sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
hey! i just played through strive 1 and its amazing
Well Strive2 has great ideas to renovate Strive1, but all you'll find are the groundworks so far.

Since these lands weren't plowed, nor tended in any way for a few months, should an 'abandoned' tag be attached to this thread? :unsure:

Reactions: Jamsalad

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I don't think it's abandoned, it's just a relatively slow dev cycle. I've seen at least 2 updates since I started playing this several months ago. I would bet that this dev has a full time "real job" and does this part time on the side.

Reactions: Jamsalad

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
I hope you're right.
However, Strive2 has been going in circles for a LONG time even without the 2-3 AWOL months. Let's wish I was being needlessly pessimistic.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I hope you're right.
However, Strive2 has been going in circles for a LONG time even without the 2-3 AWOL months. Let's wish I was being needlessly pessimistic.
The Game is still in the Alpha Phase... meaning the Dev is still trying different approaches on the basics of the game engine in order to create his new master piece.
Once we go from Alpha to Beta the game will likely develope much faster as most we'll see are new Characters and story arcs.
The Hardest part in these games is the foundation most of the time.
Was the same for part 1... just that the mechanics were much simpler compared to part 2

Reactions: AdamJohn36

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
I would bet that this dev has a full time "real job" and does this part time on the side.
According to a third party the patreon makes 3k$ a month, at the very least (1100+ cows, that much they can't hide).

Given the speed of development (and the scrapping of Displaced for reasons one might throw a suppostion or two about), I have, regrettably, lost my trust in this dev. It's just my own opinion and what little backs it. That's sad because the new mechanics kicked ass, and are an awesome papier-maché sell. :cry:

Reactions: big numbers

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
According to a third party the patreon makes 3k$ a month, at the very least (1100+ cows, that much they can't hide).

Given the speed of development (and the scrapping of Displaced for reasons one might throw a suppostion or two about), I have, regrettably, lost my trust in this dev. It's just my own opinion and what little backs it. That's sad because the new mechanics kicked ass, and are an awesome papier-maché sell. :cry:
Unless he lives in a very low cost of living area, $3k per month would still require a real job. After Patreon's cut and taxes, probably less than half of that is take home. That certainly wouldn't cover my mortgage payment let alone anything else.

Jul 29, 2019
I could've sworn that this looked better a few months ago, the UI changed a lot.. or maybe i'm thinking of the first game...but I could've sworn that this one was different..odd..

Nachtmusik

May 1, 2018
Unless he lives in a very low cost of living area, $3k per month would still require a real job. After Patreon's cut and taxes, probably less than half of that is take home. That certainly wouldn't cover my mortgage payment let alone anything else.
He lives in Belarus, where the average salary is $490. So he's basically living very good there, no worry.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
So the update basically wasn't an update? Got it!
At first glance I see at least 2 new types of dungeons, at least 1 new base facility and some bug fixes. I won't have time to actually play it til I'm done with work today so I don't know if there are other things.

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
Overview:
A tech demo of sequel for Strive for Power. This game represents core changes and mechanics of the second game, but does not represent main gameplay focus or content and should be treated as rough ideas.
Is this - after 15 months - still true? Is this a tech demo with no focus on gameplay or content?

Reactions: Hinjunn

Jon564

Jul 20, 2017
Does anyone have a busts folder like the previous game? I misplaced mine

I mean a folder with pictures that matches the descriptions of the characters, Someone made a really big collection for the previous installment, can't find it.

Nox_sopftpaw

Aug 10, 2017

Given the fact most of us have no idea how much they make off the game after Patreon takes their cut, plus the fact that at anytime Patreon could take it all away at anytime cus of some of the tags listed in this forum, let alone the some hints to stuff to come in the update just cus people want to give some money to a dev doesn't mean they can just rely on that for their income. Seeing how it can just be taken away or challaged at anypoint and could be really bad for them

Reactions: LostAtAnchor

The Butler

May 3, 2017

I mean a folder with pictures that matches the descriptions of the characters, Someone made a really big collection for the previous installment, can't find it.
I did made some big packs for the previous game...
I was porting it for this game however.... shit happened...
HDD broke and many stuff was gone with it, even packs which I didn't released which were basically cleaned images and fixed images.

I think I'll start reworking on it now as I'm not really focused in any game.

erkper

May 16, 2018

Packs from the first game work with this one too.

Jon564

Jul 20, 2017
I did made some big packs for the previous game...
I was porting it for this game however.... shit happened...
HDD broke and many stuff was gone with it, even packs which I didn't released which were basically cleaned images and fixed images.

I think I'll start reworking on it now as I'm not really focused in any game.
Cool man, let us know!

Packs from the first game work with this one too.
Thanks, i managed to make it work.

The_fallen_dragon

Jun 15, 2017
How differently does this play from the first game? IS the MC still a mage and if has their been any significant improvements to the combat actually letting us use magic for more than just altering the girls?

3.30 star(s) 44 Votes