Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
What happened to the game exactly? it hasn't been updated since Dec 10 2019
That's not really that long for a game that's in its bare-bones prototype stage. This isn't like some Ren'py game where the dev just throws together some renders and text and releases it as a monthly content update. As for the progress on the game,

Reactions: lovemenut

lovemenut

Sep 23, 2019
That's not really that long for a game that's in its bare-bones prototype stage. This isn't like some Ren'py game where the dev just throws together some renders and text and releases it as a monthly content update. As for the progress on the game,
Thanks, I've been just wondering because I am a really big fan of this game but don't have an idea on how long games take to get developed. Really happy to see that it's still progressing.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
but don't have an idea on how long games take to get developed.
When it's just one or a few people working on a game, there's honestly no telling how long it could take to actually be finished. The problem is, thanks to Patreon and its payment system, a lot of people have become accustomed to games having some kind of monthly content update, which is why it might seem like a game not having a playable update for two months means something's wrong. It's actually an unhealthy expectation, if you ask me. One of many things I hate about crowdfunding and the culture that's cropped up around it. But I digress.

Incidentally,

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Agree with the dungeon aspect. I hope this isn't just a straight continuation of the first one and there's some shifts/changes in mechanics. The goal of the last game didn't really interest me much. I actually think I liked the original one more before all the story crap and complications started. It was fun just going around and trying to capture all the different monster girls.

Then the dev made it a pain in the ass to travel around and do everything. I always lost interest in the game pretty quickly after those map/travel changes happened. It didn't feel like "Oh boy I'm going on an adventure", it was like "Shit I have to get through 15 shitty uninspired battles just to go to the city/area I want to visit" lol. I used to play every release pretty heavily till that crap started. Hell, make it a card battle game, or do something new with that combat, it was dreadful. I dunno if it was improved, last version I played was 0.5.24b I think.

I'd say the rewards for getting to new areas didn't really feel worth the annoyance it took to get there. If the rewards felt better or it was less annoying to get around the map, I feel like it would have been better. Text heavy games need to be really careful about that. You know we're going to be doing these things (Like traveling from town to town) dozens of times through different playthroughs, they need to not be obnoxious to repeat over and over.

Last edited:

Sewyoba

Jul 22, 2018
I'd say the rewards for getting to new areas didn't really feel worth the annoyance it took to get there. If the rewards felt better or it was less annoying to get around the map, I feel like it would have been better. Text heavy games need to be really careful about that. You know we're going to be doing these things (Like traveling from town to town) dozens of times through different playthroughs, they need to not be obnoxious to repeat over and over.
There just wasn't much content there. Compared to "usual" jrpg with optional areas this exploration was too balanced and unfocused. Like, you can sometimes loot a dress for obedience or elven sword or a sack +1 strength and that's it. Game was too short, really. Hopefully they'll either add meaningful progression or at the very least autoscaling difficulty, maybe go all the way into japanese kind of balance with billions of damage and hp.

Megumin.

Donor
Jan 12, 2018
Is this game worth trying with it only being version 0.3? It seems barebone with it being this early in development.

Rexdark

Jun 24, 2019
Can anyone post here the last post from patreon? It's hidden due to NSFW (The one from 25/2/2020). Thank you!

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Can anyone post here the last post from patreon? It's hidden due to NSFW (The one from 25/2/2020). Thank you!
I'm not a Patron so I can't see it, but from its title it seems to be a post about this game. Might want to keep an eye on that thread and/or ask there to see if they post it.

Faarks

Jan 23, 2018
Can somebody tell me what is the best way to make a text based rpg similar like this? What programming language do you recommend?

Megumin.

Donor
Jan 12, 2018
I'm not a Patron so I can't see it, but from its title it seems to be a post about this game. Might want to keep an eye on that thread and/or ask there to see if they post it.
Oh no... So it's gonna be like that, huh? Working on two games at the same time. Man, I just found out about this game like a week ago... I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Is he still using S4P's god awful engine?
Another user asked me to weigh in here. This 'Maverick' uses Godot engine. A free, open-source alternative to big-house 3A-title engines like Unreal or Unity. As for Maverick's usage of Godot, I'd disagree with his way of doing pretty much everything. Godot shouldn't be judged by Maverick's games, really. Has a lot of promise as an engine and can definitely do far more.

Reactions: pyo and KapitanDupa

Solak

Nov 22, 2017
Another user asked me to weigh in here. This 'Maverick' uses Godot engine. A free, open-source alternative to big-house 3A-title engines like Unreal or Unity. As for Maverick's usage of Godot, I'd disagree with his way of doing pretty much everything. Godot shouldn't be judged by Maverick's games, really. Has a lot of promise as an engine and can definitely do far more.
Well I do believe Maverick is fully self-taught. He spent quite a bit of time growing more familiar with Godot at first at least, and his code wasn't always exactly clean.

3.30 star(s) 44 Votes