anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
V 0.5.4 is available at the itch.io page. It apparently came out two days ago. It looks like some bug fixes and QoL balances.

Reactions: a1fox3

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
maverik — 08/29/2021
New release: Mostly bugfixes and minor tweaks
Obedience is now displayed as percentage
Default obedience gain is reduced by 25%
Now enemies can spawn with a rare traits which increase some of their stats, xp and item rewards
Great Seduce cooldown reduced from 4 to 2 days, Seduce cooldown reduced from 3 to 1
Alchemist class is now unlocked from the start while caster is locked by guild points
Archmage requires both Apprentice and Scholar to learn instead of requiring Caster
Assassinate now has 3 charges per day instead of 1
Firebomb base damage increased from 1.1 to 1.4
All obedience gains with skills is reduced by 25% for now
Slave delivery quest will not generate on a first week
Slightly rebalanced some enemy stats
Fixed clock going into 24 hours
Fixed food consumption tooltip not updating runtime
Fixed succubus lust drain skill not consuming mana on use
Fixed gauntlets crafting
Fixed some exploration issues

• Haha
Reactions: Reij and Mee&Mee

Mee&Mee

Apr 23, 2020
another game where you have to pay to have a monthly update with only bugs fix and re "balanced features" and no new content at all... this should stop...

• Angry
Reactions: Reij

Thjis

May 19, 2017
A statement made in this thread brought up a question and I am asking for clarification. Does the patreon version have more updates and improvements than the Public? Does Maverik just delay the releasal date? I remember this game from last time and it has a lot of potential. I would be willing to support a more developed game. However, like a lot of people I do not like to have stuff hidden behind a paywall. Developers are using us as beta testers already and it just strikes me wrong to expect me to pay to proof a game.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
another game where you have to pay to have a monthly update with only bugs fix and re "balanced features" and no new content at all... this should stop...
This game is free and you don't have to pay anything for it.

You should learn how to read. yes you can get it free.jpg

A statement made in this thread brought up a question and I am asking for clarification. Does the patreon version have more updates and improvements than the Public? Does Maverik just delay the releasal date? I remember this game from last time and it has a lot of potential. I would be willing to support a more developed game. However, like a lot of people I do not like to have stuff hidden behind a paywall. Developers are using us as beta testers already and it just strikes me wrong to expect me to pay to proof a game.
No it does not, to get the update as soon as it comes out is to get on there Discord site.
It will always be listed there once it is updated then all the other sites get the update notice.

Please can you tell me what cheats code?

Thank you

Another one who does not read the OP.
Its listed on the OP if you would just read.

erkper

May 16, 2018
Alchemist class is now unlocked from the start while caster is locked by guild points
Archmage requires both Apprentice and Scholar to learn instead of requiring Caster
Ah, shit. That forces any non-elf mage to start unlocking classes in mage guild to get AoEs, doesn't it? Fuck...

Thjis

May 19, 2017
Thanks, that is what I thought. I was surprised with a few posts and started questioning myself. I got burned bad by a developer and his shoddy work back in the day. He was making over 90k and the work started slowing down and got worse the more he made. Still remember his post at the beginning. Something like "I only want to make xxx so I can buy a new computer and work on XXX full time" Then he hired staff and started a second game, letting the first one go into the toilet. He made over 100k a month at one pt.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
There is NO "Patreon" version. All versions are public, and free. You'd know that if you bothered to go to the game's itch.io release site and carefully looked at it. Or if you went to the game's Discord server. Those of us that support Maverik as Patrons do so because we like the game, not because we're getting some advantage that non-Patrons get, because we don't get anything that people here on F95 don't get.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Mee&Mee
you know what I mean, but are you one of those developers afraid of losing the milking farm? there are 1151 people on patreon supporting this "game" paying for it, just to get monthly fixes, yeah, really honest job...
No I don't know what you mean, most games on Itch.io can be had for free if you know how to read and its been this way for this game way back when Strive for Power was being made.
Many, many years ago, over 5 years now.

PS: You should not put your post inside others quotes.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Ah, shit. That forces any non-elf mage to start unlocking classes in mage guild to get AoEs, doesn't it? Fuck...
Dryads and fairies also have the druid class though, so all Characters that offer a racial Bonus on Magic damage.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Thanks, that is what I thought. I was surprised with a few posts and started questioning myself. I got burned bad by a developer and his shoddy work back in the day. He was making over 90k and the work started slowing down and got worse the more he made. Still remember his post at the beginning. Something like "I only want to make xxx so I can buy a new computer and work on XXX full time" Then he hired staff and started a second game, letting the first one go into the toilet. He made over 100k a month at one pt.
It would be a mistake to assume all Patron games are equal.
I assume you are talking about scum/scammer Devs like ICStor or his ilk... those are the rotten fruits reminding you that you should always track your investments and not the norm.

erkper

May 16, 2018
Dryads and fairies also have the druid class though, so all Characters that offer a racial Bonus on Magic damage.
OK, I accept I should have said you must be a race that gets Druid to get AoE spells before unlocking classes with Guild rep. Still seems to suck that he made that change.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
OK, I accept I should have said you must be a race that gets Druid to get AoE spells before unlocking classes with Guild rep. Still seems to suck that he made that change.
Personally I was always wondering why the Caster class was available from the start, given it improves a characters Magic affinity AND grants some of the most powerful AoE attacks in the current game.
Depending on your starter race this might make things more complicated, but I personally never had issues with this, around the time one of my mages is strong enough to learn the caster class I can easily unlock it in the guild and I prefer to play as a Charm Master/Mistress anyway.

Riviar

Mar 20, 2018
Anyone somewhat intimate with plans of the author? Are there any concrete plans to continue development of the game? There was no notable story or mechanics update for ages. Only minor fixes and shuffling some modifiers.

Yukemoto

Jun 19, 2020
this game is a slog compared to the first one, the most trivial things have become obtuse and overcomplicated..(you want your girls to hunt? Too bad! Grind for the materials for/or hope to find a hunting knife or stfu! not true :whistle:) Its like they transformed the concept into a clicker game. :cry:
Kudos to those who love this iteration, but I'm getting off at the next stop.

Last edited:
Reactions: edihrm

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Anyone somewhat intimate with plans of the author? Are there any concrete plans to continue development of the game? There was no notable story or mechanics update for ages. Only minor fixes and shuffling some modifiers.
Yes there is plans for more story content but there is also a lot of work to do on the mechanics of the game.
You want more insight in to what is going on join there Discord and ask away and they will answer you better than I can.

Not to long ago we got a story update.

Just remember this is still an alpha/beta game, also remember this is being done by 1 person.

this game is a slog compared to the first one, the most trivial things have become obtuse and overcomplicated..(you want your girls to hunt? Too bad! Grind for the materials for/or hope to find a hunting knife or stfu!) Its like they transformed the concept into a clicker game. :cry:
Kudos to those who love this iteration, but I'm getting off at the next stop.
You just have not figured it out yet, once you do you will find out than it way better to let them do there thing away from home.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Not to long ago we got a story update.

Just remember this is still an alpha/beta game, also remember this is being done by 1 person.
The next major update is supposed to contain another chunk of story.

Maverik is not the sole person working on the game. He has at least one additional coder and he has an artist, which makes at least 3 (paid) people working on the game. He has also been looking for several months for someone to help with story writing.

3.20 star(s) 45 Votes