erkper

May 16, 2018
How's this sequel stacking up against the previous game, in your opinion?
In terms of gameplay, UI, depth, sex, combat etc
Haven't played this version yet, which sounds like the story has been expanded (which is good.) But up to this point, IMO the UI, depth, combat, general gameplay are all significantly improved from the previous game. (At the very least, significantly more complicated.) Sex is pretty much exactly the same - mostly text-based - and the story is much less developed than the original (which makes sense at this stage.)

NajaNaga

Jan 28, 2021
Yeah, besides the story being unfinished and not that many unique recruitable characters yet, I think Conquest is shaping up to be a big improvement over the original by the time it's at a similar level of completion.

Some of the classes are a little redundant right now (some seem to just give the same few social skills and no unique function, like maids kept the mansion clean in previous game) but for the most part I like having a ton of options for character building.

I do wish the monster slave merchant didn't (usually) sell such crap-tier recruits, but I have a feeling you're probably mostly meant to randomly get them as dungeon rewards in this game. So if you do buy one, it's as a long term investment where you really, really want that character and are going to upgrade them yourself.

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
How's this sequel stacking up against the previous game, in your opinion?
In terms of gameplay, UI, depth, sex, combat etc
I'll provide another POV.
I would call conquest inferior in almost every mentioned way. Tackier? would be the word that comes to mind.

- The only saving grace, the Real-time aspect, is also what undermines the project. The need to send girls 6+ hours away to work, implies you cannot train them - including sex them - after you did.
- The fights would be better, but are much slower than strive, and not really great-looking.
- The classes are interesting, yet the best are locked initilally - condemning your MC and early characters to go with crappy classes he'll be stuck with forever.
- Interface, in particular, is inferior alll the way. The amount of clicking, the delays, the bugs... Where to even start?
Try out the scrapped Displaced for a better read on the above

Keep in mind this is based on a version I tried over 6 months ago.
Call me the devil's advocate, leaving room for others to go more in depth about the actual improvements that doubtlessly took place since then. That will also help me try the latest version, with a lesser fear of disappointment.

Last edited:

Pienator

Sep 22, 2019
To chime in, it improves on some things, but things like no sex/rape after combat really kills some of the fun for me, especially considering there's a trait that restores hp based on sex. Capturing slaves is also incredibly hard, I've played for several hours today and I only found 1 slave.

PS, the dude above me is wrong, you can buy a potion that clears your classes from the mages guild so you can remove the starting inferior classes at any time.

Reactions: Enigmanic

erkper

May 16, 2018
PS, the dude above me is wrong, you can buy a potion that clears your classes from the mages guild so you can remove the starting inferior classes at any time.
Well yeah, you can - and then that character is that many classes of experience behind where they should be. It's fine if you have and use one the instant you bring in a new slave, but he's talking about characters like MC or your starting servant who you have to build up before getting a chance to unlock certain classes. If you use the oblivion potion on a character after you've gone through the effort to build experience and classes, that experience is wasted. Would be nice if the oblivion potion wiped out the classes without robbing you of the XP.

Pienator

Sep 22, 2019
Yeah you lose the exp you invested in the classess you've removed but it lets you go again from the lowest costs and up, give people some good exp/sex traits with a big bedroom and you can powerlevel people with sex very quickly.

Reactions: NajaNaga

TheDarkWyrm

Mar 25, 2020
If I want to ask for someone to upload the game to Mega, rather than one of the options that currently exist, would I ask OP, here, or would I need to go talk to the dev for that? My internet is garbage, and browser downloads of files bigger than 10MB crap out, but the Mega desktop downloader can hold them.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Well yeah, you can - and then that character is that many classes of experience behind where they should be. It's fine if you have and use one the instant you bring in a new slave, but he's talking about characters like MC or your starting servant who you have to build up before getting a chance to unlock certain classes. If you use the oblivion potion on a character after you've gone through the effort to build experience and classes, that experience is wasted. Would be nice if the oblivion potion wiped out the classes without robbing you of the XP.
Getting the xp back is pretty easy. To me there's 2 big uses for the oblivion potions. One is obviously removing any undesirable classes so you can start over with the classes you want. The other is to basically get around the biggest bottleneck to stat boosting for both the main character and your slaves, magic wood.

You can use the freebie classes to skip that step, spend the much more easily obtainable iron wood to boost them further, reset them, then boost them again with iron wood, and then use the freebie classes to boost them to great or excellent. So you can get everyone to great or excellent in all stats without using any magic wood at all.

If you farm bandit forts, you can easily get a huge pile of iron wood to do that with. I generally have my main character and my first slave boosted to excellent in everything by week 3 and another 10 or so slaves maxed out by week 4 or 5. If I had to spend magic wood for that it would take a lot longer.

Reactions: NajaNaga

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
PS, the dude above me is wrong
The dude has a name.

