VN Ren'Py STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 7] [STWAdev]

4.70 star(s) 115 Votes

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I rarely monetarily support projects during development but this is one of those rare games that really hooked me so I'm sold on helping out on this one. It's been a while that I was more interested in the story and characters and the sexual stuff was just a bonus. Also impressed with how difficult it is for me to choose a women... I usually know right away but damn if I'm not conflicted.

Question for those who have been following had the dev made it clear for the ending in terms of the girls I'm hoping the story will allow you to be faithful to each girl if you so choose. I don't hate harems or polyamory but usually on first playthroughs I like to see the single paths.
The developer has made it clear that this is not a harem game. There will be single endings for each romanceable girl, and two or three endings where the MC can wind up with 2 girls (thruples).

In his previous game though, you didn't have to make a final choice until the end, where your previous choices would limit that final choice. We'll have to see if this game goes down the same road, but I'm playing it with that assumption.

Pr0nmanreview

Apr 25, 2022
The developer has made it clear that this is not a harem game. There will be single endings for each romanceable girl, and two or three endings where the MC can wind up with 2 girls (thruples).

In his previous game though, you didn't have to make a final choice until the end, where your previous choices would limit that final choice. We'll have to see if this game goes down the same road, but I'm playing it with that assumption.
Appreciate the response, that's interesting to hear, I don't really mind it either way but good to know! I haven't played his previous game yet.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Appreciate the response, that's interesting to hear, I don't really mind it either way but good to know! I haven't played his previous game yet.
His previous game is not a prerequisite for this one. There is a very early reference to the MC and others from the previous game, but that quickly disappears.

This is the second game in a series of three, which involves 3 separate MC's who know each other. But the plot for this one is completely separate from the first game. There is no dependency which crosses over from the first to the second. You can play this one with absolutely zero knowledge of the first game.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
His previous game is not a prerequisite for this one. There is a very early reference to the MC and others from the previous game, but that quickly disappears.

This is the second game in a series of three, which involves 3 separate MC's who know each other. But the plot for this one is completely separate from the first game. There is no dependency which crosses over from the first to the second. You can play this one with absolutely zero knowledge of the first game.
still the point stands, the game plays very similarly to the previous one in terms of relationships with the girls, so I expect it will end somewhat the same... pick a girl or two and that's it. Tho this one is even less obvious, because in the Author it was indicated quite early the throuple option with Lyndie and Aoife, here so far I didn't see that... so maybe just solo endings. I don't care either way, probably gonna play all of them anyway

PipeLayer2000

Dec 24, 2020
still the point stands, the game plays very similarly to the previous one in terms of relationships with the girls, so I expect it will end somewhat the same... pick a girl or two and that's it. Tho this one is even less obvious, because in the Author it was indicated quite early the throuple option with Lyndie and Aoife, here so far I didn't see that... so maybe just solo endings. I don't care either way, probably gonna play all of them anyway
I would argue that the game is very strongly hinting at a Kana/Amrit throuple.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
I would argue that the game is very strongly hinting at a Kana/Amrit throuple.
well not relationship points wise (which is good, no need to spoil us early), but I agree and can see it and would make sense, Amrit absolutely adores Kana so it's not far fetched to take that to the next level

Pr0nmanreview

Apr 25, 2022

Oh neat, good to know I didn't skip anything important. I see The Author under the developers works what is the other game?

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Oh neat, good to know I didn't skip anything important. I see The Author under the developers works what is the other game?
I'm not aware of a third game either but if someone wants to enlighten us that would be appreciated... anyway, I highly recommend for you to check out the Author as well, it's somewhat less flashy than this one, but still a very good game in the same universe

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
I'm not aware of a third game either but if someone wants to enlighten us that would be appreciated... anyway, I highly recommend for you to check out the Author as well, it's somewhat less flashy than this one, but still a very good game in the same universe
2 of the Main LI's will be Meabh's (Aoifes aunt) twin daughters from the Author

Ok, that sentence structure left some things to be desired, sorry. Meabh (Aoife's "aunt" in the Author) have twin daughters that will be LI's in the 3rd game.

Last edited:

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
The name of the third game is to be determined. It is reportedly about mob activity in Ireland. A minor character in The Author is featured.

The theme of The Author was a famous author who now has writer's block and how he copes. The theme of this game is an ex-military soldier, now MMA fighter, who is trying to live past whatever happened to him during his military activities. The actual theme of the third game is unknown, except to the developer.

Both of the first-two games stand out for their excellent character development. If you play both, you will also note a growing technical ability, even through this second game. This developer started out good, but is still growing.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Latest news from the developer at Patreon:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dev Journal 02/27/2023

And here's this months Dev Journal, this month we're spending a little time with Viridiana Davis.

I chose the name Viridiana for a few reasons. It's the name of an old movie that I rather enjoyed, and the name of one of my favourite characters from a book that had a rather large impact on me when I was younger. Additionally it means green and Vi has a whole green motif to her. Just a silly little thing I enjoy.

