roland

Jul 1, 2017
found something , Mainquest finished so far (mayor election)

after using i.e. Praise in the Masion > Pic jump to the City and game freezes

Godot Engine v3.2.1.stable.official -
OpenGL ES 2.0 Renderer: GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER/PCIe/SSE2

Game Version: 0.3.2c
**SCRIPT ERROR**: Invalid call. Nonexistent function 'get_node' in base 'Nil'.
At: res://gui_modules/Universal/Scripts/InteractiveMessageModuleAnimated.gd:77: open() - Invalid call. Nonexistent function 'get_node' in base 'Nil'.

happens on all saves, Game re-installed > same

oh, new game got no error...........but i dont wanna start again :D

aaahm......startet a new game, dont know why.....just loaded a save with the error..........error gone ........ theres some magic around here ?

Last edited:

The Butler

May 3, 2017
found something , Mainquest finished so far (mayor election)

after using i.e. Praise in the Masion > Pic jump to the City and game freezes

Godot Engine v3.2.1.stable.official -
OpenGL ES 2.0 Renderer: GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER/PCIe/SSE2

Game Version: 0.3.2c
**SCRIPT ERROR**: Invalid call. Nonexistent function 'get_node' in base 'Nil'.
At: res://gui_modules/Universal/Scripts/InteractiveMessageModuleAnimated.gd:77: open() - Invalid call. Nonexistent function 'get_node' in base 'Nil'.

happens on all saves, Game re-installed > same

oh, new game got no error...........but i dont wanna start again :D

aaahm......startet a new game, dont know why.....just loaded a save with the error..........error gone ........ theres some magic around here ?
I had the same issue which fixed itself bu restarting the game, creating a new game and bam!
My supposed to be corrupt save started working again...

BTW- Itch.io game version is 4.0d.

OP should eb updated.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Yes, you can use the same images from the first game. Just have to copy them into the new games files structures in your user directory.
You need to remeber though, that "Drows" became "Dark Elves" and "Dark Elves" became "Tribe Elves" now

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I know there's a bunch of fan made profile and body pics, but IMO the dev should really either make a few of his own for each race and sex or pic a few from the fan made pacs and include those as basically the default pics. I downloaded a bunch of pics for mine but there are still races that I have found zero pics for and some of the races I do have pics for don't have any males. So a lot of times I'll have to go searching through the unfiltered list of pics I have to find one that kind of sort of makes sense. For instance I might use a gnome pic for a dwarf since I don't have any dwarf pics. That sort of thing.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
I know there's a bunch of fan made profile and body pics, but IMO the dev should really either make a few of his own for each race and sex or pic a few from the fan made pacs and include those as basically the default pics. I downloaded a bunch of pics for mine but there are still races that I have found zero pics for and some of the races I do have pics for don't have any males. So a lot of times I'll have to go searching through the unfiltered list of pics I have to find one that kind of sort of makes sense. For instance I might use a gnome pic for a dwarf since I don't have any dwarf pics. That sort of thing.
I think a better option might honestly be to go with a "paper doll" system by default with the option for custom profiles in addition to that. I don't know how easy that would be with the various non-human races in the game, but it would help to give everything some consistency. It's not just the missing races/traits/whatnot, but the fact that these image packs are just a random assortment of pictures from a bunch of different sources that clearly don't feel like they're all part of the same game. Even a relatively bland-looking paper doll artstyle would be fine, since the current default is "literally no pictures at all" anyway.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Given the size of most these galleries it would blow the DL size out of proportions for flavor effects that might be unwanted by others... if you don't like the pictures chosen you'll feel this especially.
I think a better option might honestly be to go with a "paper doll" system by default with the option for custom profiles in addition to that. I don't know how easy that would be with the various non-human races in the game, but it would help to give everything some consistency. It's not just the missing races/traits/whatnot, but the fact that these image packs are just a random assortment of pictures from a bunch of different sources that clearly don't feel like they're all part of the same game. Even a relatively bland-looking paper doll artstyle would be fine, since the current default is "literally no pictures at all" anyway.
The Work a Paperdoll System takes even in an established engine meant to support this seems to be quiet some hassle already.
And what would it help?
Either you make a Standard body (clothed) and put racial features on it or you need to invest more time to also include a clothing system, which is likely demanded if you started such a project... than you need to take the different body shapes, sizes, hair and Eye colours into consideration.
All these features need to be placed with coordinates and additional features like tails and ears need to be placed based on the above criterias for each character.

So a whole lot of Work for something that isn't really the main focus of the game to begin with.
But maybe if a modder with quiet some free time and ambitions offers such a mod...

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
The Work a Paperdoll System takes even in an established engine meant to support this seems to be quiet some hassle already.
And what would it help?
Either you make a Standard body (clothed) and put racial features on it or you need to invest more time to also include a clothing system, which is likely demanded if you started such a project... than you need to take the different body shapes, sizes, hair and Eye colours into consideration.
All these features need to be placed with coordinates and additional features like tails and ears need to be placed based on the above criterias for each character.

So a whole lot of Work for something that isn't really the main focus of the game to begin with.
But maybe if a modder with quiet some free time and ambitions offers such a mod...
I meant just for the faces, not the full body. Basically just a way to automatically generate profile pictures in place of the ones people import, which is what was being discussed. And the purpose is to help tell your slaves (and, perhaps more importantly, potential slaves) apart at a glance instead of needing to check the descriptions each time you see a new one, especially since the imported pictures often don't match up with the descriptions at all and are only chosen by race despite being tagged with things like hair color. (At least that was the case in Strive 1. It was so counterproductive that I stopped using it and haven't even tried it in Strive 2.) It was particularly frustrating in the first game not knowing which bandits I wanted to collar without having to check the descriptions of each one I encountered.

