VN Ren'Py STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 7] [STWAdev]

4.70 star(s) 110 Votes

Mr. Muscles

Mar 30, 2021
I'm not totes sure about the end of chapter 6, is the MC actually committed to either, let's say, Vi or El if he sleeps with them in that ep?

DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016
I'm not totes sure about the end of chapter 6, is the MC actually committed to either, let's say, Vi or El if he sleeps with them in that ep?
With Els it's quite easy to understand that he still isn't 100%, it'll probably be up to the players in future chapters but as things stand in 6, Els is hopeful it'll work while MC is clearly still not sure.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Haha
Reactions: Ilhares

maroek

Jan 18, 2018
With Els it's quite easy to understand that he still isn't 100%, it'll probably be up to the players in future chapters but as things stand in 6, Els is hopeful it'll work while MC is clearly still not sure.
You're missing the talk on the beach, between Els and Vi. Els tells Vi "I play for keeps" if the MC goes for both. As the MC put it in the bar, Els is totally and hopelessly in love with the MC. She is just down playing, because of her competitive nature. I also think she knows who she's dealing with and smothering the MC with "relationship" from the get go would back fire pretty quickly.

I already wrote it somewhere around here, and I'll write it again: Els is by far the best LI in this game, even with breasts that would put a Holstein cow to shame. TBH, she's everyman's dream, and more.

Mr. Muscles

Mar 30, 2021
Yeah, idk, that "when it actually happens" is exactly where I was stuck at.

The mini-drama between El and Vi is so good, ngl. I'll choose El for my canon playthrough anyway, but I didn't know if I could keep the conflict between the two going after this episode, it felt like the dead-end had just arrived.

RoryTate

May 15, 2018
I already wrote it somewhere around here, and I'll write it again: Els is by far the best LI in this game, even with breasts that would put a Holstein cow to shame. TBH, she's everyman's dream, and more.
As someone who considers my "Elspeth Exclusive" playthrough to be game canon, I agree with your assessment 100%. As Ines said about Elspeth: "She's final boss status.", and she's more than enough for any man to consider himself the luckiest guy alive. Though I'm still strangely hopeful my carefully crafted "Elspeth + Kana" alternate set of saves will lead to a wild and unexpected ending, as crazy as that sounds.

Concerning the conversation quoted by DarkKiller though, I initially read it as a possible subtle warning from Els. Sort of a: "Go ahead and sleep around, but be prepared for some consequences if you do" kind of intimation. Since then I've thought differently for the most part about her words, even though Els has been known to play verbal games for many different reasons. In the end, she definitely doesn't feel like high maintenance or prone to fits of jealousy (two of the biggest turn-offs in any woman ngl), so her words can safely be taken at face value I think. She's just that open and easy-going about things. Besides, I doubt the dev would lock players out of her ending when she's such a popular love interest. It would be frustrating for people to have to play through the entire game again just because of some previous dalliance.

Last edited:

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
As someone who considers my "Elspeth Exclusive" playthrough to be game canon, I agree with your assessment 100%. As Ines said about Elspeth: "She's final boss status.", and she's more than enough for any man to consider himself the luckiest guy alive. Though I'm still strangely hopeful my carefully crafted "Elspeth + Kana" alternate set of saves will lead to a wild and unexpected ending, as crazy as that sounds.

Concerning the conversation quoted by DarkKiller though, I initially read it as a possible subtle warning from Els. Sort of a: "Go ahead and sleep around, but be prepared for some consequences if you do" kind of intimation. Since then I've thought differently for the most part about her words, even though Els has been known to play verbal games for many different reasons. In the end, she definitely doesn't feel like high maintenance or prone to fits of jealousy (two of the biggest turn-offs in any woman ngl), so her words can safely be taken at face value I think. She's just that open and easy-going about things. Besides, I doubt the dev would lock players out of her ending when she's such a popular love interest. It would be frustrating for people to have to play through the entire game again just because of some previous dalliance.
if the prequel is any indication, there are no real negative consequences playing the field, but the player will be prompted to make a choice near the end. It prevents a lot of branching complications for the majority of the game.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Yeah, idk, that "when it actually happens" is exactly where I was stuck at.

