VN Ren'Py STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 7] [STWAdev]

4.70 star(s) 115 Votes

Zenith2137

Apr 13, 2020
missedmemeopportunity.PNG

I'm gonna riot if the dev doesn't change this line to "This is getting out of hand! Now there are two of them."

jufot

May 15, 2021
is this aharem game or should imake solo save for each girl ?
If the previous game is anything to go by, you won't need multiple saves until the very end where you'll get a menu with all the girls.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
is this aharem game or should imake solo save for each girl ?
Not a harem game. In his previous game there was a mini harem but nothing has been said of the same thing happening in this one. Best to hedge and do a save for each.

Or be like me and not choose anyone for the first episode

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
Not a harem game. In his previous game there was a mini harem but nothing has been said of the same thing happening in this one. Best to hedge and do a save for each.
Obviously it's far to early to tell but I don't see any kind of harem happening in this game. I still thought it was dumb but the only reason it kind of worked in his last game was because the characters involved were all really good friends, that doesn't really seem to be the case in this game yet.

Reactions: MrFriendly

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Obviously it's far to early to tell but I don't see any kind of harem happening in this game. I still thought it was dumb but the only reason it kind of worked in his last game was because the characters involved were all really good friends, that doesn't really seem to be the case in this game yet.
Yeah, the entire mini-harem felt like a bit of a stretch but, as you said, they were all really good friends. It wasn't that appealing to me, but then I never finished that game with any sense of satisfaction. My interest dwindled at the end, I think there just wasn't a lot of drama. It was all front loaded into the story.

Anyway, that's all me.

In this game I just don't see a mini-harem. None of the ladies seem the type to share.

Reactions: Rinbael

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
Yeah, the entire mini-harem felt like a bit of a stretch but, as you said, they were all really good friends. It wasn't that appealing to me, but then I never finished that game with any sense of satisfaction. My interest dwindled at the end, I think there just wasn't a lot of drama. It was all front loaded into the story.

Anyway, that's all me.

In this game I just don't see a mini-harem. None of the ladies seem the type to share.
I have said before that I'm completely bored of harem/throuple stuff and only tried it in that game out of curiosity. I personally really didn't like how all of a sudden Bea decides she is interested in joining the throuple and personally I thought it was just fan service for people that wanted a harem but it is what it is. I liked all the solo endings in that game so I wasn't that bothered with Bea's solo ending being my favorite.

Unless the LI's still to be introduced might be into sharing I don't see any of the current ones being interested but it's still to early to say I suppose.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I have said before that I'm completely bored of harem/throuple stuff and only tried it in that game out of curiosity. I personally really didn't like how all of a sudden Bea decides she is interested in joining the throuple and personally I thought it was just fan service for people that wanted a harem but it is what it is. I liked all the solo endings in that game so I wasn't that bothered with Bea's solo ending being my favorite.

Unless the LI's still to be introduced might be into sharing I don't see any of the current ones being interested but it's still to early to say I suppose.
Yeah, I really hope that STWA has solo endings for everyone. I don't like harem endings which require characters to act illogical or against their nature. I know people like them and I don't mean for this to come off as kink-shaming, everyone should like whatever they like. I have grown tired of female characters suddenly being bi- or going from jealous to "down with sharing" just to please fans.

We shall have to wait and see what is planned for this one, right now it doesn't seem likely. Would be interesting to see if someone originally agreed with sharing but then realized they were unhappy and backed out. I don't think I've ever seen that.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017

Well, that multiple ending with Bea is NOT the canon thruple ending. You have to jump through a few hoops to get it, and it made absolutely no sense to me, as it did not seem to fit Bea's nature.

The actual thruple ending did seem to evolve organically, though. The two girls involved had been friends forever. I don't see a similar situation in this game.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
Would be interesting to see if someone originally agreed with sharing but then realized they were unhappy and backed out.
Yeah I agree with your whole post but this point specifically would definitely be interesting but I forsee a lot of people being pissed and whining if a developer baited and switched them like that.

Well, that multiple ending with Bea is NOT the canon thruple ending. You have to jump through a few hoops to get it, and it made absolutely no sense to me, as it did not seem to fit Bea's nature.

The actual thruple ending did seem to evolve organically, though. The two girls involved had been friends forever. I don't see a similar situation in this game.
Yeah that's why I think it was just fan service since I personally think it ruined her character if it was canon. Since on her solo ending it really seemed like she was only interested in a monogamous relationship with the MC.

While I wasn't really interested in it agree the throuple was at least well done especially with Lyndie acting as the "beard" for Aoife in order to keep it a secret. Though like I mentioned i don't see a throuple working in this game especially with the MC of this game being more famous than the one from the author, it would be hard to keep it a secret unless the developer just copies the same thing from the last game.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Bea didn't join the throuple and I don't think that particular ending broke her character either.

She asks him if he wanted to bang Lyndie and if he says yes she goes Cuckquean which is still in line with her character as she tries to set him with Lyndie from the start. She only really interested in watching the sex and being with him, she doesn't suddenly decide to go pussy diving.

That said it's still not a canon ending.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
Bea didn't join the throuple and I don't think that particular ending broke her character either.

She asks him if he wanted to bang Lyndie and if he says yes she goes Cuckquean which is still in line with her character as she tries to set him with Lyndie from the start. She only really interested in watching the sex and being with him, she doesn't suddenly decide to go pussy diving.

