VN Ren'Py STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 7] [STWAdev]

4.70 star(s) 115 Votes

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Given some of the talk previously, I wonder if she and Vi will have some intimate moments - not full on scenes, just some tenderness and teasing as they break down their relationship progression with MC and start exploring what is happening now for them.
There WILL be thruples, so...

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I think Ines said her only "sexual" thing was kissing some drunk guy at the bar and thats about it.
Maybe it was some place else, but I thought one conversation with Vi suggested some exploration between the two of them, and that kissing the guy was her only experience with a male. Maybe there are alternatives and one had to have made "lesbian" choices at prior decision points for that snippet of dialogue - I've got a handful of alternate plays going and it may have been in one of those.

Or another AVN entirely.

Skrrt!

Oct 19, 2021
Latest report from the developer at Patreon:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Check In 03/23/2023

Ines taking center stage today. Keeping it brief as I can today, super busy.

Managed to get the draft down to 63,000 words. It'll probably hold there until I get it back from proofreading, then I'll have an official word count out. My proofreader is currently out of town, so it'll be a little time before he can schedule me in. But minus proofing I'd say the script is essentially complete. So I'll probably leave of reporting on it for future updates unless something else changes.

Renders are 1433 finished of the 1500 posed. Nothing exciting here.

Animations are at 11, fairly happy with where these are at, but two of them I'm considering taking another look at. We'll see how how time works out for me on that front

That's everything for now, back to work on my end.

Thank you as always for the support and I hope you all have a great rest of your week.

Sláinte!
every time I see even the smallest thing about Ines, I do the Birdman gif. The payoff gonna so good. I wish she mixed in a bet more French in her dialogues though. She hardly spoke any besides that one line when they burnt the food lol

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Developmental notes about Ines from the developer at Patreon:

Dev Journal 03/26/2023

And now we have our dev update for the month, starring the lovely Ines. One of these renders has already been chilling on my Discord for a while, but it's probably my favorite Ines render I've ever done so it gets recycled. Now on to our feature presentation.

Physically Ines was interesting to build. When I first began to work on her I literally only knew one thing for sure I wanted her to have, and that was her hair color. In the early stages of her assembly all I was sure about was that her hair had to be black. I already had two redheads, and two brown haired girls in the pack, with a blonde snapping around the group as well. I needed a black haired character, so I knew for sure it would be her. I started creating her model early into the development of Part Two, I wanted her complete so that when she was ready to be introduced in the next part I wouldn't be down to the wire. Funny enough that didn't work out so well. I had done maybe sixty or so renders of her first scene when a new hair asset was released, and I was enamored. I bought it and put it on Ines posthaste and discovered that it was exactly what I wanted for her, but using it would mean I would have to go back an redo the work I'd already done with her, I was very torn. But after I consulted a few other developers who'd seen her, and discussing it with them I decided that it was such an upgrade from the hair she had at the time and with how much I liked the new asset it was worth the extra work to change it, and thus we ended up with the Ines we have today. Aside from the little hair snafu I spent a great deal of time working on Ines, not quite as long as Elspeth, but Ines is a strong second place for character I worked on the longest. I spent at least a few minutes every day for about two months tweaking her, playing with different looks. I've always been very satisfied with how she turned out, honestly if you were to ask me who I was the most happy with from a physical design Ines would very likely be my answer.

Storyline wise it's harder to discuss Ines than previous journals. One because she's still keeping things close to the vest in storyline and two because as a character Ines her self wouldn't be able to describe who she is. If I had to pick something to really fit Ines and where she is, it's the word identity. Much of Ines's story revolves around her personal identity and what it means to her. Most of the cast of Unbroken have already sort of found that for themselves, they're older, or have a situation where the aren't really looking for who they are anymore, just looking for how they can be themselves better. Ines is the youngest, and arguably least experienced of any of the cast. At current timeline in Unbroken she's just a few months short of turning nineteen, she's in that part of life all us old folks experienced, where she's trying to find who she is, and what is important to her as an independent adult. And part of that exploration is meant to be fun, a callback to a different time for some of us. I remember stupid things I thought I'd be doing in the future when I was that age, or the dumb shit I tried just because I could, Ines is meant to be a bit of an ode to those stupid, bygone times.

Now I can't do much more, as we still have a lot of Ines to explore in game, but I'll bring her back for another dive in the future after we've seen some more. But I do want to take a quick moment and thank my French patrons and fellow devs who've been taking the time to help me make Ines a bit more French. Most know I'm a Yank, and I spent many years of my early adulthood living in the UK (Pompey represent) so I'm a bit more comfortable with those places. France on the other hand is not somewhere I've really been more than a few weeks at a time, and I speak about nine French words that I still remember from school. But it's important to me to give Ines more of her own national identity, so I really want to thank all the folks who've been helping me with that, taking the time to explain French culture and language, and how certain topics might be perceived has been indispensable. Also helping me with grammar and translation so that Ines can properly use her native tongue, much to the chagrin of a certain Croydon girl, is something I really appreciate. I don't know if they would want to be named here so for now I'll just say thank those folks for helping me French Ines up.