Physically, Vi had the least changes of any character in the early development stage. I actually had her designed about halfway through my development of The Author. Some characters are a big pain in the ass but Vi was an absolute angel. The largest and really the only big change (not counting the boring technical stuff that only 3d modeling nerds would care about) is her scars. In early drafts of her art, which you can still find if you want to go digging through Discord, she didn't have a facial scar. Originally her scars were mostly to be concealed on her body, however as I was working on her I just felt like something was missing. After some time I decided on expanding her scars and adding one to her face. I really like the result, it gives her face a dash of imperfection and also is a little unique focal point.

Emotionally Vi represents a lot of things. On the surface she of course has the sense of innocence, a young woman with stars in her eyes who still believes in true love and destiny and things working out okay in the end. I think that aspect of her is important it gives her a sort of inherent goodness. There are a few people like that in the world, who have such an inner warmness to them. I like people like that, I'm a curmudgeonly old mummy so I enjoy people who are warm and convivial.

But for all her good and warmth there's another part to who Vi is. Obviously the evidence of that is, as mentioned earlier, all over her body. Vi is innocent in her desire for things to be right, for the world to be a positive place she's not innocent to how the world isn't like that. Every day she wakes up with the evidence of such cruelty staring back at her in the mirror. For everything she believes Vi has already seen horrors that many never will and she's not ignorant to the fact that it can happy again to anybody at anytime. That's part of her muted response to the death of her brother. We've also had brief glimpses of other traumatic responses. Vi keeps soldiering on though, trying her best to find her way in the world.

Over the next few updates and of course continuing into the endgame you're going to start seeing a different side of Vi, not only the way she is but who she's hoping to become. If you choose to help her romantically or as her platonic protector your choices will help Vi be more of who she wants to be. I hope you have a lovely time bonding with the resident broken dove.

Thank you as always for the support and I hope you have a lovely rest of your week.

Sláinte!

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Latest progress report from the developer at Patreon:

Check In 03/02/2023

Hey pretties. Welcome to another beautiful month.

As I mentioned last update I would be taking the week off from writing so we're still at 52,000 words. Starting back on the writing grind today though, think I'll probably finish up my first draft next week. Then a bit of time editing and tightening as best as I can before it's off to the proofer.

Took my writing free time to really nail some posing and render out as best I could. 800 renders posed and 800 renders finished post worked and ready to go. It's nice to have everything all caught up on this front for now. I'll probably be doing the opposite of last week and spending more time writing and less time posing and whatnot, so don't expect as large of a jump in numbers next update.

Animations doing okay I'm at about 3 mostly finished besides general fixes and whatnot. which is about as close as they ever really get to finished until the final release. After working through stuff and whatnot my current estimate is somewhere around 30-35 expected, of course that's still fluid and after I go through my script draft and decide what can and can't be cut as well as the things that are just technically beyond my ability or would take far too much time to feasibly do on a schedule I expect it will change. For now though that's where I'm at.

That's all today, starting next week the title screens for the update will start being included. Additionally for those who hadn't heard this month will be the official 3 year anniversary of The Author and me entering the AVN dev community. So later this month I'll have a little post on the remaster and some other things of that nature.

Thank you as always for the support and I hope you all have a wonderful March!

Sláinte!

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
A few preview teasers from the developer at Patreon:

Sneak Peek 03/05/2023

Just a few renders today, much fun very wow.

Just FYI this month's art stream will be next Sunday March12th at 12pm Mountain time/19:00 GMT. Hope to see some of you there.

Thank you as always for the support and I hope you all have a great week this week.

Sláinte!

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
A few preview teasers from the developer at Patreon:

Sneak Peek 03/05/2023

Just a few renders today, much fun very wow.

Just FYI this month's art stream will be next Sunday March12th at 12pm Mountain time/19:00 GMT. Hope to see some of you there.

Thank you as always for the support and I hope you all have a great week this week.

Sláinte!
Always nice to see a notice that you've posted in this thread because it often means an update is available, frequently accompanied by tasty preview pics.

Thanks for what you do.

Last edited:

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I got around to playing part five finally. It seemed to be okay if not mostly uneventful, but at least it seems like the story is finally going to go somewhere soon. It's felt like fluff to me the last two updated really. It also seems the MC was right when he told Els that Ines was off limits. She's barely had an in let alone an actual path.

The new animations seem to be better in terms of frames but I cant help but notice that the positioning and lighting conveniently hides the actual sex act. At least in Kana and Amrit anyway. I can't comment on the "side" girls animations since I haven't watched them but it looks like that's where the bulk of them are. They also appear to have doubled the games file size in one updated.

Also is it just me or are the girls getting more and more aggressive towards the MC. It's getting increasingly harder to play a solo route. The only two that seem to be able to take a hint are Amrit and Serena. With the others most of their scenes play out exactly the same way no matter what you chose. With the only real choice being if you sleep with them or not.

Just my two cents.

4.70 star(s) 115 Votes