That said it's still not a canon ending.
It has been while since I played that game and I had played the Bea solo ending first and was really happy with it so I was probably bias.

Though you did have to jump through some hoops to get that particular ending so I suppose it's kind of stupid to compare her character on her solo route and her character in the non-cannon bonus ending. Since on her solo route you aren't interested in Lyndie so she doesn't originally try to set you up with her.

Though it could be because I can't understand the whole cuckqueen kink anyway and I probably never will so maybe I'm just ignorant.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Since on her solo route you aren't interested in Lyndie so she doesn't originally try to set you up with her.
She does.

The first time you meet Bea properly in her bookshop she's trying to set the MC up with Lyndie.

She doesn't accept being chosen herself until much later, she's wanting him to get with Lyndie or even Aoife at one point.

The offer at the end is her just repeating what she was asking in the bookshop near the start and giving him another chance at Lyndie with her included this time.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
She does.

The first time you meet Bea properly in her bookshop she's trying to set the MC up with Lyndie.

She doesn't accept being chosen herself until much later, she's wanting him to get with Lyndie or even Aoife at one point.

The offer at the end is her just repeating what she was asking in the bookshop near the start and giving him another chance at Lyndie with her included this time.
Oh right. I must have been misremembering and mixed up what happened I will take your word for it Ava. Though I will say that I still didn't like that ending and I'm glad it's non-canon since I liked the solo routes of that game much better especially Bea's solo ending.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Oh right. I must have been misremembering and mixed up what happened I will take your word for it Ava. Though I will say that I still didn't like that ending and I'm glad it's non-canon since I liked the solo routes of that game much better especially Bea's solo ending.
I totally agree, Bea's solo ending is by far one of the better ones and my personal canon.

That said I don't think any of the endings are bad as such but the solo endings for all the girls were much stronger than the throuple.

I loved how the throuple built up over time but I also loved how everyone hinted during the ending that it may not last. It was something they were going to try but by no means certain of a happy ever after.

That was what pleased me most about the endings, they all fit the characters.

Bea struggling to be accepted, afraid of being left behind suddenly realising she's the main girl and preparing for motherhood.

My second fave was Kims. Hers fit so well. They went travelling, her still healing so they didn't commit to a relationship until one day it did hit her she was in love.

While Bea ended up taking my number one spot for character and ending, Kim took my number 1 spot for story. Her arc was awesome.

I adored Chris though.

Just need this one to keep up that level of character investment and it's a winner.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
Just need this one to keep up that level of character investment and it's a winner.
Yeah I agree Bea's ending was my favorite with Lynde's in second and Kim's in third though I also really liked Dru and Chris as well. Kim's ending was the one I was most surprised about since I hated her at first then became terrified of her and then went from being worried for her safety to being really happy with her ending.

Kim's character development is the reason why I'm really trying not to immediately form an opinion of the girls in this game since I might end up going from hating a character to them being my favorite. I suppose actual character development is so rare from games on this site that there is a reason I like this series so much to support the dev on patreon for so long.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Yeah I agree Bea's ending was my favorite with Lynde's in second and Kim's in third though I also really liked Dru and Chris as well. Kim's ending was the one I was most surprised about since I hated her at first then became terrified of her and then went from being worried for her safety to being really happy with her ending.

Kim's character development is the reason why I'm really trying not to immediately form an opinion of the girls in this game since I might end up going from hating a character to them being my favorite. I suppose actual character development is so rare from games on this site that there is a reason I like this series so much to support the dev on patreon for so long.
Kim is a great lesson in learning to enjoy the wait and see approach to a good story. I hated Kim and Beatrice at the beginning for completely stupid and contrarian reasons (my way of saying I sometimes like to be an asshole). But at the end I found myself very sympathetic to Kim's story, not so much Bea's as I didn't understand her motivation for her behavior.

Anyway, do to the revelations that we late in coming in the last game I didn't want to have the MC in this game rush into something. I see him regretting his sluttish ways so, if he really does regret it, then perhaps he should stop and try to wait until the sex has more meaning to it.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
Kim is a great lesson in learning to enjoy the wait and see approach to a good story. I hated Kim and Beatrice at the beginning for completely stupid and contrarian reasons (my way of saying I sometimes like to be an asshole). But at the end I found myself very sympathetic to Kim's story, not so much Bea's as I didn't understand her motivation for her behavior.

Anyway, do to the revelations that we late in coming in the last game I didn't want to have the MC in this game rush into something. I see him regretting his sluttish ways so, if he really does regret it, then perhaps he should stop and try to wait until the sex has more meaning to it.
I was the same I hated them both but they won me over later on especially Bea. Yeah my MC in this game is going to wait a bit till he gets to know everyone better. I have already turned down both the ring girl and the Lawyer so far.

erkper

May 16, 2018
Or be like me and not choose anyone for the first episode
Didn't you not choose anyone at the end, either? Or just not play to the end?

I was the same I hated them both but they won me over later on especially Bea. Yeah my MC in this game is going to wait a bit till he gets to know everyone better. I have already turned down both the ring girl and the Lawyer so far.
Same, I turned them both down too. Wasn't feeling any appeal whatsoever for either. Also didn't even talk to Jogging Girl. Completely ignored her more than once, I believe.

4.70 star(s) 115 Votes