VN Ren'Py STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 7] [STWAdev]

4.70 star(s) 115 Votes
Mar 15, 2021
Latest report from the developer at Patreon:

Check In 03/29/23

No title screen this week, had a lot to get to this week and it fell a bit by the wayside my apologies. This update will be split into two parts because I don't want to bombard you with emails in one day. We'll have our usual check in and then a little something extra.

Writing hasn't changed since last week. Mostly finished with all my usual work, just waiting until my proofer gets back from his time away to bother him and get my final draft.

Renders are 1723 finished of the 1723 posed. Keeping up with these pretty well. I'd estimate I'm probably roughly halfway done with renders at this point. Speed will pick up now that writing is out of the way, and that's a rough estimate, so take it with some salt.

Animations are at 12, fixed the two I wasn't happy with last week and finished up another one, pretty satisfied with where these are at.

That's everything for Unbroken, now a quick little detour.

Today is a special day for me, it's actually the three year anniversary of the very first release for The Author. As horrifying as the ever marching passage of time is it also seems to be a good day to make the official announcement of, drumroll please...

The Author: Definitive Edition!

While most people in my Discord and elsewhere have been very aware this has been something I've been plugging away at in my spare time I've never really made a proper announcement of it. But once the current Unbroken update finishes up I only have a little more to complete. And finally the albatross will be off of my neck.

The new edition is a total facelift, with art more consistent with the quality of Unbroken. It will also have full animations, a soundtrack including some original songs written just for the game as well as general improvements. In the next few weeks or so I'm hoping to get my Steam page up, and you'll also start to see the Patreon and Discord getting ready. Of course I need to finish up my current Unbroken work before all this gets wrapped up so I guess I better get back to it. But I'll leave you with a little promo image I made, those who've been in my QAs might figure out what it means, and we get a little peek at all the remastered ladies.

Thank you as always for the support and I hope you all have a great rest of your week.

Sláinte!
Please don't waste time working on 2 games at the same time, finish everything in unbroken first and then start a new project, I hate when devs do this, why can't you all finish one thing first? I love unbroken and I don't wanna wait 7 or more months for a new update because of a remaster of an old game.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Thats good news.
The Author needs fixing in the writing department too, I wonder if he is going to re-write the plot a bit too.
Doesn't need touching.

Please don't waste time working on 2 games at the same time, finish everything in unbroken first and then start a new project, I hate when devs do this, why can't you all finish one thing first? I love unbroken and I don't wanna wait 7 or more months for a new update because of a remaster of an old game.
He isn't working on a new game, he's adding the finishing touches to the first game.

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
Normally I stay out of things, but I'm just gonna nip this in the bud before it spirals. As I stated in the post itself, this has been a project I've been working on in my personal time, since literally before I even started Unbroken. Hence why it's taken two years to remaster, it's already almost done. As I stated, once this current update of Unbroken finishes and I take my usual week for myself I should be able to finish up the last bit of work needed during that time. You're worried about a project that is essentially already done. I've been very open forever in my community that this was something I was plugging away at, but that Unbroken always has been the priority. It was only announced "officially" because it's close enough to finished that I felt comfortable letting people know.

TLDR: This is something I've been working on for years on my days off. It's almost done, hoping to use my between update break to finish it completely. Now back to my regularly scheduled Unbroken work.

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023
author is in the past, this game is the present and the future.
dev switching his focus is the last thing i would wanna now.
I largely agree with that, I hope he will finish Unbroken before he starts re-working other stuff.
I am just saying generally, if he is going to do it, I hope it's not just a new coat of paint.

ktunga

Jul 10, 2022
well he can re edit if he wants to but i dont think he will touch the dcript bcs for many is one of the best put in a vn here.
but i will say to STWAdev maybe after finish the unbroken you can add a harem path to the writer......i know ....im only dreamig but maybe in a distant future?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: cxx

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Normally I stay out of things, but I'm just gonna nip this in the bud before it spirals. As I stated in the post itself, this has been a project I've been working on in my personal time, since literally before I even started Unbroken. Hence why it's taken two years to remaster, it's already almost done. As I stated, once this current update of Unbroken finishes and I take my usual week for myself I should be able to finish up the last bit of work needed during that time. You're worried about a project that is essentially already done. I've been very open forever in my community that this was something I was plugging away at, but that Unbroken always has been the priority. It was only announced "officially" because it's close enough to finished that I felt comfortable letting people know.

