Red469

May 18, 2018
Actually no, I never heard of a mod like that. But it shouldn't be hard.
There are two "fear" attributes afaik: the main stat and the temporary stat (the latter is used when you date a character). You can assign a fixed value to the first one, if you open files\scripts\person\person.gd and mod the fear_get function (this function returns the current value of a slave's fear). For instance this tricks the game into thinking that the fear of any slave is always equal to X:
Code:
func fear_get():
    return X
Why though? I thought fear was pretty harmless.
Hi
Thank you...
Have you played the earlier versions of this game?

If not you would not know that that attribute is a recent addition and makes the game that much harder as a result...

The latest version of the game can you:
1. do public punishment that increases obedience across many slaves?
2. Can you use sedation and dream like you used to and not have a slave have a breakdown when they come back?
3. How easy / Hard is it to have a large slave population? I usually run with around 150 or so, The latest version of game makes that kind of thing Very hard to maintain.
4. The new combat system really aint all that... compared to how it used to be... Tbh, I prefer the old to the new... Who agrees with me?

And thats just a few of Many...

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: scrumbles

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Technically yes, you can, but I get what you mean: it isn't effective at all.
Public punishments do not raise the obedience anymore, they only increase fear and stress (and the latter effect is not good at all). Fear gets converted into obedience, but slowly, only if it's high enough and only at the end of the day (you need five nights to make a rebel slave totally obedient through fear).
That's why I don't use public punishments anymore, there are better alternatives.
2. Can you use sedation and dream like you used to and not have a slave have a breakdown when they come back?
Never happened to me, but I guess it's because my magic affinity is quite high (~6) and the spells really effective.
3. How easy / Hard is it to have a large slave population? I usually run with around 150 or so, The latest version of game makes that kind of thing Very hard to maintain.
I plead guilty, I never had more than 30 slaves (12 of them being cows, usually).
4. The new combat system really aint all that... compared to how it used to be... Tbh, I prefer the old to the new...
Which one? I mean, the game has changed many times. For instance, in the previous release physical skills were energy consuming, while now you can use them without limits (except waiting for the cooldown, obviously).
I think this is a good change; on the other side I miss how powerful the acid spit spell was.

Edit: i you want to fix #1, open files\scripts\dating.gd and change this block:
Code:
            for i in slavearray:
                if i.race == 'Human':
                    i.fear += 4.5
                else:
                    i.fear += 3
                i.stress += 3
                if actionhistory.back() in ['woodenhorse','flagellate']:
                    i.lust += 2
This is what happens to every slave watching the public punishment. You may add something like "i.obed += X" to the loop.

Last edited:

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Confirmation were? Sorry dont trust naysaiers. But its very good news, as this one is cool with alot of hours of play, just as i like it.
This is just one of the post on Patreon.

Surprisingly the previous poll has split somewhat even, which means we might see two different systems in strive 2. But for this time I'll go through major changes on the current sex system before we will be considering further changes.
Lots of the stuff I'll be explaining is related to the background of the system, so you might no get what's this about, unless you have been looking into code.
Firstly, my personal issue with current sex system, is that it's not very intuitive and lots of the stuff happening without player knowing, so we cut down those and replace them with something more obvious.
Slave reaction. Currently slaves can 'react' in 3 different ways to every action. Like it, be okay with it and dislike it. It's based on slave's stats, such as lewdness and lust, and sometimes traits and decide how much stats slave receive from action. Except there was not much of indication of actual reaction, and past certain point you will only generally get positive reaction from anything. What made it worse, is it also bloated event code significantly.
Lube mechanic: you could've observe it during earlier iterations of sex system, and even though icon has been hidden in later, it still exists. Basically the idea behind lubrication mechanic was to present a foreplay opportunity which in turn would make slaves react better to harsher actions. And it had same issues as the previous entry: non-indicative, can be quickly ignored later on.
So, with this in mind, I've decided that the system should be built around specific goal: achieve as many orgasms as possible (be it specific slave or more). The secondary goal, is to provide more depth and make foreplay also useful in it (since it gives less stats it may be ignored easily). Now onto direct corrections:
  • Slaves orgasm as they acquire enough lust points
  • Instead of lube mechanic, I've added "Arousal" state. While not aroused, slave only receive half of the lust points.
  • Different actions give different amount of both lust and arousal points, so foreplay actions will arouse partner faster
  • Continuous actions will only produce half of the points starting the second turn (so setting everything on repeat and passing turns is a poor decision now)
  • Already performed actions on the slave during this interaction will be slightly less effective with every repeat (so spaming single action will also be a poor decision)
  • Orgasms are generally much slower to achieve (partly due to removal or reaction system which doubles stat gain on positive reactions)
  • Sex traits being reworked: now they are often tied to specific action group making slave get more arousal/lust from specific actions
  • Some items will be making it into sex system as well, giving a buff to stat gains or making slaves instantly aroused.
In a previous post I've mentioned how the system will not be used in same manner as strive 1 to generate mana for days. So what is it for now? Basically it will be improving slave's behavior (obedience, loyalty) and might provide some working buffs. It will also build up a lewdness stat which will be utilized by certain skills including mana gain.
Let me know what you think about it and thanks for the attention.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Belive it when i see it, but honestly wish it was.
Maybe next month.

In attempt to not to be silent about it: Currently all of my time goes into preparation for tech demo release. Right now most of the social skills have been finished, items and their effects are mostly functional and GUI is taking a shape.
The most of the work (besides assets), though, will be lying in the combat mechanics. Even though for simple tech demo I'll be aiming at very minor exploration and combat content, the presence of combat classes makes it mandatory to have the combat system cause no issue.
So, optimally, it should be out in the next month, featuring nearly 40 classes, over 20 social skills, all of the old races, new gear and gear system, and new variation of sex system (for details check out previous posts).
That's about all I wanted to say for now, so thank you for your attention and see you next time!

