AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
That's a problem that has been reported to the dev multiple times in Discord. He's aware of it and you'll just have to wait until the next hotfix is released. I don't know when that will be, but I'd bet sometime this afternoon/evening.

Oddly, only a few people seem to be having this problem. I praise often and it works just fine for me.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Stealth hotfix uploaded to . Discord users reporting that the problem is now gone.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I don't mind the fairly light amount of content so far. It's still in the "tech demo" phase. For such an early stage I find the UI to be MUCH more intuitive than the previous game and even with the fairly short storyline it has so far, the sandbox elements and the randomly generated dungeons mean you can still play for hours after completing the current story content. I had trouble playing the previous game due to confusing UI issues. So even though the previous game has a lot more content, I like this version better already.

buttfart

Jan 9, 2018
View attachment 895980

stuck at there anyone know how to make it unstuck?
reopen the game and load your latest save, pass the time for a few hours, make a save and attempt to disciplene the slave, after that it shouldn't bring that box up

It does that when you try to use the discipline/praise/whatever commands right after you have someone travel. Its really annoying
Sometimes turning in a quest or selling a slave will fix it, but the easiest is just passing a few turns imo

sivanti

Apr 24, 2019
Seem to be getting this error every time i attempt to praise anyone now, any help on how to fix it?
reopen the game and load your latest save, pass the time for a few hours, make a save and attempt to disciplene the slave, after that it shouldn't bring that box up

It does that when you try to use the discipline/praise/whatever commands right after you have someone travel. Its really annoying
Sometimes turning in a quest or selling a slave will fix it, but the easiest is just passing a few turns imo
fast and furious fix, that might or might not produce errors.
find the file "InteractiveMessageModuleAnimated.gd" in the "gamefolder"\gui_modules\Universal\Scripts and open it with notepad++, in line 77 find "elif !scene.has", remove the "!" leaving it as "elif scene.has"; and the problem dissapears.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
when choose any race (change from human to other) in creation menu, parameters like skin, eyes, hair colors and e.t. doesn't change.
Download the latest version from itch.io.

Aggro

May 30, 2017
View attachment 895980

stuck at there anyone know how to make it unstuck?
Seem to be getting this error every time i attempt to praise anyone now, any help on how to fix it?
fast and furious fix, that might or might not produce errors.
find the file "InteractiveMessageModuleAnimated.gd" in the "gamefolder"\gui_modules\Universal\Scripts and open it with notepad++, in line 77 find "elif !scene.has", remove the "!" leaving it as "elif scene.has"; and the problem dissapears.
I found this too. Theres a work around in game where if you go to the town and talk to a guild lead then go back the problem is resolved. Pretty round about way though. Only thing I can come up with is it isn't properly loading the command when it needs too. Bug can also happen if you just start up the game. You have to talk to the Guild head before anything else by the way.

malevus

Oct 4, 2017
Nice, guess I'll flip a coin on whether or not I should play it now then. I only discovered the last game like a couple of weeks before this showed up and it was awesome.

Scratches the old Slave Maker itch.
Just play through Strive a couple times. I've had to reinstall like three times now because I stupidly deleted it thinking I was done playing it.

Fezz240

Oct 20, 2018
Whenever I try to run the game, the console prints this and the game won't start. Does anyone have a solution? 1.png

Anonymousnone

May 28, 2019
Whenever I try to run the game, the console prints this and the game won't start. Does anyone have a solution? View attachment 907962
it might be a file that didn't get extracted, so if you haven't deleted the rar or zip file (whatever one you use) find it, put it into your strive 2 folder and (hopefully you use winrar) right click the file then click extract here hopefully that fixes it

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Is there going to be an android port of this version of the game?
Porting the UI menus to a small phone screen means restructuring the entire interface. I highly doubt the dev will take the time to do this, or has any desire to do so. There are much more important things for him to be spending his time on.

IgnisDominus

Sep 3, 2018
I have a problem when using the skills inside the mansion after loading a game, the game screen always freezes or the HUB changes

3.30 star(s) 44 Votes