TLDR: This is something I've been working on for years on my days off. It's almost done, hoping to use my between update break to finish it completely. Now back to my regularly scheduled Unbroken work.
and most of us appreciate the hell of out it... I'll freely admit I haven't paid for your games (or most AVNs I've played for that matter, with the exception of 1-2 games), but I respect the effort you put into your games and wish you good luck

Reactions: ktunga

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Latest report from the developer at Patreon:

Check In 03/29/23

No title screen this week, had a lot to get to this week and it fell a bit by the wayside my apologies. This update will be split into two parts because I don't want to bombard you with emails in one day. We'll have our usual check in and then a little something extra.

Writing hasn't changed since last week. Mostly finished with all my usual work, just waiting until my proofer gets back from his time away to bother him and get my final draft.

Renders are 1723 finished of the 1723 posed. Keeping up with these pretty well. I'd estimate I'm probably roughly halfway done with renders at this point. Speed will pick up now that writing is out of the way, and that's a rough estimate, so take it with some salt.

Animations are at 12, fixed the two I wasn't happy with last week and finished up another one, pretty satisfied with where these are at.

That's everything for Unbroken, now a quick little detour.

Today is a special day for me, it's actually the three year anniversary of the very first release for The Author. As horrifying as the ever marching passage of time is it also seems to be a good day to make the official announcement of, drumroll please...

The Author: Definitive Edition!

While most people in my Discord and elsewhere have been very aware this has been something I've been plugging away at in my spare time I've never really made a proper announcement of it. But once the current Unbroken update finishes up I only have a little more to complete. And finally the albatross will be off of my neck.

The new edition is a total facelift, with art more consistent with the quality of Unbroken. It will also have full animations, a soundtrack including some original songs written just for the game as well as general improvements. In the next few weeks or so I'm hoping to get my Steam page up, and you'll also start to see the Patreon and Discord getting ready. Of course I need to finish up my current Unbroken work before all this gets wrapped up so I guess I better get back to it. But I'll leave you with a little promo image I made, those who've been in my QAs might figure out what it means, and we get a little peek at all the remastered ladies.

Thank you as always for the support and I hope you all have a great rest of your week.

Sláinte!
I have to admit, I'm a little nervous about this. I don't mind STWAdev taking time off to work on the overhaul, but the artwork in the promo doesn't look better as much as it looks higher resolution. The girls themselves are a rather different and IMHO a little bland. That's probably not a fair comparison (especially since it might be an side-effect of the broken glass motif), but I've long felt the art in The Unbroken is just less lively than it was in The Author. *Some* of that can be blamed on Valentine's PTSD, but not all of it. I'll try to keep an open mind, but I'm not excited by the news.

But in the meantime I might as well run through the numbers. It's still a little hard to parse the data we get but I think it's a little clearer than it was in Part 5. So here goes. STWAdev has completed 290 renders, 1 animation and 0 new words in the last week.. Overall, he's averaging roughly 136 renders, 0.9 renders and 5000 words per week since Part 5 launched. Here are the charts, which also includes the details of the earlier weeks. As an added bonus, there are some new charts which will show how work the pace of work on Part 6 compares to that of the previous two chapters.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As you can see, this does look like it will be a big update. If we believe STWAdev's estimated totals, art will probably be finished somewhere around June. That's just a very rough guess though.

hampsure

Dec 4, 2021
Checked out this game after seeing Amrit appear in another game there was a crossover done with (played part 4 at the very end of last year and then part 5 since it was released almost immediately after I'd played part 4). I've been lurking on and off for a while and finally got around to putting in a rating/review. I do have one thing I didn't include in the review as it's more of a small personal hangup and something I wanted to ask for insight/thoughts into since I haven't played the first game and don't know the writing style as well as a lot of you seem to:

Despite finding the writing pretty good thus far, the one minor thing that's erked me has been the penchant for making too many characters have some sort of super impressive background. Is the extreme level of their (previous) success vital to their story and what they're dealing with, is it to simplify the character setup, or is this just part of the style of the author to turn things up to 11?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

A lot of us can relate to dealing with having had success/promise in something from earlier in our lives and the internal struggles and external pressures it can cause later. Expectations and feeling like success wasn't earned (relating to family or otherwise) are also highly relatable themes. I feel like going over the top in detailing the level of success/talent detracts from that relatability. It's bad enough that the characters are painted this way but then the story doubles down by persistently reminding us of these details.

