VN Ren'Py STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 7] [STWAdev]

4.70 star(s) 115 Votes

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Just because people express their feeling about, let's say, a not well implemented throuple route, throwing out "it's optional, so deal with it" to their faces is certainly not a solution, mate. You seem to think so, apparently.
As far i know all throuples are planned or semi planned by patreon vote, there's no way to tell if they are implemented good or bad, only that it's optional once it gets implemented. Some people have bad experiences with patreon voted content and might fear it will work out bad for this game, the dev however told the patreon voted content is not a random poll with result likely to go anywhere, it's 3 possible options he has written already.

So far the discussion is mostly about what if's and personal expectations based on the current content. We know we're about a quarter of the story at max, there's alot more coming.

There's enough valid reasons to argue some characters might need more backstory to make a throuple credible or more believable, but it's useless to just say it wont work when it's already planned. Same way we can't tell others to deal with it, we can't tell the dev to change it because we just think it doesn't work, however the dev can tell us to deal with it, it's that simple.

Numa_Cway

Jul 9, 2019
a not well implemented throuple route
And that is exactly the point parachoucs and I as well were trying to make: It's not even implemented yet.
How can you even say it "not well implemented" when it isn't even implemented at all. When we have no idea what three throuple endings there will be (out of ~9).

The whole discussion started when it came to be known there will be three throuple endings and Avaron announced that throuples don't make any sense in this game. Why? How?
Not even a fourth of the game is done (Stew's words btw) so how is it fair to the dev to say that throuples don't make sense?
Maybe he is able to write a story where throuples make sense after all? Maybe not all three but one or two?
Parachoucs answered with "If it's your opinion that throuples don't make sense in your eyes, don't play the path(s)". Absolutely true.

Maybe you can shorten the whole discussion to: Maybe wait until the game is finished before you decide something that hasn't even happened yet doesn't make sense. And if you still don't like it then, play the other paths.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Maybe you can shorten the whole discussion to: Maybe wait until the game is finished before you decide something that hasn't even happened yet doesn't make sense. And if you still don't like it then, play the other paths.
Or some other game. We always have choices.

Reactions: Ilhares

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Latest Patreon report:

Weekly Check In 03/16/2022

Yo Yo,

Hope everybody is doing okay. Hell of a weekend over here but things are calming down now, so I'm happy to be back to work.

Have about 19,000ish words converted in to some script. I was hoping to be at 20 today, but such is life. That still gets me into the range I was hoping to be at by now, so I guess I'm just being picky.

Started posing and rendering a little earlier than I do in the cycle, working out so far, interested to see how it works out in the longer run. Already have the first 75 or so posed and ready. 20 so far rendered and awaiting post. Had this particular series of scenes visualised for years, so I'm excited to finally get them out into the world.

The only other thing of note at the moment is that I'm still adding some QoL adjustments to the last release when I have time. That way I won't have to worry about adding as much before the next release. So if you see the latest release get an update it's only QoL and not new content. Just wanted you to know so you weren't wondering.

Alright back to my dev cave. Hope you all have a lovely rest of your week! Thanks for the support.

Sláinte!

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Avaron announced that throuples don't make any sense in this game. Why? How?
Mainly because, like I already said, throuples and polyamory in general is a lifestyle not a relationship you fall into.

To be in that kind of relationship you need to be damn sure what you want, be able to trust the others involved completely and have a solid hold on your emotions because even the most open of people struggle with that shit at times.

Most of the main cast are mentally damaged, none of them are experienced with that kind of life and at least 3 of them are virgins with zero life experience (outside of losing everyone she has ever known in the case of Vi) and no idea what in the blue hell they are doing.

Calling back to Aoife and Lyndie the writing there even indicated that the relationship might not last because throuples are hard work and that was between 2 girls who are lifelong friends and knew each other inside and out and a man one of them had been fantasising about for years and another with a massive infatuation.

That man, while trying to shut himself off from the world, was still open to being with someone and able to commit to people who could trust him.

The only people in this game with that kind of friendship are Els and McNab. Some are friends but not that close and the whole Kana and Amrit is entirely based on "I R fan".

3 throuples in 1 game with a cast like this is overkill and pure fanservice.

The story is excellent. Along with the dev of Sorcerer and Terminus Reach, Author and this are amongst my favourite stories. I love the depth of character and how well mental health is handled.

I loved all the relationship choices in the first game.

This one i'm having a hard time getting into the "romance" side of things because outside of gorgeous character models with well made backgrounds I don't find girls that are mentally broken to be sexy. Nor am I attracted to people clinging on out of desperation like Vi or utter childish desperation like her friend. Amrit would probably be the closest I could see to a romance option if she was a bit older and more experienced. Kana ran away from her entire life and I couldn't trust her not to do it again.

