erkper

May 16, 2018
on itch.io is version 0.4.1a, although not sure about "demo" suffix, maybe something was cut from free version
It always has the "demo" suffix, and likely will until he decides his development is complete. But I agree the OP here should be updated with the new version.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
on itch.io is version 0.4.1a, although not sure about "demo" suffix, maybe something was cut from free version
The fact that it's not finished means it's a demo. The only problem is that the site itself just calls it "demo" and not "demo v0.4.1a ", so I couldn't be sure.

Shadow Song

Feb 5, 2018
Is this a good time to play? it says demo so I think very little content? or is it just a demo in the sense its incomplete like 99 percent of games on here?

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
Is this a good time to play? it says demo so I think very little content? or is it just a demo in the sense its incomplete like 99 percent of games on here?
The prologue of the story is complete, and there's enough extra with the sandbox design to warrant trying it, but it's far from a complete game yet.

NajaNaga

Jan 28, 2021
Depends on your patience for goofing around building characters and grinding RNG content. Like Anubis said, the actual story only goes so far but you can entertain yourself after that for as long as your patience lasts.

This is the kind of game you'll probably end up wanting to start over several times anyway, especially since the storyline's cash time limits can be kind of punishing if you don't already know what you're doing. IME anyway.

lucas771

Jan 22, 2018
A fun management game, but the game is almost worthy of the 'no sexual content' tag, so take that for what it's worth. Games like these have tons of potential though and this one has gained my attention above some of the others like Fort of Chains or No Haven.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
A fun management game, but the game is almost worthy of the 'no sexual content' tag, so take that for what it's worth. Games like these have tons of potential though and this one has gained my attention above some of the others like Fort of Chains or No Haven.
There is A LOT of sexual content though... it's just completly text based aside of a few story Events.

mecha_froggy

Oct 17, 2018
Yes, but you'll want to play the original Strive for Power (which is 100% complete) first to get the gist of what's going on here. It's like comparing D&D to Advanced D&D. Get the basics down before moving on to this, more complex version.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
Yes, but you'll want to play the original Strive for Power (which is 100% complete) first to get the gist of what's going on here. It's like comparing D&D to Advanced D&D. Get the basics down before moving on to this, more complex version.
The only issue I had was with the UI, which is somewhat different from the previous title so playing that wouldn't really help.
Of course you could still play the original simply because it was good game, but I don't think it's necessary to succeed here.

Riviar

Mar 20, 2018
There is A LOT of sexual content though... it's just completly text based aside of a few story Events.
The sexual content that exists gets really boring super fast. While you can have sex at every step, I don't see why you would be tempted. So to me, too, the sexual content in this game is functionally borderline nonexistent due to being so boring.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
The sexual content that exists gets really boring super fast. While you can have sex at every step, I don't see why you would be tempted. So to me, too, the sexual content in this game is functionally borderline nonexistent due to being so boring.
It's still there, whether you're tempted or not.
Text-based certainly isn't for everyone but you can't tag a game "no sexual content" just because the content doesn't appeal to you.

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
anyone having problem with Workers reputation? finishing first quest for them gives reputation, but after that reputation doesn't adds, tried multiple times/quests/restart - same thing
other guilds work no problem, version 0.4.1a

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Ran into a bug in the latest version that I'm not sure if it's specific to the worker faction or whether it's one of the new types of quests. I completed all 4 of the initial quests from the notice board in week 1 and I got the expected amount of faction with the fighter, servant, and mage guilds, but I got zero faction with the workers. I didn't notice whether I got any of the other quest rewards (money/items/etc) from that quest.

Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
It's still there, whether you're tempted or not.
Text-based certainly isn't for everyone but you can't tag a game "no sexual content" just because the content doesn't appeal to you.
Bad faith argument. The problem isn't being text based. The problem is that the sexual content is bland, impersonal and procedurally generated from a keywords database. The Era games do this much better due to a more flexible system and unique dialogue for nearly every character.

This game has a long way to go before being remotely titillating.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Bad faith argument. The problem isn't being text based. The problem is that the sexual content is bland, impersonal and procedurally generated from a keywords database. The Era games do this much better due to a more flexible system and unique dialogue for nearly every character.

Doesn't matter wether or not the dialogues dureing intercourse could be improved the fact that a sex system with alternating text for different Partners (Gender and Physicues) is in existence is sufficient proof that the "no sexual content" tag would be utterly misplaced for this game... and that's where the basic argument is still standing.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017

Stating that there undeniably is sexual content is arguing in bad faith? Seriously?
I never made any claims about the quality of the sex system, I merely pointed out that it's there, so your issues with the scenes are completely irrelevant to my point.

3.30 star(s) 44 Votes