I still loved these characters after getting to know more about them regardless. I "dinnae," maybe I've just been traumatized by what passes for a good character in Hollywood these days where front-loading characters with over the top traits to tell people they're extra special now sets off red flags in my head. ;)

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Does anyone else have the issue where you are invested in the overall story but you honestly can't remember who you are romancing? Every update I am at a loss as to which of these women I am trying to go after, if at all. I have to use process of elimination to come up with a list of possible suspects but even then I can't rule out the idea that I may have done a "pervemon" and tried to collect them all.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Does anyone else have the issue where you are invested in the overall story but you honestly can't remember who you are romancing? Every update I am at a loss as to which of these women I am trying to go after, if at all. I have to use process of elimination to come up with a list of possible suspects but even then I can't rule out the idea that I may have done a "pervemon" and tried to collect them all.
just go after everyone? Then you don't need to pick and choose... none of LIs are really off-putting at least for me so that makes it easier

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
just go after everyone? Then you don't need to pick any choose... none of LIs are really off-putting at least for me so that makes it easier
Eh, I'm wound too tight. I have issues with a coach being in a relationship with his student, or a client being in a relationship with his lawyer, or a "big brother figure" being in a relationship with his "kid sister figure"...It's all about power deferentials (and I only care because I actually care about the characters, I don't have those compunctions in other "wham, bam, thank you ma'am" types). But that still leaves me with 2-3 other characters and I can't remember which of those three was tops on my list. I'd make a note somewhere but I'd probably lose the note and, when the wife found it, have a lot of "splainin' to do"... ;)

• Haha
Reactions: MadisonFreeman

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I take notes for every game I play; I store those notes in separate files for each game in a dedicated folder. These notes contain the descriptions of characters, as well as choices made, and for some games a whole lot more.

Sure makes it a lot easier when you play a bunch of them, even if the creation of those notes takes some time.

robrize2169

Oct 8, 2022
i am with you there lol. many harem games are that way for me. i get the new update after some months, and i am like..oh yeah who am i fucking again?

Reactions: MrFriendly

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
I take notes for every game I play; I store those notes in separate files for each game in a dedicated folder. These notes contain the descriptions of characters, as well as choices made, and for some games a whole lot more.

Sure makes it a lot easier when you play a bunch of them, even if the creation of those notes takes some time.
Jeez that's dedication, J. Edgar would've been proud :D .

Out of curiosity, how big is that file for BaD ? 75MB ? :D .

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
This game starts with MC BEING IN A VERY TOUCHY-FEELY RELATIONSHIP WITH LITERALLY
ALL THE GIRLS IN HIS HOUSE - because they are MMA FIGHTERS AND TRAIN TOGETHER.
There is no point in training full contact if you cannot do the moves together,
MC and his friend cannot just talk and be done with it, this is not how contact sports get coached.

This update definitely needed more checks before letting Clara get deflowered by just anyone. Like with Chaz, there should've been checks on the previous scenes with her and Chaz, if they weren't there she shouldn't have done it. At least with Sabatian there was the line that all he had to do was pay her, but that line along with her revealing how much money she had earlier in the day lends to the belief that Clara has been doing stuff the MC isn't aware of, and I'm kind of wondering if she really was a virgin or if MC is assuming so.

Clara hasn't mentioned her virginity since early in the game when she said it was a reason her and Gordon broke up. And she specifically avoided answering questions about her virginity during the game.
Clara gets seduction points at jakson sceens
Eh, I'm wound too tight. I have issues with a coach being in a relationship with his student, or a client being in a relationship with his lawyer, or a "big brother figure" being in a relationship with his "kid sister figure"...It's all about power deferentials (and I only care because I actually care about the characters, I don't have those compunctions in other "wham, bam, thank you ma'am" types). But that still leaves me with 2-3 other characters and I can't remember which of those three was tops on my list. I'd make a note somewhere but I'd probably lose the note and, when the wife found it, have a lot of "splainin' to do"... ;)
i am with you there lol. many harem games are that way for me. i get the new update after some months, and i am like..oh yeah who am i fucking again?
Jeez that's dedication, J. Edgar would've been proud :D .

Out of curiosity, how big is that file for BaD ? 75MB ? :D .
MC is always doing stuff with the many girls who know or have known or wanna know him,
this game is about one MC as a public figure and after Macgregor and Mayweather flamboyant money thRowing antics in your face MMA styles, everyone wants a piece of this rising full contact sport star
MC is.

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 115 Votes