Thanks the relevant answers. I never used the oblivion potions, except on newly captured slaves. I hope that's a temporary measure. Strive1 had better classes management mechanics.
What of this 'civil war story arc'? Does it bring some worthwhile content/chalenge?

NajaNaga

Jan 28, 2021
I love that you can bypass the male elf slave plot quest demand if you're in the mage guild now. A male elf was in the shop so I'd grabbed him before I knew I didn't need him, but for future playthroughs it will save some annoyance if RNG hates me again.

Nov 7, 2020
I would call conquest inferior in almost every mentioned way. Tackier? would be the word that comes to mind.
Agree with all of this, especially the UI. The UI in conquest is very hard and confusing to use.
I think the classes are the most interesting thing and maybe we could see more of it when the project develop enough.
I also like the fact that we finally have magic skill that can attack more enemy in this sequel.
for character customization It's still hard to decide between the first and this one.

dudemacarson

Aug 6, 2017

- The only saving grace, the Real-time aspect, is also what undermines the project. The need to send girls 6+ hours away to work, implies you cannot train them - including sex them - after you did.
- The fights would be better, but are much slower than strive, and not really great-looking.
- The classes are interesting, yet the best are locked initilally - condemning your MC and early characters to go with crappy classes he'll be stuck with forever.
- Interface, in particular, is inferior alll the way. The amount of clicking, the delays, the bugs... Where to even start?
Try out the scrapped Displaced for a better read on the above

Keep in mind this is based on a version I tried over 6 months ago.
Call me the devil's advocate, leaving room for others to go more in depth about the actual improvements that doubtlessly took place since then. That will also help me try the latest version, with a lesser fear of disappointment.
I was curious to see what had changed since I last left my review (January 11, 2021) so I booted up the game. Your points (barring the being stuck in a bad class) are all still valid. Real Time still undermines the project. I doubt this will change because it seems like this is a core-feature. Fights are still uninteresting. The interface is unnecessarily convoluted.

• Sad
Reactions: sandsea_urchin

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Don't have the complete changlog for it but the game was updated 2 days ago to version 0.5.0c

Reactions: Franek69

Humlebien

Donor
Nov 15, 2016
From Patreon:

0.5.0c

• Fixed some buff tooltips and misspells
  • Fixed a rare bug when timed event was cancelled when it was running with another timed event
  • Fixed game becoming slow on the closing until system restart/reinstall
0.5.0b

• Blizzard now costs mana
  • Blizzard now only slows enemies with 30% chance
  • Fixed some issues with shrines and chests causing errors
  • Fixed clock showing in inventory
  • Fixed some new skills
  • Fixed traps doing damage to negative numbers
0.5.0a

• Writ of exemption and Enslave no longer apply to unique characters
  • Added some additional dialogue options based on master's class
  • Certain story character will have their stats adjusted based on player's decisions
  • Fixed an issue when sometimes characters didn't get assigned to task correctly
  • Fixed final guards at the siege not being fightable
  • Fixed elven capital questline not completing properly in some cases
  • Fixed wip scenes not having an option to hide foreground
  • Fixed lich intimidation check

• Added civil war story arc
  • Added an option to start from after the prologue
  • Characters now can be generated with sexual skills (based on their virginity/classes)
  • Added many missing icons for skills and enemies
  • Some enemies have been slightly buffed
  • Rebel enemies have been made considerably stronger
  • Added some new CGs (including main story)
  • Added a few class dialogue checks
  • Main menu won't show characters you haven't met yet
  • Travel menu has been reworked
  • Fixed many other bugs

Nov 7, 2020
I just played again today. this is my opinion.
- progression is much slower compared to the Strive1
- UI are harder to use, example: close button very small and many thing are not user-friendly
- performance is a bit lower too, as this one use real time system which use more resources and computing power
- the stats are being stored but harder to access
- for the code this version make it harder to create, modify custom items and characters compare to Strive1
- It's still very interesting game. I can still see how much blood, sweats developers puttin into this game.

Nasty_Gary

Apr 28, 2018
I've played a bit of first Strive and liked it but it felt to me like it was missing a tiny bit to feel like a proper vidya game. How far has the sequel got in terms of content? Would you recommend switching from Strive 1 to Conquest atm?

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I didn't see any mention of it in the changelog, but v0.5 seems to have fixed whatever was causing the UI sluggishness in the previous version. Much more fun to play now. The forget location bug is still there, have to completely exit the game and then reload to fix it when you run into it. Still on day 2 so can't tell anything else yet.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I've played a bit of first Strive and liked it but it felt to me like it was missing a tiny bit to feel like a proper vidya game. How far has the sequel got in terms of content? Would you recommend switching from Strive 1 to Conquest atm?
Both games are very different and you should complete 1 before moving on to 2, just remember there 2 different game and play different in many ways.

3.30 star(s) 44 Votes