Nox_sopftpaw

Aug 10, 2017
depends on how you define an animal... the Beastkin is pretty animalistic and you can go full throttle with them... if you are referring to Wolfs/Wild dogs or horses I haven't seen anything
Yeah theres a perk that lets you play with I guess ferals and undead so was wondering if animals where an opation unless it's just a placeholder perk for later or not

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Yeah theres a perk that lets you play with I guess ferals and undead so was wondering if animals where an opation unless it's just a placeholder perk for later or not
In the first part you were able to construct a kennel and have a beastiality Option dureing H-trainings in the mansion... so maybe there will be a return of that at some point

Nox_sopftpaw

Aug 10, 2017
In the first part you were able to construct a kennel and have a beastiality Option dureing H-trainings in the mansion... so maybe there will be a return of that at some point
Yeah I saw you could make a stables so had hope but I guess I'll have to wait but then again seeing the pat sub opation means it's probly added in last or not at all.

Reactions: vaaf

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
This is my rebuttal to inaccurate comments posted in the reviews...

Joe Steel said:
Players are given too many options and too little resources, with a huge (read: impossible) debt payment due only two weeks into the game.
There is no impossible debt payment. It is fairly simple, once you understand the game's mechanics, to become the mayor of Aliron which negates the debt completely. I have done this as early as game day 9, and never needed to pay any part of the debt whatsoever (the first debt payment of 1000g is due on day 14 sometime after dawn). But even if you don't complete the prologue's quest it is still possible to earn enough money to pay the required amounts when they come due. Like many games, you may have to play it a few times to learn how things work. The debt is a plot element to motivate you to not sit on your ass doing nothing for weeks and weeks. And of course this is just for the game's story mode.

Hybris said:
It has less content (Removing loli and incest for example) and the interface is even harder to use
Because the game has a completely different story and start you cannot begin with a brother or sister. This is not the same thing as having no incest. Incest is in the game; you can have sex with your children. As for the UI, it is by far better than the UI of the first game, and getting better with each new version. If you have specific issues then I suggest that you join the Discord and express your views directly to the dev there.

DrDerpington said:
This game doesn't have any story. It's procedurally generated content.
The game does have a story. There is a completed prologue and the quests associated with it, and a continuation of the story past the prologue is coming soon. The procedural content exists so that you can obtain the gold and experience that you need to progress with the story.

Reactions: Evangelion-01

AdamJohn36

Feb 12, 2019
Because the game has a completely different story and start you cannot begin with a brother or sister. This is not the same thing as having no incest. Incest is in the game; you can have sex with your children. As for the UI, it is by far better than the UI of the first game, and getting better with each new version. If you have specific issues then I suggest that you join the Discord and express your views directly to the dev there.
I wanted to add more to your rebuttle. The customization of the starting slave is easy to make her your sister. Like with what i did in this example.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And with the addition of the add your own slave with the cheats. I even went one step further and created a mother for the main character and sister who started out as a peon and later i made her slave with a small backstory like this example.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: AWolfe

Adlai

Oct 24, 2019
There is no impossible debt payment. It is fairly simple, once you understand the game's mechanics, to become the mayor of Aliron which negates the debt completely. I have done this as early as game day 9, and never needed to pay any part of the debt whatsoever (the first debt payment of 1000g is due on day 14 sometime after dawn). But even if you don't complete the prologue's quest it is still possible to earn enough money to pay the required amounts when they come due. Like many games, you may have to play it a few times to learn how things work. The debt is a plot element to motivate you to not sit on your ass doing nothing for weeks and weeks. And of course this is just for the game's story mode.
I find this kinda silly, tbh. My first time touching the game, where I had no idea WTF I was doing, I still managed to get to the fourth or fifth debt repayment before I began to sweat enough to look for another solution. (It was like fifty days to make 100K, I think? I don't remember exactly because it's been a while)

Of course, even that isn't impossible if you've built up enough. I will admit though, that building up while the bank is taking lump sums out of you can be rather rough.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
It's one thing to give a game a bad review because it may legitimately deserve it for various reasons (a bad design or bad support or bad art or bad story or bad grammar, as many games have) and it's quite another to knock a game because the player is too stupid/lazy/clueless to try to understand how to play the game or go where their questions will be answered. Yes, this game has a learning curve, and parts are poorly explained (or not at all). But what part of this being a demo is unclear? Those who compare this game (which is in an early stage of development) to the first and knock it because of missing elements are idiots who are too stupid to grasp the concept of "demo" and those that knock it because it's not a clone of the first should just stick to the first game, shut up, and leave this one alone until this game is no longer in demo status. And while many aspects of the game are unclear if all that you have to go on is what's in the game and what can be read here in this thread, the game has an active Discord where the developer and fans (like me) are more than happy to answer questions.

