Yukemoto

Jun 19, 2020
Yes there is plans for more story content but there is also a lot of work to do on the mechanics of the game.
You want more insight in to what is going on join there Discord and ask away and they will answer you better than I can.

Not to long ago we got a story update.

Just remember this is still an alpha/beta game, also remember this is being done by 1 person.

You just have not figured it out yet, once you do you will find out than it way better to let them do there thing away from home.
The figuring out is the problem for my tastes, most of the last game was intuitive and made sense, this just took all that and buried it under unnecessary layers. Its not for me, kudos if you dig it though!

Reactions: Torinir

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
this game is a slog compared to the first one, the most trivial things have become obtuse and overcomplicated..(you want your girls to hunt? Too bad! Grind for the materials for/or hope to find a hunting knife or stfu!) Its like they transformed the concept into a clicker game. :cry:
You obviously have not played the game much, and you don't understand how it works. You do NOT need to have any materials or items to collect resources. Items just make the process go faster.

It's one thing to not like how a game is designed, but please don't spread misinformation based on your ignorance.

Yukemoto

Jun 19, 2020
You obviously have not played the game much, and you don't understand how it works. You do NOT need to have any materials or items to collect resources. Items just make the process go faster.

It's one thing to not like how a game is designed, but please don't spread misinformation based on your ignorance.
I stand corrected! I went back and fiddled with it and found how to get the one chick I wanted to hunt on that job.
So the new way isn't restrictive at all just obtuse as fuck.

I played an hour and a half of this and just felt like I was doing chores. In the same amount of time I made 10 times the progress in the previous game.
I think that's my issue, It doesn't really value my time at all.

Reactions: edihrm and Torinir

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
If you want your time to be valued might I suggest (for the umpteenth time in this thread) that you go to the game's Discord and express your views there? Posting here will not accomplish anything as far as having your concerns addressed by the deveopers, who do NOT read this thread. All posting here does is vent. Seriously, go to the Discord and vent there about what you find to be obtuse. At least that way Maverik will see it.

Shinlaw

Aug 6, 2017
Haven't tried Maverik's games, do you guys recommend playing this one first or Strive for Power?

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I stand corrected! I went back and fiddled with it and found how to get the one chick I wanted to hunt on that job.
So the new way isn't restrictive at all just obtuse as fuck.

I played an hour and a half of this and just felt like I was doing chores. In the same amount of time I made 10 times the progress in the previous game.
I think that's my issue, It doesn't really value my time at all.
In the last game LEveling Characters was far more "obstuse", as you put it and took several times more of anyones time and resources than the current one... and several Jobs were blocked without these Level up... if anything this game has far less restrictions.
New Players might become overhelmed by this though, as there is no real do this to achieve that scenario, but you CAN do this to get this... or you do that to achieve the same thing

Foobert

Oct 16, 2017
OK, I accept I should have said you must be a race that gets Druid to get AoE spells before unlocking classes with Guild rep. Still seems to suck that he made that change.
That said, I think I'd prefer this to just nerfing Caster. I mean it's overpowered as hell considering how early you can get it. Having to unlock it sounds about right to me.

Haven't tried Maverik's games, do you guys recommend playing this one first or Strive for Power?
Go for Strive For Power. They're both good, but SfP is complete, so you can finish the story and this one will be waiting when you're done

Reactions: Shinlaw

Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
Caster is pretty powerful. Not only you have the ice AoE but also the lightning bolt that causes Stun. Imo it was a good change to gate it behind rep. Druid still makes early combat starts possible, though it's only available to squishy races and the new enemy traits system makes it harder to just oneshot everything early-game so there's a trade-off here too.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Caster is pretty powerful. Not only you have the ice AoE but also the lightning bolt that causes Stun. Imo it was a good change to gate it behind rep. Druid still makes early combat starts possible, though it's only available to squishy races and the new enemy traits system makes it harder to just oneshot everything early-game so there's a trade-off here too.
Dark Elves are quiet strong, given the HP Bonus they receive from their race... not as strong as combat focused races of course, but pretty much the buffest mage in the game

Riviar

Mar 20, 2018
Definitely the previous game. It should be plenty fun for the first playthrough. Consider looking up some mods. Excluding the storyline, the rest of the gameplay is kinda plain and boring. Mods can help with that somewhat.

Reactions: edihrm and Shinlaw

Elona Spiral

Aug 31, 2020
If you want your time to be valued might I suggest (for the umpteenth time in this thread) that you go to the game's Discord and express your views there? Posting here will not accomplish anything as far as having your concerns addressed by the deveopers, who do NOT read this thread. All posting here does is vent. Seriously, go to the Discord and vent there about what you find to be obtuse. At least that way Maverik will see it.
I can back this up, the Dev is active on Discord and he does answer questions over there.
A screenshot of the Discord.
1630596866991.png

Jamsalad

Mar 22, 2018
Seems like the last several updates have just been minor tweaks ; bugs / mechanical fixes or changes , right?

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Seems like the last several updates have just been minor tweaks ; bugs / mechanical fixes or changes , right?
Many of those "tweaks" were not minor at all. Several have had major impact to how the game is played.

As for new story content, which is what I'm feeling is the only thing that seems to matter to some of the people criticizing the game, the last major content was in 0.5.0 (May 10) when the first story arc was added. 0.5.1 (May 31) redid Daisy's entire series of quests. 0.5.2 (Jul 31) added stuff for Amelia. So if you look at the version numbering you can easily see the correlation between version number and story content, and that a bit of new story content gets added on average every 2 months or so. Large chunks of new story has taken longer. With the additional dev staff that Maverik has now the wait for new story content is going down as he can devote more of his time to story writing.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Have you actually played those Updates?
I'd agree if you call the bugfixes to the last several Updates "Updates" aswell, however each release is kinda packed with changed mechanics and some content.
I mean just take a look at the crafting and Upgrade screen we got with the latest Update.
Before we got advanced armor and weapons in all categories.
Dificulty seems to be constantly nerfed aswell.

betatesterFP

Apr 13, 2018
Strange that nobody talked about a fairy master (for the druid class, the evasion bonus) Druid, thief, assassin with advanced air crystal medium armor and Dominator for ending.

Jan 2, 2018
Is it just me or the gallery bugged out? It seem to be not working foe me. New scene that i witnessed wont appear in it.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Is it just me or the gallery bugged out? It seem to be not working foe me. New scene that i witnessed wont appear in it.
The gallery is just a place holder at this time.

Remember this is still more like an alpha game with some beta mixed in.

Sheepy Cloud

Apr 22, 2020
Kind of like and don't like the new UI, based on the screenshots.
I shall reserve final judgement for until after I get in-game...

Edit: What's up with the UI shown in the screenshots of the OP?
(I don't have it.)

Last edited:
3.20 star(s) 45 Votes