VN Ren'Py STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 7] [STWAdev]

4.70 star(s) 115 Votes

Arrdvark

Jan 23, 2018
As a huge fan of MMA, I really appreciate all the references. The hat tip to Forrest Griffin and Stephen Bonnar. The announcers' names, while changed, are obviously some of the most well-known in the sport. And Kana talking about interviews and promotion being a big part of the fighter's job (which mirrors things that Chael Sonnen says on his ).

I also really like the image of Vi rolling for the armbar in the BJJ class (that must have been a nightmare to pose).

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Latest Patreon report:

Check In 02/16/2022

Hey all how you doing today?

Nothing exciting happening over here, just living the dream. In case you missed it part 3 was released to purple belts and above on Sunday, had a pretty positive reception so I can't complain about that. Did a bit of bug fixing, some code cleaning and the like and I'll be opening up access to the Blue Belt tiers this evening.

Otherwise not much else going on. catching up on some commissions, and trying to enjoy my post update wind down a little.

Looking like we'll be doing our QnA this Sunday at 12pm MST, if you want to come ask me a question or tell an idiot or something feel free to hop into the Discord and have a chat.

That's it for me today. Thanks as always for the support and I hope you have a lovely rest of your week.

Sláinte!

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
Damn! That was a great update! It is so hard to choose one girl, but I guess, till here, Vi is my favorite one, but I like Els and Am very much. Ines, Kana and Rena are beautiful too. Damn! So difficult to choose!

Reactions: Cigzag

Paynne

Oct 31, 2018
Great update, I was hoping for some more Els content, but overall a great update. I think this game and STWAdev deserve much more support.

Reactions: VOYEUR and Cigzag

erkper

May 16, 2018
Huh. So I played the first release of this after being a huge fan of The Author and then skipped the second. Came back now with the third update. Not sure I care too much for the "talking to the dead guy in my head" schtick. But it appears this will be the story, so I'll live with it. Gotta say, I love this story and/but have absolutely no interest in any of the girls except Vi. (Always been a sucker for the protector role, even when it's laid a bit thick.) In Author I ran a save for each LI (or combo LIs) except Kimberly (IRL reasons, don't ask) but I won't be doing that here. Rejected Rena so fast her head spun, not interested in Amrit except as a protégé, don't care to get involved with someone I have to pry basic information from with a crowbar. Vi needs Ines as a friend a lot more than I need a teenage fuckbuddy, and I still see no appeal to (or reason for) Jogging Girl. To this point she feels so superfluous that I still won't bother referring to her by an actual name.

Cigzag

Feb 20, 2020
Huh. So I played the first release of this after being a huge fan of The Author and then skipped the second. Came back now with the third update. Not sure I care too much for the "talking to the dead guy in my head" schtick. But it appears this will be the story, so I'll live with it. Gotta say, I love this story and/but have absolutely no interest in any of the girls except Vi. (Always been a sucker for the protector role, even when it's laid a bit thick.) In Author I ran a save for each LI (or combo LIs) except Kimberly (IRL reasons, don't ask) but I won't be doing that here. Rejected Rena so fast her head spun, not interested in Amrit except as a protégé, don't care to get involved with someone I have to pry basic information from with a crowbar. Vi needs Ines as a friend a lot more than I need a teenage fuckbuddy, and I still see no appeal to (or reason for) Jogging Girl. To this point she feels so superfluous that I still won't bother referring to her by an actual name.
Pretty much just sounds like this is not your type of VN/story. Which is fine, but if I had a problem with pretty much 99 percent of the content (which you definitely seem to) and didn't care for all of the love interests except for one, I would probably just drop it and move on to something else as I imagine it would get pretty jading.

I definitely agree with not caring for the ''talking to the dead guy in my head'' shtick though, that's one of the of the very few things that's made me roll my eyes in an otherwise really well written story.

Definitely don't agree with your take on the LI's however.

I actually think Vi is one of the least interesting characters (along with Rena, Rena is the only ''LI'' I really don't see the point of and care for.) Elspeth is secretive and mysterious which is insanely attractive to many people because it makes you want to get her to a point of trusting you enough to break down her walls and open up to the MC, Kana is a retired wrestler with an air of mystery and reservations to her as well which I think perfectly blends in to the games fighting theme. Amrit is insanely gorgeous and I love the whole coach/protege dynamic going on there (and again, fits in perfectly to the story) Ines...yeah not sure how I feel about her yet but I do agree with you about Vi needing a friend more than the MC needs a teen fuck buddy, but the same could be said for Vi herself to be fair.

