VN Ren'Py STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 7] [STWAdev]

4.70 star(s) 115 Votes

misfolk

Jan 22, 2021
Why is Kana wearing boxing gloves? Is she going to try hitting other show wrestlers for real?

hampsure

Dec 4, 2021
the lovely Julia showing off the new UKFA uniform.
Nice. Since last update I've started to wonder about where things are headed with Julia. Glad she got branched off a bit from being tied strictly to the Ring Girl branch and hoping she does have some crossover with the others to spice things up rather than just being an alternative or at odds with them.

I can see how this approach counters the lack of information the players have by the players putting in more effort, but it also circumvents the meaning of choice.

I just don't see how the players learning that their choices have been in tune with who the MC is retrospectively, adds anything but confusion to the story. But I respect your opinion and understand your point of view, and if you prefer a layer of darkness around the MC and you filling out all edges by using multiple paths then that certainly takes care of any ambiguity that occurs as we learn more.
I do generally like the formula of slowly learning the background in some stories rather than having it put in an exposition dump or prolonged intro. I like that it forces me to re-contextualize things with the new information presented in mind. What I don't care for is when things start to feel unnecessarily withheld from the player for way too long for the sake of prolonging the story or setting up drama in an unnatural manor which I've seen happen in certain other games. So pacing and proper usage is key.

I do agree that the whole premise makes decisions in a first playthrough, especially towards the beginning, feel way less meaningful. How should I know what the MC should or would do when I lack most of the knowledge he has? So I end up just making the choices that leave things the most open when possible or feel the most right depending on my own tastes for the first playthrough which by the end doesn't always end up in line with how I might have played had I known things I find out later. Then I do another playthrough. :LOL: It's admittedly bit of a conundrum that I usually enjoy the format so much and yet don't necessarily care for how it affects my decision making and usually necessitates at least a couple playthroughs.

These days a lot of games (particularly AVNs with any routes in them) assume the player wants that replay value out of the game. It's sometimes an assumption I don't necessarily care for myself. Depending on the game it can be a positive or negative for me. As I've gotten older I've started to really appreciate games that respect the player's time more. With most AVNs it's not a terrible issue as most I've played have been relatively short enough to do all the routes I care about (though I avoid or work around having to start over completely where I can)... but some AVNs being made to be longer series has me a bit concerned.

Why is Kana wearing boxing gloves? Is she going to try hitting other show wrestlers for real?
Sure hope not, but maybe she'll need a Rocky-style training montage to get prepared. :LOL:

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
The latest progress report from the developer at Patreon:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Check In 04/05/2023

Amrit stepping up this week, eager to win the title screen battle... Whatever the hell that is.

As it has been for the past weeks, draft is done, my proofer has returned and I'll be sending the draft off. Aside from noting when I get my edited draft back I'll probably not be yammering about this any further, save us all a little time.

Renders are 1913 finished of the 2000 posed. I'm not sure I'm completely satisfied with the current batch of 50 or so I'm working on right now, I may want to retouch the lighting, but the could just be from staring at them all day. I find that revisiting with fresh eyes changes perspective often so we'll see how I feel about it tomorrow. The next scene is the boogieman of the update (there's always one) in which I'm hoping to fit 15-20 people on screen for a decent amount of time. I expect it will be... maddening, and slow going. But the juice is worth the squeeze and other such platitudes.

Animations are at 15. That completes two full scenes and moves me to what I expect will be the "crown jewel" so to speak. I want to make sure these one's really shine, so I'll be dedicating a few extra hours a week to them. In fact I'll be working on it the second we're done here.

That's all the update info. Just FYI, I'll be doing this months art stream this Sunday, April 9th at 12pm MST/19:00 BST in the usual place. I hate doing this earlier in the month, but as the update gets closer to conclusion I have less time to spare.
Hopefully I'll see a few of you there.

Thank you as always for the support and I hope you all have a lovely April.

Sláinte!

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
A shout-out to the redheads of our world.
LOL, as a connoisseur of redheads who hasn't been here very much recently if you have some games you'd like to recommend that have a redhead focus please let me know. Oddly enough though I love redheads Els just doesn't do it for me. As has been enumerated previously she runs too hot and cold, seemingly has no qualms about violating the MC's privacy, and I believe the MC will always be intimidated by her. She lacks passion, everything with her is calculated, she doesn't let go and fling caution to the wind (at least not without at least 12 backup plans). She's the direct opposite of the cliched "fiery redhead".

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
This is why French Dolls is best waifu, followed by The Fighting Quinn, and then Little Red. Stacked Red is too cold, despite how stacked she be.

Reactions: MrFriendly
4.70 star(s) 115 Votes