The mini-drama between El and Vi is so good, ngl. I'll choose El for my canon playthrough anyway, but I didn't know if I could keep the conflict between the two going after this episode, it felt like the dead-end had just arrived.
if girls want to fight then it's easy to arrange since mc has ring in his house where those 2 can hit and kick each other as much they want.

mc would bring popcorns for rest.

• Haha
Reactions: Walter Victor

Dr.TSoni

May 20, 2022
if girls want to fight then it's easy to arrange since mc has ring in his house where those 2 can hit and kick each other as much they want.
A woman with military training against a girl with trauma from aggression.....
Doesn't seem like a fair fight

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022

I disagree, imo these avn's are about consequences. Its the one thing makeing the big college avn this successful, the characters feel real and immersive because of their different reactions and consqeuences towards the MC's behavior.

Els not being concerned/pissed/whatever at all after she realises valentine fucked Vi too on their trip is just bad writing if it would happen like that. Its kinda lazy and the only intetion is to get rid of branching and therefore consqeuences. Otherwise these Girls are just cardboards ready to go along with anything these different versions of valentine do .. which just sucks as characterization

Imo it wouldnt be only illogical, it would damange Els character too (some for other girls to a degree, i can see it with some like Amrit but yeah..)

I really disliked how it was manager in the Author, feel way too much like a 12year olds fantasy with none of the girls haveing any troubles/jealousy or whatever with it.

maroek

Jan 18, 2018
Ooooh, we're talking about cat fights. Let's see...

Els is huge, compared to other girls. She also has a background in every type of combat.
Amrit is petite, yet pound for pound the best fightter.
Vi was taught by the MC and her brother in early childhood, and she picks up quick. Yet, apart from her breasts, she's tiny and at best a talented amateur.
Kana is just an American wrestling girl, and shown how showy and useless her skills are in a real hand to hand combat.
Ines has no interest in fighting, apart from watching.
Serena would sue anyone who lays a hand on her, but that's it.

So the finalists would be Els and Amrit. And that would be one hell of a fight to watch. A nimble pro vs a giant fringe-pro. That can go in any direction.

And this is only if the fight was clean. Els would destroy every single woman if she decides to fight dirty.

RoryTate

May 15, 2018
I disagree, imo these avn's are about consequences. Its the one thing makeing the big college avn this successful, the characters feel real and immersive because of their different reactions and consqeuences towards the MC's behavior.
This is the old "realism vs escapism" argument in art/entertainment. And the interesting thing here is that no one who defends the escapism position (like myself) has ever wanted zero realism in a game (although many on the other side do lobby for zero escapism unfortunately). From realistic and believable characters to realistic mechanics, I – and many others who enjoy escapism in our stories – always appreciate the time and effort taken to make something feel authentic. However, there is a point at which "too much" realism ruins the enjoyment of fiction. Because if a story or game offers nothing different than what we experience in our day-to-day lives, then there is no reason to engage with it.

The best stories are able to find a good balance between the two ideals. They have a reasonable amount of realism, but provide a comfortable escapist framework that minimizes frustrating consequences or limitations that people often wish weren't present in the real world. I think STWA: The Unbroken is pretty much a perfect mix of the two. For example, most people aren't nearly as tall as Valentine (I think he stands close to 2 meters tall, which is something that not even a very tall man like myself – standing at 191 cm – can claim), and it is enjoyable for many to imagine themselves without that limitation of having a set height for a brief period of time in their lives.

I really disliked how it was manager in the Author, feel way too much like a 12year olds fantasy with none of the girls haveing any troubles/jealousy or whatever with it.
I can't speak to whatever general problems you had with other VNs, but given that Els and the MC aren't dating and aren't exclusive at this point in the story – which is the subject of discussion at the moment – it shouldn't be a "fantasy" to expect that she is adult enough to deal with any feelings of jealousy or dislike she might experience when the MC takes her at her word regarding their non-exclusive status. Once the two become involved in a more serious relationship, then yes, of course she has every right to expect him to be faithful to her (and the same in return from the MC). And while you may choose to characterize this type of fiction with the pejorative of "a 12-year-old's fantasy", the reality is that this is many adult men's fantasy, because – and I'm going to put this fairly bluntly – there is absolutely nothing childish, problematic, gross, harmful or wrong with enjoying imagined situations in a fictional story that can't or are unlikely to occur within our limited timespans upon this Earth. /end rant

4.70 star(s) 110 Votes