VN Ren'Py STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 7] [STWAdev]

4.70 star(s) 115 Votes

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I think your thoughts on LI's are contagious.

I'm in the same boat with this one as you were with the first. I really enjoy the story and I adore the characters but i'm not feeling any of the romance choices.

None of them give off that "I could be the love of your life vibe" like a few did in the first.

One I did like is just so secretive about everything that trust issues would be a problem, some of them just don't feel ready for a full commitment and some just don't do anything for me.

I think i'll just stick to the story this time. I want to see how their careers progress. Still looking forward to a more in depth look at Aoife's Irish mob family in the third.
Sorry you caught the bug! I really enjoy STWAdev's stories but I am at a loss when it comes to the sexy times... This game I (think) Kana will be the one but I'm perfectly okay with going full Trappist Monk (always have one foot out the door).

As for the next game, I am still unsure if I will even play it. I really dislike mob/mafia media, I find the way that criminal life is portrayed as glamorous or in someway admirable is disgusting. Organized crime has done terrible things for a long time and unless the game is where the MC is an undercover cop taking down the syndicate from the inside I don't see myself being interested.

lorddarkam

Jan 1, 2018
BaDIK too. I love the fact that you can have friendly moments with girls you rejected romantically or didn't pursue.

But most devs of those games seem to think we don't care about girls if we don't want to fuck them. Though it's also more work to develop a friend path in addition to a lover path
i think this increase even more the amount of renders necessary

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
i need moreeeeeeeeeeeeee ...

this game is awesome

hope my mc can get Vi and Kana on a "throuple" route :cool: (if there is any in the future)

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
I'm actually finding myself growing ambivalent about the adult content in this game. That's actually a credit to the writing. You've got a PC who has a reputation as something of a love 'em and leave 'em type who's been using sex to partially cover for some of the trauma of his army days and friend's betrayal.
So two points. Speaking from personal experience, sometimes when their emotional and sex life gets blown apart some people go through what I call their "slut phase" or man whore phase. You fuck anything and everything that catches your eye. In my experience that burns out after a while, and you return to your roots. So in this case I think that is the MC's history as we begin this VN. Further we don't know if the various women with whom he engaged were looking for more than a hot physical no strings relationship. If that's the case then no harm no foul.

Second point.
We're told that some of his "companions" and his ex have been trashing him nonstop. So his "reputation" is only in part his doing.

We, the players, determine the truth. We can play the arrogant asshole or the thoughtful guy whose come through that tunnel and wants to get back to being a good guy. In a very real way, far more than many VNs, the story is up to us.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
So two points. Speaking from personal experience, sometimes when their emotional and sex life gets blown apart some people go through what I call their "slut phase" or man whore phase. You fuck anything and everything that catches your eye. In my experience that burns out after a while, and you return to your roots. So in this case I think that is the MC's history as we begin this VN. Further we don't know if the various women with whom he engaged were looking for more than a hot physical no strings relationship. If that's the case then no harm no foul.

Second point.
We're told that some of his "companions" and his ex have been trashing him nonstop. So his "reputation" is only in part his doing.

We, the players, determine the truth. We can play the arrogant asshole or the thoughtful guy whose come through that tunnel and wants to get back to being a good guy. In a very real way, far more than many VNs, the story is up to us.
if there were be a "comment of the day" smiley- this one would get mine

nailed it i would say

Reactions: UncleFredo

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
I deadass thought he just hung around you a lot.
Yeah well, he used to but you two have some difficult history aswell, alot now happening with MC has ties to Davis and MC's past and on top there's his sister in your house now. I expect we will see Davis appearing on a regular basis, during scene's with his sister but also in the veteran centre or just with McNab or Elspeth....

Reactions: MrFriendly

BeingADikDik

Engaged Member
Apr 17, 2021
I deadass thought he just hung around you a lot. I may have skipped a bit in the beginning, sure.
Well, MC does get punched in the head a lot ... with all that head trauma, it could be in character to imagine an entourage.

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Enjoyable update

Finally had a fight for the MC in it

Cant wait to see whats next for this game

Still going for a harem route even if there is not a harem route

Since all the women are pretty interesting and hot

Jan 28, 2019
Great game thus far. I like the MC, the girls, and the plot.
I am curious about some of the stats that players wouldn't normally see without a mod (Protect and secrecy. Like, are these bad stats? If protect is high does that mean you're trying to protect her or she is trying to protect Vi from you? If you raise secrecy, does that mean she feels the need to keep secrets from you or that she is open to sharing them with you?) But other than that, it was a great experience.

I'm just wondering how the game will end up playing out in a "celibate" playthrough. I don't know why I do this, but in some games I play, I just decide early on to pursue no one, and though I have love points with all the girls I can, I've focused on friendship and do no have a single sex scene, by the end of the current build. It will be interesting to ultimately play the game to its conclusion this way, before I end up going back and playing properly.

Jan 28, 2019
I'll chip in with my two cents on the matter. I understand the concern, but at this point we aren't even a fourth of the way into the story. We've barely scratched the surface of who many of these characters are, and how they view relationships. They're still developing and finding their footing.

As for patron voted content I'd point out the Author also contained it. It's not the patrons telling me willy nilly what to do, they get a choice between the story that I've already written. I'm willing to let people express what they might have interest in seeing, but in the end I'm only writing the story that I want to write.

Appreciate the input either way though, always important to see what's being discussed.
Gotta admit, I'm hoping there is room for a harem ending.
I'm a sucker for a harem ending. And these games are made to be sexual fantasy anyhow.
That said, in a game, like this one, that takes itself seriously, I'd hope that such an ending, if it ever existed, was difficult to get to, and felt earned.

I was sort of bummed that no such ending existed in The Author, outside of the throuple, but it also made sense, for that story. (I do feel, though, that with all the girls knowing they were all intimate with the same guy, and all OK and in a mind to have fun, it could have worked out that they decided to keep a status quo.... but that's a hope and a dream, for a different game, that's already complete anyhow...)
In this one, as it is written so far, I think there is more wiggle-room for such an out come.
And one thing I like about the mod is it shows points, but not paths. Even using the mod, one might not have the points to achieve a hard to reach harem ending, if the paths aren't what is shown.

I know, I know, a harem is unlikely. And seeing as my stupid-ass is doing a celibate playthrough for the first run of the game, it's silly for me to wish for it.
But if such a thing could work, in the story you want to tell, I know I'll be eager to see it.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
I am curious about some of the stats that players wouldn't normally see without a mod (Protect and secrecy. Like, are these bad stats? If protect is high does that mean you're trying to protect her or she is trying to protect Vi from you? If you raise secrecy, does that mean she feels the need to keep secrets from you or that she is open to sharing them with you?) But other than that, it was a great experience.
Protect is a stat only for Ines, Secrecy is a stat only for Elspeth, they are definitely triggers but we can't be sure how and when they will be used.... From the story so far Ines will be more likely to protect Vi if she has high protect values, Elspeth will keep things secret with high secrecy values... But could very well be these triggers will also check another stat ; like when if your infamy is higher you're a bad guy so much more reason to protect Vi then with a high fame value. Just guessing there, but there must be some logic to it. (try to compare when you can make these choices, elspeth secrecy often is paired with McNab rivalry and Vi acceptance often with grief, for Vi it's also love or either family or friend)

Wouldn't worry too much about these stats, each girl has some and together they will basicly shape her behavior towards you.
Besides that your own stats infamy/fame, McNab rivalry/friend will also likely give different outcomes or just what is said...

Reactions: humanstickobserver
4.70 star(s) 115 Votes