-GG-

Apr 30, 2019
Hi,
I experience some problem aswell, with a graphic bug : the skills icons (social and combat) don't seems to load (either on the mansion or during fights), it's not happening 100% of the time but when it's happen, even if I try to load another save or relaunch the game the bug persist... Other times : no problem everything work properly, I know it's not game breaking but for sure it's not that enjoyable.

Are someone managed to fix that ? Maybe there is a command to re-load the icons or something ? Sorry if the question have already been asked.

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
Hi,
I experience some problem aswell, with a graphic bug : the skills icons (social and combat) don't seems to load (either on the mansion or during fights), it's not happening 100% of the time but when it's happen, even if I try to load another save or relaunch the game the bug persist... Other times : no problem everything work properly, I know it's not game breaking but for sure it's not that enjoyable.

Are someone managed to fix that ? Maybe there is a command to re-load the icons or something ? Sorry if the question have already been asked.
never encountered such bug, even after prolonged game, any errors popup in console window?
also, did you try to unequip and reequip those skills (right click on skill slot -> clear, right click again and select skill)? although if even restarting game doesn't help... maybe try to redownload latest version (version 109 on itch.io for win64, displayed as 0.4.1b ingame) and do clean install - unpack game in new folder without overwriting old files and delete "Strive for Power 2" folder from AppData\Roaming\

Reactions: -GG-

-GG-

Apr 30, 2019
Well lucky me, atm I experience this bug ^^ it's looking like that:

WARNING: BaseButton's Enabled Focus Mode property has been deprecated due to redundancy and will be removed in Godot 4.0. Please use Control.set_focus_mode instead.
At: scene/gui/base_button.cpp:329
SCRIPT ERROR: temp_e_simple.apply: Invalid get index 'duration' (on base: 'Dictionary').
At: res://src/classes/temp_effect_simple.gd:46

(Not sure this is about what I experience... ^^)

Yeah re-equip/unequip don't do the trick :/.

I guess clearing appdata is the better lead atm, because this bug was already present with the last version I downloaded (I was waiting for the game to have a ton of content before trying it ^^).

Anyways thanks a lot for the help, I should try that in 20-30 minutes :).

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
first warning can be ignored, but that script error certainly shouldn't be there and could be related
if problem still persist - try asking on their discord, dev quite active with helping fix bugs

-GG-

Apr 30, 2019
So far re-installing the game managed to do the trick, will see if the bug occur again ^^. Thanks a lot :)

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Found another quest bug in the latest version. If you do the hard quests, sometimes the game doesn't give you any quests at all for the servants. The others work fine and sometimes it does give you a quest for the servants as well but I think at least one of the quest types for the servants is either missing or bugged for the hard missions.

I think one of the hard fighters missions is also bugged because sometimes the quest reward gives you less than 200 reputation with the fighter's guild for a hard mission when every other hard mission I've seen gives you more like 350-500. I think one of the hard fighter's missions is incorrectly giving you an easy mission instead of a hard one.

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
Found another quest bug in the latest version. If you do the hard quests, sometimes the game doesn't give you any quests at all for the servants. The others work fine and sometimes it does give you a quest for the servants as well but I think at least one of the quest types for the servants is either missing or bugged for the hard missions.

I think one of the hard fighters missions is also bugged because sometimes the quest reward gives you less than 200 reputation with the fighter's guild for a hard mission when every other hard mission I've seen gives you more like 350-500. I think one of the hard fighter's missions is incorrectly giving you an easy mission instead of a hard one.
Do you still have a quest open from the previous week? The Quest number is now the maximum limit you can have rather than just how many new quests you get each week. I noticed that on the servants quests where they are working for 9 days, you won't get another new quest from the guild on the following week since that quest is still 'open'.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Do you still have a quest open from the previous week? The Quest number is now the maximum limit you can have rather than just how many new quests you get each week. I noticed that on the servants quests where they are working for 9 days, you won't get another new quest from the guild on the following week since that quest is still 'open'.
No, I had all quests completed and only got 3 new ones at the beginning of the week. Fortunately I save the day before so I just reloaded until it gave me 4. It'll be interesting to see what happens the next week when I should get 8. I've only had it do that for the hard quests. For the easy and medium quests I've never had it fail to give me a quest for each guild. I suspect the hard quests just weren't tested as much. Some of them are impossible in the first couple of weeks unless you save scum so I normally do the medium quests in week 2 anyway but I wanted to try the hard ones this time.

Gutsandguts

Dec 9, 2017
How exactly do you cheat gold in this? Because I'm editing the save file and it SAYS I have 2000 gold on the load screen but when I load the save it's 20 and I fail.
I'm editing the DAT file, can't make sense of the SAV but it seems to be about stats and stuff, couldn't find the amount of gold I have anywhere.

EDIT nevermind, for whatever reason it's gold in the DAT file but money in the SAV file, made them both the same and it's worked now.

Khaitoh

Feb 28, 2018
Kinda pointless with the cheats but there's a Duplicate Equip (Tools, Weapons, Armors, Costumes) Bug... When you click on Upgrades, then click on any upgrades, then Craft, then Inventory, you can spam click any Tools, Weapons, Armors, or Costume you have in your inventory (Not equipped) and it will be duplicated.

Also Healer Class' Resurrect seems to not work.

Last edited:

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I do like the new "work" quest options since I'd rather send a developed slave out to work for awhile and get her back then lose her permanently but it would be nice if the work duration never exceeded 6 days so it doesn't interfere with the next week's quests. I reload if I get one that lasts 9 days for instance since not getting a new quest the next week is roughly equivalent to failing the current week's quest.

I still think the forge tools upgrade could use a cost reduction. That upgrade is crazy expensive for the small benefit it provides, and by the time I get them I'm usually finished with almost every other base upgrade anyway making it a pointless upgrade.

One other option I'd like to see is some way to upgrade a slave's growth stat. I would assume this should be really expensive since that's the most important stat, but my Daisy wants to be all she can be...

Last edited:

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
Hallo anyone know how to create a new race?
don't know about making new race as a mod, but through editing game files it's rather simple, you only need to edit 5 files using base races as example to add new one - just search for one of base races, copy-paste related sections and edit to your liking
\assets\data\races.gd
\assets\data\ResourceImages.gd
\assets\data\worlddata.gd
\src\sexdescriptions.gd
\localization\en\main.gd

DJ531512

Dec 11, 2018
don't know about making new race as a mod, but through editing game files it's rather simple, you only need to edit 5 files using base races as example to add new one - just search for one of base races, copy-paste related sections and edit to your liking
\assets\data\races.gd
\assets\data\ResourceImages.gd
\assets\data\worlddata.gd
\src\sexdescriptions.gd
\localization\en\main.gd
Thanks!!!

GandiIV

Sep 28, 2017
Hey guys am I the only one with uppercase problem ? Dialogue options are like this too, "DIALOGUEOPTION1" "DIALOGUEOPTION2" "DIALOGUEOPTION3" etc

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ardlan

Mar 29, 2018
Hey guys am I the only one with uppercase problem ? Dialogue options are like this too, "DIALOGUEOPTION1" "DIALOGUEOPTION2" "DIALOGUEOPTION3" etc

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
A clear dunno if you are the only one.
But what you are seeing there are the labels which get replaced if a corresponding entry exists in the localization file (localization/en/main.gd).
If there is no corresponding entry you will get the labels like in your screenshot.

You can try the attached file (don't forget to unzip since I can't attach the gd File directly) but I am not sure if it is the only problem you have there.
You can also try to redownload the game.

3.30 star(s) 44 Votes