sifilis

Apr 27, 2017
One of the image packs has its portraits in "Portrait" folder, but all others go to "portraits". Is that a typo or intentional and should I fix it?

Dec 13, 2017
Grabbed the new version today and started over. I made the potion for Melissa but it won't let me deliver it, and the quest doesn't say anything else.

Red469

May 18, 2018
One of the image packs has its portraits in "Portrait" folder, but all others go to "portraits". Is that a typo or intentional and should I fix it?
you will want stick portraits into the folder in the appdata folder where portraits go into

The big question do they show up in game? If yes why bother? if not where do you have them what location?

Leo D. Marstone

Nov 2, 2017
Found out about this Game and decided to give the Game a go as well.
Question upfront after tinkering around a few days.

Is it normal for slaves to have no Portrait and Body after purchasing or do I really need to cutomize them manually?

Edit: I tried also the Cheat Code to access the Supporter Tools but everytime I change for example Gold, it will not carry over in my Savestate. Be it a old or new Save. Any help here as well?

Last edited:

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Found out about this Game and decided to give the Game a go as well.
Question upfront after tinkering around a few days.

Is it normal for slaves to have no Portrait and Body after purchasing or do I really need to cutomize them manually?

Edit: I tried also the Cheat Code to access the Supporter Tools but everytime I change for example Gold, it will not carry over in my Savestate. Be it a old or new Save. Any help here as well?
Yes only main NPC's have portraits and bodies, you need to get the portrait/body mod to have everyone have them.
This is now the best one out there but it is really big and you may want to take out some if it is to large for you.

As for the cheat you could be a windows protection that is not allowing it to save because it is a cheat or its you anti-virus program blocking it.
Take complete control over the folder that the game is in with admin rights for every folder and file inside.

Dunfred

Mar 22, 2018
Hi guys I am wondering where to look to alter the the heal spell and to fiddle with the cooldown of spells
What i am trying to do is enhance the heal spell so it actually acts like a mage cast it rather then an apprentice and looking to have no cooldown on it ...
The magic affinity affects the healing amount of the spell. So those characters that have a 2 magic affinity will be like apprentices casting the spell. Give them items that give a magic affinity bonus and they will cast it at a better healing rate.

What i need is a different color for the text in the defeated and captured window. From a white to a dark color for that text that tells you what the bandit is.

jimdandy

Jul 1, 2017
The magic affinity affects the healing amount of the spell. So those characters that have a 2 magic affinity will be like apprentices casting the spell. Give them items that give a magic affinity bonus and they will cast it at a better healing rate.
Red469 was asking how to change the cool down time ( the time between turns to cast) not the heal rate. Having a cool down of 1 for example, means you have to wait 1 turn before casting again, setting it to 0 (zero) means you can cast whenever you want with no wait time.

mecha_froggy

Oct 17, 2018
More easy cheats (if you've read my previous cheats):

So you've raised your ability limit to 40 or more, but you don't want to grind your way through levels just to get them up that high? No problem!

C:\users\(your name)\ApPData\Roaming\Strive\Saves\ (your save games are here)

Open with Notepad++. It looks like gibberish, but that's OK. Just do a CTRL+F search for your character's name (best done at the start of the game, as you & your companion will be the only two characters in this list).

Nearby you'll find a few choice words in this mess, things like:

Code:
"agi_base":0,"agi_max":40,
Note that this assumes that you already jacked you agility limit up to 40 via previous method. If not the agi_max will be whatever you set it to during character creation. Not that it matters, because what you're going to do is this:

Code:
"agi_base":40,"agi_max":40,
Ta-da, you now have an agility of 40. Nothing is going to hit you, now. You can do the same thing with end_base
and end_max for endurance, str_base & str_max for strength, and naturally maf_base and maf_max for your magic affinity.

Not only yourself, but any character in your roster can have their stats changed here. Feel free to mess around with beauty, loyalty, etc. Just be sure to back it up before doing anything you're not already familiar with.

Note on limits: The game actually seems to support stats all the way up to 55, but honestly, why bother? Anything past 30 is overkill, anyway. Past 55 it gets kind of wonky, though, so don't go there.

Reactions: jestir and jimdandy

Red469

May 18, 2018
More easy cheats (if you've read my previous cheats):

So you've raised your ability limit to 40 or more, but you don't want to grind your way through levels just to get them up that high? No problem!

C:\users\(your name)\ApPData\Roaming\Strive\Saves\ (your save games are here)

Open with Notepad++. It looks like gibberish, but that's OK. Just do a CTRL+F search for your character's name (best done at the start of the game, as you & your companion will be the only two characters in this list).

Nearby you'll find a few choice words in this mess, things like:

Code:
"agi_base":0,"agi_max":40,
Note that this assumes that you already jacked you agility limit up to 40 via previous method. If not the agi_max will be whatever you set it to during character creation. Not that it matters, because what you're going to do is this:

Code:
"agi_base":40,"agi_max":40,
Ta-da, you now have an agility of 40. Nothing is going to hit you, now. You can do the same thing with end_base
and end_max for endurance, str_base & str_max for strength, and naturally maf_base and maf_max for your magic affinity.

Not only yourself, but any character in your roster can have their stats changed here. Feel free to mess around with beauty, loyalty, etc. Just be sure to back it up before doing anything you're not already familiar with.

Note on limits: The game actually seems to support stats all the way up to 55,
Not bad on your xplanation there... now lemme throw in there in the folder Scripts, look for abilities.gd
Thats where you can change the cooldown of the various cooldowns for spells and abilities... Since I did this Now I actually FEEL Like I am a mage rather then some sorry excuse for an AP prentice and the games become Way more fun as a result.

Reactions: jimdandy

jestir

May 4, 2018
i wish i knew what the save script was writen in and hope Notepad++ has a plug-in for it do it looks like a real script not a bunch of code all in a row

jimdandy

Jul 1, 2017
Not bad on your xplanation there... now lemme throw in there in the folder Scripts, look for abilities.gd
Thats where you can change the cooldown of the various cooldowns for spells and abilities... Since I did this Now I actually FEEL Like I am a mage rather then some sorry excuse for an AP prentice and the games become Way more fun as a result.
Good stuff there. In the same folder I adjusted the lab,why should working on your own slaves cost gold or mana? I mean you bought them or captured them, it's your lab, that you upgraded and purchased potions for and your assistant is your slave after all. It seems silly to charge yourself for your own work and supplies and who gets that gold anyway?

4.20 star(s) 49 Votes