Last edited:

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I like Elspeth and Vi also the lawyer and Ines are hot. Now the dead dude is becoming annoying. During this last update I was thinking that maybe the MC has brain cancer or something because he talks more with him than with the girls :cautious:

Sep 3, 2020
I like Elspeth and Vi also the lawyer and Ines are hot. Now the dead dude is becoming annoying. During this last update I was thinking that maybe the MC has brain cancer or something because he talks more with him than with the girls :cautious:
oh my God bro

I was thinking the exact same thing about the dead friend

I was thinking to myself

. This motherfucker has more screen time than Elspeth
:LOL:

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
I definitely agree with not caring for the ''talking to the dead guy in my head'' shtick though, that's one of the of the very few things that's made me roll my eyes in an otherwise really well written story.
I was thinking the exact same thing about the dead friend
It's strange to have a dead friend in the room in scenes and he's in flashbacks too. But there's enough hints the MC is traumatised and Davis seems to be a large part of that trauma allthough we do not know the extend of his involvement (yet). We do know MC was at a point he was ready to kill his former best friend, army buddy and superior officer.... He was going to his marriage despite these facts but Davis died and now MC needs to be there for his sister Vi... Only to learn even there Davis influenced things between MC and Vi... (the missing letters)
In a way the ghost of Davis seems to be reflecting the MC's progress in coping with his trauma and his current life.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
It's strange to have a dead friend in the room in scenes and he's in flashbacks too. But there's enough hints the MC is traumatised and Davis seems to be a large part of that trauma allthough we do not know the extend of his involvement (yet). We do know MC was at a point he was ready to kill his former best friend, army buddy and superior officer.... He was going to his marriage despite these facts but Davis died and now MC needs to be there for his sister Vi... Only to learn even there Davis influenced things between MC and Vi... (the missing letters)
In a way the ghost of Davis seems to be reflecting the MC's progress in coping with his trauma and his current life.
I agree with you but it seemed this last update that Davis became much more present... The previous update we had a couple of scenes with Davis, this time it felt like Davis was showing up a lot more. Perhaps that's supposed to symbolize the mental anguish that the MC is in and the fact that he isn't coping well yet internalizing it all - the issue is escalating. But I find it distracting and it takes away from the MC interacting with other characters that I want to see progress more.

erkper

May 16, 2018
Pretty much just sounds like this is not your type of VN/story. Which is fine, but if I had a problem with pretty much 99 percent of the content (which you definitely seem to) and didn't care for all of the love interests except for one, I would probably just drop it and move on to something else as I imagine it would get pretty jading.

Definitely don't agree with your take on the LI's however.

I actually think Vi is one of the least interesting characters (along with Rena, Rena is the only ''LI'' I really don't see the point of and care for.) Elspeth is secretive and mysterious which is insanely attractive to many people because it makes you want to get her to a point of trusting you enough to break down her walls and open up to the MC, Kana is a retired wrestler with an air of mystery and reservations to her as well which I think perfectly blends in to the games fighting theme. Amrit is insanely gorgeous and I love the whole coach/protege dynamic going on there (and again, fits in perfectly to the story) Ines...yeah not sure how I feel about her yet but I do agree with you about Vi needing a friend more than the MC needs a teen fuck buddy, but the same could be said for Vi herself to be fair.
It's very much my type of VN/story, save for the ghost of Davis getting more screen time than anyone not named Valentine. IIRC (and maybe this changed in the last 8 months while I wasn't following the thread) the dev repeatedly pointed out this isn't a "gotta fuck em all" game anyways, so why is it an issue if I have only one LI that I want to pursue? If I didn't care for any of them then you're right, not much point. But I am enjoying the story and pursuing Vi (or more accurately to this point, letting her pursue me.) I get the dynamic of Am being interested in Valentine but it seems rather unprofessional of him to allow a relationship while he's coaching her. I already stated my opinion on Elspeth, and if you don't see a different relationship dynamic between Valentine and Vi, who he has had a close relationship with for many, many years, and the total lack of a relationship with Ines, well I'm not even commenting on that any further. Jogging Girl was literally just dropped into the the plot for no apparent reason, and while I have nothing against her personality, looks, or character (so far,) I just don't really care if she's there or not. Other than being a LI she seems to have no purpose or link to anyone else in the story, and I don't think the story would be any worse off if she hadn't been introduced. Unlike every other character Valentine interacts with, she has zero backstory relating to him or one of the other characters that ties her to the group.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Jogging Girl was literally just dropped into the the plot for no apparent reason, and while I have nothing against her personality, looks, or character (so far,) I just don't really care if she's there or not. Other than being a LI she seems to have no purpose or link to anyone else in the story, and I don't think the story would be any worse off if she hadn't been introduced. Unlike every other character Valentine interacts with, she has zero backstory relating to him or one of the other characters that ties her to the group.
It's your opinion but she has a purpose even though you don't see it. And she's connected in a way to Amrit (was her life model) and to the MC (same line of work)

