replaced entirely with actual useful classes/skills ... but again, since everything is just testing out, a "bad" profession/skill might turn out useful later.

If anything... the only thing I really dislike, is the awful artwork.
SfP had some... average level (to be polite), the other game (Stranded?) had great artwork (tho I hated everything else in that game), and this "sequel" is kind of a step back... the Dwarf "art" is so bad, I avoid going to the worker's guild as much as possible.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
I mentioned the bad reviews to Mav a week or two ago. His reply was basically (paraphrasing): "I don't give a rat's ass what they say on F95". Anyone who cares about the sequel is going to be on his Discord, so anyone who's not...

Those of us that love this game, and I'm one of them, love it because of the gameplay. Not the art. Sure, better art would be nice. But the art would have to be much, much worse than it is to stop me from playing it. I just wish that he wouldn't break so much stuff every time he tries to fix something else. He's a decent game designer, but a good coder he's not. He's very responsive on his Discord and he listens to his Patrons (which is why I'm one of them).

Zaraz

Aug 6, 2019
Just wanted to say... huge fan of both Strive games. Love conquest and I hope ya'all be having a such a great time as I have with it. Just thanks :)

Reactions: AWolfe

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
So what's the timeline for the not-a-tech-demo release? Are they trying to have a full story done for release?
By definition until the main work of the core engine is done, which is hard to tell as a gamer.
Once they concentrate on adding flavor you are normally in the region of 0.1 upwards

• Wow
Reactions: regicide123

Gutsandguts

Dec 9, 2017
There is a completed prologue. There are pics for every character you meet. Current content ends when the prologue ends. But you can continue playing your story-mode game in sandbox style after you finish the prologue. Dev intends for you to be able to still play that save when new story content gets added in the next major release.

The star reviewers, mostly morons, fail to appreciate that the game is in an alpha/demo stage right now. It is not feature complete, and it's far from being story complete. Reviewing it as if it was is unfair. Comparing it to Strive 1, which is complete, on the basis of what features the sequel lacks is also unfair (and stupid). Current artwork for enemies are all placeholder (and taken/reused from Strive 1). The dev intends to have new art, but it's not a priority right now. More features and more story content are the priority.

The sequel has a much better UI, and the under-the-hood mechanics are better than in the original.
Nice, guess I'll flip a coin on whether or not I should play it now then. I only discovered the last game like a couple of weeks before this showed up and it was awesome.

Scratches the old Slave Maker itch.

BeholdTheWizzard

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm... an idea on how to improve the game:

1) you assign teams by simply clicking on a number in the slave list, assigning them a team number (Think Rimworld job priority)

2) you assign jobs/tasks to teams on a team level (example - mine, fish, extract resources from area, etc)

3) the team will auto-do the job, auto-picking best suitable candidate for each resource.

4) they will gather resources until they are full, then they return (team size and carry capacity matters). Stables can double carry cap?

5) for town jobs that don't require a specific world location, they will just do them.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Bear in mind that the game's dev does not read this thread. So you should make your suggestions on the game's Discord. You're just wasting your time and effort by posting it here.

3.30 star(s) 44 Votes