VN Ren'Py STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 7] [STWAdev]

4.70 star(s) 112 Votes

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
I appreciate that i can keep banging everyone i want (currently on my first playthrough where i'm a manwhore), but at the same time it kinda takes me out of my immersion when every single LI says 'well we didn't say we were exclusive so i can't really be upset that you fucked my friend in front of me'.

In a non-harem game I feel like the consequences for being a cheating shitstain should be greater. It makes sense from a dev perspective i guess, because it helps avoid complaints about 'x LI got no content this patch'. But like... Amrit should have told me to go fuck myself by this point given she's watched me fuck another 5 girls after her. Instead she's in love with me

With that said, Ines is clearly the best girl. I felt so guilty picking the 'ines submission' choices and crippling her self esteem that i had to go back and repick a couple of them. Her dejected expression destroyed me
honestly I think it comes down to making it easier on the development process. The dev doesn't really have to worry about making a million branching paths. It's quite linear, and in the end each of them gets sort of an epilogue depending who you choose.

Reactions: pitao

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023
Just a little check in

Wanted to sneak in real quick and just thank everybody who's already played the update. I appreciate the continued support.
The update will be available to Blue Belt later this evening and to everybody else Saturday night.

I'll be using the next couple days to catch up on some customs and other dev work that I've been putting off then next week back into the grind.
Usual release QnA will be Sat July 6th, so mark it down if you're interested.
As always appreciate you all and hope you're well.

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
I appreciate that i can keep banging everyone i want (currently on my first playthrough where i'm a manwhore), but at the same time it kinda takes me out of my immersion when every single LI says 'well we didn't say we were exclusive so i can't really be upset that you fucked my friend in front of me'.

In a non-harem game I feel like the consequences for being a cheating shitstain should be greater. It makes sense from a dev perspective i guess, because it helps avoid complaints about 'x LI got no content this patch'. But like... Amrit should have told me to go fuck myself by this point given she's watched me fuck another 5 girls after her. Instead she's in love with me

With that said, Ines is clearly the best girl. I felt so guilty picking the 'ines submission' choices and crippling her self esteem that i had to go back and repick a couple of them. Her dejected expression destroyed me
Agree with everything about the relationship development(s), its great but would be better with a few more real consequences. Some girls may like when their crush is very succesful with other girls but nobody on this level without being a complete cuckqueen lmao

I could maaaaybe see with the younger girls due to an unhealthy amount of infatuation but never ever with els or kana and esp not when they are supposedly so badly in love with valentine and not at all hurt by him fucking everyone left and right. But it is what it is, as a avn dev you always have to ponder whats nessecary and what not to keep a somewhat okay development speed and he decided against things like these like in his last game already.

Both avns are "kind of" harems until the last chapter but i think they would be even better avn if they wouldnt be.

Do you got the impression that Ines felt dejected about the submission choices? To me it felt like she reacted confused and than was very much into it when she realised what was happening lmao

Jul 20, 2020
This one will be difficult to choose for me if he doesn't at least have a thruple/harem-lite in the end. His previous work had a perfect ending for me with all three with my MC. This one doesn't seem to be going that way although there are a lot of "X LI into girls" variables, so maybe I'll get my wish (though I think there will have to be some plot gymnastics to make it work).

Only LI I'm not fully on board for is Kana, although her story is intriguing enough to get involved.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
Honestly probably the closest game to perfection for my liking. Writing is great, likeable characters, enjoyable plot, great character development, it's just all around amazing. My only problem is figuring out which girl to pick because they are all lovable in their own ways.

Reactions: maroek and RoryTate

Bombmaster

May 8, 2022
cute this Els dere phase lovebombing Valentine.
still have a feeling she could turn Yuno Gasai esque at some wrong choice.... one thing is fucking every girl, other is tellin the L you to All of them and then leaving Els pregg and alone. (just imagine)
1705432371024.gif

Would be kino tho, never gonna happen.

Thamus

May 18, 2017
This game is not opening for me. Anyone have any suggestions? I've redownloaded a few times and have deleted and re-extracted several times. It brings up the log like most renpy games do before they open, but this one doesn't actually open. I haven't had any issues with prior updates, and I have plenty of storage room on my disk.
Just additional information when I open the "log" which I'm guessing is a launch log, it is empty. I don't know if that helps anyone with suggestions on how I can get this running. I looked on Google and couldn't really find anything that helped.

RoryTate

May 15, 2018
cute this Els dere phase lovebombing Valentine.
It does feel like lovebombing at times, but given how she just blurts out "I love him" at the therapy session – followed by the most beaming smile I've seen Els show – I think it's genuine and not a deliberate deception. She's just in that "head over heels" stage of starting a new relationship where "love madness" makes a person feel like they are on cloud nine.

Just additional information when I open the "log" which I'm guessing is a launch log, it is empty. I don't know if that helps anyone with suggestions on how I can get this running. I looked on Google and couldn't really find anything that helped.
Do other Ren'Py games also have this same problem, or is it just STWA that fails to start? In either case, you should make sure your graphics drivers are up to date, since that can cause this issue . Once you've ruled out display drivers and path name encoding issues (as in the linked troubleshooting steps), and followed through the other instructions to make sure the renderer is set to GL or ANGLE, the next step should be trying to start the game from the command line, and see if any error messages are displayed there.

Code:
Win + R
cmd.exe
C:\Games\STWAUnbroken-P7\TheUnbroken.exe

Last edited:

Thamus

May 18, 2017
It does feel like lovebombing at times, but given how she just blurts out "I love him" at the therapy session – followed by the most beaming smile I've seen Els show – I think it's genuine and not a deliberate deception. She's just in that "head over heels" stage of starting a new relationship where "love madness" makes a person feel like they are on cloud nine.

Do other Ren'Py games also have this same problem, or is it just STWA that fails to start? In either case, you should make sure your graphics drivers are up to date, since that can cause this issue . Once you've ruled out display drivers and path name encoding issues (as in the linked troubleshooting steps), and followed through the other instructions to make sure the renderer is set to GL or ANGLE, the next step should be trying to start the game from the command line, and see if any error messages are displayed there.

Code:
Win + R
cmd.exe
C:\Games\STWAUnbroken-P7\TheUnbroken.exe
It seems to be just this game and City of Broken Dreamers also did the same thing. When I bring up the cmd.exe it has C:\User\Admin. Does that matter? I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to programs. I apologize

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
It seems to be just this game and City of Broken Dreamers also did the same thing. When I bring up the cmd.exe it has C:\User\Admin. Does that matter? I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to programs. I apologize
something is preventing game.exe to load, it can be antivirus or microsoft defender.

4.70 star(s) 112 Votes