Now I've rambled enough so I'll leave it here for now.

Thank you as always for the support and I hope you have a wonderful upcoming week.

Sláinte!

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Developmental notes about Ines from the developer at Patreon:

Dev Journal 03/26/2023

And now we have our dev update for the month, starring the lovely Ines. One of these renders has already been chilling on my Discord for a while, but it's probably my favorite Ines render I've ever done so it gets recycled. Now on to our feature presentation.

Physically Ines was interesting to build. When I first began to work on her I literally only knew one thing for sure I wanted her to have, and that was her hair color. In the early stages of her assembly all I was sure about was that her hair had to be black. I already had two redheads, and two brown haired girls in the pack, with a blonde snapping around the group as well. I needed a black haired character, so I knew for sure it would be her. I started creating her model early into the development of Part Two, I wanted her complete so that when she was ready to be introduced in the next part I wouldn't be down to the wire. Funny enough that didn't work out so well. I had done maybe sixty or so renders of her first scene when a new hair asset was released, and I was enamored. I bought it and put it on Ines posthaste and discovered that it was exactly what I wanted for her, but using it would mean I would have to go back an redo the work I'd already done with her, I was very torn. But after I consulted a few other developers who'd seen her, and discussing it with them I decided that it was such an upgrade from the hair she had at the time and with how much I liked the new asset it was worth the extra work to change it, and thus we ended up with the Ines we have today. Aside from the little hair snafu I spent a great deal of time working on Ines, not quite as long as Elspeth, but Ines is a strong second place for character I worked on the longest. I spent at least a few minutes every day for about two months tweaking her, playing with different looks. I've always been very satisfied with how she turned out, honestly if you were to ask me who I was the most happy with from a physical design Ines would very likely be my answer.

Storyline wise it's harder to discuss Ines than previous journals. One because she's still keeping things close to the vest in storyline and two because as a character Ines her self wouldn't be able to describe who she is. If I had to pick something to really fit Ines and where she is, it's the word identity. Much of Ines's story revolves around her personal identity and what it means to her. Most of the cast of Unbroken have already sort of found that for themselves, they're older, or have a situation where the aren't really looking for who they are anymore, just looking for how they can be themselves better. Ines is the youngest, and arguably least experienced of any of the cast. At current timeline in Unbroken she's just a few months short of turning nineteen, she's in that part of life all us old folks experienced, where she's trying to find who she is, and what is important to her as an independent adult. And part of that exploration is meant to be fun, a callback to a different time for some of us. I remember stupid things I thought I'd be doing in the future when I was that age, or the dumb shit I tried just because I could, Ines is meant to be a bit of an ode to those stupid, bygone times.

Now I can't do much more, as we still have a lot of Ines to explore in game, but I'll bring her back for another dive in the future after we've seen some more. But I do want to take a quick moment and thank my French patrons and fellow devs who've been taking the time to help me make Ines a bit more French. Most know I'm a Yank, and I spent many years of my early adulthood living in the UK (Pompey represent) so I'm a bit more comfortable with those places. France on the other hand is not somewhere I've really been more than a few weeks at a time, and I speak about nine French words that I still remember from school. But it's important to me to give Ines more of her own national identity, so I really want to thank all the folks who've been helping me with that, taking the time to explain French culture and language, and how certain topics might be perceived has been indispensable. Also helping me with grammar and translation so that Ines can properly use her native tongue, much to the chagrin of a certain Croydon girl, is something I really appreciate. I don't know if they would want to be named here so for now I'll just say thank those folks for helping me French Ines up.

Now I've rambled enough so I'll leave it here for now.

Thank you as always for the support and I hope you have a wonderful upcoming week.

Sláinte!
Truly looking forward to her development. And, she truly is a work of art.

Reactions: Skrrt!

DovahKing111

Dec 5, 2022
It's a deeply emotional form of intimacy - simple, yet profound.

Try it some time, but it has to be the right situation, and it has to be sincere.
I just thought it was getting kinda funny that there was so much of it. Looks like it has become a meme checking over on Discord. Not complaining this game is one of the better ones out there, good stuff so far, just felt like I was patting a cat, a puppy or a little kid on the head :KEK: I thought maybe it was gone when I got to later in the game but nope the headpatting was still there, at least in Amrit and Vi's case, both of which I adore. I've finished my first playthrough and am wondering if I should do another playthrough right away or just wait for the next update. I like many of the girls but I'm not sure how the routes work, what the throuples are, and so on. I could check the walkthrough but that kind of takes a little of the fun away of knowing what happens. This first playthrough I tried to focus on Vi but Amrit kept tugging at me and I find her hard to resist as well. Think I was also somewhat flirty with Ines, she's very gorgeous. That being said without spoiling too much can anyone tell me, if I'm completely ignoring other girls will I get more content with Vi? Or does it matter much if you pursue other girls while also pursuing Vi? I may be wrong but in my first playthrough it didn't appear we have to make a hard choice yet about which girl we want to be our actual girlfriend. What are the throuples planned and how will they be handled? Or if I completely ignore other girls will I get more content with Amrit as well? I did notice that if you don't fuck Kana after giving her her Christmas gift I got a scene with Vi but that's about all that's stuck out to me as far as extra content with Vi based on a choice like that.