It's just discussion.

As for the whole bullshit "well if you don't like it don't play those routes" ... you have no idea how much I fucking hate that whole "don't like it don't play/watch/do it" mentality. It's never worked out for anyone that's said it.

This thread is to discuss the game and peoples opinions on it and that includes any issues anyone might have with certain content and I couldn't give a flying squirrels nut shot if that bothers anyone.

Or to be equally fucking irritating ..... if you don't like it don't read it.

Or some other game. We always have choices.
I don't think anyone has claimed to dislike the game that would warrant not playing it entirely.

Not like you to make silly posts.

Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

Ahx

Jul 9, 2021
And that is exactly the point parachoucs and I as well were trying to make: It's not even implemented yet.
How can you even say it "not well implemented" when it isn't even implemented at all. When we have no idea what three throuple endings there will be (out of ~9).

The whole discussion started when it came to be known there will be three throuple endings and Avaron announced that throuples don't make any sense in this game. Why? How?
Not even a fourth of the game is done (Stew's words btw) so how is it fair to the dev to say that throuples don't make sense?
Maybe he is able to write a story where throuples make sense after all? Maybe not all three but one or two?
Parachoucs answered with "If it's your opinion that throuples don't make sense in your eyes, don't play the path(s)". Absolutely true.

It IS not implemented yet. It is early. That's why I said we were too early to have a discussion about this. Remember?

Anyway, I was making an example, taking about complaints and opinions. How others judge on opinions by mistaking it for complaints.

I personally don't like patreon voted contents either, especially when it is about these 'routes'. I'd prefer if the dev decided it for himself, since he knows what's best.

Vi and Ines might be able to work it out being in a throuple route. Even that's a stretch. Not sure about the others.

Last edited:
Reactions: botc76

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Vi and Ines might be able to work it out being in a throuple route. Not sure about the others.
That's probably the only one I couldn't think of a good argument against other than lack of experience and Ines coming across too desperate.

I'd prefer if the dev decided it for himself, since he knows what's best.
That's my entire argument every time Patreon voted content is involved.

I play these games to see what devs can bring to me. If I wanted to read the nonsense random forum goer number 43974 had i'd read shitty fanfic.

It's also why I have yet to see any dev that has had a major storyline voted on by Patreon not turn into a massive cluster fuck of utter nonsense.

I get devs want their audience involved and I get people want to feel involved.

Doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I don't think anyone has claimed to dislike the game that would warrant not playing it entirely.

Not like you to make silly posts.
So here's a serious question. If/when STWAdev adds those 3 throuples that you are so adamantly against, assuming you don't like the result as seems inevitable, what will you do? Just not play those routes? Play them anyway and just complain about it? Drop the game? Finish this one since you're already invested in it, but not bother with the final game? What?

There is one person who by their posts would seem to be so against this eventuality that they might not play it. That would be you. There is one person here who is writing lengthy theses about their opposition. That would also be you.

I actually have dropped games that looked promising when the developers turned them into fan votes for plot lines. If this game turns into something I don't like, I WILL drop it and my Patronage. How about you?

Playing another game is ALWAYS a choice.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
So here's a serious question. If/when STWAdev adds those 3 throuples that you are so adamantly against, assuming you don't like the result as seems inevitable, what will you do? Just not play those routes? Play them anyway and just complain about it? Drop the game? Finish this one since you're already invested in it, but not bother with the final game? What?

There is one person who by their posts would seem to be so against this eventuality that they might not play it. That would be you. There is one person here who is writing lengthy theses about their opposition. That would also be you.

I actually have dropped games that looked promising when the developers turned them into fan votes for plot lines. If this game turns into something I don't like, I WILL drop it and my Patronage. How about you?

Playing another game is ALWAYS a choice.
I have an issue with the romance side of things but i've said, multiple times, I enjoy everything else. I didn't like the relationship nonsense between Oliver and Felicity but it didn't stop my enjoyment of Arrow. Just because I dislike one thing doesn't mean I dislike the whole thing.

I'm here for the story, everything else is just conversation.

Stopping playing because I don't happen to agree with or like a certain aspect of a game seems a bit ridiculous.

Playing another game is always a choice, so is understanding what other people are saying it seems.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Stopping playing because I don't happen to agree with or like a certain aspect of a game seems a bit ridiculous.
Really? So if STWAdev turns this game completely into a game where all subsequent plot developments are determined by Patreon votes, you would just keep chugging along?

If a developer turns the game into something that has a 'certain aspect' in it, that if you had known it was going to be there you wouldn't even have downloaded it, you would just keep playing!? Really? Come on, there are tons of circumstances where a developer can change the focus of a game completely, or turn the MC into someone we can't stand, or whatever. Why should we stick around when there are dozens of good games provided on this site?

