VN Ren'Py STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 7] [STWAdev]

4.70 star(s) 115 Votes

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Aha, why is that? I haven't played leap of faith yet.:WaitWhat:
Play it if you like, but don't follow the page. People over there are nuts!

I started following in anticipation of playing. Folks here have a nice level of devotion to their favorite girl, but there are some folks over there than need an intervention. o_O

Balu83 - just make sure you give such a good facepalm that it leaves a mark. :)

Last edited:

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022

I started following in anticipation of playing. Folks here have a nice level of devotion to their favorite girl, but there are some folks over there than need an intervention. o_O
Agreed. There are some threads that develop almost a cult like following that practically turns hostile if anyone dares criticize the VN of subject. Like, people don't know how to lighten up on some threads. I've seen it to some extent on LoF, and I see it especially on the Summer's Gone thread. There is a serious lack of reasonable perspective on that thread. You can praise the booba and praise the pretty renders, but mention the hilariously bad MC and painfully subpar writing and the pitchforks come out.

LoF might be better than most, but I think there is a ton of newer stuff that has been released since that has surpassed it handily. I'm mostly looking forward to seeing what U4IA is like now that Drifty has finished his entry VN.

Reactions: qaywsx

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022

To be fair, the chaos, started by one particular individual and egged on by a few fun-loving psychopaths, didn't start until after the game was finished ... also they're MOSTLY not serious (I think).

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
To be fair, the chaos, started by one particular individual and egged on by a few fun-loving psychopaths, didn't start until after the game was finished ... also they're MOSTLY not serious (I think).
Dozens of pages of ramblings and rantings make me question that. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Elhemeer

Chuck_Bass

Nov 25, 2022
Calling it crappy though ?

Come on.
Compared to Unbroken, yes it's crap. The story is silly most times, serious some other times, it's just a mixed bag of good, bad, some mediocre writing and an unlikable MC.

Sure, compared to some shit games you got out there where the plot is there because it has to be, its fine.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
The latest progress report from the developer at Patreon:

Check In 02/15/2023

Hello all, hope today is finding you well. It's another regular day here, it's snowing again so I'm just enjoying the chill.

Had a pretty dang good Sunday, with everybody distracted by the game I managed to smash out 9500 words. So now we're at 45,000 words. That put me further ahead of schedule than anticipated. I'll most likely spend the additional time doing a little script tightening. With the size I'm anticipating and my general update schedule I'm going to have to see what can be trimmed or moved cause I would really not like to not have 4000 render update for the sake of my own sanity.

Speaking of renders have about 350 renders posed and about 100 finished up completely. For the foreseeable future I expect these will take more time than usual because I thought renders with shitloads of people in them was a good idea, you'd think after all the time I've been doing this I'd have learned.

For the rest of today I'm going to be testing out an animation, I don't know if it's going to even make it into the final release just really trying to see if I can make a specific scene work, if it works than hey we get an animation early and if it doesn't it saves me some time down the line.

That's all the news for today. If you're a Blue Belt or above don't forgot this Sunday at 12pm Mountain time I'll be doing our monthly art stream on Discord, now that we're in the thick of update time again there will be potential spoilers, but feel free to drop by if you'd like to see how the sausage is made.

Thank you as always for the support and I hope you have a lovely rest of your week.

Sláinte!

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
snowing? lucky bastard, here it snows and melts again on next day or day after that.

• Sad
Reactions: Cahmon

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022

Heya. Now I'm not making this the meteorology channel, but I'll be damned it's snowing here again today. Now on to fun stuff.
We're sitting pretty comfortably at around 52,000 words. I only have about two and a half scenes left before we're all wrapped up writing wise. However these last two scenes are fairly complicated, there's a lot of choices from previous updates, this update and general standing the characters in question leading to different outcomes. At the moment one of said scenes has seven potential outcomes. Which when you take renders into account has a chance to snowball. So I need to work on consolidation and pathing and see how to best thread the needle. So I decided I'm going to put those last few scenes on the backburner this week and spend a more time doing posing and renders. Give that a bit of time to refresh.
Moving to renders 500 renders posed and about 203 finished up completely. Focusing on these this week we'll see where these end up.
Than animation I tested out last week actually ended up working as I intended so I guess we'll say I have one of those unexpectedly finished up as well. I'll probably spend a little time this week drafting out the rest for the update now that the script is mostly complete and I have a better idea of where everything is going to be. So I'll probably have a rough number to expect next week.
That's everything on the update front. A quick thank you to everybody who stopped by the stream on Sunday I hope you had a nice time.
Thank you as always for the support and I hope you have a lovely and safe rest of your week.

Sláinte!

Pr0nmanreview

Apr 25, 2022
I rarely monetarily support projects during development but this is one of those rare games that really hooked me so I'm sold on helping out on this one. It's been a while that I was more interested in the story and characters and the sexual stuff was just a bonus. Also impressed with how difficult it is for me to choose a women... I usually know right away but damn if I'm not conflicted.

Question for those who have been following had the dev made it clear for the ending in terms of the girls I'm hoping the story will allow you to be faithful to each girl if you so choose. I don't hate harems or polyamory but usually on first playthroughs I like to see the single paths.

Last edited:
Reactions: VOYEUR
4.70 star(s) 115 Votes