Last edited:

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
I just thought it was getting kinda funny that there was so much of it. Looks like it has become a meme checking over on Discord. Not complaining this game is one of the better ones out there, good stuff so far, just felt like I was patting a cat, a puppy or a little kid on the head :KEK: I thought maybe it was gone when I got to later in the game but nope the headpatting was still there, at least in Amrit and Vi's case, both of which I adore. I've finished my first playthrough and am wondering if I should do another playthrough right away or just wait for the next update. I like many of the girls but I'm not sure how the routes work, what the throuples are, and so on. I could check the walkthrough but that kind of takes a little of the fun away of knowing what happens. This first playthrough I tried to focus on Vi but Amrit kept tugging at me and I find her hard to resist as well. Think I was also somewhat flirty with Ines, she's very gorgeous. That being said without spoiling too much can anyone tell me, if I'm completely ignoring other girls will I get more content with Vi? Or does it matter much if you pursue other girls while also pursuing Vi? I may be wrong but in my first playthrough it didn't appear we have to make a hard choice yet about which girl we want to be our actual girlfriend. What are the throuples planned and how will they be handled? Or if I completely ignore other girls will I get more content with Amrit as well? I did notice that if you don't fuck Kana after giving her her Christmas gift I got a scene with Vi but that's about all that's stuck out to me as far as extra content with Vi based on a choice like that.
At the moment (with a few exceptions, like when deciding to visitt Kana or go home ) you can do pretty much whatever you want with any of the girls with no punishment. Most scenes will be available, so go nuts. Routes won't be locked in for a while yet if the dev's previous game is any indication

Reactions: DovahKing111

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Latest report from the developer at Patreon:

Check In 03/29/23

No title screen this week, had a lot to get to this week and it fell a bit by the wayside my apologies. This update will be split into two parts because I don't want to bombard you with emails in one day. We'll have our usual check in and then a little something extra.

Writing hasn't changed since last week. Mostly finished with all my usual work, just waiting until my proofer gets back from his time away to bother him and get my final draft.

Renders are 1723 finished of the 1723 posed. Keeping up with these pretty well. I'd estimate I'm probably roughly halfway done with renders at this point. Speed will pick up now that writing is out of the way, and that's a rough estimate, so take it with some salt.

Animations are at 12, fixed the two I wasn't happy with last week and finished up another one, pretty satisfied with where these are at.

That's everything for Unbroken, now a quick little detour.

Today is a special day for me, it's actually the three year anniversary of the very first release for The Author. As horrifying as the ever marching passage of time is it also seems to be a good day to make the official announcement of, drumroll please...

The Author: Definitive Edition!

While most people in my Discord and elsewhere have been very aware this has been something I've been plugging away at in my spare time I've never really made a proper announcement of it. But once the current Unbroken update finishes up I only have a little more to complete. And finally the albatross will be off of my neck.

The new edition is a total facelift, with art more consistent with the quality of Unbroken. It will also have full animations, a soundtrack including some original songs written just for the game as well as general improvements. In the next few weeks or so I'm hoping to get my Steam page up, and you'll also start to see the Patreon and Discord getting ready. Of course I need to finish up my current Unbroken work before all this gets wrapped up so I guess I better get back to it. But I'll leave you with a little promo image I made, those who've been in my QAs might figure out what it means, and we get a little peek at all the remastered ladies.

Thank you as always for the support and I hope you all have a great rest of your week.

Sláinte!

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
For whatever it is worth, The Author lived on in this game also,
one may wonder how much more definitive can one get
after the proper send off The Author got in this here game:
MC form that game dipped some ink under the skin of all the hotties
and chose a beau, while staying still sort a disconnected from reality,
still living the scripted life of thinking lines and slapping tags on people.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
For whatever it is worth, The Author lived on in this game also,
one may wonder how much more definitive can one get
after the proper send off The Author got in this here game:
MC form that game dipped some ink under the skin of all the hotties
and chose a beau, while staying still sort a disconnected from reality,
still living the scripted life of thinking lines and slapping tags on people.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Thats good news.
The Author needs fixing in the writing department too, I wonder if he is going to re-write the plot a bit too.
god, no, just no!
author is in the past, this game is the present and the future.
dev switching his focus is the last thing i would wanna now.

btw, isnt there the author thread, where this discussion should go (if continues ofc)

4.70 star(s) 115 Votes