Well, I must be pretty ridiculous then, because I have stopped my financial support for 16 different developers. At least 5 of those were because the games changed so much that I didn't like them any more. [I keep track of these things.]

Last edited:

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Really? So if STWAdev turns this game completely into a game where all subsequent plot developments are determined by Patreon votes, you would just keep chugging along?

If a developer turns the game into something that has a 'certain aspect' in it, that if you had known it was going to be there you wouldn't even have downloaded it, you would just keep playing!? Really? Come on, there are tons of circumstances where a developer can change the focus of a game completely, or turn the MC into someone we can't stand, or whatever. Why should we stick around when there are dozens of good games provided on this site?

Well, I must be pretty ridiculous then, because I have stopped my financial support for 16 different developers. At least 5 of those were because the games changed so much that I didn't like them any more. [I keep track of these things.]
If I'm financially supporting a game, I have no problem pulling my said support and moving on if I had a real problem with the direction/content or if I felt the dev was not being open communication-wise and the time between updates were excessive. Fortunately, I've only had to do that a handful of times, and for the record, I'm currently supporting well over a dozen projects on both SubscribeStar and begrudgingly close to that amount on Patreon... in any case, even with games I don't have a personal stake in, I will monitor them in hopes they get better, or I'm in a better frame of mind to enjoy them later since I play these games to have fun...they are an escapist fantasy for me after all, so if I'm not enjoying them, or they become monotonous and just not fun...I have no problem moving on. After all, like you all have said there are plenty of other projects out there, new and old to check out.

As for the romance angle, I loved how organic and somewhat plausible things developed in the first game, and given I tend to have a hard time choosing between LIs, it's just efficient for me if there is a sensible harem/mini-harem or general polyamory path to take so I don't get stuck playing the same content over and over when time is limited and there are always other games I still want to get to. That said, Aoife was easily the obvious choice for me and the addition of Lyndie was a nice bonus and felt like it didn't detract from the main story at all for me.

Having only played the first couple of update releases in this game (have not played the most recent update) I agree all the LIs are attractive to me but have just as much emotional baggage and while it seems a tad early to start with the throuple relationships, I'd like to see the groundwork established to know what paths may be later implemented. I'm keeping an open mind and putting my trust in the Dev this will be done in an effective and believable manner. I go back and forth between Els and Vi as my favorites, but am still invested in them both to at least see where that takes me but the manwhore in me will probably try to romance/sleep with them all if possible.

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
I'm a little confused about the Face or the Heel choice when you talk with Kana about the interview. If I choose the Heel does that mean I have to act like an asshole permanently now?

Reactions: vogelbeest

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
It does not.
I mean I know I can still do whatever I like but if I want to pleased Kana I should keep acting like an asshole, right? English is not my first language so I could be wrong here but from what I gather from their conversation she said I need a gimmick and choose Heel mean act like an asshole. Is that correct? Or maybe that choice is meaningless?

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
I mean I know I can still do whatever I like but if I want to pleased Kana I should keep acting like an asshole, right? English is not my first language so I could be wrong here but from what I gather from their conversation she said I need a gimmick and choose Heel mean act like an asshole. Is that correct? Or maybe that choice is meaningless?
Yes, being a heel means acting like an ass, but you can have a gimmick without being an asshole. Either way you won't be locked in to whatever choice you make later on. It will sway your "alignment" slightly depending on which you choose but nothing that can't be changed.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
New challengers enter the outfit poll:

Outfit Poll 2 Electric Boogaloo 03/19/2022

Stew... I hear you say. Didn't we do this last week?

Well yes we sort of did, but this past week I found two new dresses that make my heart go pitter patter. So they'll be going up against the winner from the last weekends poll.

Final Round...Fight!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thanks as always for the support and I hope you have a lovely upcoming week.

Sláinte!

A 59%
B 9%
C 31%

32 votes total 6 days left

Monetka_

Feb 2, 2021

Well yes we sort of did, but this past week I found two new dresses that make my heart go pitter patter. So they'll be going up against the winner from the last weekends poll.

Final Round...Fight!

Sláinte!

A 59%
B 9%
C 31%

It's still an option A. This is a very elegant dress compared to others and she is irresistible in it.

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017

Final Round...Fight!

Sláinte!

A 59%
B 9%
C 31%

I like A the most. Glad the patrons think the same:D

Paynne

Oct 31, 2018

Final Round...Fight!

Sláinte!

A 59%
B 9%
C 31%

I still prefer A but damn, C looks beautiful too

Reactions: haooni
4.70 star(s) 115 Votes