Reactions: Red469

Red469

May 18, 2018
Public punishments do not raise the obedience anymore, they only increase fear and stress (and the latter effect is not good at all). Fear gets converted into obedience, but slowly, only if it's high enough and only at the end of the day (you need five nights to make a rebel slave totally obedient through fear).
That's why I don't use public punishments anymore, there are better alternatives.

Red469 said:

Red469 said: What Better Alternatives?
Red469 said:
Never happened to me, but I guess it's because my magic affinity is quite high (~6) and the spells really effective.
Red469 said: If the slaves stress is at 150 even with magic aff at 6 or 8 Quickest way to get a girl back into yellow is sedation and dream.
Red469 said:
I plead guilty, I never had more than 30 slaves (12 of them being cows, usually).
Red469 said: Hence why I say the finished game is not superior to what once was and got destroyed. If the most you can actually keep at the same time is 30... Lets just say that the Mansion does NOT fit such a small group... more like a large house, since Mansions would have that many in servants.
Red469 said:
4. The new combat system really aint all that... compared to how it used to be... Tbh, I prefer the old to the new...
Which one? I mean, the game has changed many times. For instance, in the previous release physical skills were energy consuming, while now you can use them without limits (except waiting for the cooldown, obviously).
I think this is a good change; on the other side I miss how powerful the acid spit spell was.

Red469 said: Last Decent one that I play is 05.7d, I find this gives me the freedom to do as I see fit. Having said this, there are a few good points to the new version... as I see them and feel free to anyone that correct me on these

1. The new intimacy interactions some of them are rather nice

2. It would appear the Interface has been updated some aspects of it are a little better

3. Now you have the option to have children rather then just teens or adults...
Can anyone answer, How long do they stay kids before they go to teens?
What interactions can you have with them compared to teens and what jobs if any can they perform...

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
What Better Alternatives?
To make a freshly captured slave obedient?
- the Amnesia Potion removes the rebel status and raises the loyalty up to 25 points
- the Heal spell increases both the obedience by 10-15 points and the loyalty by 2-4 points (as long as the loyalty itself is lower than 20)
- if the slave is not confident enough, the Domination spell (from Chloe's quest) is quite efficient. Otherwise it's tentacles time (from Zoe's quest)
- finally a date and a good fuck solve anything.
I do this and, the very day I capture a slave, she is ready to work and fight (or to be sold) .

If the slaves stress is at 150 even with magic aff at 6 or 8 Quickest way to get a girl back into yellow is sedation and dream.
I think it is a bug, because the stress is capped at 120. If your Magic Affinity is 6, the Sedation spell alone lowers the stress by a minimum of 56 points, plus more 55+ points from the Dream spell.

If the most you can actually keep at the same time is 30... Lets just say that the Mansion does NOT fit such a small group... more like a large house, since Mansions would have that many in servants.
Uh, just a clarification. it is not that I cannot have more slaves: I do not want to.
I like to improve their skills as much as I can: it is already grinding enough with twenty slaves.

How long do they stay kids before they go to teens?
Until they drink a Maturing Potion.

What interactions can you have with them compared to teens and what jobs if any can they perform.
As far as I remember, it's fluff mostly. Age is important in custom requests (some of them refuse adult slaves, some of them require teens only...). Of course younger slaves are generated with smaller assets.

Benn Swagger

Aug 26, 2016
Wowow ... it's finished ! :D After the first time I've played it a long time ago and really like the game, I vow only to revisiting it after complete. I can't believe the day have arrived. :ROFLMAO: Gonna play vanilla first, then using modders content later.

Red469

May 18, 2018
This is just one of the post on Patreon.
Hi A1fox3

I read the post and from what I can gather, and Please if I missunderstood correct me, SFP 2 is a distance away...

Secondly, the Various Changes the Author is proposing, most of them sound like they are likely to be good ones and others not soo much... That said, I am curious to see if he manages to top his first Classic...

I gues thats the problem with Setting such high standards, They sometimes get a little hard to top...

Thoughts?

Red469

May 18, 2018
Wowow ... it's finished ! :D After the first time I've played it a long time ago and really like the game, I vow only to revisiting it after complete. I can't believe the day have arrived. :ROFLMAO: Gonna play vanilla first, then using modders content later.
What modded content are you reffering to?

Red469

May 18, 2018
Hi guys I am wondering where to look to alter the the heal spell and to fiddle with the cooldown of spells
What i am trying to do is enhance the heal spell so it actually acts like a mage cast it rather then an apprentice and looking to have no cooldown on it ...

If someone could help me to point me in the right direction that would be appreciated...

Thank you in advance.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Umm... i bought a basic solution from the shop and now it no longer sells it. Is that supposed to happen?
No, it doesn't. But basic solutions are sold in Wimborn only (and in the alchemist shop, when you unlock it).
Are you in the right town? Do you have enough money? If you are moving the solutions into your backpack, maybe is it full? A red warning should pop up in the bottom right corner.

What i am trying to do is enhance the heal spell so it actually acts like a mage cast it rather then an apprentice and looking to have no cooldown on it ...
files\scripts\abilities, line #158

Reactions: Red469

Red469

May 18, 2018
Hi Scrumbles

Excellent... Thank you VERY much.
Now I have this game the way I want it... All the important abilities set to 0 cooldown, for anyone else looking for the answer:
This is your answer: open this file:

and Look for the various spells / abilities and just set the colldown for them to 0

And now you have an actual Mage

Reactions: scrumbles
4.20 star(s) 49 Votes