That's why I felt compelled to rebut some of the asinine comments being made in the reviews. [/rant]

Reactions: Thuryspochen

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
The current version still has some annoying interface bugs but it's playable. As others have mentioned, it makes a lot more sense to become mayor than it does to try to repay the debt. It's pretty easy to play indefinitely without ever needing to make even a single payment. I do find the resource requirements for some of the base building set up in such a way that Magic Wood and to a lesser extent Thick Leather are huge bottlenecks and almost every other resource is easy to get, at least til you get to the level 3 buildings.

I find myself sending 3 slaves to go chop magic wood on around day 3 and pretty much stay there indefinitely. Most of the rest I can get clearing out bandit forts or just buy from the market. Thick leather I find myself doing the same with later as well.

Reactions: AWolfe
Dec 8, 2018
I've got a few questions about how the game works.

1. How can you get the portraits to be automatically applied to NPCs?

2. Are you able to interbreed between races? The lore for orcs say they can't, so I'm wondering if that is possible.

Adlai

Oct 24, 2019
2. Are you able to interbreed between races? The lore for orcs say they can't, so I'm wondering if that is possible.
Under most circumstances, no. The breeding sow class exists primarily to allow crossbreeding, but comes with some limitations. (Also reduces the pregnancy debuf, which is useful for slaves or peons that depend on phys to be useful.)

Humans can crossbreed with a few things though- primarily things like cat or bunny people. Basically, if you see a half-race in the character creator, assume it's half human and something else.

Reactions: GrigoriRasputin
Dec 8, 2018
Under most circumstances, no. The breeding sow class exists primarily to allow crossbreeding, but comes with some limitations. (Also reduces the pregnancy debuf, which is useful for slaves or peons that depend on phys to be useful.)

Humans can crossbreed with a few things though- primarily things like cat or bunny people. Basically, if you see a half-race in the character creator, assume it's half human and something else.
Hmmm, alright. That's a little disappointing since I liked the previous game's lax attitude about that. Ah well. Thanks for the response.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018

Hmmm, alright. That's a little disappointing since I liked the previous game's lax attitude about that. Ah well. Thanks for the response.
In my latest build I managed to crossbreed my Dark Elf Futanarie Player with several races without that trait though... for example a Taurus, Humans and a demoness, aswell as a half breed.
It seems the chances are rather low in crossbreeding, but not impossible.
The breeding sow trait only gives girls the normal fertility rate with all races and reduce the detriments from being pregnant

Adlai

Oct 24, 2019
In my latest build I managed to crossbreed my Dark Elf Futanarie Player with several races without that trait though... for example a Taurus, Humans and a demoness, aswell as a half breed.
It seems the chances are rather low in crossbreeding, but not impossible.
The breeding sow trait only gives girls the normal fertility rate with all races and reduce the detriments from being pregnant
I think that may be an oversight or glitch- but don't quote me on that.

Most the time, if you try to crossbreed, you can check the second window and it will say "Impregnation Incompatibility"
Which results in the impregnation check failing.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I think that may be an oversight or glitch- but don't quote me on that.

Most the time, if you try to crossbreed, you can check the second window and it will say "Impregnation Incompatibility"
Which results in the impregnation check failing.
Since I play in fullscreen I rarely look on the console window, can just say what I wittness.
That aside I believe that different Elf races can also cross breed, i.e. Elf, Dark Elf/Drow and Tirbal Elf/Dark Elf
One thing I hope we'll get for this game is the ability to breed full furry Characters, in Part one you got an half breed even if 2 Furry Characters of a different Sub Species bred, i.e. Wolf and Bunny (a trait like dominant genes that allows the child to inherit the furries appearance and racial traits only), maybe unlockable in a furry town/kindom, like the Northern region from Part 1

3.30 star(s) 44 Votes