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
It's your opinion but she has a purpose even though you don't see it. And she's connected in a way to Amrit (was her life model) and to the MC (same line of work)
Well, same line of work i don't really know.... Seems to me Kana was more into the show wrestling then a real fighting sport.
As far i know jumping from rings is usually practised in show wrestling but i'm no expert, MMA hasn't been around that long either so who knows what sports they invent over time. ;)

Reactions: erkper

Sorter

Aug 11, 2017
This may or may not have been asked, but at the beginning of Chapter 2, when Valentine wakes up, who was the first woman that he sees?

erkper

May 16, 2018
Yes it is my opinion. Never claimed otherwise. And you might notice I qualified by saying Jogging Girl has no "apparent" purpose. It's quite possible SWTADev will enlighten us with some currently unknown connection so that her appearance in the story makes sense. But Amrit idolizing someone she has never met is not a pre-existing connection.
Well, same line of work i don't really know.... Seems to me Kana was more into the show wrestling then a real fighting sport.
As far i know jumping from rings is usually practised in show wrestling but i'm no expert, MMA hasn't been around that long either so who knows what sports they invent over time. ;)
and vogelbeest is correct, Jogging Girl is a "professional wrestler," not a professional fighter, and in their dialog it is pretty specifically pointed out how different those occupations are. Valentine even jokes at one point about Jogging Girl saying he should learn to fake fight when he already fights for real for a living.

Reactions: vogelbeest

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
quality update as usual, different heartbreaking stories from girls, plot advanced bit (ant's steps) and finally mc had sex (not just once but thrice, wouldn't have guessed who would be 1st girl to get to ride mc's dick).

scrshots:

1. dunno about that, 3. that's big mug, 6. -7. could have gone topless since that shirt barely covers anything, 9. that i doubt and alot, 11. - 12. bit oddly clothes change between scenes.

screenshot0001.png screenshot0002.png screenshot0003.png screenshot0004.png screenshot0005.png screenshot0006.png screenshot0007.png screenshot0008.png screenshot0009.png screenshot0010.png screenshot0011.png screenshot0012.png

erkper

May 16, 2018
quality update as usual, different heartbreaking stories from girls, plot advanced bit (ant's steps) and finally mc had sex (not just once but thrice, wouldn't have guessed who would be 1st girl to get to ride mc's dick).

scrshots:

1. dunno about that, 3. that's big mug, 6. -7. could have gone topless since that shirt barely covers anything, 9. that i doubt and alot, 11. - 12. bit oddly clothes change between scenes.

View attachment 1661226 View attachment 1661227 View attachment 1661228 View attachment 1661229 View attachment 1661230 View attachment 1661231 View attachment 1661232 View attachment 1661233 View attachment 1661234 View attachment 1661235 View attachment 1661236 View attachment 1661237
11 - 12 is a current/flashback scene, note Elspeth's long hair (current style) in the first shot and her short military cut in the flashback second screen.

Reactions: vogelbeest

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
I trust you will begin to reduce the number of appearances of Vi's brother as Valentine starts to get better each episode

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
Another solid update,love and I can't stress this enough, I love the fact that players actually have control over Valentine's career and it's dependent on us whether he lose or win,I was hoping it wouldn't just be automated fights, but naah I actually got to whip Griff's ass manually, fecked him up 17 seconds into the second round.
I also love the fact that we can either be the cocky asshole or the humble dude, obviously I chose to be the "McGregor"

If I have to nitpick I guess it would be the characters facial expressions, often times they seem dead and emotionless and their facial expressions does not match with the emotion expressed in the dialogue, but I'm sure that'll improve with time, the rest of the game is solid.

4.70 star(s) 115 Votes