In its simplest form, a system like this would just require layering a bunch of sprites on top of each other to create a simplistic portrait that nonetheless lets you tell what physical appearance traits a character has without having to go into a deeper menu. And it would certainly be a lot less work than what the other person suggested, which is to manually make a portrait for each one.

Last edited:
Reactions: rcbcgreenpanzer

Elona Spiral

Aug 31, 2020
I meant just for the faces, not the full body. Basically just a way to automatically generate profile pictures in place of the ones people import, which is what was being discussed. And the purpose is to help tell your slaves (and, perhaps more importantly, potential slaves) apart at a glance instead of needing to check the descriptions each time you see a new one, especially since the imported pictures often don't match up with the descriptions at all and are only chosen by race despite being tagged with things like hair color. (At least that was the case in Strive 1. It was so counterproductive that I stopped using it and haven't even tried it in Strive 2.) It was particularly frustrating in the first game not knowing which bandits I wanted to collar without having to check the descriptions of each one I encountered.

In its simplest form, a system like this would just require layering a bunch of sprites on top of each other to create a simplistic portrait that nonetheless lets you tell what physical appearance traits a character has without having to go into a deeper menu. And it would certainly be a lot less work than what the other person suggested, which is to manually make a portrait for each one.
This has been done in a game I like to play, Lust Doll Plus. It works pretty well for the game, my character looks decent.
LD+ Character.PNG
That game allows you to create furry characters so the beast races are covered.
Still I don't think it would work well for the more exotic monster races like Arachnes.

It will take some work to implement a system like this.

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
I will just say I personally love the 'do it yourself' image system. If this game was enforced anime characters I honestly wouldn't play it. There could be a number of great gameplay games on this site that I completely skip over because of the anime style art. Giving people the option to put in the pictures they like is a huge benefit to this game imo. I have no trouble finding a DnD artwork character pic on the internet and cropping it to work in the game.

Reactions: Evangelion-01

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I recently stumbled into a nice way to bypass the magic wood bottleneck I used to run into for both my main character and most of my slaves when it comes to advancement. This is probably obvious to some people but it didn't occur to me until today. Going from Terrible to Poor requires regular wood which is pretty easy to come by. Going from Poor to Average requires Magic Wood which is a huge pain to get since ALL sources of magic wood are a long distance away. Going from Average to Good requires Iron Wood which is pretty plentiful and once you can clear out the Bandit Forts, very close to base.

So until recently it was pretty common for me to have a bunch of slaves stuck with a bunch of stats at poor while I sat on several hundred Iron Wood and zero Magic Wood. My solution? I cycle all of my slaves with good or better growth through clearing out first the bandit dens and then when they're strong enough, the bandit forts. As they get xp I spend wood to upgrade any terrible stats to poor, then grab class upgrades to boost as many poor stats as possible to average for free, then use iron wood to boost those to good.

By the time you get 5-10 slaves boosted to where most of their stats are good this way you should have started accumulating some Oblivion potions. So you can use those to reset everyone's classes that you've bumped stats up in this way. This will reset those good stats back to average so you can then bump those up to good with iron wood again. You've now boosted most of your stats from terrible or poor up to good without using any magic wood and the freebie classes have been reset so you can save those to boost you to excellent later. You do lose the xp from the classes you're resetting but you get so much xp from the bandit forts that it's trivial to recover that.

This way you can save that precious magic wood for base upgrades and the stats that don't have free class bonuses. Using this method in my current game I wound up with my main character and about 15 slaves with good or great growth and every stat that has a class freebie boosted to good or better without using any magic wood by the end of the first week. So my minimum physical, magic, charisma, sex, and tame stat for anyone is good. Wits and Timid require magic wood unless you wait to unlock the class upgrades locked behind the guild shop but I don't consider that worth the wait.

After the first reset I like to save the class upgrades until I can use them to get to excellent rather than great since that final stat boost is so expensive otherwise. Doing it this way I can get away with waiting til week 2 before I start clearing out any ancient jungles and just focus on upgrading my base and all of my people the first week.

Last edited:

ThunderL

Jul 17, 2019
is there a reason for why im getting the console when i start the .exe? the console comes up and the game also starts but if i close the console itll close the game. i just want to know why it opens the console with the exe

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
is there a reason for why im getting the console when i start the .exe? the console comes up and the game also starts but if i close the console itll close the game. i just want to know why it opens the console with the exe
The engine basically compiles the game the game while its launching. Just ignore the 'console' window. It's really only there for debugging if you start running into errors. It is part of the engine though so you can't just close it. It will close on its own when you exit the game.

Reactions: ThunderL

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
man i hope for some update sooon, this game was a hidden jewel
Well, according to Patreon there was a 0.4.1 released just three days ago, so it's just a matter of when it gets posted here. I don't know if the version on itch.io is the most recent version overall or just the most recent "free" version, since there's no update number listed on that site, but it apparently got updated three days ago as well:

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
on itch.io is version 0.4.1a, although not sure about "demo" suffix, maybe something was cut from free version

3.30 star(s) 44 Votes